1.9

Ecampus.com

1.9

Pros

Cons

I told them I'd give them good reviews if I got good service.

I placed an order with ecampus.com because I could not find my college textbooks anywhere else for less than my campus bookstore was selling them, which is typical. Neither Barnes & Noble nor Amazon had them. Afterward I did a research review on ecampus, and found it to be dismal.Personally, I think they're being picked on, although I have no doubt that at least some of the reviews that I read are true.I contacted ecampus and told them about their track record. I let them know how much it sucked. They did not respond to my allegations about their so-called dismal service but I did get a "Thank You for shopping at ecampus," followed up by how my order was doing and when it was shipped etc.Frankly, I don't know what the accusations on the internet are all about. Maybe their competitors are just trying to give them a hard time. That, of course, can be a two-way street. I got good service from ecampus.I think all you need to do, basically, is let ecampus know that you have researched their service, let them know that people are saying it stinks, and give them an adequate amount of time to get your books to you.I think they will bend over backwards to get a good review from you, as they seemed to do with me, since providing college textbooks is such a competitive business, especially in today's economy. No one wants to go out of business just because their former customers think they stink and have gone elsewhere.If you need your books by March 15 and it's now March 14, it's not gonna happen, no matter who you order from.If you absolutely positively have to have a book or books in 24 hours or less, and you live in the U.S., **I'll be more than happy to deliver them to your doorstep personally, at $1.50 per mile. **I'll get them there faster than anyone else could. Depending upon distance, don't expect them in 24 hours.I told ecampus when I needed my books and that if I got them on time, I would give them glowing reviews plastered all over the internet about how happy I am. That's what I'm doing right now.I ordered on October 21, told them about their track record, and stated that I needed my books by November 2. I got the first set of my books several days ago, and the last book showed up on my doorstep either sometime yesterday, or sometime this morning. This book was listed as "used," as I ordered it. It is in good shape, but there is some writing and highlighting in it.So I've got some answers to some of the review questions, and class hasn't even started yet. High five!All in all, I found ecampus's ordering and shipping service to be excellent. They got my order to me at least 4 days ahead of my schedule, and I get to have a stress free weekend.

Ecampus is not Efriendly, infact, it Esucks!

Just gimme me money!

I take classes online, and this is the only way I can get books for school using Financial Aid with a book voucher and I can...Read complete review

Just gimme me money!

I take classes online, and this is the only way I can get books for school using Financial Aid with a book voucher and I can only use Ecampus.

Each and everytime I use this site, it sucks.  The selection of texts are great for my school, but the selection of supplies, and other items are very poor.  On top of that the shipping way too expensive, and the customer service.. is... well not service.

They are rude or not knowledgeable, and if messages are left, calls are not returned.  I had to go through almost emailing everyone inthe company to get a refunded on books not being shipped, and me being charged even though I canceled the order and never received the books.

Stay away from ecampus if you can, NOT a good experience.

Thieves

from Hyannis

Comments about Ecampus.com:

I rented a USED book for $10, a new one is about $70. While with me, the book got a very little water damage on the bottom pages, it DID NOT damage the print of the book at all, and when was the time to returned it they said the book was completed damaged and could not be rented nor resold to anyone anymore and was going to be destroyed. Nevertheless they charged my credit card the full amount of $68. They made me pay for a new book, but the book was already used before I got it in the first place, it even had written things on it! I called the company to see if I they could send me the book back, since I had to pay the full price for a book that was ALREADY used before it got to me, and they said they said ok, so far no book and it's been over two weeks now. I also sent them an email and got no reply. Now I don't have the book and lost my money! Payed almost $80 for a used book that I don't have! Therrible company and customer service! Never again!

Hope you don't want anything soon from eCampus

from SF bay area, CA

Comments about Ecampus.com:

It's been 8 business days and two weekends since I ordered a new book - said "in stock" and normally ships 24-48 hrs later. I received shipment confirmation a week later.

Misleading "BUNDLES"

Comments about Ecampus.com:

I rented a textbook BUNDLE which clearly stated in the title that it included the book + a printed access code. When I received the book the access code was missing. I contacted the company and they stated that since it was a rental they could not guarantee an access code. If that was the case they should not offer a "BUNDLE" option for rentals. The customer service agent I spoke with was extremely unhelpful and simply kept rephrasing previous answers. Returning all the books I rented from this company and using one who actually sends what you order.

Ecampus Processing Orders

Comments about Ecampus.com:

Order processing time is terrible. I can't believe it takes more than 2 days to process an order and ship it out. Then when you call, your on hold forever and eventually no one answers the call. Terrible Customer Service. I've rented from other suppliers and received my books within just a few days. In most cases, students confirm book requirements the first day of class, therefore the books should be shipping quickly. Should have extended hours first weeks of semesters for students.

Beware of them selling textbooks they don't have in stock.

Comments about Ecampus.com:

Update: Ecampus.com canceled my order promptly on request and has stated they will refund my purchase in 3-5 days. For me, it's not a big deal, but a more cash-strapped student could be put in quite a bind waiting for the refund. Customer service also responded with the offer of a $25 gift card, and free next-day shipping on my next order. While I appreciate the customer support folks offering a gift card, my biggest complaint is that I was led to believe the item was in stock, and it wasn't. Amazon notes that the item is not in stock, and the expected date of shipment is 6-9 days, so I went with ecampus assuming the item was in stock. It's more important to me to receive my textbooks in a timely manner than to get the best price. Added an overall star in recognition of the quick order cancellation, the offer of the gift card, the better than expected response by Customer Service to my complaints.

ecampus.com claimed they had an item in stock on the web site. They did not have the item in stock. When you need books for a course, this matters.

ecampus.com claims they ship in "24-48 hours." Let's begin by noting that a significant percentage of online retailers ship your order then same or very next day. It's 2014, for the love of all things sacred. That said, if you're lucky, they'll *process* your order in that time... which doesn't equal shipping. Then, if your item is out of stock, expect to wait another 24-48 hours for them to tell you they don't have it in stock and provide no ETA.

I'd rather purchase my product for the hyper-inflated prices at the schools book store than use this completely incompetent company.

If you need support, good luck. If they have a phone number, it's hidden quite well. Luckily, I purchase online with American Express. Ecampus.com may be anti-consumer, but AmEx most certainly is not.

WORST ONSITE PURCHASE SITE

Comments about Ecampus.com:

WORST experience ever with an online store!! I WILL NEVER USE AGAIN. Ordered a textbook on 8/5/14. Talked to the vendor on 8/7/14 just to check regarding shipping time frame. They did not see my order or have the textbook. eCampus swore they sent order; vendor denied order of textbook. eCampus told me they wouldn't refund until specified time frame passed. Finally on 8/15/14 I am told I will get a refund in 7 days on a textbook I ordered 15 days ago that the vender never had in stock in the first place. School started 2 days ago so I had already purchased the textbook elsewhere. Here's hoping they actually refund my $$$.

Took my money, No book

Comments about Ecampus.com:

I ordered a law boo from ecampus two weeks ago. At the time when I place my order ecampus said it would be shipped within 2 to 3 business days. Because my book hadn't arrived two weeks later I check the status of my order. The book order status was "on order". I sent an email to ask about the order status. They replied back very soon saying they had sent me an email saying the order was canceled because they couldn't locate my book. I did in fact receive an email saying my order was canceled. Three hours later. I could understand a book being out of stock, but I do not understand why I wasn't notified. I don't know how long it would've gone if I wouldn't of asked about it. Won't use them again.

Horrible experience

Comments about Ecampus.com:

DO NOT ORDER BOOKS FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I am a 21 year old college student currently being charged $400 for 2 late books that I returned over a month early! After going back and forth with this company for days now, they STILL will not refund my money or even make the attempt to LOOK for my "missing" books. I will never give E campus business again and advise every one else not to as well. What a horrible experience!

With eCampus, one day shipping means seven day shipping

Comments about Ecampus.com:

I ordered a book and paid $25 for next day shipping. It is now five days later, and it hasn't even shipped yet. I asked politely for a refund of the shipping cost. I got a short and rude response that said that my order is processing on time, and "no refund is due".

Horrible! I will never use them again!

Comments about Ecampus.com:

I rented a book from this company in August 2013, the rental was due back PRIOR to December 26, 2013. I boxed it up, dropped it off the week before christmas to be shipped back and upon checking my bank statement several weeks later, discovered that I was charged $267 for the textbook that I returned. Upon my discovery of this, I contacted the company and they refused to issue a full refund for the charges, and instead refunded me 75% of the charges. They stated the book was not returned prior to 12/26/13 when it was due. They never acknowledged when it was picked up for shipment, if they choose the slowest possible form of shipping it back, its absurd that I would be penalized for that. I contacted the BBB of KY to dispute this, they have been no help and the company still refuses to reimburse me the remainder of my money. In addition, they charged me almost double what most textbook companies were asking for the same text book in new condition. I have done as much research as possible about this company so that in the future I don't rent from them or any of their subsidiary companies, in addition I've notified the college bookstore to stop recommending this company as a rental option.