Other Baby Foods:

Earth's Best Whole Grain Rice Cereal

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Not delicious but healthy and easy to incorporate into foods

My mom purchased the initial container of this for our household.  I was really looking forward to making all my own baby food purees by steaming veggies and blending with fruit, etc.  I was very pleased with Earth's Best Rice Cereal.  It was easy to incorporate into the other baby foods I was making, adding smooth consistency and acting as a "filler" while still being healthy.  I like that it adds Iron into my daughters diet, which you have to be concerned about after 6 months.  I only mixed it with pure milk a couple of times-it didn't really have enough flavor or texture to hold my daughter's interest.  It worked well as a thickener for soups, turning them into more of a baby food consistency.  This is the only rice cereal we ever bought.  We try to eat mostly organic over here, so this was the ideal supplement to my daughters nutrition especially when transitioning to solids.  Now that she is 13 months, we only use it on occasion.  This is the best rice cereal on the market and a good value.

Earths Best Whole Grain Cereal is good for your little one!

I have to say, there are a lot of things that I like about buying products made by "Earths Best". I love that their products are very natural/organic, and I know that I can trust giving them to my family. However, I don't think that just because something is "green" means that it has to be of a lower quality than it's non-green counterpart.

That's kind of how I feel about this product. I love that it is whole grain, and that it's good for my baby, but I don't think that it is as smooth as the regular cereals, such as the gerber brand, whom also makes a whole grain infant cereal. The biggest problem with this product is that it doesn't mix well or smoothly into bottles or infant cereal. When I tried to use it in my sons bottle, it was very lumpy, and stuck to it's self in bit clumps. It made some parts of the bottle hard for him to suck down, while others can pouring out the hole. We have never had this problem with gerber brand cereals.

It also does not blend well into baby food, but it's not as big of a problem as the bottle. It works well if you really need to thicken up the food A LOT. All in all, it's not a bad product, and there are some obvious advantages to using them, however I think other brands are a little more conveinent.

Also, this product is almost twice as much as Gerber and Beechnut Brands.

Perfect first food

from Boston, MA

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gentle

Cons

• 6 month old
    • Daily Use

Comments about Earth's Best Whole Grain Rice Cereal:

This product worked great to mix into my homemade baby food to "beef it up a bit" I would blend fruits or veggies with breast milk and then add some of the rice cereal to make the food go a little further and help with the consistency. My baby loves it and it's nice to know it's so good for her too.

Organic, GMO-Free and Same Price As the Other Guys

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Earth's Best Whole Grain Rice Cereal:

I can't speak highly enough of Earth's Best Whole Grain Rice Cereal. Not only has each of my children loved it when starting out on solid foods, but the grains used by Earth's Best are healthier for my children than any of the major brands. They only use organic and GMO-free crops. Surprisingly, they still manage to be competitive when pricing their products against the big brand names too. I don't know why anyone would ever buy Gerber when it sits on the shelf next to Earth's Best Whole Grain Rice Cereal. That baby on the Gerber logo is cute, but not cute enough to convince me to poison my own adorable baby. All things considered, I'm glad each of my kids has had a good sense of taste and have all loved Earth's Best Rice Cereal. They scarf it down like it's coated in chocolate. Of course, I make it with breastmilk so it might as well be chocolate to a baby. This really is one of the best widely-available baby food products on the market.

• Safety:

earth best whole grain rice cereal

Comments about Earth's Best Whole Grain Rice Cereal:

I used the Earth's Best Whole Grain Rice Cereal with all my kids and didn't have any problems.

Quality of Ingredients
    It tastes better than similar brand baby cereal, but a little more pricey.

Safety
    I think it is safe to use this cereal for babies, but not at 4 months like they recommend.

• Safety:

Good enough for my baby.

Comments about Earth's Best Whole Grain Rice Cereal:

When you start researching the best choices for your baby and children, you realize that organic is the way to go. You don't really want to knowingly give your child food that has been contaminated with pesticides or other poisons. We found Earth's Best Whole Grain Rice cereal, and that was my baby's first food, which he loved, and we loved the ingredients of.

Quality of Ingredients
    The ingredients from Earth's Best are all natural, USDA Organic, and one of the few great choices in baby cereal on the market. At first I was afraid my baby wouldn't like the taste, because it might be too "healthy" with whole grains or something, but he took it easily and ate it for his first few months of real food.

Safety
    I have absolutely no concerns with this any of the Earth's Best Brands food. All of their products are certified as organic and are as natural as you can get, unless you grind your own organic rice into cereal at home I suppose!

• Safety:

Safe, clean, natural product for my little ones tummy

Comments about Earth's Best Whole Grain Rice Cereal:

This product is a natural way to introduce my baby to solid foods. No added ingredients, chemicals or preservatives. Mixes very easily with breast milk, water, or mashed fruits and vegetables. My baby loves it. When just mixed with water it has a light mild taste that my baby loved even plain. Because of only breastfeeding my baby was a little anemic. However, when I started giving him this his iron levels went up to normal so I know that it is a great source of iron.I feel that this is a high end product for a very reasonable price.

Quality of Ingredients
    Clean natural ingredients with no added chemicals or preservatives. I felt safe using this as one of my babies first solids. By using this product I am providing my baby with pure ingredients.

Safety
    I scored this one low because the packaging is horrible. The box folds up easily and the pour spout breaks every time I first open it. I do not feel the thin cardboard keeps out environmental toxins that can seep through.

• Safety:

Healthy, organic baby cereal!

Comments about Earth's Best Whole Grain Rice Cereal:

I love that this cereal is organic and has added iron. The taste is pretty bad, so I mix it in with fruit and vegetable before giving it to my baby. She doesn't seem to notice the difference. This cereal has slightly less calories than Gerber, and I try feeding my baby as many calories as possible, but that might be good for a bigger baby. I would also watch out that you don't give the baby too much of this cereal, as it causes constipation.

Great rice cereal

from Richmond VA

Comments about Earth's Best Whole Grain Rice Cereal:

As rice cereals go, this is the one to use if you choose to introduce rice to your child. Using whole grains is a much healthier route to take, and there is less of a risk of setting a precedent for consuming unhealthy food and sugars from an early age. I liked using this cereal to thicken homemade fruit and vegetable purees, or as a base for breakfast by adding a little mashed fruit. It can also be used to make homemade teething biscuits, which are a great treat for babies with sore gums!

Quality of Ingredients
    The organic ingredients in this rice cereal are a comfort to me as a parent. I feel much better about serving this to my child and about using it in his recipes than I would about other brands. I like that he was introduced to the taste of good whole grains early.

Safety
    Rice cereal is generally not recommended as a first food, but as rice cereal goes, this is one of the best you can serve to your child.

• Safety:

A great introduction to foods for baby

Comments about Earth's Best Whole Grain Rice Cereal:

We use Earth's Best Whole Grain Rice Cereal for both of our kids when they started to go after spoon feedings. I really like that this product is organic so it does not contain pesticides or harsh chemicals. This is one of the best baby rice cereals and is great for that transitional time for your baby.

Love that it is organic

from Stanton, CA

Comments about Earth's Best Whole Grain Rice Cereal:

We have a lot of Earth's Best products around the house for our children. We love their jarred food, and also love all of their baby cereals. They are great for thickening up baby food that needs it, or just as a meal on its own mixed with water. I love love love that Earth's Best uses organic ingredients. It also seems to do this with little to no price hikes compared to other brands. Its nice to know that there are companies out there that truly care about the wellbeing of children and want all families to be able to afford their products. I also love how portable this is. This is the first brand that I've seen that includes packets instead of just having to pour from the box. Keeps safety levels and freshness high, and makes it so easy to use on the go!

Quality of Ingredients
    We love Earth's Best and that it uses high quality, organic ingredients.

Safety
    I don't have any safety issues with this cereal.

Another Great Product from Earth's Best

Comments about Earth's Best Whole Grain Rice Cereal:

I love buying the Earth Best brand for jarred baby food, so when it was time for my first baby to move on to cereals, this is the brand that I went with. Not surprisingly, I came a fan of the Earth's Best Rice Cereal too, and have used it with all three of my children.

My favorite thing is that this is organic, so I know that my babies are getting really healthy foods. Since it costs more to make, you will pay more for it than for other conventional brands. However the box lasts a while because the cereal thickens up considerably once you add liquid. Since all cereal is pretty bland on it's own, I usually add a little bit of applesauce or other pureed fruit to make it more palatable. My babies didn't care for this cereal very much plain with just water, but loved it with fruit!

This cereal is also certified to be free of GMO's, which is very important to me. This is a great organic product that I would highly recommend.