Other Detergents:

Earth Friendly Products Ecos Liquid Laundry Detergent, Magnolia & Lilies

Pros

Cons

Earth Friendly Ultra cleans green

Earth Friendly Ultra Ecos Magnolia and Lily is a good detergent. Recently, I have been replacing my cleaning products with "green" versions.  This detergent is made by a great company, **Earth Friendly Products, **that has a very informative web site. I really liked their message. The Ecos Magnolia and Lily is the first of their products I have tried.

This detergent does a very good job cleaning an average load of laundry. Earth Friendly Ultra contains natural softeners, so you don't need to add a softener. The clothes come out clean and soft with a very faint fresh floral scent.  This is not the detergent to use on your most soiled or smelly loads without a laundry booster. After a wash in Earth Friendly Ultra, my husband's quite smelly workout clothes did not smell clean. I had to wash them again.

The price for this detergent is very good, comparable to any name brand. The cleaning ability is good and if a laundry booster is added, able to handle messier or stinkier loads.  I am satisfied with Earth Friendly Ultra Ecos.

Ecos, Great product, just not great for me

The ECOS laundry detergent, I see what you're trying to do but it's not for my household. The detergent is very eco friendly and doesn't contain harsh chemicals.  It's also 2x concentrated so it doesn't take alot to do a load.  All good qualities, but still not right for my home. I used the detergent on about 4 loads of clothes.  When I opened the bottle, I noticed a very, very slight hint of a fragrance but it's extremely light, almost non-existent.  My son said that it smells like the bubble solution that you blow out of those little plastic wands.  I prefer a nice, strong soapy fragrance from my detergent - just my preference.  My laundry was cleaned well, but it was no different or better than my regular detergent.  The ECOS also includes a slight coconut based fabric softener. I did notice that the clothes were soft upon coming out of the dryer, but again, I like the scent of the softener on my clothes and with the ECOS you just didn't have that. The ECOS detergent can be used in a front loading (HE), or top loading washing machine.  This is a plus because I have an HE front loading machine, and I find that the available detergents for those types of washing machines are limited to either Tide or Gain.  So that is a plus for the ECOS detergent.  However, because it doesn't give the fragrance that I prefer my clothes to have, I probably would not purchase this product.

Dissapointing.

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Earth Friendly Products Ecos Liquid Laundry Detergent, Magnolia & Lilies:

In my quest for the most gentle products for my children, I picked up a jug of "Earth Friendly Products Ecos Liquid Laundry Detergent, Magnolia & Lilies". Maybe my kids are dirtier than most people (which is a real possibility. I have two boys after all) but nothing seemed to come clean when washed with this detergent. Maybe I set my expectations too high. Considering it was a little pricier than most gentle and earth-friendly products, I was extremely dissapointed that it didn't work very well at all. Even the slightest spots on the clothes (I wouldn't even call them stains because they weren't caused by anything that would typically stain fabric, like oatmeal and smashed pears) were still present after washing. Bad smells weren't washed away either and with two out of three kids still in diapers there are a lot of smells. I think the best word I'd use to describe Earth Friendly Products Ecos Liquid Laundry Detergent, Magnolia & Lilies is "Dissapointing".

Beautiful scent, great natural detergent.

from Stroudsburg, PA

I'm a huge fan of natural detergents. The Earth Friendly Magnolia and Lilies Detergent is a gentle plan based all natural detergent. The Scent is made with essential oils and no harsh or irritating scents. It is great for people with sensitive skin and allergies.

It is concentrated so you only need a small amount to wash a load of laundry. It even has fabric softener made out of coconut oil in it.

I find that it gets all the stains and odors out of my clothes without any harsh scents or chemicals. I love this detergent because even though it is scented, the scent is very faint and light.

I also feel comfortable supporting this brand because they don't text their products on animals.

It's gentle on my clothes, and on my skin. No more hives and allergies due to detergents again for me. I would recommend this for lovers of all natural products.

It's better then most regular laundry detergents. It gets rid of all the stains and odors in my clothes without all the bad chemicals and strong fragrances.

It has a very light scent to it. I enjoy scented detergents when they aren't strong. It does not linger through the day, and wears off fairly quickly. In the bottle the detergent has a wonderful floral scent.

Earth Friendly

from Saint Anne, IL

Earth Friendly Product: Ecos Liquid Laundry Detergent, Magnolia & Lilies - is an environmentally friendly detergent that can be used in HE washing machines. Product does not contain harmful toxins or chemicals. Cleans clothes well.

For being a natural detergent the performance is outstanding. Laundry will be clean, however for stubborn stains I do recommend treating the stain for further assurance that the item/s come out spotless. Once the laundry has been washed and dried it's clean and soft. The best part of it all is that all the ingredients that your laundry was exposed to is "Friendly" to you and your family.

The magnolia & lilies scent had a lot to be desired. When you smell the fragrance in the bottle there is a nice scent to the detergent. The scent is lost during the laundry process because the laundry will not retain the scent. I recommend adding a scent element or fabric softener to your load.

Great all around detergent

from Hendersonville, NC

I found this detergent while looking for a good baby detergent after the birth of my son. His skin was very sensitive and I was trying to find something that was gentle enough to use on his things, but I also wanted something with just a touch of fragrance. All the other baby detergents either smelled terrible or had absolutely no smell at all. When washing soiled baby clothing, I at least wanted a little bit of scent. I gave the ECOS detergent in magnolia and lilies a try and I loved it. It did not break his skin out at all and it smells wonderful. It works so well that I was able to use it for the whole family. The scent didn't bother my husband so I washed his work clothes in it and it worked well on getting the clothes clean so I was able to use it for my two older sons as well. It is a great all around detergent for the entire family and it works in HE washing machines. The value is great, as well. I couldn't believe how cheap it was compared to other environmentally friendly detergents on the market.

Washes great and can be used in HE washing machines.

The scent is light, but lovely.

Good for kids clothing

I tried this because I wanted to wash my kids clothes with something that didn't contain any bad ingredients. I also tried washing adults' stuff with this but noticed that the washing power was not as strong as normal detergent like tide. But I did think this is a better solution for the kids because I wasn't sure if the normal detergent contained something that would irritate sensitive skin like the children's. Although the effectiveness is not as strong, it does the job decently and I would rather use something safe for the kids rather than something stronger but with toxic. I would definitely recommend this if you want to use gentle ingredients and be friendly towards the environment. If you are mostly focused on clean washes, normal detergent might be more satisfying to you.

The scent is very mild which i think is good for kid's clothing. You don't notice it much.

Dont use anything else!!

This is not only an all natural laundry detergent, its the ONLY one on the market that has no chemicals whatsoever. The term "all natural" can be very deceiving, but there are literally only 5 ingredients in this bottle... two plant extracts, two essential oils, and water. Nothing could be more gentle on your skin. I've used it for 2 years and want nothing else for my baby's clothes. The scent is not a perfume, its essential oils, and its very light and pleasant. Its so gentle I know of people who bathe their horses with it. Great thing to take camping because it wont hurt the environment! And I have never noticed a different in the cleaning capability between Ecos and other things like Tide. Unlike food products, cleaners do not have to state all their ingredients on their labels. Those other cleaners have formaldehyde.... I dont need to be preserved, thank you, among many other nasty things they dont want you to know about. Dont use anything else

Magnolia and Lily have been the scent I've used

Natural detergent

I like the performance of this natural detergent.  It's nice and thick poring out of the bottle not at all watery.  It has a nice mild scent. In my opinion it does a wonderful job cleaning sweaty tennis clothing.  It also does a good job on men's sweat soaked workout wear. The clothes come out of the wash smelling clean in regular tap water.  I cannot say if it whitens the whites because I try to shy away from bleached cotton under garments.  But we do have tennis whites and they seem to be very bright but I donot know if it's the detergent or the hot sun bleaching it out. The heavy jeans seem soft not stiff when coming out the dryer.  I do have a bad habit of packing the washer with clothing and they come out clean.  The sheets are nice and soft also as well as my king size silk duvet cover. The detergent does not  create any suds.  I have used it a commerical  washer and also a home washer and I have no complaints.  I like how there are no harsh chemicals that I can see listed that would do my family any harm.  When I add the detergent to the wash i make sure to pour it in as the water is running so its evenly distributed. This will be money well spent.

Worth every penny!

Leaves clothes clean and fresh smelling! Also, great for the environment! Lasts forever and perfect if you have kids who like the mud!

Clothes come out spotless! I feel like I'm not using enough detergent , but it calls for the perfect amount!

Not overwhelming, but still has clean smell!

I would not use this stuff again, it is awful

I try to use eco-friendly products as much as possible, so I thought I would give this a try. I will not buy it again. It doesn't clean nearly as well as other detergents, including other eco-friendly detergents. You also have to use significantly more product with each load of wash than you do similar brands. Stay away from this.

Safe and Clean

from TN

I started using Ecos liquid laundry detergent about four months ago. I decided to switch because my previous brand of laundry detergent we was using started causing my youngest and me to breakout. Since I switched to Ecos, we have not had one breakout. Ecos is 100% natural and that is one of the main reasons I decided to give this detergent a try.

Believe it or not, Ecos 100% natural laundry detergent works better at cleaning tough stains than my previous brand of detergent. At first I was kind of skeptical that it would clean very good. But boy was I proven wrong, I was even able to get a tough grass stain out of my daughters jeans, using this detergent. You use half of cap for a light load and a full cap for a heavy load.

This detergent has such a sweet and light scent. The smell is very mild but still strong enough to leave a light scent on your clothes after they are washed.