Other Detergents:

Earth Friendly Products 2X Ultra ECOS All Natural Laundry Detergent

Pros

Cons

Earth Friendly products ECOS natural laundry detergent

I was so happy to find out that this is such an awesome product ,if you are looking for products to make your home healthy Green and clean this is a great choice . it smells wonderful and dose a great job cleaning laundry of any kind . this product is natural and safe to use if you have babies and kids at home . I have made it a project to go Greener and this is one of my favorite products for a clean and healthy home . I think this product does as good or better a job at cleaning laundry than conventional products do and you do not have to worry about allergens . So if you are also looking to go green or just want to protect your kids from harmful chemicals I sure hope you give this a try . Thanks for looking at my review

Really Not A Fan of This Detergent

I got a decent deal on this laundry detergent and figured I would give it a shot. I was pretty disappointed in it. It does not seem to clean clothes as well as normal brands. I know it is environmentally friendly and all, but I was hoping for a lot more. I did not really care for the scent (really not much of one) and my clothes were clean, but not quite as clean as a lot of major brands (especially clothes I sweat in).

Works o.k. for some clothes, but for heavily soiled or dirty clothes I would recommend using something else. This product is a great idea, but just not quite there yet. I like the eco friendly aspects, but I am just not sold on this laundry detergent.

The scent on this is really not there. I think that is how it is supposed to be, but I prefer having a gentle scent in my laundry detergent. Clothes washed with this seem to be overpowered by whatever scents they had before the wash versus a lot of detergents actually take care of that.

Cleans clothes pretty well

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Earth Friendly Products 2X Ultra ECOS All Natural Laundry Detergent:

ECOS All Natural Laundry Detergent is a decent deterent that cleans clothes well; however, I wouldn't consider it the best. I think there are other brands of detergent that I would prefer such as Tide, mainly because of the scent that Tide provides. Nevertheless, ECOS All Natural Laundry Detergent is okay. I purchased it when I was out of detergent and did not have any coupons for Tide and it was significantly more expensive. ECOS detergent is much better priced, probably one of the best things about it. However, when I'm using it, I find myself having to add more things to it to clean my clothes better. I add a little bit of fabric softener to have a better cleaning scent, and also a little bit of vinegar. I'm not sure exactly why I do this but I guess it's because the ECOS detergent on its own does not perform that well in cleaning clothes. Therefore, I cannot confidently recommend this detergent to someone else, but I would not mind purchasing it if necessary because it is much more affordable than other brands.

Really Not A Fan of This Detergent

from Lake Villa, IL

Great Natural Product

This is a great natural, environmentally friendly product, does have both pros and cons though.

This is a natural, environmentally friendly detergent, It does a fairly good job of getting clothes clean, but it is not outstanding from that point of view. I needed to use about twice the amount the container said I would need in order to get my clothes really clean. That being said, I have had trouble with eczema, especially in the winter so it is very important for the health of my skin that I use a detergent that does not leave any irritating chemicals in my clothes. This detergent did not give me any problems, so I would still recommend it even though you don't get as many loads per container as they say you should.

The scent is perfect, perfectly non-existent when once it's all rinsed. The only time I could smell it was when I used it for some hand washing, but it just smelled soapy, nothing bothersome.

Nice Smell Lacking in Performance

from Hartford, CT

I'm all for environmentally friendly products and try to purchase them whenever I can since they are usually a very good quality but this was a giant letdown for me.

I love that this ECOS All Natural Laundry Detergent is HE washer compatible. So many environmentally friendly detergents simple are not and it's quite frustrating so it was nice to discover one that was.

I also really liked that this was available at my local big box store so I didn't have to travel to a specialty store to purchase it.

The scent is quite pleasant and very clean smelling without being perfumy. Laundry comes out smelling fresh and clean.

On the downside is the actual performance. This did not perform anywhere near as well as my regular brand of detergent, nor as well as many other brands I've tried. It did a good enough job on clothes that weren't particularly dirty but anything with any sort of soiling such as grass or dirt it just could not remove it.

So, if you're just washing lightly worn clothes or bedding then this is a fine choice but be aware that this is simply not for heavily soiled items.

Standard Detergent

We used this ECOS All natural laundry detergent for my children. We thought instead of buying the expensive "baby" detergent, we would just go natural for the family. My son has a very mild case of eczema on his skin, so we wanted something that wouldn't irritate, and this detergent did the job. It cleaned the clothes without any artificial smells, and it seems to do the job. It is a little more pricey, but on sale we will get it among a few other brands as well.

My clothes came out clean, nothing too drastic to expand on. We used it for baby and children's clothes, to work clothes, to our towels and bedding. I always pre-treat stains, so I didn't see a magical stain removal effect with this detergent, but clothes came out clean without any problems.

The ECOS we used had a light floral scent to it, all from the naturally derived floral oils. This is always a great change over the other detergents that smell overwhelmingly like toxic flowers.

Great for sensitive skin

My husband and I both have sensitive skin, and Ecos laundry soap leaves our clothes feeling and smelling clean and fresh, without leaving us feeling itchy. We also like that it's reasonably-priced, environmentally friendly and concentrated, and it works well in our high-efficiency washer. In fact, our only complaint is that more stores don't stock Ecos detergent, so we often end up having to mail-order it!

Ecos detergent gets out regular dirt and spots without problems, even when using a cold-water wash cycle, but we do sometimes use a natural pre-treatment (like Ossengall) for difficult stains.

We normally get the Free & Clear (which is unscented), but the Lemongrass is nice too and not overpowering. No matter which scent we choose, it leaves everyday clothes smelling fresh, but we sometimes use an additional natural odor-neutralizing spray (like Bac-Out) for gym clothes.

Earth Friendly products ECOS natural laundry detergent

from Palm Coast, FL

Eco-friendly and lovely scent!

from Climax, NC

I buy this in the gigantic bottles from our local commissary and love the value! It's so hard where we live to find eco-friendly products that aren't marked way up in price, so this has become our go-to laundry detergent. The scent is nice and fresh without being overpowering.

Awesome natural laundry detergent

from North Palm Beach, FL

This laundry detergent is great. It is natural and has no added chemicals (like chorline, bleach, etc.). It is hypoallergenic and has added soy based softeners. I highly recommend for everyday washing. Sometimes needs some help on really dirty loads but overall an awesome product for those of us cutting down on chemicals.

Great smell

from Los Angeles, CA

I use this detergent for my dark clothes only and it does a wonderful job. It doesn't wear out my darks as other detergents do. For my whites I usually use Arm & Hammer with OxiClean. For my daughterclothes i use Ecos baby detergent and it also does a great job.