Other Baby Carriers:

ERGObaby Performance Baby Carrier

I love this carrier!

from Tampa, FL

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Easy Use
  • Strong Construction
  • Stylish

Cons

• Daily Use
    • Out & About
    • Travel

Comments about ERGObaby Performance Baby Carrier:

I love this carrier! So does my husband! We've used it hiking, walking, and just for helping our little one fall asleep in not ideal locations.

ERGObaby Performance carrier-the best for comfort baby wearing

Comments about ERGObaby Performance Baby Carrier:

I have tried at least 7 different baby carriers and this one is by far my favorite for babies that can hold their head up. The main reason I like it is because it really distributes the weight to the hips and alleviates the stress on the shoulders and upper back that you get with many types of carriers. I used it with two children until they were almost out of the toddler phase.

Safety
    never had a problem with slipage or baby falling down through the carrier, easy and safe way to place baby in carrier

Parents' Comfort
    This is the number one reason I like this carrier--the weight is distributed to the hips instead of on the shoulders and upper back as with many types of carriers.

There are even little elastic bands to keep the extra straps rolled up

• Safety:
    • Baby's Comfort:
    • Parents' Comfort:

Fantastic carrier for big babies

from Culpeper, VA

Comments about ERGObaby Performance Baby Carrier:

I used the Moby wrap until my baby was about 15 lbs when it started to really bother my back. I purchased a Performance Ergo and can carry my 20 lb baby around with no issues. She loves being carried and I love the convenience of having my hands free. The Performance has mesh to keep you and baby from getting too hot and it works well. We still get warm, but not overheated . Straps are comfy and I like that my husband and I both can use the Ergo and he is 6 inches taller and heavier than I am. Love my Ergo!

• Safety:
    • Baby's Comfort:
    • Parents' Comfort:

Above and beyond the original

from Burlington, NC

Comments about ERGObaby Performance Baby Carrier:

I bought an ergo original in camel since my SIL gave the ergo carrier high reviews. I tried it, but the shoulder pads were just to thick for me and kept slipping off my shoulders. My husband loved it though. My favorite color is green, and I noticed that in the performance line. I thought that I would give that one a try and I came across a good deal. The straps on this one are not as thick and fit me a lot better. I am a petite and smaller mom. The overall fit of it was much nicer compared to the original. The fabric used to make it is lighter weight and more breathable. I also feel like it has a bigger coverage area for the baby and it didn't feel like she could force her way out of it as easliy as the original did. I have carried her for hours in the performance and she has fallen asleep and stayed asleep the whole time she was being carried. I also like the fact that it still offers the 3 carry positions.

Better than Baby Bjorn and Slings!

from Irvine, CA

Comments about ERGObaby Performance Baby Carrier:

The Baby Bjorn made my back hurt, the Ergo did not. It provides so much support and is super breathable, so it doesn't make mommy or baby too hot. I used it with the Infant Insert for the first few months and didn't even bother with the Moby Wrap I was gifted. My baby hated slings, but she lived for this carrier. It allowed us to go everywhere together, and it made it easy for her to nap in when she resisted naps otherwise. I really liked that there was a hood you could use to shade your baby from the different weather elements too. One of my most useful baby purchases!

The Performance lives up to its name.

from Lawrenceville, GA

Comments about ERGObaby Performance Baby Carrier:

I have always been a babywearing momma.  From the day my son was born, I have always preferred to wear him in a carrier as opposed to pushing a stroller around or hauling a car seat.  Like most parents interested in babywearing, my husband and I started out with a Baby Bjorn.  It was fine for a short time when my son was very small, but after about thirty minutes my back would feel like it was about to split in half.  My husband never had any problems with it, but he has a thicker trunk and broader shoulders than I do.  Plus when my son got bigger, I didn't really like the way all his weight was placed directly on his crotch (hence the derogatory Bjorn nickname "crotch dangler").  So I switched from the Bjorn to a Moby wrap.  I was so sad the day my son was too big to go in a wrap!  So I decided to give an ERGO carrier a try.  I wish I had bought it the day he was born.  It seriously is the most ergonomic carrier I have ever used.  Front or back carry, it feels like my child is weightless.  His weight is distributed evenly throughout my hips and shoulders, making it very comfortable to carry him for long amounts of time.  We have used the Performance at football games, on shopping trips, and outdoor adventures.

The Performance is made of thinner, more breathable material than the other ERGO carriers.  The straps are also thinner and have a height-adjustable chest strap, making it a comfortable carrier for both my husband and myself.  It comes with a sun hood that is great for keeping baby's head from bobbing around when he falls asleep.  With a weight limit of up to 40 pounds, I know I will get a lot more use out of the Performance.  I highly recommend this carrier!