1.8

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Vehicle Selection:

Truly E-Z to Rent-a-car

After the mixed reveiws I was a little sceptical but there should've been no worries.  I rented from the Orlando airport and everything went smoothly from beginning to end.  The car was a new car with less than 15,000 miles on it and ran great and it was the cheapest rental I could find!  They are located right in the airport, so no waiting on shuttles - just walk.  With the experience I had with E-Z,  I would definitely rent from them again.

Charged my card a month later. Very bad customer service!

So we rented a car from the Orlando EZ rent a car on I-Drive and everything seemed to be good. About 3 weeks after I got back from my vacation there was a charge on my card for well over $200. So I called them and they could not give me an answer and just kept handing me off to someone else. At the end of all these people they hand me off to an answering machine and it says they will give me a call between M-F just leave a message. I was sooo fed up with it i went to my bank and they tried to talk to someone but most of the people can barely speak English and just transferring them also! Finallt my bank had to refer them to the Fraud agency and i finally got my money back. I would never recommend EZ rent a car to anyone. They seem cheap but all the hidden fees adds up. Will never rent from again! **STAY AWAY!!**

Horrible experience!!! Never rent from EZ.

from Montreal

Comments about E-Z Rent-A-Car:

I rented a car from the location 457 Michel Jasime, Dorval, QC H9P1C2.

Let me tell you, your agent at that location is extremely rude to the customers. I had a really very bad experience with my booking.

I rented a 7 seater Standard SUV as shown in the snapshot. When I reached there he gave me a 5 seater and when I tried to reason as to why the website says 7, he was extremely rude to me.

I had to get a very expensive upgrade because I was stuck. But let me tell you, I am never booking with your agency again specially when you have such rude agents at the desk talking to the customers. Awfull, terrible experience EZ Car.

EZ car rental

from montreal

Stay away. A big sham

STAY AWAY

from Boson

Comments about E-Z Rent-A-Car:

Whatever you do, DO NOT RENT FROM E-Z. Not only do they have horrendous customer service, but they will overcharge you hundreds of dollars from the amount you agreed upon and signed on. I have officially reached out to them 5 times for my refund and they have made a point to not respond to a single voicemail or e-mail. By the way, don't even try calling their customer care service line, you will be waiting on the phone for over an hour. The one time I got in touch with a customer service associate, he promised me he would share the mistake with his manager and get back to me within a few days....I have now been waiting for two weeks. It was my mistake renting from a company that is known for atrocious customer service and cars, but I was convinced by the sales associate promising me a competitive low rate. Little did I know I would be charged much more than the price for trusted and luxurious car rental companies. Please save yourself the money and the time and stay away from E-Z.

stay away from ezrentacar/america car rental

from cancun

Comments about E-Z Rent-A-Car:

Reserved a jeep wrangler for pickup in Cancun. Of course it wasn't available when I showed up so I had to settle for a different vehicle. Picked it up and the gas tank was empty! Of course they said to return it empty. Stupid.
Of course the closest gas station had inflated prices. I suspect they are working together. Was told I could return car early for a refund of unused days which I did. When i returned it they again said id get a refund for unused days. Emaied them twice with no response. Called and customer service hung up on me.

I will never rent from E-Z Rental car again

from Friendswood Texas

Comments about E-Z Rent-A-Car:

I thought that I was going to have a good experience with E-Z car but that was not the case. When we returned the car my husband left his cell phone in the car. As soon as we landed we immediately started calling and we were told that they would look for the phone and call us back. Well, we left 8 messages and I also tracked the phone to the rental agency. At one point the phone was answered and I could hear the rental clerks typing on the computer and talking. After that point the phone was turned off. I called again and spoke to a very rude young man and told him that we tracked the phone to E-Z and we needed the phone. He said that he would have a manager call us back which again never happened. The fact that someone at E-Z took the phone is just wrong. We know the phone was in the car but no one at E-Z could careless. That is not what I call customer service. Sad that no one at E-Z ever called us back when they know how important a phone is to someone. My husband is on several medications that were all listed on his phone so it was really important that we got the phone back. I remember the day when customer service was everything to a company. Just not E-Z car.

No Professional Works for E-Z Rent a Car

from jacksonville florida

Comments about E-Z Rent-A-Car:

Reserved a convertible Mustang on 03.10.16 with a credit card to pick up converti ble mustang on 03.11.16 at 10:30 am. I arrived at EZ. -Rental located near Jax airport to pick up car. When I got to counter I was told they did not have any more convertibles. I said if you don't have a mustang I will take what ever other convertible you may have. The front desk agent said we don't any more. I repeated that I had reserved a convertible the agent said we gave the last convertible mustang to the guy that was a head of you. I said what? I asked so it is more of a first come first serve than it is to reserve a car I was told yes.
I left and called for a manager spoke to a Tia. I asked Tia are you a manager she said she was a supervisor, I explained that I had reserved a convertible car, said we have a mini-van available! I asked is that mini-van convertible she said no and handed me off to someone else and I heard her say I am not going to handle this guy on the phone who wants to ask a lot of questions. Bottom line no convertible, no we are sorry, no lets us check another location, no nothing!

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

from Cheshire, CT

Comments about E-Z Rent-A-Car:

I made a reservation to pick up a car at the Denver, CO airport. Tired of waiting for the shuttle to take us to the rental car office, four other stranded travelers and myself decided to take a cab. To our surprise the EZ rent a car place was closed (lights were off and door was locked). Totally flabbergasted and completely upset we proceded to walk to Herzt Rent a Car and got a rental from them, of course had to pay whatever they decided to charge on such short notice.
Immediately I sent an email to Rent a Car Customer Service, they apologized and told me they would contact EZ and settle the issue. To my surprise the EZ staff had the guts to say they had been opened and refused to refund the money they had charged my credit card for the car rental. This is not only a customer service nightmare, this goes beyond that and I planned to pursued to the end.

PLEASE DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY

from Phoenix, Arizona

Comments about E-Z Rent-A-Car:

I Rented a car from Phx, Az and drove the car to Las Vegas, Nevada for New years celebration. The hotel room we were staying in was broken into, my purse was stolen out of the room as well as the rental keys. Called the police immediately to make a police report and attempted to contact EZ to no aval. After approx. 3 hours I was able to get into touch with them thru the 1-800 customer service # only to find out they don't have a GPS tracker in their brand new 2016 Toyota Camry. Called the Phx location and was flat out lied to, I was told to go to EZ in Nevada with copy of police report and they would put me in a new rental. "kayla" branch manager simply said "your obviously irresponsible with our assets and Im not giving you another rental". Worst experience of my life and I would rather walk to Nevada than rent from them again. The car was recovered and EZ simply replied I am responsible for the car until it is returned to one of their locations, but wouldn't give me authorization to pick the car up from the impound lot. David at Phx sky harbor location and Kayla at the Nevada location are the absolute worst and definitely don't need to be working customer service. Please don't waist your time with them they don't deserve your money and you may save a copy dollars but pay twice as much in fees.

They will rip you off!

from Easton, PA

Comments about E-Z Rent-A-Car:

Easily the worst experience renting a car in over 15 years of renting cars. This company will try to rip you off at every point. I should have heeded the warning of the customer in front of me who was having a similarly terrible experience. Because my reservation at another company was cancelled due to a flight delay, I was forced to rent from E-Z. When I asked for a quote for how much the car would be, the agent secretly included the insurance in the rate (even though I explicitly said I didn't want it). Unfortunately, I didn't notice this until after leaving the site. When I called to talk to a manager, they refused to tell me the manager's name. So I had to drive back, eventually got someone who said they were a manager to fix the insurance issue (although it took 30 minutes). For my trouble, I asked to return the car with a half full gas tank rather than three-quarters full. Then, when I returned the car half full, the person checking me in said no problem and that I didn't need an additional receipt. A few days later the company emails me a receipt with an additional $35 refueling fee. I tried several times to call and talk to a manager, but for some reason one is never around even during normal business hours. Very shady company. Rent from a major company that has cars at the airport rather than offsite.

Never Again

from Dallas Texas

Comments about E-Z Rent-A-Car:

I rented a car from this place and they tried to charge me for a scratch on the underside of the front bumper even though I bought their sorry little insurance plan. The final bill was higher than the contract I signed and they said the employee forgot to give me the updated contract. Don't trade with this outfit. I never will again.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand