Other Space Heaters:

Dyson Hot+Cool Fan Space Heater

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Not your typical space heater

Comments about Dyson Hot+Cool Fan Space Heater:

The unit is quiet and seems really safe, compared to other space heater. It ultimately heats up a space, but the way it blows air makes it seems like it's cooling at times.

It definitely warms up a space.

The unit is super easy to use, right out of the box. The remote control makes it even easier. One complaint is that the remote is so small, it's easy to misplace. The unit has very few settings, and the controls are intuitive.

Seems very stable and durable. No issues with breakage and we've had it several months.

It's an attractive design. It won't blend in with surroundings though, but it doesn't look cheap.

Safety
This SEEMS far safer than most space heaters. Some space heaters seem to overheat. That has never happened with this unit. Some heaters have visible hot wires - not so with this unit. I would feel comfortable napping with this unit on, and I can't say the same about other space heaters.

Powerful yet slim

Comments about Dyson Hot+Cool Fan Space Heater:

Although I have only had the AMO5 since November 2013 and have only had the need to use the heat function, I have to say that I am [pleasantly surprised at how well this unit performs.

I simply must give it a 10, due to the fact that it does what it is advertised to do, period.

The unit has very stylish and easy to use buttons on the unit itself, and a very slim and easy to use remote as well. Often times remotes will appear complicated with buttons all over, but this is so easy to operate, that my 85 year old father (who is NOT remote savvy) can use it.

Again, seeing as the unit is relatively new, and has not been put through it's paces yet, I cannot give it a 10, but a very high 9!

I purchased the unit in White/silver and it is like a piece of object de' art in the bedroom where it is being used this winter. Sleek and stylish.

Safety
Since I do not have small children at home, this is not a concern, but I do have cats and they have not been affected at all by the unit. It does get warm, but never hot.

• Safety:

The next level of heating

Comments about Dyson Hot+Cool Fan Space Heater:

This is an excellent hot/cool unit that is safe for the whole family.

This unit give a power source of heat in the winter. and coll air in the summer.

simple on off with a remote control

Safety
This is the most safe heater on the market. It has an auto shut-off if it falls.over. safe for kids because it wont burn your had if you touch it.

I love it!

Comments about Dyson Hot+Cool Fan Space Heater:

I have always been reluctant to try space heaters, because I had heard they were noisy and smelled bad from dust burning, and were a fire hazard. I needed a cheaper alternative to high baseboard heating costs. I was nervous about the price but I believe it will pay itself off, as my bills are already much lower. I'm considering buying a second one for my upstairs. It doesn't make more sound than a fan would make. It heats efficiently. It's safe. There is no open heat source, I'm actually perplexed by how it works. It doesn't get hot, and you can't burn yourself by touching it. It doesn't smell like anything is hot. It even has a handy remote control, which can neatly sit on top of the heater, so you don't lose it when you don't need it. It is much smaller than I was expecting... It won't heat my whole downstairs. It's just a table top heater. But it does a wonderful job at heating a particular room. It keeps my living room at the perfect temp, and my bills are much lower. =)

• Safety:

Tabletop fan and heater. Fantastic!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Dyson Hot+Cool Fan Space Heater:

Has no fan/heater blades but is able to cool off an entire 15x20 foot room in under an
hour. The heater aspect is also amazing. Unit can be placed on a table, chair, counter. It is energy efficient, safe for use in households with young children and pets.

Quiet, smooth

extremely easy to assemble and operate if simple instructions are followed.

Just received, jury still out.

Different, interesting. Small footprint, tower-type design.

Safety
If falls/tips over, turns off automatically. There are NO fan blades of any kind.
Maintains constant temperature.

• Safety:

I feel safer using this model.

from Portland, OR

Comments about Dyson Hot+Cool Fan Space Heater:

I tried this because I have the fan similar to this. I often fear the use of space heaters. But the dyson so far has met my expectations. I feel this is safer to use in my house as I have two dogs and two little children. In do not have that fear of my kids getting burned, the dog unknowingly getting to close to space heater and catching his fur or falling asleep with it on and the fear of it tipping over. It is a very sturdy product. As far as, heating of my space I love it I can put it in the hall or a bedroom and I can feel it throughout level of the house. The design is a little bulky but fits well on an end table or on a flat safe surface.

Not worth the money

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about Dyson Hot+Cool Fan Space Heater:

I had such high hopes for this product. I absolutely love the Dyson vacuum and thought that this would be excellent also. But this is really overpriced and does not deliver any warmth. I had it turned up to the highest temperature and it just barely was warm, even standing right in front of it. The fan probably would work well. I did love the design and the fact that it would be easy to clean. But the fact that it didn't heat very well was a major disappointment.