Other Vacuums:

Dyson DC40 Bagless Upright Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Fabulous and easy clean up thanks to bag less technology!

I absolutely love this product!! It is lightweight, Bag less and Smooth steering-everything it promises to be. I can also clean ceiling and high-reach areas by using the telescope reach wand.Read complete review

Since this product is bag less, there is a transparent dust bin located somewhere at the middle of the machine. I always check the see-through dust bin after every use and if there is a need to empty the bin, I can easily press the button near the handle to release dirt and dust. It is THAT easy! No mess and Yes, very hygienic! In addition to that, this product is certified to be asthma friendly. Helps a lot when you have someone old and asthma prone! I clean the HEPA filter every month as per the instructions; all you need to do is rinse it with cold water. I came to know that this product works on Radical root cyclone technology; Basically, the Radical Root Cyclone technology is more advanced than the conventional technologies as it improves flow efficiency and enables more dirt, dust, allergens and pet hair to be extracted. Love, love, love this product! Highly recommended!

Ok but not great

i have to say that I have recently purchased this Dyson Bagless upright Vacuum and have found in my opinion that it is most certainly not worth the money I paid for it. I kept hearing a lot of good things about Dyson so i decided to spend a little extra money to get a really good vacuum. Well guess what? I had only used it three different times before it stopped sucking up. I clear out what little I had vacuumed up and it still would not start back suctioning anything up. I can say that the first two times I used it that it was magnificent but the third time and it already was giving me headaches. This vacuum just like all other Dyson vacuums is very expensive but it is certainly not worth the money i paid for it. It does have a few good features like it has a swivel part that suctions up so it can get under small cracks and it turns any way you need it to go. It is lightweight so it is very easy to maneuver when vacuuming. The design is top notch. It really is a nice looking vacuum and it come in many cool colors. I am not so sure about the durability. I have finally got it working again and hope that it does better this time around. I would not really recommend this vacuum to anyone.

Versatility
It is good because you can maneuver around and also it has a setting for carpet and a setting for hard floor.

Its a very nice looking vacuum and very up to date in the colors they offer.

Easy use to use, but expensive.

from Florida

Comments about Dyson DC40 Bagless Upright Vacuum:

Dyson has been around for as long as I can remember and have often been rediculed for how expensive they are. While I agree the price I paid for my Dyson DC40 does seem a little high, it's a very very nice vacuum.

The big appeal to Dyson is how easy they are to maneuver. I love the design of this vacuu. and that something as simple as a ball makes it so easy to use. I also love the colors. Even though it has nothing to do with how it works, it is part of the design.

The vacuum is strong, it cleans up all kinds of carpet and I have been known to use it to vacuum the tile and hardwood floors. It's also really quiet for a vacuum as powerful as it is.

Another big plus to this vacuum i. how durable it is. It's one of the most durable vacuum cleaners that I have used. It's gotten accidentally knocked down the stairs a couple times and has come out unscathed.

If You are looking for a good vacuum and don't mind making a little bit of an investment then this is the one for you!

• Versatility:

Great for Everyday Vacuuming!

I love love LOVE
this vacuum! I have spent several years and experienced so many different brands of vacuums and also countless bag changes. The Dyson Bagless vacuum has solved all of those problems and save me so much time. I use this vacuum every day and with a click and a pull. I'm able to dump the dust and dirt out from the vacuum, right after each use. It swivels nicely into small corners and under furniture I like the sleek design and I can fit it right into my closet when I'm done. I would recommend this vacuum to anyone tired of bending your back for those bag changes.

Ease of Maintenance
Being able to pop the dirt and dust cup out after every use, makes using this vacuum easy and saves time in the long run.

The sleek design and orange color is really cute and different from most plain vacuums I have had in the past.

The Dyson brand is a brand that I know I can trust. We'll be able to use this vacuum for years to come without having to worry about purchasing another vacuum.

Ok but not great

from Ellerslie GA

Versatility

Its a very nice looking vacuum and very up to date in the colors they offer.

Updated Dyson model.

Comments about Dyson DC40 Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I owned the original Dyson, and when it gave up on me (nearly 11 years of ownership), I decided to spend another hefty amount on the newer model. Although it is an expensive piece of equipment, this vacuum is hands down better than any other brand you will buy on the market today.

The bagless system is a blessing. No dust flying everywhere, no need to throw out dust and dirt, and simple to remove canister, allows you to eliminate dust and debris getting all over the place, each time you vacuum. The cyclonic action is something you can't find in other vacuums either. You can clearly see how quickly and how powerful the system is, by the suction and how fast it spins in the canister once it is collected. The vacuum also has a handheld wand that is easy to use around tight corners.

Yes, this vacuum is pricier than older models, and traditional bagged vacuums. But, the power, the suction, the germ elimination (no bags), and powerful cyclonic action, are all worth the extra price you will pay for a Dyson.

My first model lasted nearly eleven years.

Love this Product

from reading pa

Comments about Dyson DC40 Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I went from having a cheap bag vacuum to this and what a difference it made! I love that this vacuum is bagless, I don't need to buy bags for it as well as it is easy to dump all the dirt out of the canister. The Ball of the vacuum makes it easy to navigate on the floor. My favorite part of this vacuum is that it for multi types of floors. We have hardwood floors throughout our house with area rugs. I am glad I don't need to switch vacuums for the different types of flooring. It is gentle on the hardwood yet really gets the carpet clean. The suction on the vacuum is outstanding, when I first used it I was amazed at how my other vacuum was really not getting the floors clean.

Maneuverability
The ball really allows it to maneuver easily. The one downfall to the ball is that when I do have to pick it up for up the steps or to move it I do find it to be more heavy than other previous vacuums I have had.

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy to empty the canister of dirt.

Suction Performance
I never realized how bad other suction was on vacuums. This vacuum suctions up small and large pieces of dirt I didn't even see. You can hear the results.

Versatility
I love the fact that I can go right from my hardwood floors to the carpet and back. I don't need to switch modes or anything, the highest mode is gentle enough on my hardwood.

Very sleek design and has great features all in ones place.

With two small children this vacuum has made it through some of the dirtiest messes.

• Versatility:

I loved this vacuum but it loses suction quickly.

from West Virginia

Comments about Dyson DC40 Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I absolutely love this little vacuum but one of my qualms is that after about fifteen or twenty minutes of continuous vacuuming, it needs cleaned out to restore full suction. I do like that it is small and has strong power and suction--it can pick up anything smaller than a tennis ball with ease, but I wish the power would last and I wouldn't have to keep cleaning out the vacuum cleaner.

Maneuverability
It is quite small and the head of the vacuum rotates and maneuvers nicely. It gets where I need it to and I have no issues moving this around my furniture.

Ease of Maintenance
It is easy to use, however, that being said it does lose power after a half hour or so and I have to keep cleaning it out to keep its strength.

Suction Performance
It has great suction but unless I keep cleaning it, it loses suction after a while and I have to clean it out to get my power back.

Versatility
It moves around easily on carpet, vinyl, and laminate.

I love how easy this moves around corners and edges.

The durability so far has been fine. I've not had any issues other than cleaning it out frequently to keep full power.

• Versatility:

I'm in love with this vacuum!

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about Dyson DC40 Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I never thought I would say I enjoy vacuuming in my life, but now I honestly do! I recently purchased the Dyson Upright Bagless for my own home after starting a new job a few months ago where they have one. I am a server at a pretty upscale restaurant and part of our every day side work is cleaning up the area that we had our tables in. Our floors there are carpeted so the broom and dust pan don't do the job at all. After being on my feet for over 8 hours running back and forth throughout the restaurant, the last thing I want to do (normally) is vacuum. However, I actually feel like I'm getting a break when I vacuum using the Dyson because it's so lightweight and easy to maneuver. Also, no bag means no mess. Now I can catch a "break" at home too! It's wonderful! Also, I love that it's hypoallergenic because 2 of my 3 kids have dust and dander allergies and this vacuum does not throw them into a sneezing fit or leave them coughing with watering eyes and runny noses. It's amazing!

Maneuverability
Getting underneath things, around corners and in cracks and high and hard to reach spots is a cinch now. It feels like the Dyson just sort of "molds" into the areas I'm trying to reach and it doesn't leave a single piece of dirt behind. The ball feature makes maneuvering super easy.

Ease of Maintenance
I have had several bagless vacuums prior to this one and they still were a pain to take apart and clean. Sometimes I had rathered had the bags I think. Releasing and taking out the cartridge is super easy and the filters are easy to clean by just running them under some hot water. I haven't had the Dyson get clogged or caught up with any loose fibers or anything thus far so that is also a huge plus.

Suction Performance
I've never had a vacuum pick up as much and such a variety of dirt and debris. Not to mention the suction is equally as great on hardwood floors as it is on carpets and the high reach wand grabs every bit of dust from all of those hard to reach places with one sweep over the area. I have picked up big chunks of broken glass with the one at work and it runs over it as smooth as if it was picking up a straw paper. Very quiet as well.

Versatility
Very versatile in my opinion. Easy to switch between hard surfaces to carpeted floors and then easy to switch from the floor suctioning to the wand option. Has the perfect spot to grip it at to carry around which just adds to the lightweight feature.

The color scheme is attractive as well as the sleek upright design. It looks like a vacuum that has it all, and it does!

The one thing I love most about the Dyson DC40 is that it is super lightweight which does wonders with my chronic back pain. However, it can take on the roughest cleanings and still keeps going strong. Don't let the dainty look and weight of this vacuum fool you; it's a beast!

Dyson rocks!

Comments about Dyson DC40 Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I have had this vacuum for years and it's still in use. I will always trust Dyson from now on because this vacuum makes cleaning so much easier. Usually vacuums stop working well after a few years, but this vacuum is still going strong! It may be hard to reach in some places due to the large head of the vacuum, but it's able to bend and stretch more than the average vacuum. With one swipe of this vacuum, I am able to see a difference in the floors of my house. The suction power is amazing and gets every last bit of dirt and grime. I can't express how amazing this vacuum is. All I know is everyone should get a Dyson for themselves sooner or later. You won't regret it.

Maneuverability
Easy to maneuver as well as to switch from vacumming to suctioning.

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy to repair and assemble

Suction Performance
It can suck almost anything from a distance. I would warn you that it can suck stuff you don't want to clean like nail polishes, small toys, etc. But for cleaning, it gets all the dirt and grime from even the toughest places.

Versatility
VERY versatile. This vacuum is like the only major cleaning household item you need. It easily transitions from vacuum to suction to anything else that comes with the vacuum.

The design is AMAZING. You can literally see how much dirt and grime you have picked up due to the clear design and it's design makes it easy to store as well as to clean. Its design is top notch and unique.

The Dyson vacuum is able to withstand a majority of things, such as kids messing around with it, or having objects fall on it. Even after years of use, the quality has not gone down even with some scratches and mild damage to the exterior.

• Versatility:

Makes cleaning your basement a breeze

Comments about Dyson DC40 Bagless Upright Vacuum:

When we turned my basement into a den we needed a new vacuum to take care of the eventual mess. This vacuum is a dream come true for this type of job. It not only handles the carpeted areas but the wood panel areas and the cement floor as well. And it does a fantastic job on all three. The suction is fantastic and so is the feel of this vacuum in my hands.

Maneuverability
This vacuum goes around corners well and also maneuvers on every surface with out much effort.

Ease of Maintenance
One of the main benefits of the bag less vacuum is how easy it is to empty and to keep in a fantastic working manor.

Suction Performance
I have no complaints. the suction on this vacuum is top notch and it is able to handle any mess that we have in our basement.

Versatility
No matter the surface this vacuum will travel nicely on it and the attachments make dusting a breeze as well.

Light weight beautiful color the perfect height and a grip that fits nicely in my hands I would say the design is top notch.

It handles every mess that comes our way and foes it with out any malfunctioning at all. very durable and just a fantastic machine.

• Versatility:

What was I doing before dyson

from Washington, DC

Comments about Dyson DC40 Bagless Upright Vacuum:

It is actually enjoyable and so satisfying these days to vacuum. It is amazing how much dust, dirt I pick up each time I use my dyson-and I consider myself a very tidy person. I have had this for about two years now and it works like day one. Love that there are no bags to clean, only filters to clean after there months. I do get a bit disgusted having to empty the canister into a trash bag. I worry about dust in the air but try to contain it all in a small bag first. The canister can get dusty so need to take it apart and wash it out as well as filters to keep up the performances. It maneuvers very well around furniture. I like using hose and attachments but wish it was longer and more flexible. Happy with the size and weight of this machine and fell like it was a great investment. Any other cheaper machine would probably not last as long. Also, I don't have pets but I think this would be powerful enough for pet hairs.