Other Vacuums:
Dyson
Models:
DC40 Multi floor, DC40 Origin

Dyson DC40 Bagless Upright Vacuum

Pros

• Powerful/good suction (6)
  • Efficient (5)
  • Easy to empty (4)
  • Easy to use (4)
  • Lightweight (3)

Cons

• Heavy (3)

• Carpet (5)
  • Hardwood floors (4)
  • Pet hair (4)
  • Stairs (3)
  • Tile floors (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (4)
    • Personal (5)

Fabulous and easy clean up thanks to bag less technology!

I absolutely love this product!! It is lightweight, Bag less and Smooth steering-everything it promises to be. I can also clean ceiling and high-reach areas by using the telescope reach wand.Read complete review

Since this product is bag less, there is a transparent dust bin located somewhere at the middle of the machine. I always check the see-through dust bin after every use and if there is a need to empty the bin, I can easily press the button near the handle to release dirt and dust. It is THAT easy! No mess and Yes, very hygienic! In addition to that, this product is certified to be asthma friendly. Helps a lot when you have someone old and asthma prone! I clean the HEPA filter every month as per the instructions; all you need to do is rinse it with cold water. I came to know that this product works on Radical root cyclone technology; Basically, the Radical Root Cyclone technology is more advanced than the conventional technologies as it improves flow efficiency and enables more dirt, dust, allergens and pet hair to be extracted. Love, love, love this product! Highly recommended!

Ok but not great

i have to say that I have recently purchased this Dyson Bagless upright Vacuum and have found in my opinion that it is most certainly not worth the money I paid for it. I kept hearing a lot of good things about Dyson so i decided to spend a little extra money to get a really good vacuum. Well guess what? I had only used it three different times before it stopped sucking up. I clear out what little I had vacuumed up and it still would not start back suctioning anything up. I can say that the first two times I used it that it was magnificent but the third time and it already was giving me headaches. This vacuum just like all other Dyson vacuums is very expensive but it is certainly not worth the money i paid for it. It does have a few good features like it has a swivel part that suctions up so it can get under small cracks and it turns any way you need it to go. It is lightweight so it is very easy to maneuver when vacuuming. The design is top notch. It really is a nice looking vacuum and it come in many cool colors. I am not so sure about the durability. I have finally got it working again and hope that it does better this time around. I would not really recommend this vacuum to anyone.

Versatility
It is good because you can maneuver around and also it has a setting for carpet and a setting for hard floor.

Its a very nice looking vacuum and very up to date in the colors they offer.

Love love love

from Kentucky

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Long Power Cord
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Heavy
  • Noisy

Comments about Dyson DC40 Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I do not own one but have used it in the past at families homes. Amazing vacuum cleaner! I would love to have one.

Love My Vacuum

from bradybunch

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about Dyson DC40 Bagless Upright Vacuum:

Dyson is the vacuum to have. I use this vacuum for my upstairs rooms which are all hardwood floors, tile floors and area rugs. The Dyson does an amazing job on keeping my floors clean. With just one vacuum through the room it puts up all the dust and crumbs. The telescoping wand allows me to reach up and clean the blades on the ceiling fans and of course the dust bunnies. The wand also allows me to reach under the bed and gather up all the dust bunnies. Although the vacuum is a little heavy to carry up and down the stairs, it is still worth the purchase. I also purchased this model for my Florida house since I love it so much and one as a gift for my son. I have been using this vacuum for about three years and it still runs like a charm. This is the most durable vacuum I have ever owned. My vacuum gets lot of use and the kids have vacuumed legos, coins, and anything else on the floor and the vacuum is still going strong. I recommend the vacuum.

Tried it and loved it!

from FL

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Dyson DC40 Bagless Upright Vacuum:

This vaccumm was incredible! Lightweight and easy to use. I️ can't wait to purchase my own as it does have a hefty price tag!

• Personal

I would definitely buy a Dyson again

from Sanford NC

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
    • Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Long Power Cord
    • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about Dyson DC40 Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I absolutely love my Dyson, I have had one for many years, my husband bought it for me for my birthday 1 year, I was a little disappointed about getting a vaccuum for my birthday but when I started using it I was so HAPPY. Such good suction, I will say its a little heavy but it does a great job on all my floors and rugs.

from lebanon

About Me Professional Cleaner

Pros

• Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Short Power Cord

Comments about Dyson DC40 Bagless Upright Vacuum:

It is excellent and is suitable for all types carpets and wooden land and is very useful for the home and car and everywhere cars to homes for and for the animals is actually and I tried it my myself and a witness that this product is very amazingly easy to use and is excellent, and it contains a bug full features cleanup and the shape of a very Ria saves in a small place and does not need neither a big place I would advise everyone my purchase of this product unique, and it offers all the appropriate services of the house they could possibly use in shops and cars and houses and hotels is a very effective product can product that cleans whatever place in water and dust and clean up whatever Shi's available because the Asrah not Taatrddo this product is stunning and will Ivhlkm he's very cool product

Very light.

from Countryside, IL

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Efficient
    • Lightweight
    • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• paper gets stock

Comments about Dyson DC40 Bagless Upright Vacuum:

Very easy to use, paper gets stuck very easy but easy to fix.

• Business

Easy use to use, but expensive.

from Florida

Comments about Dyson DC40 Bagless Upright Vacuum:

Dyson has been around for as long as I can remember and have often been rediculed for how expensive they are. While I agree the price I paid for my Dyson DC40 does seem a little high, it's a very very nice vacuum.

The big appeal to Dyson is how easy they are to maneuver. I love the design of this vacuu. and that something as simple as a ball makes it so easy to use. I also love the colors. Even though it has nothing to do with how it works, it is part of the design.

The vacuum is strong, it cleans up all kinds of carpet and I have been known to use it to vacuum the tile and hardwood floors. It's also really quiet for a vacuum as powerful as it is.

Another big plus to this vacuum i. how durable it is. It's one of the most durable vacuum cleaners that I have used. It's gotten accidentally knocked down the stairs a couple times and has come out unscathed.

If You are looking for a good vacuum and don't mind making a little bit of an investment then this is the one for you!

• Versatility:

Great for Everyday Vacuuming!

from Philadelphia, PA

I love love LOVE
    this vacuum! I have spent several years and experienced so many different brands of vacuums and also countless bag changes. The Dyson Bagless vacuum has solved all of those problems and save me so much time. I use this vacuum every day and with a click and a pull. I'm able to dump the dust and dirt out from the vacuum, right after each use. It swivels nicely into small corners and under furniture I like the sleek design and I can fit it right into my closet when I'm done. I would recommend this vacuum to anyone tired of bending your back for those bag changes.

Ease of Maintenance
    Being able to pop the dirt and dust cup out after every use, makes using this vacuum easy and saves time in the long run.

The sleek design and orange color is really cute and different from most plain vacuums I have had in the past.

The Dyson brand is a brand that I know I can trust. We'll be able to use this vacuum for years to come without having to worry about purchasing another vacuum.

Ok but not great

from Ellerslie GA

Versatility

Its a very nice looking vacuum and very up to date in the colors they offer.

Updated Dyson model.

Comments about Dyson DC40 Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I owned the original Dyson, and when it gave up on me (nearly 11 years of ownership), I decided to spend another hefty amount on the newer model. Although it is an expensive piece of equipment, this vacuum is hands down better than any other brand you will buy on the market today.

The bagless system is a blessing. No dust flying everywhere, no need to throw out dust and dirt, and simple to remove canister, allows you to eliminate dust and debris getting all over the place, each time you vacuum. The cyclonic action is something you can't find in other vacuums either. You can clearly see how quickly and how powerful the system is, by the suction and how fast it spins in the canister once it is collected. The vacuum also has a handheld wand that is easy to use around tight corners.

Yes, this vacuum is pricier than older models, and traditional bagged vacuums. But, the power, the suction, the germ elimination (no bags), and powerful cyclonic action, are all worth the extra price you will pay for a Dyson.

My first model lasted nearly eleven years.