Other Vacuums:

Dyson DC24 Ball All-Floors Vacuum

Pros

Cons

THIS VACCUM TOTALLY SUCKS

...and I mean that in a good way!!! I wanted to purchase this item, because I have seen it so much on television, I thought I would give that guy a chance. I have owned vacuums before, and they always stop working, they loose their suction and before you know it, they don't pick up anything. It picks up baby powder, sand, crushed up crackers, cat hair, you name it, it gets it. I have long hair and I am use to taking vacuums apart, to get my hair off the brushes. This vacuum has a great feature, where if it gets loaded with hair or string, the brushes shut off. I usually spend a good 1/2 hour taking the vacuum apart to get the hair or string out, not with this one, there is a lever on the side that you turn and then the whole brush comes out, pull the hair out and put it back in. I was shocked that I didn't have to get the screwdriver out and spend a lot of time on this. I have to empty out the canister a lot, but it is because it works so well, I am getting everything that my old vacuums did not get. Once I get everything off the floor that they left behind, I should not have to empty so much. I love this vacuum, I would recommed it to everyone, because it is light, easy to move around, and sucks like no other vacuum I have ever had!!!

Worst investment ever!

We had heard wonderful and glowing things about dyson vacuums and decided once we moved into a new house with much more carpet that we would give one of them a try. We bought the dyson ball at Best buy after doing a little research but mostly going on what we had heard from other people. We used it ONCE, just once to try it out when we got it and it made this terrible screaming noise and wasn't picking up anything. After returning it to the store and getting another one we used it TWICE before the same thing happened again. This time we called dyson and they had us send it to them, it didn't cost anything but took 4 weeks for them to repair it and send it back. In the meantime we went out and bought a different vacuume, you can't have two young boys and go a month without one. It came back and was picking things up just fine, they gave us a TON of instructions on all the little things to check if it stopped picking things up again. BUT it still makes the annoying high pitch screaming noise. GRRR

Awesome vacuum that is well designed

Comments about Dyson DC24 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

The Dyson DC24 has all the power of a full sized Dyson, but in a more compact size and at a lower cost. It has a suction rating on par with vacuums that cost up to 3 times as much.

Maneuverability
The ball design is not only attractive but allows this vacuum to easily move in any direction you would need it to. The only minor issue is that the vacuum is tall enough, even when leaned back, that it will not fit under most chairs, you will need to move them to vacuum those areas; but honestly, to vacuum properly they would need to be moved anyway.

Ease of Maintenance
The vacuum is well thought out and designed so that emptying the dust bin, cleaning it and the filters is easy. The vacuum has on board storage for the cord and the detachable hand tool.

Suction Performance
The claim that it never loses suction is not just a catch phrase, but has proven to be true in my experience.

Versatility
The DCD24 vacuums floors of all types exceptionally well. It also has a secondary feature as a hose vacuum, with the included hand tool, but it can be a little awkward to use. It works well for under counters, along walls or low places that would otherwise be inaccessible, but for taller objects it becomes more awkward as the hose is a bit short. It will work, though you may have to hold the main unit like a canister vacuum to do so.

For it's main purpose as a floor vacuum, the design is excellent. I love the on board storage for the cord and hand tool. Taking off the dust bin and emptying it is easy. Likewise, removing the filters and cleaning them is easy as well.

I have had my DC24 for more than 5 years with no issues.

Best vacuum I've owned

Comments about Dyson DC24 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

This vacuum has more than exceeded my expectations. Vacuuming used to be one of my most dreaded chores and now, I actually find myself enjoying it. Every time I use it, I can't believe how much dirt it picks up. It is so easy to empty. The only thing that I don't like doing is having to thoroughly clean the various filters, but it's not too bad once you get used to it.

Maneuverability
The ball design is great and makes for easy maneuvering around house. Although there are lighter vacuums, I don't mind because it glides so easily.

Ease of Maintenance
It is important to keep up with cleaning the filters in order to maintain the strongest suction power. It is fairly intuitive to figure out how to clean them but I needed to refer to the manual a few times to make sure I was cleaning everything correctly.

Suction Performance
This is the most powerful vacuum I've ever used. I can't believe how much it picks up every time I use it.

The design is very functional. It's easy to use and empty.

I have been using for about 3 years and it is working just as well as when I first got it.

Vacuum Love

Comments about Dyson DC24 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

This has made my life so much easier. It works well even though I have a dog it sucks the hair up with no problems. I will only be buying Dyson vacuums from here on out. It actually makes vacuuming sorta fun.

Maneuverability
The ball allows you to work around all the furniture and get close up to everything. It also comes in handy when my dog wants to run around while I'm vacuuming so I can easily miss vacuuming him up.

Ease of Maintenance
Empty the bin is so easy. I wipe mine out with clorox wipes to clean it up. Washing the filter is so easy to do and isn't time consuming.

Suction Performance
I use this on carpet and vinyl floors. I have no issues going from one to the other. I do opt to turn off the brushes on the vinyl so I don't scratch them but it works like a charm.

Versatility
I actually do a lot of dusting with my vacuum since it has such a long easy reach hose. I suck down the spider webs that pop up in the corners at the ceilings. I clean my mini blinds with these my baseboard heaters and my baseboards all without bending over. I even bought the dog brush attachment so I could vacuum my dog's hair off him before it hit the ground.

It has a great design. I'm short so I've learned some things aren't designed well for shorter people but this works well for me and my husband who's a foot taller then me. So a lot went into figuring out all the little things.

I have been using this vacuum for 3 years. Two of those years include sucking up lots of dog hair and even using it to brush my dog. The vacuum hasn't had any issues yet and I highly doubt it will.

Dyson Ball All Floor Vaccum

Comments about Dyson DC24 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

I purchased this Vacuum on sale about six months ago and I have been absolutely pleased with it since. It has wonderful suction and is very easy to clean. It is by far the best vacuum that I have ever purchased. I have two kids and a cat and this vacuum easily cleans up all of the messes they make and works on all floor types. It is also very easy to use and my four year old can use it well.

Maneuverability
The ball makes this vacuum very easy to steer and to maneuver. It also fits under furniture well and is light weight.

Ease of Maintenance
The vacuum is very easy to clean, the container pops right off and empties easily. The filter has to be cleaned every three months but that isn't hard to do at all.

Suction Performance
There isn't one thing I have found that this vacuum wont suck up. It has a very strong suction in both the wand and normal vacuum part.

Versatility
It easy goes from one floor type to another and works as well on hardwood as carpet.

The dyson was designed well and I love the maneuverability of the ball.

So far it has held up really well, it seems like it is very sturdy and will last a long time.

• Versatility:

Best Vacuum I have ever owned!

Comments about Dyson DC24 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

I purchased this vacuum almost 2 years ago and have been very pleased. It does an excellent job cleaning both carpet and hardwood floors. I also have 2 cats and a dog and it does a good job of cleaning up stray pet hair. Overall, I would highly recommend this vacuum.

In love with my Dyson!

Comments about Dyson DC24 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

I received my Dyson DC24 Ball All-Floors Vacuum as a gift at my wedding shower and I am so happy that I did! My life hasn't been the same since! I have four different types of flooring at my house that include carpet, tile, wood, and laminate, and this vacuum tackles every single one of those surfaces. I have even quit using my swiffer floor dusters because all I have to do is run my vacuum across the floor now and it is ready to be mopped. No sweeping any more of any kind! I love that it is so lightweight and hugs the walls so I never miss a crumb or a dog hair! It is so simple to maneuver and it fits between the smallest spaces! I feel like I'm in command when I am vacuuming, and I love watching my bag less dumpster fill up while I'm vacuuming. It lets me know that my vacuum is picking it all up! It has been simple to clean with the exception of the filter right inside the dumpster. Sometimes I have to stick a screwdriver up in there to scrape the dust and dirt off the outside of the filter, but nothing that doesn't clean up quickly. The suction on the vacuum itself is amazing, however the suction on the wand isn't so great once it is extended. I don't extend mine anymore but the wand work great if it isn't extended. My Dyson is also very durable and can even withstand being used by my husband, who seems to think you can vacuum up anything!

• Versatility:

This is my favorite vacuum ever.

from Osage Beach, MO

Comments about Dyson DC24 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

Really like my Dyson vacuum cleaner as well as any I have ever had and I have had a few different brands.

Ease of Maintenance
This vacuum is very easy to remove the dirt from the canister. A simple button to push and lift out canister and hold over trash can or trash bag and them when empty just click the cover back on. Very simple!

Suction Performance
I don't have to keep going over the carpet to pick up debris...it does it right the first time.

Versatility
I like having all the attachments right there on the vacuum and they are very easy to change from floor vac to attachments for curtains or furniture.

Love the color and the design of the vacuum and even though it is a powerful cleaner it is not so heavy that I cannot manage it, although I liked the brand so much I bought a Dyson for upstairs and also downstairs!

I have had my original one for several years and liked it so much I bought another one for the downstairs to just have one available at all times.

• Versatility:

Good quality, worth the money

Comments about Dyson DC24 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

This vacuum is definitely worth the money as long as you keep it maintained. For the price, you get a long lasting vacuum that does have good suction and the ball design is a great help for quick, thorough cleaning. It is much easier to maneuver, particularly around furniture. If the kids don't pick up as well as expected, it is perfect for just rolling around their toys too! As far as suction goes, I would say it as good as older dyson models but only equal to some less expensive brands. There are at least two lower priced models that seem to have as much, if not more, suction power than any dyson I have used. That being said, it does the job and much better if regular cleaning and maintenance is performed on the vacuum. I seemed to spend more time cleaning the filters with this model than others, but perhaps that is environmental and not the vacuum's fault. I don't think the cleaning of hardwood floors is actually better than other vacuums that do not specifically claim to do hard floors but it certainly does the job. Probably the biggest plus for this vacuum is the dyson name and durability. The ball is an added bonus, but not necessarily the best feature of this vacuum. Overall I think this is a really good product but for the average home with kids and pets you could spend much less and get better hepa air filters and about the same quality cleaning ability.

• Versatility:

The best small vacuum around

Comments about Dyson DC24 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

This vacuum is so helpful. It's lightweight and powerful. The only reason why I don't give it a 5 is the canister that traps the dirty is a bit difficult to empty. It creates a little bit of a mess if you don't do it just right. The size of the vacuum makes it very easy to clean hard to reach areas with ease. It allows me to clean the high ceilings as well as any pet hair floating around.

The amount of dirty this machine can extract from my carpet amazes me every time I use it. It gives my carpets a freshly cleaned feel.

The price for this vacuum is more than I would like to pay, but you sure get your moneys worth.

The vacuum is very easy to maintain. It's not difficult to remove the parts necessary to do a routine cleaning. There are two filters inside the machine that are very easy to access. The fact that I can clean the filters, without having to buy new ones, makes me content with paying a little more for this machine. Heck, you already save on never having to buy bags.

This Product is Amazing!

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Dyson DC24 Ball All-Floors Vacuum:

I loved its slick design.
It's suction was great while doing the stairs and couches as well as the floors, it was nice to be able to see what I was sucking up!
I liked how it seems to glide across the floor, it made the job cleaning seem like play time.
To maintain it is easy, I suggest to check the bottom of the vacuum at least once a week to keep it free from hair, strings, etc.
The durability of this product is great, it can hold it's own I feel against the competitors.

I consider this one of my favorites.

Maneuverability
It is on the heavy side if you are trying to carry it up or down stairs.