Other Vacuums:
12009-01
Dyson DC18 Slim All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum

Dyson DC18 Slim All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum

BEST VACUUM EVER

I was able to get the Dyson Slim 18 at a great price by using my points I accumulate from different programs. I was using a Miele vacuum at the time that uses bags. The Miele was a great canister vacuum and I thought I wanted to get another canister in addition to the Miele. The Miele was much more expensive than the Dyson. I liked the idea that the Dyson did not require replacing bags so I started looking at these and doing research to see which one would fit my needs. I initially was looking at the Dyson canister but decide to try this one since it is slim and lightweight. I was wondering what all the hype was about how these work and now I understand why there was such high praise on really any Dyson you would buy. This Dyson is spectacular to say the least. I first used my Miele to vacuum. It did a pretty good job so I thought. Then I went behind and used the Dyson. I could not believe how much was picked up after the Miele. It was incredible. I was sold at that point. I like the idea that you do not have to get any bags. The dirt and other items that are picked up from the vacuum are placed in the clear canister like compartment. This allows you to be able to see how much you are picking up. In order to empty it, you just hold down the lever and press it and then the items are released. I usually will take a bag and let the items drop in the bag and then put it in the garbage. This prevents the dirt from getting all over the place. I am extremely pleased with this product. The warranty is for 5 years. I think that this works better than any other vacuum on the market. Try it, you might like it just as much as I do.

This Dyson Vacuum is good

I like the size of this dyson vaccum cleaner because it fits conveniently into my hall closet.  It is light enough so that my back is hurting by the time I finish vacuuming my entire house.  This vacuum works well on all floor types.  It also came with a few attachments to help do the woodwork, vents and furniture in my home.  I like that it's bagless which saves money on buying bags.  It's easy to clean out the dirt container without too much effort or mess.  The only thing I don't like about it is that it does not fit under low surfaces such as furniture or under cabinets.  I have to pull off the hose attachments to get those areas clean.  This is not a difficult process but it is a pain to pull out the hose in each room as I go around the house from room to room cleaning.  I've had this vacuum for about 5 years and had to have it repaired one time this past year.  The original price wasn't too bad either.

Not worth the money

from Dover, FL

Comments about Dyson DC18 Slim All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

No better or worse than other vacums. Definately not worth the very large price tag. The power button is on the top front right under button to release wand, this cause you to turn off vacum accidently while taking wand on or off. Not that great at getting up pet hair.

Maneuverability
Moves good on both carpet and bare floors.

Ease of Maintenance
Have to clean out bagless canister every so often but pretty easy. Regular vacum maintenance.

Suction Performance
Its pretty good on most things but pet hair is an issue. Gets clogged up easily.

Versatility
Normal vacum use.

The power and wand release button should be moved. They are right over each other and causes problems.

Pretty durable, no problems with that yet.

• Maneuverability:
  • Ease of Maintenance:
  • Suction Performance:
  • Versatility:

Dyson truly is the best!

from Syracuse, NY

Comments about Dyson DC18 Slim All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

What for a sale but get one and you will not be disappointed

Maneuverability
My dyson is so lightweight but powerful. I got the ball type dyson and it turns on a dime.

Ease of Maintenance
I have had mine for over ten years now and I have not had to have it maintenenced once. I clean the filter as instructed and wash out the canister and that is it. Ten years later and it still has great suction power. I will never by anything but DYSON.

Suction Performance
Ten years and no loss of suction that I can tell.

Versatility
Dyson offers many styles and options so you can't go wrong. Read the reviews. Everyone that has one loves it.

Mine is a sport model on a ball and I have no complaints, just wish I had bought one sooner.

Ten years old and going strong.

• Maneuverability:
  • Ease of Maintenance:
  • Suction Performance:
  • Versatility:

The Dyson slim is light and easy to use.

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Dyson DC18 Slim All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

I have a Dyson slim. It is very lightweight and east to use. It handles very easily. I can use it on any kind of carpet without changing the height of the vacuum. It is a bagless vacuum so no dust will escape back into the air or back onto your carpet. It is easy to empty. Just push the button and the cannister comes off. Empty it right into your trash can. There are attachments that enable you to clean along the baseboards. You can also use the attachments for your furniturwe, curtains, or blinds.

Best Vacuum I have tried, well worth the price!

from Lynden, WA

Comments about Dyson DC18 Slim All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

I purchased the Dyson DC18 after just getting so tired of my lower cost vacuums that were very noisy and did not work very well. I did not expect to make this purchase because of the high price but at the store I was able to try several vacuums and this was the best by far. It is extremely easy to use and handles very well. I have both hardwood and carpet in my home and I love that it is able to switch the brush on and off at a touch of a button. It works great for picking up pet hair on both the hardware and carpet. I would definately recommend this vacuum to anyone.

BEST VACUUM EVER

from Dallas, GA

Comments about Dyson DC18 Slim All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

This Slim all-floor vacuum is awesum

from Riverside, CA

Comments about Dyson DC18 Slim All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

I have had several surgeries on both of my hands after a nasty fall at work, and my old Amway vacuum was much to heavy for me to manuver around my house. I saw the slim all-floor vacuum and with the light weight feature, I was sold!! Easier to manuver and if I have to lift it. it doesn't strain my wrists... love it!

This is the best vacuum ever

from Columbia, SC

Comments about Dyson DC18 Slim All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

I purchased this vacuum and I love it. It is lightweight, turns on a dime, bagless and it has great suction power. It picks up cat hair off throw rugs that others don't seem to touch. I've had many different brands of vacuums and I'll never buy another brand. Dyson rocks!

The Dyson DC18 is a powerhouse

from Saint Petersburg, FL

Comments about Dyson DC18 Slim All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

We bought a Dyson DC18 when we moved into our current home three and a half years ago. I winced at the cost but had read enough glowing reviews and heard enough positive feedback from friends and family that I really wanted a Dyson. Now that we've had it for 3 1/2 years, I'm convinced that it was well worth every penny.

We have three cats and a golden retriever in the house, 75% of the floors are tile and the other 25% is carpet, and the Dyson does remarkably well on both surfaces. With that much pet hair, I expected to see a decrease in the Dyson's effectiveness over time, just as we'd experienced with other vacuums, but it's still every bit as powerful and effective as it was on the day we bought it.

As a bonus, it's very easy to pull the entire vacuum cleaner apart for cleaning, the filters are very simple to remove and rinse, and the attachments are easy to attach and remove. The slim model is very maneuverable in tight spaces, and the swivel-ball design is pure genius. I can't imagine what I'd do without my Dyson.

Loving my Dyson DC 18

Comments about Dyson DC18 Slim All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

I am loving my Dyson DC 18 Slim All-Floor Vacuum. I think for awhile, I was going through two vacuums a year, because they just kept on losing suction power or just stopped working all together. Finally my husband bought me this vacuum cleaner a couple of years ago, and its still working great. We paid a little more for it, but it was well worth it. I have three young children and a cat, and the vacuum works great at keeping my carpets clean and it does not lose suction. The canister is also so easy to empty. I love the size of this vacuum too, because I do not have much closet space to spare and it takes up very little room. It is easy to maneuver too, and I can fit into tight places. The one negative would be the attachments. Most of the time I do not bother with them. I don't know what I would do without my Dyson, I probably would be still spending so much money on vacuums every year. I recommend this product to all my friends and family.

I love my Dyson

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Dyson DC18 Slim All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

After college, my husband and I were in search of a "grown up" vacuum.  We decided on the Dyson and could not be happier!  It is fun to use and very user friendly.  Emptying the dust collector is super easy and it maneuvers perfectly.  The only real downside is that my hair constantly gets caught in the bottom roller and it is not very easy to untangle.