Other Vacuums:

Dyson DC14 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Could not live without it!

I have owned this vacumm for about 2 years now and I love it!. I am not sure how I managed before :)

My husband and I were just starting...Read complete review

My husband and I were just starting to tear out oall of our carpets in the house to replace them with hardwood floors when our vacuum died. I needed a vacuum that would be able to clean up the staples, carpet debris, and dirt from under the carpeting and I needed it fast!

I found this vacuum and brought it home. It held up to all of the dirt and debris from our carpet removal and hardwood installation.

It is now the sole vacuum to pick up all of the dust bunnies, dog hair and all of the debris by two year old grandson can spread through my house.

I have never had a problem with this vacuum and I love that there are no bags to replace. I think that I have washed the filter once, and it still works just like it was bradn new.

If this vacuum ever dies, I will not hesitate to go buy another one. It truly os a dream.

Not as effective as others

A year and a half ago I purchased the dyson bagless upright cyclonic vacuum and believed it was what was needed for my daughter's small apartment.  I had heard good words about dyson products and have seen numerous advertisements on their products.  I certainly thought this product was what was needed.  However after a year of use the product began to lack suction and I was baffled as to why it was not working.  I cleaned out the roller broom well, I washed and dried the collection cylinder, took the machine apart at serveral points to no avail.  I tried to get a manual through dyson on the internet because of course my daughter could not find the one that came with the machine.  It was next to impossible to get around their website.  I typed in the product name and reference numbers I could find but still no luck.  Even looking for parts for the unit was difficult and I was not sure I even located the right ones.  After looking at the machine again I discovered that the hose which acts as the suction unit rather than direct such in the cylinder by the  brush was totally clogged.  I think this is due to the fact that the hose winds around in a semi-circle which doesn't allow a straight shot into the cyclinder.  I spend over and hour trying to unclog the hose.  It was not an easy task.  I would just like to say be careful when buying vacuums when the hose is not in a straight shot to the collection unit.  Things can get trapped and cause the vacuum to work inefficently.  I would be hesitant to recommend this particular unit to others.  Not the best experience I have had with vacuum cleaners.  I'm not sure how long it will work again.

Does it's job, very durable.

Comments about Dyson DC14 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

It is truly a vacuum that I see my self having for very many years to come. I have never had a problem with it. It was given to me as a gift and the people who had it before me never had a problem with it either.

Maneuverability
It can reach under small end tables and into short spaces, and it also has the hose incase the main part of the vacuum doesn't reach.

Ease of Maintenance
You pull the trigger and it releases all of the stuff trapped in the canister. Very easy, my 3 year old nephew actually likes to empty it for me because it's so easy. For deeper cleaning you just take apart the area that has the filter and it's not very hard to do at all.

Suction Performance
I can vacuum my whole living room and it picks up a lot of dirt and dust that I can't see and the Cheerios that are constantly on the floor, in one try. I don't have to keep on going over it like other vacuums that I've had in the past.

Versatility
It is very versatile and the hose is highly extendable.

Some of the attachments can come apart easily, which is a nuisance when vacuuming.

It has lasted quite a while and had never lost suction. I can see it lasting me another 5 years at least easily.

Love it

from Bakersfield, Ca

Comments about Dyson DC14 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

This is a great vacuum and has lasted us for many years. Suction is as strong as it was since day one and have never had a problem with it. Once, when I was moving out of a house and was cleaning all day with it for the new owners, it stopped working, but found out if it overheats it will shut off and not turn back on until it is cool. That took about 3 hours. Other than that, never had any problems with it and love that it has no bags. Super easy to clean and empty the canister.

Maneuverability
The top front part is a little high and makes it hard to vacuum up to your kitchen cabinets as it doesn't fit under the cabinet lip so that little space between your floors and the bottom of the kitchen cabinets has to be done with the hand tools.

Good design and love the bright yellow color.

This vacuum has been dropped and ran into and it still functions and looks great. We are hard on our vacuum but it takes all the abuse and looks and runs great.

• Versatility:

Will Make you WANT to Vacuum!

from Des Plaines, IL

Comments about Dyson DC14 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

The Dyson DC14 All Floor Cyclone Vacuum is a mother's dream! Before I got this vacuum, vacuuming was my least favorite household chore. Dusting? No problem. Washing dishes? Sure! Vacuuming? No way. But now that I have this amazing machine, it actually makes me WANT to vacuum and for that matter, vacuum more often! My first child started to crawl last month, and I trust this vacuum 100% to pick up every last piece of dirt, dust bunny, and cheerio it finds on the floor. It glides easily from hardwood floors to rugs to carpeting, and the hose reaches into all the nooks and crannies with great ease, too. My husband and I both have allergies, so the air filter on this model is a nice bonus. We've had this vacuum over two years now and it runs just as great as the first day we got it. Overall, it's easy to dump, easy to clean, easy to push around, and by far the best vacuum I have ever had. I highly recommend it!

AWESOME vacuum!!!

Comments about Dyson DC14 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

I have had this for over 3 years and it is still going strong! It sucks up so much stuff, I am amazed every time I use it. I have 3 kids and 2 small dogs and this thing has saved my carpet from going bad LOL! I love the attachments it comes with and I find that it is very easy to use, clean and empty.

• Versatility:

No Vacuum cleaner like the Dyson!

Comments about Dyson DC14 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

There are very few complaints I have about this vacuum cleaner and the ones I do have cancel out due to the effectiveness of the machine. It brings peace of mind when I see all the little particles picked up inside the cyclone.

Maneuverability
While somewhat bulky, the Dyson does still allow you to get into tiny places. And where the main attachment won't go, I use the smaller attachments.

Ease of Maintenance
A "Good" here because I do have to give my machine a "hair cut" every few uses. My hair is long though, so it's not the Dyson's fault. I just grab some small sharp shears and do it. It's a small price to pay for the performance of the vacuum. I'm willing to keep doing it. The bin is easy enough to empty. I love only having to clean the filter every 6 months. Again, for the performance of the machine, the small amount of maintenance is worth it. Chances are you won't have to replace your Dyson nearly as often as any other vacuum, if ever!

Suction Performance
If the suction performance ever lacks, it's because the bin is full or there's too much hair caught in the brush. This machine picks up every tiny bit of dirt in our carpets and hard floors.

Versatility
The handle flips upside down and inside out however you need to get it to reach. My only complaint is that the hose isn't very long for reaching high spaces, like the ceiling. And there's a lot of resistance when trying to stretch the hose.

It IS a heavy machine for such a petite person. I don't enjoy lugging it up the stairs, even though it has a handle. At the same time, the design makes it easy to store and all the attachments are in one central place.

Not one problem to report on this machine. It comes with a great warranty that I've never had to use. I'd recommend this to everyone. You'd have to do a lot to damage this vacuum cleaner. Very sturdy.

• Versatility:

A decent model, spend the money on a nicer one

Comments about Dyson DC14 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

I bought this Dyson because I have two dogs that shed a ton and my old Hoover just wasn't cutting it. It performs well, but I bought the baseline model because I hate how expensive Dysons are. Looking back I would have bought one of the newer ball base ones.

Maneuverability
It's a standard upright with a big canister, it doesn't turn on a dime and doesn't get under furniture very well. But for standard carpet vacuuming it glides smoothly.

Ease of Maintenance
I have to clean the roller more than I would like. I didn't have to as often with my old vacuum, but then again, maybe it wasn't picking up as much.

Suction Performance
Great suction, almost too good. On one of my inexpensive door mats it's kills the wool. I would be nervous on a really expensive thick rug. It every once in a while makes a grinding noise and I don't know why.

Versatility
Again, with a standard canister it's not very portable or flexible, but it gets the basics done. Not too heavy for taking up and down stairs.

Easy to dump the canister. Could be more flexible. The hose is long but really hard to stretch out so you end up just bringing the vacuum with you, which can make small spaces tricky.

Seems to be durable - it's a Dyson right? The grinding noise I get every once in a while concerns me, but doesn't seem to impact performance.

Dyson was built to last

from Fort White, FL

Comments about Dyson DC14 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

I have had the Dyson DC14 for over 8 years now. There is no mess, big or small, that this vacuum can't handle. I love the fact that there are no bags to empty. With a touch of a button, you can take the whole canister over to the trash can and dump the dirt out. I would recommend doing this step outside, though, because the dust and dirt can fly up out of the trash bag pretty easily. The extension handle is located on the back of the vacuum. Again, with a touch of a button, you have your extension hose ready to go. The vacuum is very sturdy while using the extension hose.
My only complaint is sometimes when I get too close to a wall, something hits wrong on the vacuum and it makes the most horrible noise possible, which can scare the life out of me. If this is my biggest complaint out of a vacuum, then I call that one great piece of machinery.

my forever vacuum

from Greenfield, IA

Comments about Dyson DC14 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

I love my Dyson. I have had mine for a few years and it still works great. I like not having to buy bags for it and in order to clean the filter all you have to do is rinse it off and let it dry overnight which is better than trying to find your needed filter in a store. It may not be the animal edition but it still gets the dog and cat hair out of the carpet which I find important because I have a 12 month old who loves to walk and crawl on the floor and I really don't want animal hair in her mouth.

• Versatility:

Exceptional suction, capable of cleaning all areas/surfaces.

from University Park, PA

Comments about Dyson DC14 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

Reliable, easy to use and unbeatable on suction.

Maneuverability
Relatively easy to manouver. The suction is so good, however, that it clamps itself to the floor. But that's the price you pay for a hoover that is super effective.

Ease of Maintenance
Has easily removable sections throughout the workings of it, so that you can access any possible blockages. Easy to empty, and no need to buy bags for it.

Suction Performance
As already mentioned, the suction is unbeatable.

Versatility
Has various attachments to access all nooks and crannies. Different settings for different floor types.

aesthetically pleasing and practical design.

The ultimate hoover for life.

• Versatility:

Pricey but worth every penny!

from Forest Hills, NY

Comments about Dyson DC14 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

This the best vacuum I've ever own. After moving into an apartment, that seems to be the dustiest place on the face of the earth, I was relieved how well this vacuum performed in that environment. It easily picks up on carpets and rugs, leaving them looking like new, and the best part is that it works really well on hard surfaces as well. The extended handle with the addition of end attachments makes this vacuum very versatile, a breeze to clean those hard to reach or odd place around the house or apartment. It's not very light, but also not overly heavy, my girlfriend that weighs only 100 pounds is able to use this vacuum with ease. There is no bags to deal with, all the dirt is collect in this container that is just one button push way from being emptied into a trash bin. It's that easy! The only knock I have on this device is that it is a bit pricey, at least for me, but I have found that is out preformed to my expectations and is worth every penny spent!