Other Vacuums:

Dyson DC07 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Light weight and powerful but too tall for small spaces.

I previously owned a Dyson look-a-like and it worked well on regular carpet...but it was horrible with barber carpet (which we have wall-to-wall in most of the house) and it didn't work at all on my kitchen floor.  Well when it finally took a dive just after Christmas (the pine needles did it in) my husband convinced me to spend the extra money and finally get a Dyson.  It was one of the best investment I have ever made.  When will I learn to listen to that man?

The Dyson is very powerful.  It makes the regular carpet in my bedroom look like new every time I vacuum.  It works wonderfully on hard surface floors like my kitchen and office.  It even does an acceptable job on the barber carpets.

I have a cat and two preschool boys and a husband who all have seasonal indoor/outdoor allergies.  After using the Dyson for a few months I have notice that there is less over all dust and a minimal amount of cat hair throughout the house.  The Dyson's air filter works exceptionally well and helps my family feel more comfortable.

The telescoping hose in the handle of the vacuum is easy to use (once you figure it out) and makes cleaning those hard to reach cob webs an easy job.

My only true complaint is that the head of the Dyson is very tall and it won't fit in small spaces like under the edge of the counters, the sofa or the end tables. I know I can just take the extra step of taking out the hose and attachments to clean these places but every previous vacuum I have owned was able to fit into these places and the fact that my expensive, top-of-the-line vacuum can't is really annoying to me.

Over all I am happy with my Dyson and I think it is worth the extra money.  I know that makers of Dyson are always improving their design and I hope that eventually they will fix the few issues I have with the machine.

SAVE YOUR MONEY - NOT WORTH IT!

I asked for this Dyson for a wedding present and was so excited to actually receive it.  I tested out every vacuum in the stores and this seemed to be constructed of the most sturdy materials (others were made of very cheap plastic).  Long story short, although it is sturdy and constructed well, there are many design flaws that make it not worth the cost.

First, if you live with any females or animals, you know hair (strings, etc.) gets caught underneath the belts and occasionally needs to be cleaned.  Good luck with this model!!  The belt is wound so tightly that it's impossible to get it off to clean under it.  When I finally got it off (ripping off a nail or two), I could not get it back on for the life of me.  My husband finally stretched it just enough but it was twisted when it went back on - has not worked the same since.

Second problem is the "automatically adjusting" front plate.  Automatic adjusting equates to a front piece that flops down when you go from carpet to floor, and then you have to literally pick up the vacuum if you intend to go from floor to carpet without the vacuum getting stuck.  I've hurt my back with this vacuum because of that stupid little piece of plastic.

Also, it claims to never lose suction - hard to do when it doesn't have good suction in the first place!  Based on the commercials, I expected ShopVac quality in an upright - not the case.  If you have wall-to-wall carpet, this vacuum might work for you.  If you have multiple surfaces (bound carpet & hardwoods), it won't pick up anything.  If you have heat grates, it won't pick up anything around them.  Basically it doesn't work with any uneven surface.

The hose is also a complete pain.  It's ackward and difficult to use because of the length of the hose and the long metal piece - good luck doing the stairs.

There were other little problems as well, but these were the biggies.  I e-mailed the company with my frustrations and I offered small changes that would make it a better vacuum for the price.  They never returned my e-mail, never contacted me and never acknowledged my helpful suggestions.  Based on their customer service alone, I would never buy another product from them.

BIG disappointment in something I was looking forward to so much, and I can't return it because we weren't given a receipt.

The Dyson sucks--in a good way

Comments about Dyson DC07 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

I've only got one issue with this vacuum, hence the 9 instead of a 10. This vacuum is a wonder. I love that I don't have to buy bags and I can't believe how much disgusting stuff it sucks up every week. It was worth the hefty price tag and I'm glad we decided to buy it when we did. My only issue is the ease with which you can convert it to use just the hose end.

Maneuverability
Does as well as any other vacuum I've owned with maneuverability. I know they now have a ball-type Dyson that they advertise to corner better, but really, how much of a problem is a vacuum on corners and getting it around? I generally am pushing it forward and backward just a short distance anyway, not driving 60 mph through obstacles.

This thing picks up cat hair like a champ too, and it isn't the animal model.

Ease of Maintenance
They recommend that every few months you rinse out the filter and let it dry 24-48 hours. I recommend that every once in awhile you remove the canister from the body and remove the clear cylinder from the part that suctions. Look up in the underside and make sure it isn't clogged. You can read below what came out of mine recently...

Suction Performance
I just recently noticed that my Dyson wasn't performing as well as in the past and was worried that it was on its way out. Then I cleaned the thing out and removed half a bucket of dirt & dust (I kid you not) from around the cyclone part of the machine. Not surprisingly it made a remarkable recovery! It works like the day we brought it home now. We've owned it for several years (maybe 10 now?? Not sure)

Versatility
I have a Sanyo Transformax for my wood & laminate floors that is TRULY versatile, which is why I gave the Dyson an 8. They are made for different things though, so it might not be totally fair. I fight the Dyson a bit when I am using it with the tools and hose end to do stairs and other smaller things. I end up in a sweat by the end--it just doesn't want to bend somehow so that I can get to a lot of areas. Probably good for my heart health, but docks the Dyson points on versatility.

I have begun using it on our hardwood & laminate floors sometimes, which ups its versatility factor. I just turn off the spinning brush on the front.

I like the look of it! Mine is teal blue. I like that I can see what I vacuumed up too, all swirling around in there. Makes me feel like I've accomplished something and not just wasted my time pushing it around.

Works like a champ if you treat it right. Follow the maintenance schedule and make sure you check the brush wheel in the front for hair. I've got a child with long hair and recently discovered that the brush was coated in her hair to the point that it wasn't picking things up anymore. That's how good this thing works--even with half a bucket of crud in its innards and hair coating its "teeth" it was still working as well as my other vacuum previous to this one!!

• Versatility:

Expensive but it's the creme de la creme of vacuums

from Fairfield, CT

Comments about Dyson DC07 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

Dyson vacuum cleaners are the best vacuum cleaners- bar none. I bought this vacuum cleaner even though it was quite expensive. It was definitely worth every penny.

Maneuverability
Dyson vacuums are engineered to move effortlessly over multi-surfaces.

Ease of Maintenance
Dyson's vacuum is bagless so clean-up is simply a matter of emptying refuse bin.

Suction Performance
Again, this vacuum has patented suction technology that is far superior to other vacuums.

Versatility
This vacuum can vacuum multi-surface floors.

The sleek design makes it lightweight.

The exterior shell is made of strong plastic compound.

• Versatility:

Once you use a dyson, you will never go back!

from Lewisville, TX

Comments about Dyson DC07 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

It is an amazing vaccuum! I have had mine for about 4 or 5 years. It lives up to the hype. It never loses suction. The times that I thought something was wrong with it, it was user error. Like it had gotten switched to the hard floor setting.

works great lightweight

from Fond Du Lac, WI

Comments about Dyson DC07 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

I do not own this model but do own a dc07 animal without the ball. It works well but is hard to clean stairs. I also won a older wind tunnel; while it is heavier it seems to worke just as well for pet hair

lightweight

seems to last

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

from Mckinleyville, CA

Comments about Dyson DC07 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

I love this vacuum.We just got it over the weekend and I've used it every day since just because I like to see how much dirt it picks up each time!It's amazing.We have the pink one that's not for animals but it's the dc07 just the same.Would definitely recommend it.

Awesome vacuum, doesn't lose suction, well designed.

from Hugo, MN

Comments about Dyson DC07 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

I wish I would have had one of these vacuum cleaners years ago. My house is much cleaner since I got the Dyson. Not only because it works so well but because it has made vacuuming so much less unpleasant than it was in the past. This is great for people with dust allergies like me. I highly recommend getting a Dyson. It did cost more than other vacuums but honestly it is worth every penny!

Maneuverability
Very lightweight and easy to maneuver. Also the handle makes it so easy to carry.

Ease of Maintenance
I love the system Dyson has for emptying the bagless dust compartment. The only tricky thing as far as maintenance is the roller brush piece on the bottom of the vacuum. Do not make the mistake of removing this because you will NOT get it back on. I made this mistake and called Customer Service and was told I'd have to get this reattached with a special tool at a vacuum shop. The guy there said to use a scissors to cut the hair from this piece rather than removing it (3 girls in the house = a lot of hair).

Suction Performance
This vacuum has the best suction of any vacuum I have ever used. I no longer need to go over the same area ten times to get it clean like I did with the wimpy-suction vacuums I have had before.

Versatility
The hand held portion is a little bit of a pain because you have to remove the entire handle and wand to use it. But it does work well and gets in all those hard to reach places. It works great on hard floors as well as carpet as long as you have it on the proper setting.

Very lightweight and easy to use. The handle makes it easy to carry. I like that all the standard attachments can be attached right to the machine so they are with you when you need them.

Has not lost suction after more than three years. This alone makes it worth the extra cost.

• Versatility:

it's great for bare floors.

from Vass, NC

Comments about Dyson DC07 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

I just recently bought this vacuum.  It does take some getting used to as to how it's setup but it vacuums great.  I love how well it does on bare floors like lineolium.  It suction cups down onto the floors so nothing can come out the sides like on normal vacuums.  The only drawback for me is the canister on emptying it.  It has a release handle that releases a hatch on the bottom of the canister and if you don't have it right over the exact middle of the trash can it will spill over on the floor.  I haven't had the hose clog yet like with my bissell I have.  I'm always having to clean out the hose or filters of my bissell.  I like that I won't have to do that with this vacuum hopefully.  Also it's a lot lighter and easier to push even if you have a rug.

Maneuverability
It get's very far under furniture that other vacuums that will come up off the floor

Ease of Maintenance
I have had this vacuum for a year and have had to have no maintenance on this. The filter is washable and it's bagless.

Suction Performance
I have not had the hose clog up once like my other vacuum I've had.

Love my Dyson!!

from Grimes, IA

Comments about Dyson DC07 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

I have had my Dyson Vacuum for about 6 years and I still love it as much as I did when I first got it. It is still running great and I have not had any problems with it at all!! We bought a new house about 3 years ago, and it has a central vacuum system, I use it on occasion but for my magor cleaning, I use my Dyson because it just does a better, more thorough cleaning job. It has several attachments which make the job so much easier, and they are conveniently attached so they are always there when I need them. And being bagless is great!! It is so easy to empty the dirt int the trash can, one finger and its done!! And I save so much money not having to buy expensive vacuum bags! Whoever created this vacuum knew what they were doing and seems to really understand our cleaning needs!!

• Versatility:

get a dyson awesome power

from Paris, TN

Comments about Dyson DC07 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

about a year ago we bought our Dyson. i did have sticker shock for a few days since this vacume cleaner cost 400.00 dollors , i mean geeze its only a vacume right !

well regardless of the price we are very happy so far with it. this vacume picks up great ! I have two dogs & two cats in the house and pet hair is never a problem.

I do have one complaint though on this unit, the nice long utility hose would be wonderfull if it would only extend the whole lenth when you try to use it. since the suction is SO powerful it tends to keep the hose sucked up tight to the vacume so that when your trying to reach something with it the vacume fallows to closely and or tips over when you only have the hose extended about 1/3 of its potential, this is like a wrestling match with you Dyson.

• Versatility:

Powerful suction and easy to clean out

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Dyson DC07 All-Floors Cyclone Vacuum:

Bit the bullet and bought the Dyson despite the hefty price tag.  It has definitely gotten more dirt off of our floors than any other vacuum we've owned, from miniscule particles of dirt, carpet fuzz and hair to smushed cheerios, whole goldfish crackers and other somewhat larger items.  While I can't speak to pet hair (we don't have a pet), it's done well on fake Christmas tree needles and larger area rugs.  I've liked the overall design and found it very easy to use.  With how much this thing sucks up, I'm very glad to not have to buy vacuum bags.  Emptying it is a piece of cake.  Just stick the end of the canister in a plastic bag, pull the little trigger to open it, and voila, the dirt's in the bag.  Close the bag right away, and very little to none of it escapes.

Overall, I like this vacuum a lot.  I do wish that this model had a shorter clearance to be able to get under furniture a bit better.  However, my one big con is the horrendous noise it makes when it starts sucking up something that won't come off....say a tassel on your couch, or a shoelace, or even occasionally an 'invisible' something.  It's extremely loud, startling, and sounds like the vacuum is going to destroy whatever is caught in there or be hopelessly broken.  My toddler is really wigged out by it for that reason, and I have to be extra careful and aware when using it.