4.1

DuWop Lip Venom

4.1

Pros

Cons

It may sting but I love it!

I do agree that Lip Venom does sting...but in my opinion it's worth it! I love the way it feels and looks on my lips, and the sting means it's working! The blend of cinnamon, wintergreen and ginger essential oils causes the blood to rush to the lips. This in turn causes a temporary slight swelling that creates "plumper" lips. On top of that, it totally moisturizes your lips. I have not found another product yet that compares to lip venom.

Beauty hurts, but shouldn't be THIS painful.

**The verdict -** Ouch.  Get it off of me.

**The verdict -** Ouch.  Get it off of me.

**The facts-  ** Made by a company called DuWop, Lip Venom is a product that is supposed to make lips look larger and plumper or bee-stung like Goldie Hawn in The Second Wives' Club.  It comes in a sinister looking small glass vial that has a screw on lid. Attached to the lid is a brush that is used to apply the venom.

After applying the venom, the lips are supposedly plumped because the ingredients cause the blood to rush to the surface of the lips, swelling them slightly.  These ingredients are essentials oils of cinnamon, wintergreen, and ginger.  Lip Venom tastes and smells strongly of cinnamon and is kind of refreshing at first.

And then the pain sets in.

I have no idea if this product actually works as stated because I cannot bear to have it on my face for more than 5 minutes.  Every time I have tried to use Lip Venom, I am amazed at the super shiny finish of the gloss but within 5 minutes I am running around like a crazy women trying to find something to wipe the goo off of my lips with.  It burns so badly that I cannot take it and have to remove it and press cold compresses to my lips for a half hour afterward.

**Star Power -** *1 star* - I want my mommy. I wouldn't wish this product on my worst enemy. I'm throwing this one in the trash.

do you like cinnamon red hots?

from Wood Ridge, NJ

Comments about DuWop Lip Venom:

I  think that lip venom has nice shine and a deliciously tingly cinnamon flavor, yet is a little too strong.  I found that it stings a bit. you definitely wouldnt want to put it on your lips if you have peeling or chapped lips. The it would burn.  It pLumps and looks luscious on my lips, nice and shiny and full.   I wished the fullness would last longer.  Nice product and tastes like a cinnamon red hot fireball. yum.

Very shiney, not much plump

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about DuWop Lip Venom:

This is not a bad product, but it is not great either.  I thought it dried out my lips a little.  It does have a bit of a sting, but nothing that hurt me.  I love how shiney it is, however I don't know that it does much to plump and the small effects I see do not last long.  I will continue to use it while I am on my search for the perfect lip plumper.

With a pout like that, you can get anything you want...

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about DuWop Lip Venom:

The first time I used this lip gloss, it stung a bit.  Now after using it for a while now, it doesn't sting that much.  This does make my lips look poutty and it does bring out the natural pinkish color of my lips.  All in all, not a bad product for the price.

Wish the bite lasted

from Chicago, IL

Comments about DuWop Lip Venom:

I like this product but it has to be reapplied very frequently.  It is small and you can go through it very quickly.  I do like how shiny it is but am not sure it "plump" my lips too much.  I kind of like the way it feels on my lips.  I will buy again.

loving this product

from Niagara Falls, NY

Comments about DuWop Lip Venom:

I might swim through a pool of sharks to get this product. I am constantly looking for the best price on this product as I am addicted. Some of the shops on amazon offer this product at a fairly good rate. Although it is still overpriced I am willing to pay the extra to have my lips buzzing with this great product. I first tried this product as a sample and after that I was hooked, line and sinker. I will continue to use this product and recommend it to all.

It may sting but I love it!

from Cypress, TX

Lip venom = LOVE

from Abita Springs, LA

Comments about DuWop Lip Venom:

I've used this a few days now. The smell is divine. I love the sheerness and the stinging is tolerable. It doesn't change the color of my lips that much which is great when I'm going for something more subtle. It's more effective a plumper than I've ever tried but the results aren't comparable to collagen or anything so don't expect a massive change in your lips appearance. I will warn though, if you have sensitive lips or skin, I'd probably avoid it. I love the stinging sensation but if it stung to any greater a degree, I don't think I could handle it.

I'm one of those people that loves stinging carmex from when I was younger, and have a pretty nice tolerance for those kinds of sensations so definitely something to consider if that's not something you're into.The texture is more slippery gloss instead of goopy or sticky. It doesn't last an eternity but I think it's within reason for longevity. I'd have given this product 5 stars if it weren't for how unbelievably small it is, especially for the price. In this economy, some items are considered luxury items for me. This is one of those items. It's really nice, I really like it, I'd probably buy it again, but I'm very aware of how much I use each time and want to try and make it last as long as I can.

DuWop Lip Venom is the best ever!

from Neenah, WI

Comments about DuWop Lip Venom:

I love DuWop's Lip Venom.  Not only does it provide awesome shine but it also tingles and makes your lips get a nice flush of natural color to them.  Yes it plumps them because the blend of oils they use react with your lips and make the blood rush to them giving you a temporary increase in the size and plumpness of your lips.  You will love this if you try it once.  Just make sure you are not allergic to cinnamon oil because then the nice tingle will be a burn and your lips will not plump but get irritated. My sister is allergic to cinnamon oil and had to learn the hard way.  I really like the packaging of the product and it comes in a cute little tube.  It is tiny and  compact to it fits easilly into your pocket or a clutch purse.  I love the awesome shine that it gives your lips without ever feeling sticky or tacky at all.  It is just fabulous overall and I really enjoy this product as well as all the variations that they have on the lip venom.

Angelina Jolie lips in a bottle

from Tampa, FL

Comments about DuWop Lip Venom:

THIS STUFF IS AWESOME. First of all, it buzzes your lips and feels just like a bee sting. How is that awesome you ask? Well, I dont know...how many of your current lip glosses to that. Its like a double shot of espresso for your lips! It wakes them up!

CAUTION:

If you are going to kiss someone on the cheek when wearing this it may give them a reaction or leave a bright red hickyish mark on their face. Some peoples skin is VERY sensitive to this and you cant just going around smooching your grandma when you are wearing this stuff.... I have been the wearer of lip venom, but never the receiver or a kiss from someone wearing it so I cant say from personal experience BUT I have heard that it HURTS!!

So what I am saying is this...wear it...fire those lips up with this burny feeling lip plucker upper ...make you lips look like Angelina....

BUT it is best if you dont plan on kissing anyone while wearing it...or else you may have to listen to their complaining about a burning face or something like that.

Its relatively inexpensive and lasts a long time. Great product.

Tastes great and does a little plumping

from Simpsonville, SC

Comments about DuWop Lip Venom:

I do not have particularly thin lips but thought it would be fun to try a lip plumping product.  I have tried another brand that was more expensive than DuWop Lip Venom which did not work as well.  This product gives a slight burning and tingling sensation after it is applied, similar to the sensation in your mouth when you chew cinnamon gum, but it was not painful or uncomfortable.  I like that the gloss is not particularly sticky or thick, as many lip glosses are.  It does seem to provide a temporary boost and sense of fullness to the lips.  Of course, this product does not deliver similar results to having a collagen injection.  However, I think it is a fun product with no side effects and a pleasant taste.  It is fun to use this in combination with a lipstick, as this product is clear.  The Lip Venom can be applied first, and the lipstick can be applied over the top.  If you put on the lip venom after applying the lipstick, you lose the plumping effects of the lip venom