4.1
Other Paints:
Dutch Boy
 1.DB15803-14
Dutch Boy Interior Paint (All Varieties)

Dutch Boy Interior Paint (All Varieties)

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Appliation:

Ducth Boy Paints are better than ever & better than the rest!

With all of the house paints that are available today, Dutch Boy is still the best.  It's been around forever and constantly improving, now with a new paint with Arm & Hammer baking soda to keep odors under control.  This will be a great asset for all pet owners, plus many other smells from everyday living.  The quality of living after using this paint, will improve tremdously and not having to purchase all of the extra sprays, candles, and plug in odor controllers, keeping many chemicals out of your breathing air, too.  This is another green idea considering all of the products that go into making those things.  Instead, you'll already have everything under control, from ceiling to the walls to the floors.  This paint comes in gloss, semi-gloss, and flat texture and a very large variety of beautiful colors, easily matched to any room or decor!  With the years of experience that this Dutch Boy has been in business, proves that their paint is nothing but the highest quality house paint on the market, priced at a very reasonable price, too.

Although the price is great the product is not

We recently moved into our first home and have done a lot of renovations.  We were happy with the current brand of paint that we were using.  The local home improvement store was running a really good sale on Dutch Boy paint so we decided to give it a try.  Our first inclination that we were not going to like this paint was that the color on the sample did not match up to the actual paint color.  I understand there is always some variance but this was a drastic difference.  We were told in the store by the salesman that we would be able to easily cover our walls with one coat.  Once we began painting we realized this was not going to be the case at all.  We had to go over the walls many times for their to be complete coverage.  In addition to taking longer to paint we also had to do a second coat on the walls which we were told would not be the case.  We have done lots of painting over the last year and I know what good paint is and Dutch Boy is not a brand that I will purchase again.

Average paint.

from Kansas

Comments about Dutch Boy Interior Paint (All Varieties):

I have used various types of Dutch Boy interior paints throughout the years. The primary reason why I purchased this paint the first time was the low price. As expected, a lower price usually equals lower quality. I would not say this specific brand is low quality, but instead is average quality. If you are looking for a really high quality paint, chose a different brand. But if you just need some average paint to cover a wall or two, I would suggest this. It is really reasonably priced. One thing I have noticed though is the paint is usually a shade or two off of the paint sample. Usually that does not bother me much, but if someone wants a really specific color then you may need to be careful with this brand.

Quality
This is just an average quality paint. There are better options but there are worse ones.

Average durability. It can take a little bit of wear and tear but not a lot.

Coverage
Usually takes a few thorough coats to cover a wall.

Ease of Appliation
Once again, Dutch Boy is just average in the ease of application.

This paint is okay!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Dutch Boy Interior Paint (All Varieties):

I have used Dutch Boy Interior paint a handful of times, and it is definitely an okay choice when you are in a rut and you need to paint some rooms in your house. It is completely affordable, and it does the job. I honestly do not prefer Dutch Boy paint only because it does have a bit of a tendency to chip. Other than that, it's a good quality interior paint. Their color selection is also more than decent. I would suggest this to someone who is looking for cheap paint to touch up their house.

Quality
The quality of Dutch Boy paint is just okay. It does what it is supposed to, and it lasts a little while before it starts to chip.

This paint is not very durable, but it is definitely not the worst paint I have ever used.

Coverage
The coverage is pretty decent. When I used Dutch Boy paint, I had to put three coats on my walls for it to show up vibrantly.

Ease of Appliation
This paint is very easy to apply. Does not take much time at all.

Dutch Boy Interior Paint

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Dutch Boy Interior Paint (All Varieties):

Having done a lot of painting over the years and having used a lot of different paints, this is one only to consider if you are on a budget. There is a reason this paint goes for a lot less that the much more expensive premium paints. It's not as good at coverage by a long shot.

Quality
This is a middle of the road quality paint which is great for people on a budget. My advice is if you're going to paint light over a dark wall, pass on this paint. It's coverage isn't that great. However if you're painting light on light, dark over dark, it should be fine. The premium paints are what is needed for the tougher jobs. You could spend a lot of time painting numerous coats with this paint.

For an interior paint, it's plenty durable enough.

Coverage
This is where this paint falls short. It doesn't cover well unless it's light over light or dark over dark. Even still, you may need to use multiple coats.

Ease of Appliation
It's not as thick as a premium paint so it's going to be a bit runny and drip and be a bit messier that high quality paint. Just be aware.

Dutch Boy

Comments about Dutch Boy Interior Paint (All Varieties):

I absolutely love Dutch Boy interior paints, it's the brand I'm usually drawn to whenever I need to paint any interior walls. It comes in a variety of finishes, like satin or eggshell, and more colors than you could imagine. They have so many colors to choose from it can get overwhelming trying to pick the right one, so many different shades of the same color as well. I like getting the one with the built in primer to save myself time. Usually two coats and my walls look fabulous, three if I'm painting over really dark colors. It goes on smooth and little drips and splatters clean up pretty well too.

Quality
Very high quality, my walls always look great when I paint with Dutch boy.

I have rooms that I painted 8 years ago that still look newly painted, holds up very well to kids too!

Coverage
I get great coverage with just two coats, covers old paint and stains well.

Ease of Appliation
Applies very easily with a roller or paint brush. I have had no issues with application at all.

• Ease of Appliation:

quality paint for the home

Comments about Dutch Boy Interior Paint (All Varieties):

I like that when I do a project that I am using a good quality product that will last especially when it is paint on my households walls. I know this paint will stand up to all odds because it is the exact paint on my walls and has already withstood 14 years of my three kids lives in their rooms and in all our living areas. I has taken bumps nicks and such and still weathered very well.

Quality
This brand of paint is a good quality paint. It covers very well and withstands many years of wear in any interior room that I decide to paint.

After dry this paint really withstands a long time of wear. It has withstood 14 years so far in my home with no signs of wearing thin and has survived two kids bedrooms and a family kitchen and bathroom.

Coverage
when painting my walls with this it went on smoothly and quickly and with only one coat my walls were evenly coated and smooth. The paint really smoothed over the surface without lines also.

Ease of Appliation
a simple roller was used and this paint smoothed on easily.

Great Color Maker but not a cost effective tool

Comments about Dutch Boy Interior Paint (All Varieties):

I was really disappointed when I got my first sale paint after our renovations were done and it was time to paint. The paint had great ability to make the colors I wanted but overall it was too thin and it had to be applied in some areas as much as three times. Not a good value at all.

Quality
Very light on quality factor. Wanted to do the job in as little as two days but it took five to finish applying the three coats needed to cover all the walls properly. Thin much too thin inthe texture of the paint itself.

Not as durable as I wanted especially as with having kids in the house at the time. Maybe this paint should be for apartment landlords only. This was a complete disappointment and a waste of time and money as it did not go as far as expected.

Coverage
Covered, but only after applying numerous coats. Not satisfied at all. When you buy paint you expect some kind of standard to be meet and this Dutch Boy brand really fell short on that, sorry to say but with the brand name being out there for as long as they were, I was completely totally disappointed by the results I got. Will not use again.

Ease of Appliation
Probably best to use through a spray gun, not applied by a brush or roller. It was way too thin for either of those application processes. A bandaid would have applied easier. My parents and grandparents believed in Dutch Boy for years and that was why I tried it, I did not tell either of my disastorous results so as not to wreck their belief in a company that they have had great success with.

• Ease of Appliation:

you pay more, but it's good paint

Comments about Dutch Boy Interior Paint (All Varieties):

A friend of mine who paints for a living suggested this paint to me. Dutch Boy is a really quality brand that coats well, and it is not priced as a super premium paint, so it won't break the bank. It is far superior to discount brands, but the cost difference is not huge. We have two young kids and have found this paint to be really durable, and our dogs slobber a lot, and we can clean walls with this paint very easily.

Dutch Boy Interior Paint

Comments about Dutch Boy Interior Paint (All Varieties):

Dutch Boy Interior Paint is what we used when we remodeled our home this year. It is a good quality paint and a well known brand, which is why we purchased it. We tried to purchase it when it was on sale at Value Home Centers. They would frequently have sales on Dutch Boy Paints by offering a mail-in rebate with purchase.
I recommend buying the paint/primer in one. I made the mistake of using a different kind of paint that didn't have primer and had to redo the wall because you could tell the paint looked different on the part that had primer first and the part that didn't.
It also comes in an easy twist off container which is great for opening and closing and not having to worry about your paint drying out. The paint also comes in a plastic container so you never have to worry about the container rusting and getting rust into your paint color.

Quality
This paint goes on thick and provides excellent color coverage.

• Ease of Appliation:

Great quality, great container, okay price.

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Dutch Boy Interior Paint (All Varieties):

Dutch Boy Interior latex-based paints are easy to find at Walmart.  Although ColorPlace is much more competitive with price, the quality of Dutch Boy is significantly better.

I tend to browse the mistints section for the Dutch Boy brand, as I paint furniture and need not always have exact color matched.  These are offered at half price and tend to be a great quality buy.

First, the plastiic gallon jugs with re-screwable caps are a big bonus with the Dutch Boy line of paints.  No more hammers, splashing paint and messy ouring, and when I am done with a gallon, I can rinse it out and re-use as a paint water bucket or for other craft storage.

Next, Dutch Boy has a thick, creamy texture that requires fewer  coats for even coverage.  The color line is wonderfully modern, and the satin and semi-gloss finishes come out great.  Price-wise, they are not particularly cheap, but they are not as pricey as some other high-quality paints like Benjamin Moore.

Although the price is great the product is not