Other Coffees:
Dunkin' Donuts
Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend

Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend

I like Dunkin Donuts Original Blend coffee

*While I like **Dunkin Donuts Original Blend Ground Coffee** since it does brew up a good cup of coffee, I was disappointed that it doesn't quite taste like a cup of coffee from a Dunkin Donuts store.*You've got some hints of the store-bought coffee, but it just seems that in my coffee makers, the coffee doesn't taste like the store's. In the end, you're left with a good cup of coffee, but one that's not really any better or worse than several other medium blends from other coffee companies.

That's okay with me though, since I do like this coffee. It's a medium roast blend so it's not too bold nor too weak. The blend is also quite smooth, so it doesn't have that bitter, bold bite that some coffee blends might have.

The Dunkin Donuts Original Blend Ground Coffee tends to be a good all around coffee. I have used it for coffee in the morning and in the evening. There's enough kick to wake me up in the morning and it's smooth enough to go well with dessert in the evening.

**My Take**

While this coffee doesn't quite taste like the original you'll get from a Dunkin Donuts store, it is quite good and I think it's a nice middle-of-the-road blend offering a rich and smooth flavor.

One of the less pleasing blends I've had

I had my first experience with Dunkin Donuts about a week ago.  I was sadly disappointed.  I waited in line for 17 minutes for a large black coffee and a french vanilla latte.  After being asked what I was waiting on, with only two cars in the drive thru, I was still presented with the wrong order.  The coffee itself was lifeless and bland.  Surely didn't pack the punch I was looking for.

A Dependable Morning Brew

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend:

There are times that I need a big kick in the morning and other times when a regular medium blend will do. When I can't seem to get motivated I reach for the bag of Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend that I have stored in my freezer. I consider this my "secret stash" because it isn't what I brew when I have friends over; most of them prefer something smoother than this. That's not to say that this a harsh blend but it is definitely stronger than Maxwell House or Folgers.

When this is on sale I try to get a couple of bags to keep in the freezer; I will take one to the shop with me and leave it in the refrigerator. Not everyone there likes the Dunkin' Donuts blend but when that's the only coffee left I know they will drink it. I use it the same way as I do other ground coffee; three generous tablespoons (a measuring unit tablespoon) for a half pot of coffee.

I prefer the pre-ground blend over the whole bean; my grocery store sells both versions and the freshly ground stuff that you bag yourself after putting it through the grinder is strong and slightly on the bitter side. Even when I reduced the amount of coffee or increased the amount of water I used, it still came out a little too strong for me.

If you need a stronger coffee in the morning or afternoon then this is more than worth trying; it might take a couple of pots to get the water-to-coffee ration the way you like it but once you do I can almost guarantee that you will love the taste of it regardless of whether you drink it black or with sweetener and milk.

One of my favorite blends!

Comments about Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend:

I was wary of trying Dunkin' Donuts coffee (I don't know why), but after my first cup, I became a believer! It is smooth and rich, and not at all bitter. I love it so much that I have a bag of caffeinated and decaffeinated in my pantry. It is ground to the perfect fineness, and works great in my espresso maker as well as my regular coffee pot. It is a staple in my home!

Good tasting coffee but is a little pricey

Comments about Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend:

I am not much of a coffee drinker. I prefer tea over coffee. But Dunkin Donuts original blend coffee tastes so good that I actually buy it and drink it. My mom who loves coffee would insist on buying Dunkin Donuts original blend. I would always try talking her into saving some money and buying a cheaper brand. But she wouldn't listen to me. She said this is the best tasting coffee. She would try and get me to taste it and I would always tell her that I just don't care much for coffee. One day I gave in and boy was she right. This coffee has a nice bold flavor and doesn't have that nasty coffee after taste that I dislike so much in other brands. Now I buy Dunkin Donuts Original Coffee Blend all of the time. I still don't drink a lot of coffee but when I do drink coffee this is the only brand for me. And my neighbors love me. Whenever they come over I put a pot on and they rave about how good my coffee is. At holidays or any other time I have guests over, my coffee is always a big hit with the coffee drinkers. My secret is Dunkin Donuts original blend. It does cost quite a bit more than the major coffee brands, but I figure it works out to about 30c per cup. That is still a lot cheaper than many other drinks you can buy. And the great taste is well worth the price.

The best coffee ever!!!!!

from Clementon, NJ

Comments about Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend:

I love DunkinDonuts coffee, the taste is so rich so flavorfull I simple love it. I drink it twice a day, I am addicted to it, I can't stop drinking. Let's face it, you can not eat lazanha every day, but Dunkin Donuts coffee - yep, I think I could make that a daily event, especially in the summer - because nothing beats Dunkin Donuts iced coffee.

The best coffee ever to pass my lips

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend:

this coffee is very big back east but has had a struggle getting hold here in vegas we just got a new one here and i will be telling everyone i know to  go there because it is the best coffee along with great service -- if you  are looking for a change from "Starbucks" this will be an eye opener you will find the coffee to be far better at Dunkin

One of the less pleasing blends I've had

from Tarawa Terrace, NC

Mmmm Heaven in a cup

from Hollywood, FL

Comments about Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend:

Mmmm Dunkin Donuts coffee must be my heaven on earth.  I have to say their good old fashioned regular coffee is one of the best coffees I ever tasted.  The one problem I do have with Dunkin Donuts is the drive thru are always way to long and slow.  I am almost willing to wait though.   From the first sip to the last this coffee is an A+

Like stepping into the store without having to leave the house

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend:

Not only can you stepin or drive thru your local Dunkin Donutand get a great tasting cup of coffee at a great price, but you can also pick up whole bean or ground Dunkin Donuts coffee to brew at home.  The instructions include basic instructions for brewing as also provide tips on how to get it to taste just like it does at Dunkin Donuts.

richest flavor coffee yet

from Lutz, FL

Comments about Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend:

This is by far one of the best coffees that I have ever had in quite a while.  Dunkin Donuts double brewed coffee has a rich smooth and delectable flavor that is perfect for leisurely enjoying or even on go or at work.  The product available in the Dunkin Donuts stores is served either hot or iced with an assortment of flavored syrups that can be added to make the coffee experience even more spectacular.  Now also available in grocery stores, this freshly ground pre-packaged coffee is ready for you to take the delicious beans home.

Love it. Buy it whenever I can.

from West Sand Lake, NY

Comments about Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend:

I absolutely love DD's coffee!  And my little one loves their donuts and milk!  Its a great treat for myself when I am on the road.  My only wish is that the drive-thru didn't take soo long.  DD could also improve some of their customer service!  The product is definately great!