Other Baking Goods:
Duncan Hines
Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake Mix

Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake Mix

Go for Duncan Hines for amazing cake!

Comments about Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake Mix:

I absolutely LOVE boxed cake mixes and I've tried every classic brand that's sold at my store to decide which one I like the best, and despite chocolate being my favorite flavor the classic yellow is awesome simply for tasting like a Twinkie! Duncan Hines wins for moistness, lightness, and just great TASTE. Pair it with whipped white frosting and vanilla ice cream and you have a KILLER dessert!

Only 16.5 oz in box now which is messing up recipes.

Bakers Beware !!!!

As of 2012, Duncan Hines is shortchanging the amount in their cake mix box. I am so annoyed with them!!! Today I made a special recipe (Watergate Cake) I have made for over 30 years which uses Duncan Hines Butter Golden mix as a base with other ingredients added from this recipe. -- Well, my always wonderful cake did not rise much, and the 2 layers turned out very, very small and dry.

I checked the cake mix box and compared it to an older one I still have in my pantry. The new older box contains 18.25 ounces, and the new box only contains 16.5 ounces. Same price, but less product! The box looks the same. ---- Very sneaky way to cheat the customer!

This explains why my cake was a flop. I will never buy Duncan Hines again!Report Abuse

Easiest Cake in the World to Make

from Cayce, SC

Comments about Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake Mix:

I use the Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake Mix as a base for many different type cakes.  You just add the additional ingredients and you are good to go.  I've used it to make Rum Cake, Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Watergate Cake, Peanut butter Bundy cake - just to name a few.  There are recipes online, just look up cake mix cakes.

Now, this isn't saying the Yellow Cake by itself isn't fabulous, it is!  My family all bakes.  And, some cakes I've eaten from them have been dry and too thick.  I don't bake, well, I do but with cake mixes.  MY cakes always turn out nice and moist.  You can't go wrong with this Yellow Cake Mix.  I just follow the instructions, and I'm good to go!  It tells you right on the box how long it takes for each type of cake, you can't beat it!  And, I don't have a big mess of flour all over my kitchen.

In short - easy.  And, can even taste better than homemade (not at all died out)!

Duncan Hines Worked Fine

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake Mix:

I brought the Duncan Hines Classic Yellow cake mix on sale. I used pineapple juice instead of water to make Pineapple upside down cake for Thanksgiving. Which I hadn't made in years! It came out great. The directions were easy to follow.

The cake came out fine and accepted the addition of pineapple juice and pineapples and brwon sugar without losing its intergrity despite my additions and lack of skill. I used fresh pineapple juice instead of the pineapple packed in syrup.

In addition I did not use a standard cake pan but an aluminum roasting pan that was plainly to big. The cake didn't come out of the oven pancake flat. It rose a good three inches (maybe a little more).

Any how, my hand at baking after 20 years was blissfully awarded. My friends enjoyed my cake and praised my skill. I was more than pleased.

I will be buying Duncan Hines for my next hand at baking. I want to try a Banana cake next time

Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake Mix is fool proof

from Kingwood, TX

Comments about Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake Mix:

Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake Mix is the best cake mix I have ever used.  It has easy to follow instrcutions which makes it fool proof.  It is moist and flavorful and stays fresher after it is baked longer than any other cake mix.  There are so many recipes that can be made by first using Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake mix to start.  One of the easiest recipes that i bake with this cake mix is to add 1 can of  any type of pie filling in pan, melt 1 stick of butter to  dry cake mix and spread over pie filling.  Top with 1 cup chopped pecans and bake on 350% for  35 to 40 min until slightly brown.  It makes the best Apple, Blue Berry, or Cherry Crunch cake.  And it is so easy to make.  Using Duncan Hines Cake Mixes you can't go wrong.  My family and friends love this recipe made with Duncan Hines.  I have tried other cake mixes in this recipe but Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake mix wins hands down each time.  I would highly recommend Duncan Hines Cake Mixes to everyone.  You don't need to be an experienced baker to bake a perfect cake each time using this cake mix.  Even if you have never baked a cake in your  life  you can rest assured it will come out great and your guest will swear you spent hours preparing it.  I think everyone who has not tried this cake mix should do,  so they will never use anything else.

Moist Cake

from Gilbert, AZ

Comments about Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake Mix:

I think that Duncan Hines makes the best cake mix!  This is not exception.  A tried and true original flavor.  Very moist and great for parties or just a fun treat for the kids.  This is a very easy cake mix to follow and one that is sure to please a crowd.  Great as cupcakes or use multiple ones for a layered cake.  Pair one of these with a Duncan Hines frosting and you will be a hit at your next event!