Other Baking Goods:
Brownies, Cake Mix
Duncan Hines
Duncan Hines Cake Mix (All Varieties)

Duncan Hines Cake Mix (All Varieties)

Duncan Hines Cake Mixes are so moist.

I usually always buy Duncan Hines German Chocolate Mix, however one time when I went to the store, they did not have the German Chocolate.  I purchased another brand and made the cake for my family.  They could tell the difference right away.  Duncan Hines are so moist and taste so much better.  I make a cake with the Dark Chocolate mix and add a can of cherry pie filling to the mix and eggs and stir, then bake same as regular cake.  This is so good and it really takes so little time to put together.  For frosting, I use a can of cherry pie filling and container of cool whip and this make a nice frosting, but not as heavy as regular frosting.  You can use the Duncan Hines Angel Food Cake Mix and add a can of undrained crushed pineapple and make in 9X13 pan.  Then frost with a drained can of pineapple and cool whip.  This is very light and is accepted in the Weight Watchers program.  There are so many things you can do with any Duncan Hines cake mixes.  They have good receipes on the side of box too.

A Good Enough Cake

Duncan Hines is always good but it is not the best out there. I would call it mediocre. It is a bunch cheap cake, cheap frosting & cheap bread mixes. They again taste good but not as good as most cakes like Pillsbury or a home made cake. I have noticed that the cakes when cooked as directed, become dry. I would honestly prefer a different cake due to this fact, it may appeal to others though. I like a much more dense, moist cake. The frosting selections are sufficient, they lack some flavor and do taste very artificial though. I would prefer a smoother frosting that has a bold flavor. I have not personally made one of the muffin or strudel products, but I have eaten a few. Those also lack flavor and taste artificial. So to top it off, Duncan Hines would be a good baking brand to buy, but not the best.

Good brand. good price

from Edinburg, Tx

About Me Foodie

Pros

• Easy To Prepare
  • Flavorful
  • Good Value
  • Well Packaged

Cons

• Anytime

Comments about Duncan Hines Cake Mix (All Varieties):

I like to use this product for any celebration, holiday, birthday party or simply whenever we're craving delicious cakes.

Nice texture, no flavor

from Roseburg, OR

About Me Foodie, Simple Tastes

Pros

• Easy To Prepare
    • Good Value

Cons

• artificial coloring
    • Lacks Flavor

Comments about Duncan Hines Cake Mix (All Varieties):

Tried "Red Velvet Cake" because of the famous name. Very disappointed. No flavor. The red food coloring was very off-putting - I suppose I expected it to be reddish like a rich devilsfood cake. I made my own frosting, which I consider a waste of ingredients on this cake.

Good Cake Mix

Comments about Duncan Hines Cake Mix (All Varieties):

I like Duncan Hines but I think that I prefer Pillsbury. However, Duncan Hines does make great cake mix. It comes in a variety of flavors such as chocolate, german chocolate, french vanilla, carrot, red velvet, butter, strawberry, and more. I do not recommend their red velvet if you are looking for something that tastes like an authentic homemade red velvet cake. It tastes nothing like it! Other than that, their cake mixes are very high quality and make great desserts.

A Good Enough Cake

Comments about Duncan Hines Cake Mix (All Varieties):

Duncan Hines cakes are incredibly moist and delicious.

Comments about Duncan Hines Cake Mix (All Varieties):

Duncan Hines cakes mixes are the absoulte best. They are super easy to make. The cakes are always moist and delicious. My family will not eat anyother kind of box cake mix and I will not use anyother kind. And in every box of cake mix is a coupon for a free cake mix or pie filling with purchase of one.

Quick and Easy

from West Jefferson, OH

Comments about Duncan Hines Cake Mix (All Varieties):

I recently tried making a cake using a Duncan Hines cake mix (it was the Classic White flavor) and was pleasantly surprised at how very quick and easy it was to make a cake. The directions were very simple and easy to understand, the ingredients required were reasonable and easy to find, and the baking time was very reasonable as well. As for the flavor, I thought it was pretty good and definitely enjoyed having a bit of it as soon as it was frosted. The cake itself was relatively light and fluffy, and it had a pleasant texture. It also put off a pleasant scent while it was baking in the oven. The price for this product is very reasonable and this mix can be found at a lot of different grocery stores. I simply made this for fun for my family and I to enjoy. I certainly wouldn't mind making another cake using a Duncan Hines cake mix again and recommend you give it a try.

bakery quality

from Cornwall ny 12518

Comments about Duncan Hines Cake Mix (All Varieties):

Love the idea of the red velvet mix with frosting and decorating tube included. Made the cupcakes for son's birthday and they looked professional. The frosting was wonderful. Just started to make cupcakes as opposed to layer cakes last year and am having a ball with different flavors and decorating ideas. Duncan Hines always comes out moist and delicious. The price also, considering it has the frosting and decorating bag is really very economical.

Best cake I've ever eaten

from Garner, NC

Comments about Duncan Hines Cake Mix (All Varieties):

This is truly the best cake I've ever tasted, even homemade! Devil's Food is my favorite. I top it with Betty Crocker Whipped Cream Frosting. I use the low fat recipe, which uses applesauce instead of oil & you can't taste the difference! In fact, it seems more moist. My husband loves it, too. I've also made the Strawberry, my 2nd favorite, using Strawberry jello & cool whip (Jello Poke Cake)...heavenly & low fat...can beat that!

Amazingly moist Duncan Hines Cake and Cupcake Mixes

from Seekonk, MA

Comments about Duncan Hines Cake Mix (All Varieties):

As an amateur cake decorator and mom of two little kids, I do a lot of baking. Sometimes I have time to bake cakes froms scratch, but on the occassions that I need to whip up a quick cake or batch of cupcakes, my go-to mix is Duncan Hines. The cakes ALWAYS turn out so moist and flavorful. It really is amazing. How can a cake mix from a box taste so good? But it does. Instead of the oil that is recommended in the ingredients, I substitute the same amount of melted butter and the cake comes out amazingly light and moist. It really does melt in your mouth. My husband and I don't even put frosting on it. We like it just the way it is. The instructions are easy to follow and it so simple to add anything else to thee mix -- such as chocolate chips or a fruit puree. Highly recommend Duncan Hines over the other brands.

moist and delicious

from Pasco, WA

Comments about Duncan Hines Cake Mix (All Varieties):

I never thought that there was a big difference between the major brand of cake and cupcake mixes until my sister-in-law began to take cake decorating classes and showed me the difference. I always thought they were all just about the same. Then we began making cakes together and I was so surprised at how good the cakes always turned out and they were so moist and flavorfull. I made two cakes one out of another name brand cake mix and one using Duncan Hines cake and cupcake mix and compared them. Our family hands-down picked the Duncan Hines cake as the best. The texture of these mixes is superior to the other brand including Betty Crocker and I always try to buy sufficient amounts during a sale and combine with a coupon when I can so that I have these on hand when special occasions arise. People always think that they are made from scratch because of their robust flavor and moisture content and I never tell them that the cake came from a box:-)