3.9
DRYEL KIT

3.9

Pros

Cons

Dryel works and saves Dry cleaning expense

A friend told me to purhase the Drye At-Home Dry Cleaning Kit to use on my sweaters instead of taking them to the cleaners. I decided to give it a try. It worked so great I have to tell you about it. The starter kit comes with a large bag with a zipper to put your items in and 2 treated cloths. You can buy refills of the cloths in boxes of 6 which I have already done. I divided my sweaters into two loads. You add one cloth to the bag and steam in your dryer for 20 to 30 minutes. Believe me your sweaters come out smelling great and clean. It also comes with a dryel instant stain remover stick for on the go. I have not used it yet but will keep it handy. It cleans delicates, wools, silks, rayon, etc. I will no longer go to the dry cleaners with my sweaters and will now probably try some of my other garments.

better price than dry cleaning, but...

I don't buy all that many things that have to be dry cleaned, just something I have never really done, but I do have a few pieces that either my mother bought me or my grandmother bought me that have to be dry cleaned.

I hate going to the dry cleaners, and I really hate spending that kind of money, so I thought I would try this Dryel. Okay, so it works in your dryer which I was thinking would be nice, I could get the stuff cleaned and not have to spend as much money or the time to get them dry cleaned.

I tried it with one piece of clothing, and to tell you the truth, I couldn't tell that it had been cleaned. It didn't look any different, it did have a strong smell to it at first, but after hanging a day, I just couldn't tell it had be cleaned and actually didn't feel like it had been cleaned at all. I ended up taking everything to the dry cleaners and throwing away the Dryel.

Maybe others had better luck with it, but I just didn't feel it did anything other than perfume my clothes, so for me I will take the few items I have and drop them at the dry cleaners, at least this way I know they are clean.

Great concept

Comments about Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaning:

The Dryel at home dry cleaning is such a great concept. Who wants to pay such high prices so often to clean their dry cleaning only clothes? The only problem I had with the kit is that there only seemed to be enough cleaner for a few "washes" of one outfit. I figured it ended up costing about the same when you factor in time and convenience. The instructions were simple enough, though I had to read them through a few times to really understand what was going on. I attribute this to the fact that this was my first time dry cleaning anything and I had never heard about the process beforehand. I liked that it was easy enough to do at home, but I would rather have it done at the shop now that I have experienced it myself. The clothes I washed did not have the same professional, pressed look that they do after leaving the dry cleaning store. I will let the professionals do their thing from now on!

Probably wouldn't use this again

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaning:

I have several friends who swear by Dryel At Home Dry Cleaning for "in between" freshening. Their constant praise piqued my interest and so I purchased the product. The first thing I noticed was that I had to pay full price because none of the coupon sites that I checked when prior to going out to buy the product had any dryel coupons. I don't know if this is the typical or if I just chose a bad time to check. That said, it was still not prohibitively expensive to give a try. I followed the directions, deciding to try it out on sweaters. The directions are very straightforward and the process is not at all complex. That is a plus of the product. However, unlike my friends, I did not have the professional like results that they indicated they achieve with the Dryel system. Rather, I didn't really find that my sweaters seemed cleaned nor refreshed at a lever that I thought was acceptable. I ended up taking the sweater to the dry cleaner after my "experiment." I don't know if my clothes were the wrong choice for use or whether they were too soiled for the product to be effective; but, I don't think that I will be selecting this for future home dry cleaning.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaning:

I needed to have some pieces of clothing dry cleaned in a hurry and the local dry cleaners could not do it for me. They recommended I go buy a Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaning kit. I was really skeptical at first, but the need to have the clothes had me buying this dry cleaning kit. I thought the price was comparable to have the same amount of clothing done at a dry cleaners. The directions were easy to follow. The process to get end result was a bit long and tedious. At the end of the stated drying time, I found one garment to be very damp still. I had to hang that piece of clothing on a hanger and let air dry. I had several pieces of clothing to do and it took me all day long because you can only do a couple of items at a time. I didn't like the slightly chemical scent left on the clothes after I finished. The scent disappeared after I had hung the clothes up on hangers and let them hang in the sunshine for a little while. I don't think I would buy this item again or use what I have left.

Not exactly dry cleaning, but it does a decent job refreshing

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaning:

I didn't know what to think of the Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaning upon first seeing it at my local dry cleaner, but I decided to give it a chance. I put a couple of dry clean only garments into the Dryel Bag with a fabric sheet and turned on my dryer. I let the dryer go for a full cycle on warm and after that I removed the bag to see the results. My clothes felt soft and smelled extremely fresh, but there was still a noticeable stain on the lapel of my suit jacket. It had improved greatly from it's original state, but it was still present. I decided to use the spot removing pen that came in the package on the stain. After about 15-20 seconds of going over the stain I put it back in the Dryel Bag and began another drying cycle. When I removed the bag this time I noticed a significant change in the stain. I was practically gone. It was still faintly present, but only under bright light up close. I proceeded to use the spot pen and the fabric sheets on silk fabric shirts and the results weren't so great. My shirts came out feeling and smelling great, but there was still a grease stain that was present. I repeated the drying process once again and it yielded the same results. The Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaning kit does a job of refreshing and cleaning minor stains out of cotton, wool, and acrylic, but not silk.

Not good for whites

from NA

Comments about Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaning:

Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaning is not a good product when it comes to washing white clothes as after using this product for my clothes, the clothes came out appearing yellow and I had to lose three of my most favorite dresses due to this product. It works good when it comes to washing materials like silk which require dry cleaning often and cannot be washed at home. The scent is not pleasant but is just fine. I have never got any irritation after using the fabrics and the quality of the fabric has remained intact after using the product.

I manage to wash sweaters, suits of mine and my husband and other garments and it manages to make ink stains and sweat stains completely vanish without fading the color but only with whites, it does not manage to have the same effect. The fabrics remain soft and clean after being washed many times as well. The product is overall good but a bit pricey.

Think Twice Before Tempting Fate With Dryel

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaning:

Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaning is a great concept in theory but not so wonderful in practice. I bought a kit to try saving money on dry cleaning costs because I like to buy second-hand gowns and resell them online. Often times such dresses were only worn one time for a wedding or prom then donated to a thrift store without having been washed. Formal wear is extremely pricey to dry clean so an at-home kit sounded too good to be true. Unfortunately, it was. Keep in mind that I never attempted to use it on anything sequined or ornate. Just a few simple slinky dresses. I learned right away that it doesn't really clean anything. It just seams to freshen it up a bit. So don't try to use it on anything soiled. It will not remove smells of body odor, cigarettes or cat pee either. On one occasion I opened the bag (that comes with the starter kit) to find that the dryel sheet had actually stuck to the dress while it was in the dryer. When I peeled it away I discovered a pretty hideous watermark-like stain. I actually had to pay for a professional dry-cleaning service to clean up after my attempt at home dry cleaning. Not a proud moment for me. Think twice before tempting fate with Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaning.

Extend the time between dry cleanings with dryel

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaning:

When I bought this, I thought it would save going to the dry cleaners, therefore I would save money. Well, it doesn't exactly work that way. I have found that it does extend the time before I have to take them to the dry cleaners but it doesn't eliminate the need of using a professional dry cleaners.

If and that a big if, the clothes are not really soiled or have that left over body odor, I found that I could take out some lightly soiled places however with the amount of time and cost involved, I am not sure that it is really worth the time, effort, or money. Using the stain removal proved impressive. It did get out things that surprised me like ketchup, hot sauce, and a dab of chocolate. I found that could do spot treating but it had to be done prior to putting them in the dryer.

For the most part I found that the clothes actually smelled better than when they come from the dry cleaners and have them chemical smell. The biggest objection that I had was the work involved and the cost plus pants just need that crease and they simply didn't look pressed.

Great Alternative to the Dry Cleaners

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaning:

I have a few items of clothing that are dry clean only. I ususally do not buy dry clean only clothes as there are no dry cleaners in our area. I bought these by mistake not checking the tag but liked them so I kept them. I decided I would try Dryel as it is supposed to be just as good as the dry cleaners. the clothes I bought were for dressy occassions so I really did not get them dirty so I can't attest to stain removal. I did just throw them in the dryer and they really did seem to come out clean and fresh just as if they had been sent to a real dry cleaners. It is less expensive than a dry cleaner as well which can be a real money saver if you have a lot of items that need to be dry cleaned. I also tried it on a wool blanket since it can't be washed. It came out very nice as well. It has a nice scent. I recommend this for most any clothing item that needs to be dry cleaned although if your item is really stained , I am not sure that it would work. It will save you money on your dry cleaning bill and does the job it should.

Dryel

Comments about Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaning:

This is the absolute best invention every for at home dry cleaning! This product save a lot of time and money since you do not have to take in your dry cleaning as often. I have a few items of clothes that can not be washed in the regular washer and I bought this hoping it would save me some money, it did! You put your clothes in the bag with the pre-moistened towelette and put it in the dryer for a bit. Your clothes come out clean, soft, and smelling wonderful. My favorite thing to put in the Dryel bag is my wool sweaters, they are actually less itchy after using this a few times.

This product is meant for normal wear on clothes, clothes that are a little dingy or slightly dirty. It will not get rid of set in stains or bad stains. My clothes always come out clean, looking brighter, and feeling softer.

It has a really nice clean fresh scent to it. I love how my clothes smell after I use this.

stick to the dry cleaner

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaning:

I was kind of skeptical the first time I saw the Dryel At Home Dry Cleaning Kit. I have a lot of clothes that need to be taken to the dry cleaner but don't always have the time to make it to the dry cleaner in time. Also taking clothes to the dry cleaner all the time is expensive. That is why I decided to take a chance on the Dryel Dry Cleaning Kit.

I have to say that I was a bit disappointed in this product, and it really was too good to be true. While it got rid of odors on my dry clean only clothes and made them smell great, I found that it didn't necessarily clean my clothes very well. I had a stain in a dry clean only item, and it didn't take it out at all. I would say this product is kind of like a Febreze for fabric in a sense, because it adds a scent to your clothes but does nothing to actually make it clean. I'm just happy that it didn't damage my clothes or do anything weird to them.

I wouldn't buy this again, and I'm just going to stick to going to the dry cleaner.

I find that it doesn't remove stains well or at all. I would use this on an item that isn't stained but still needs to be clean after being worn. It's great to use on delicates and dry clean only items. But if you have terribly soiled an item and it needs to be dry cleaned you would be better off going to a dry cleaner. If you need to get a smell like cigarettes or some other smell this will get it out. It makes my clothes smell fresh.

The Dryel has a fresh/clean laundry detergent type scent to it. It doesn't smell like chemicals, or anything bad. It's not very strong either, and it's nothing that's going to bother anyone. I feel like the scent coats your clothes like a perfume or a febreze rather then clean it though.