Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:
Dr. Woods Pure black soap

Dr. Woods Pure black soap

Real Soap

Comments about Dr. Woods Pure black soap:

I first purchased Dr. Wood's Black Soap after reading positive reviews about it on iHerb.com. The soap comes in both bar and liquid, but I have only used the liquid. The liquid black soap is a castile soap with the addition of black soap, caramel color and a light fragrance. The fragrance is quite unique - pleasant and almost old-fashioned, like something you would imagine being used in an old-fashioned barber shop, and is neither masculine nor feminine. Like most of the Dr. Wood's soaps, the black soap comes in regular as well as a Shea Vision for drier skin. I have not noticed that the Shea Vision was particularly moisturizing, but it definitely does not make the skin feel 'stripped' or squeaky dry like some castile soaps.
As far as acne control, I have found that all of the Dr. Wood's castile soaps (I have used the baby mild unscented, black soap, and peppermint) seem to be pretty good at keeping my skin clear, and didn't notice that the black soap was markedly better than the others. The main thing is that they have simple ingredients, are gentle on your skin and get it clean.

• Ease of Application:
  • Convenience:
  • Side Effects:
  • Immediacy:

Wow, Wow, Wow

from Crandall, TX

Comments about Dr. Woods Pure black soap:

I love this soap! The fragrance alone is fabulous, and makes me want to takes 5 or 6 showers a day! You can use it all over, although I have found it isn't the best for my baby fine hair. But for every other ince of your body, it can't be beat.

Did I mention that it smells terrific? It also leaves your skin soft and smooth.