Other Cat Litters:

Pros

Cons

Awesome Litter for Multiple Cats

Comments about Dr. Elsey's Ultra Clumping Cat Litter:

I have three adult cats, and Dr. Elsey's cat litter is the best litter I have ever used. It is virtually dust free. I say virtually; I do not notice any dust at all when I pour it in the box or when I am cleaning it. The litter clumps very well. Its odor controlling ability is far better than any other litter I have used also. It may cost more than some brands, but you are not buying useless dust. Its weight is actually clay litter. So it might just seem more expensive. One draw back is the 40 lb bags are not as easy to handle as litters that come in buckets. You might want to save a bucket or buy a bucket to pour Dr. Elsey's litter into. I never want to go back to any other brand.

Moisture Absorption
The litter is an excellent clumping litter.

It is easy, but you have to maintain as with all litters.

Odor Control
It outlasts any other litter I have ever used.

The big 40 lb bags are not as easy to handle as the smaller 20 lb bags or the buckets other litters come in.

Great Dust Free Litter!

from Amherst, MA

Comments about Dr. Elsey's Ultra Clumping Cat Litter:

I have an asthmatic cat who requires extra special dust free litter and Dr Elsey's seems to fit that requirement. While Dr Elsey's cat litter is fairly expensive, it does have almost no dust just like they advertise. Dr Elsey's cat litter is also totally scent free which is really important for asthmatic kitties as well as the rest of us who are trying to avoid nasty chemicals in our lives. If you have asthma yourself or if you have a kitty that has asthma you will want to avoid dust and chemicals. For that matter if you don't have asthma you will also want to avoid dust and chemicals so that you don't find yourself getting asthma! They think that one of the reasons that asthma is on the rise is because of all the pollutants that we are breathing. So I see no reason to add to the indoor pollution by using a chemical fume, (even if it smells nice it is still a solvent or phalate) in my house.
So I do recommend Dr Elsey's cat litter for your cats :)

Fantastic litter

Comments about Dr. Elsey's Ultra Clumping Cat Litter:

This is the best litter I've tried and my finicky cat LOVES it too. No more out of the box elimination.

Tracks a bit but that is not an insurmountable problem.

No dust, no scent, good odor control.

Moisture Absorption
Clumps well but not as well as Cat's Pride.

No dust but tracks a bit.

I appreciate the thought Dr. Elsey's put into container design - makes it easy to carry. Now, if you could just design it with four wheels and a handle :-)

• Odor Control:

best low dust litter for allergy sufferers

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Dr. Elsey's Ultra Clumping Cat Litter:

I was introduced to this litter a few years ago.  As a cat owner and cat sitter, it is my favorite litter to deal with.  You aren't bombarded by a plume of dust when you pour or scoop it because it's 99.9% dust free.  It's also hypoallergenic with no perfumes or dyes, which as an allergy sufferer are all great traits for me.  The cats love it, and you can go a couple of days without scooping with no real smell escaping as long as you only have a few cats -- I have 2.  It is a little more expensive than a traditional litter, but the benefits outweigh the slight price increase.  I did have to save a large cat litter container because the litter comes in a thick plastic bag, which can get messy if you don't contain it, but I love this litter.

Dr. Elseys Precious Cat Litter is the favorite in our house

from Locust Grove, GA

Comments about Dr. Elsey's Ultra Clumping Cat Litter:

I started using Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract for my 2 kitties when one of them had bladder surgery. She had been urinating on carpets and my vet recommended Cat Attract. It worked to break my cat's bad urinating habits, but the product was quite expensive, so I decided to try Dr. Elsey's other product, this, the Precious Cat Ultra Clumping Litter. Thankfully, both of my cats took to this litter very well, and I've been using it for several years. I like the fact that it doesn't create much dust. It does create some, but nothing like other cat litters I've used in the past. This litter successfully contains waste odors, so you don't have to worry about your house smelling like the litterbox. The litter clumps extremely well, which makes for easy scooping. I buy the 40 pound bag, which is a bit unwieldy, so it is cumbersome to lift and empty into the litterbox. My husband has to help me. That's really the only complaint I have, but I guess I could get a bucket or something to store it in and scoop it out.

Best Cat Litter Ever!!!!!

from York, PA

Comments about Dr. Elsey's Ultra Clumping Cat Litter:

This is by far the best cat litter we have used.  I've never had a cat before so this is all new to me.  My daughter wanted a kitten and all I could think of was that nasty cat urine smell.  We tried several other litters and none of them could hide the smell.   Someone recommended this one to me so I tried it.  What a difference it made.  It is practically dust free which is nice.  My daughter is in charge of changing the litter therefore it does not always get done as often as it should be but there is no odor.  I amazed by the odor control.   It doesn't have the icky perfume smell either.   It is a little more expensive then other brands but very worth the price.  The litter clumps very easily.  My daughter doesn't have any problems cleaning the box now.  We now don't have to do a total clean and dump as often.  The cat does track the litter out of the box but she has done that with all of them.  I would recommend this to anyone who has a cat, kitten or several. Great product!