Other Cat Litters:

Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Cat Litter

Pros

Cons

• Odor Control:

Amazing! I never thought I'd find a solution but here it is!

Okay, so I've owned cats for 2 decades and usually there are 2 - 3 cats in my house. The dust of other litters would gently coat the area around the box, the smell would be minimal for a small amount of time, and training was okay until I'd move the box and then the game of "where'd it go?" would start up.

Dr Elsey's cat litter bot the regular and attract are phenominal!

First I can go longer periods of time between whole catbox changes. That in itself helps justify the little higher cost.

Secondly, there is zero, zilch, nadda dust. I was absolutely stunned that there is actually a regular litter that has no dust. All those paper, pellets, etc. don't contain dust because they are not actual litter. This is truly the real deal but the formula is made so that we can live without the residual powder following the cats out of the box.

Thirdly, the smell gets masked quickly with Dr Elsey's litter. If I am being totally honest, since there are no perfumes added (it's just clean litter) you may have a lingering for a bit longer immediately afterward than other cheaper litters, but it really does work to quickly contain and kill the smell. Just don't be surprised the first few times you walk into the room right after the cat comes out (or about 2 minutes). Depends on your cat too. Does your cat actually bury the "product" or leave it on top. And if the smell lingers too long then it is time for a change altogether.

Finally, it is not hard on the kittens/cats paws. The litter is fine enough that it does not hurt your cats paws, not too rough, but not so fine that it gets stuck in their paws to later be found 10' from the box. The tracking of litter is very low to non-existant.

I've used this litter for 3 years now and I will never go back.

This is just normal litter.

Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Cat Litter is no different than any random litter you can pick up, except it is much more pricey. I bought this when my cat suddenly decided she hated her litter box. I thought maybe this would entice her to use her litter box; however, it did nothing. This litter was just your typical cat litter and did not attract her to the litter box. One thing I did like about this litter was the lack of dust when you poured it.

This litter is EXPENSIVE. I have no idea why it costs so much because it is just your basic litter! I do love that when you pour it there is no dust flying up into your face. The littler did nothing to attract my cat to her box. It did nothing for odor control but it clumped well. Literally, this is just your typical litter. There is nothing special about it and it does not do what it claims.

I do not recommend this litter. You are paying a ridiculous amount for your average cat litter.

Little below average.

No dust when you pour it!

Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Cat Litter works great for training cats

from Canton, OH

Comments about Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Cat Litter:

Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Cat Litter is a must for anyone having issues with cats not wanting to use the litter box. I took in a feral that just could not get used to the idea that he needed to do his business in the litter box. I didn't know what to do because all of the cats that I've ever brought into my home automatically used the litter box once I showed it to them. Not this guy. So I went to the pet store to see if there was anything I could by to help and came across Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Cat Litter. I thought it was worth trying but wasn't convinced it would work. To my surprise it did work! I put some in the litter box showed it to the cat that was having litter box issues and voila! He stepped right into the box, started sniffing around and used the litter box! I was amazed!

Moisture Absorption
I think Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Cat Litter works well at absorbing moisture.

Cleans up easily. Doesn't stick to the litter box at all.

Odor Control
Does well at controlling odor. It isn't perfect, but does well.

Just as easy to use as any other litter.

• Odor Control:

This is just normal litter.

from Kansas

Little below average.

No dust when you pour it!

I get to keep my cat!!

Comments about Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Cat Litter:

We have two cats and they are as different as can be. One would probably use the litter box if it had no litter in it at all....the other seems to view the litter box as optional. Unfortunately, her favorite "option" seems to be anything that she can find that belongs to my husband. And only when he is going to find it before I do :(. He really was at the point of wanting me to find her a new home... and as much as I hated the idea it was getting hard to argue when she pulled his towel off the rod to use as a toilet. And we had tried everything. Except Dr Elsey's. A friend had told me about it a while ago, but honestly, we had tried so many different litters that I really thought the solution couldn't be that easy. I am thrilled to report that it was. We followed the suggestions that come with the litter to the letter and the difference is amazing!! She has had one slip up in 6 months, as opposed to one or two a week before. And the litter is great for what it does too!! It has the best odor control of any litter we have tried and it clumps really hard so there are no smelly bits left behind!!

• Odor Control:

My cat loves it (and so do I)

Comments about Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Cat Litter:

I adopted my cat when she was an adult, and for a brief period, we had some issues with her peeing outside of the litter box while she was adjusting. My mom had recently switched to Dr. Elsey's because she was looking for a better dust free option, and she recommended I try Cat Attract. I'm so glad I did because my cat has been using the litter box without issue ever since, and I feel much better cleaning out her box because my allergies hardly ever act up from dust.

Cat Attract is all natural (clay) and has a "unique herbal blend" which supposedly attract cats to use it and also natural chlorophyll for odor control. I have a sphynx and as a breed they are known to do some stinky poops, and I can honestly say that while this litter doesn't make it smell like roses, it masks any foul scent better than any other litter I have tried. I also think that overall it clumps very well which makes clean up easier and keeps the box cleaner/fresher longer.

Also, each bag comes with a little booklet with litter box tips and coupons for all the Dr. Elsey's products which I really appreciate! Even though it is more expensive than most litters, it is a really high quality litter that I would definitely recommend.

• Odor Control:

Excellent for rescued and newly-adopted cats!

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Cat Litter:

Last July we rescued 2 year-old Antoinette, a gorgeous black cat from local shelter.
Annie was a nervous cat at first, and even after introducing her to four litter-boxes that she could keep for herself (our house is big and she is an "only child"), she STILL kept going anywhere BUT the litter boxes.

I went to an online vet forum and "Cat Attract" was mentioned in almost every thread as a solution for cats who are either too traumatized, un-acclimatized, or rebellious to use the box. We only needed one bag, and were told to mix the Cat Attract with the regular litter (we had Fresh Step) in all four of the litter-boxes.

It was like magic. Apparently the herbal "attractant" makes cat feel in their element and the stressors cease almost immediately. We felt pretty awkward, but never had we been so happy to see a cat use the litter-box.

In all, Cat Attract works as if by magic. We recommend it to everyone who has newly-rescued or adopted cats who are older, and feel scared in their new home. It ALSO works well for multiple cats. We know other cat families who use it as well and they also love it

It clumps naturally like regular mixes.

• Odor Control:

Not worth the high price for what it advertises.

Comments about Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Cat Litter:

I bought this product to try to get my senior cat back to the litter box instead of beside it.
I did everything the instructions said to do and still he would not use the litter box. I also was not that impressed with the scent or texture. It also didn't clump that well.

• Odor Control:

Amazing! I never thought I'd find a solution but here it is!

from Oswego, IL

Comments about Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Cat Litter:

Dr Elsey's cat litter bot the regular and attract are phenominal!

I've used this litter for 3 years now and I will never go back.

Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Rocks Our Rescue

from Pahrump, NV

Comments about Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Cat Litter:

Approximately five years ago, my partner and I started rescuing and fostering abandoned kittens and senior cats with health, neglect, and bad owner issues.  We'd only had a few adult cats before we were given three two day old kittens to raise.  It was a huge learning experience, but one of the best things we learned about was Dr. Elsey's "Cat Attract".  From the minute the kittens were ready to use the litter box, we were using Cat Attract (we also had some Kitten Attract, but with so many cats in the house, we just used Cat Attract for all of them) and the kittens took to it like ducks to water.

Since those early days, we've had dozens of foster kittens and adult cats come through our rescue, and not a single cat has failed to use the litter box properly, even the ones who came to us with "litter box issues".  We now know that when a cat fails to use a litter box properly (assuming they're spayed/neutered), it's generally one of two issues - they either are too obese (from free-fed kibble) to fit into the box (would you want to pee into a teacup?) or they have a bladder infection and need to see the vet.

Cat Attract also works really well as just plain old litter.  It clumps perfectly, doesn't smell of icky perfumes, and absorbs odors well.  We wouldn't use anything else.

The best litter formula for a finicky cat

from Pawtucket, RI

Comments about Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Cat Litter:

Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract litter was a life-saver for my finicky siamese cat. He had a problem with using the catbox. He would use the ordinary litter if it was brand new, if I was watching, if it was in a low-traffic area, if the box had no hood on it, and if no other cat had used it. However, I moved into a multicat household, and also had a baby. With these events, the cat got very anxious. We researched online all of the best ways to make a catbox ideal for multiple cats. We did everything that we could to make the siamese happy, and we referred to the Dr. Elsey's website for all of th tips on making a litter box ideal. Once we followed these tips (also these steps are included in the bag when you buy the litter) and added Cat Attract to the boxes, the cat was much more consistant with his catbox visits. It also was tolerated by the other cats, and it works well with a litter maid system.

Dr. Elseys Precious Cat Attract Litter is 99% dust-free.

from Gilbert, AZ

Comments about Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Cat Litter:

Did you know that cats don't like their litter to have a fragrance? They don't. Try finding a 100% fragrance free litter.  It's not easy. If you have a cat in your house, you probably also deal with the dust from the cat litter that settles everywhere. That's why I am so happy to have learned about Dr. Elseys Precious Cat Attract Litter. There is no dust - even when I pour in a full bag of litter into the litter box. Also, the litter clumps very firmly so you don't have little pieces that break up and are left in the litter.  If you google Dr. Elseys Precious Cat Attract Litter, you will find information about selecting the right litter for your cat. I did - and I'm glad. It's more expensive than most litter but well worth it. Imagine dust-free. Worth every penny.