Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:

Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Peppermint

Pros

Cons

Natural Product With Many Uses

My wife and I share our home with many four-footed furry critters.........dogs and cats. Fleas can be a problem and addressing that problem with the use of toxic chemicals is not an option for us. The use of these chemicals can later create severe to deadly health problems for our pets. If you feel the same way as we do, but need an effective way to rid your pets of fleas, then please try Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castile Soap. We use the liquid form to bathe our pets. This natural product generates sufficient suds to cover your pet. The secret of the flea control is that fleas CANNOT tolerate peppermint oil. As you rinse your pet, you will see dead and dying fleas wash down the drain. It is amazing how fast the peppermint oil works. Once your pet is dry, the lingering scent will help discourage fleas from jumping on board. Be sure that this soap is mild and will not be harmful for you beloved pet.

not for sensitive skin!

I am so disappointed by this product. I bought it because of the natural factor - I do NOT want SLS in my hair or my kids' hair. I bought this thinking it would be great for the kids as well as me - for our bodies and our hair. Well, the first time the boys had it in the tub, it left red welt-looking rashes on their skin! Next time, I used it only on their hair and it left the same thing around their foreheads. So no more for them!

I have been using it myself, and only on my hair, as I got welt-like rashes on my skin as well. At first it seemed to be working well, but now my hair is dry, brittle and extremely ratty! I can't even get a brush through it. I am using the rest of what I have (more than half a bottle) in laundry, as I can't see wasting it considering how much it cost!

I will not be buying Dr Bronner's again, unless it works well for laundering. I'm extremely disappointed and hope that my hair can be saved.

Great Product for the Allergy Ridden Folks

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Peppermint:

I'm allergic to most soaps. I was so disappointed to learnt the company discontinued this product.
I really like this peppermint soap. I can use daily with no fears that I'll get a nasty reaction. It's very invigorating. & cools my skin rapidly. It's so good I use on my tiny dog & his skin stops getting hot spots.
Guss I'll have to get the tree tree type.

Clean, bright smell. ..NO Allergic reaction!

I've used castile soap for ages. The peppermint. Is my favorite.

Clean Perfection

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Peppermint:

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap, and specifically the peppermint scent, is absolutely perfect. The real peppermint is a great way to start your day in the shower, and it's even better poured into a bath every now and then. The scent will really wake you up! And boy, does this soap clean. I was amazed at how much cleaner I felt after showing compared to other soaps. You don't have to worry about the ingredient list either- absolutely pure and safe. There really are so many uses for this soap! I use it for my body, for my hair, (it will take a week or so for the oils in your hair to readjust, but if you push through it, your hair will be back to normal in no time) for my face, and for tons of cleaning. You can even use it to brush your teeth, which I did for a while before finding my current toothpaste! This stuff is pure awesomeness in a bottle! You won't ever regret your purchase- get the biggest bottle you can! You'll be using it plenty.

Perfect Morning Pickup!

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Peppermint:

Dr. Bronner's soap line is really on of the most versatile group of products available. I use it as both a hand and body soap but I know that plenty of people also use it for a household cleaning product. I also feel comfortable using it because I know that the materials used in both the manufacture and packaging of the product are cruelty-free, environmentally safe, and fairly traded. The product quality is also excellent and a little bit of soap goes a long way, which means that one bottle can last for quite some time. In terms of using it as a body wash, this soap is surprisingly gentle and not at all harsh or drying on the skin. The intense peppermint smell is really refreshing in the morning an it makes my skin feel tingly and cool just as advertised! I'm strongly recommending this product for anyone who wants an effective, safe, all-natural soap to use for health and beauty and I'm planning to try it out as a cleaning agent as others on the site have suggested.

I <3 Dr. Bronners Peppermint Soap

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Peppermint:

I love doctor bronners soaps, my mom always surprises me and buys me one as a treat every now and then. She first got me hooked on them when she introduced me to them at the health food store. I love everything peppermint, especially in the summer when it's hot and humid, I need a good pick me up. It left me feeling fresh and clean, and smelling great all day long even when the heat was unbearable. Even though it seems pricey, it's really not. It's concentrated so one bottle lasted me a long time as well. I 100% stand behind this product, especially since they are leaping bunny approved.

It left me feeling fresh all day long, especially in the summer time. I could really tell it was cleaning my skin without leaving that soapy feeling that most bar soaps do.

The main reason why I first bought this product is because I love everything peppermint. This has a strong peppermint scent, that gives you a tingly sensation when I used it.

Love this soap!

from Yoder, KS

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Peppermint:

This is the favorite scent that they make. I have used several of them and keep coming back to peppermint. It has a nice, clean, minty scent. I use it to make our foaming hand soap, our body wash and from time to time I have used it as a shampoo. I also use it in our homemade cleaner.

Invigorating Castile Soap

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Peppermint:

I love using Dr. Bronners Liquid Peppermint Castile soap in the shower as a body wash about once a week. I wouldn't recommend using this soap daily, because it can be a little drying when used too frequently on its own. The peppermint essential oil cools skin in the summer or right after a workout and cool down. The scent is a great way to wake up in the morning. The soap does not contain any SLS and so it doesn't create a huge amount of foam or bubbles when you use it. If I want more bubbles, I use a loofah. The castile soap is so versatile. You can find a ton of recipes online for ways to use it around the house, not just in the shower.

I have used the peppermint scent as my soap for everything on camping trips, road trips and while traveling abroad. If I only want to pack one cleaning item that that is truly all-purpose it can even be used to brush teeth or wash clothes. It's concentrated and two squirts can be added to a bucket of warm water to clean the house. I add essential oils to the mix of water and soap depending on what I will be cleaning. The 32oz size in this scent is usually a better price per ounce than any others offered where I shop but some scents come in gallon sized jugs or larger.

Great for summer months!

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Peppermint:

This amazing soap is great to use especially during the summer season. On very hot days, just hop in the shower or bath and let this soap's cooling effect cool you down. Now, on the flip side, it was a terrible idea for me to use such a soap in the winter season. It was already cold in my house and showering with that stuff just made it even colder. I was shivering like crazy! Other than that, it smells awesome and it works awesomely!

AMAZING PEPPERMINT SMELL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strange, but good

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Peppermint:

A few months ago, a local store was running a promotion and I picked up a bottle of Dr. Brommer's for little more than a song. My four year old son chose the peppermint scent, but it was a little strange for me to use. I know the brand has been around forever, and castille soap is pretty pure and is known to be a product without a lot of chemicals and unnecessary additives. The label is littered with strange sayings and odd quips, which I suppose is part of the charm, but are you supposed to intuit the "18 uses"? (It reminds me a little of the "snake oil" labels of yore...) I checked out the website without much luck, so it sat in my cabinet for a while. Then I ran out of my usual body wash, so I stuck this in the shower. I was surprised at how well it lathers, the clean (but not cloying) scent, and natural feel of my real (gasp!) skin after all was said and done. I even had a sunburn one evening, and it soothed my skin, even as I used it with a scrubby. I suppose I can think of 17 more uses, since that is apparently the deal...

So far, so good. I am not too dirty, but this seemed to do the trick.

Peppermint is always a fresh smell. It is not over the top, but just enough to enjoy.

Everyone needs to try it

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Peppermint:

I love this stuff . Its organic you can even use it to brush your teeth. It is good for everything my boyfriends mom worked at a co op and knew him when it first came out. She said he was awesome and kinda kooky .And when you wash your hair with it it is a very clean feeling you can almost feel the grease and other built up crap removed love it~!

It leaves you feeling super clean and tingly.

Amazing!

An excellent degreaser

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Peppermint:

Though Dr. Bronner's professes to be the end-all of all cleaners, this isn't the case. Every human has different needs. Some have fine hair, some have course, some require moisturizer. I personally find it to dry my hair, so I don't use it for shampooing. I sometimes use it in the wash for its great-cutting abilities as well as washing the car. As a silversmith, I add it to water in a hot crock pot for removing polishing compound – it’s that powerful.

For the described uses.