4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

Paired with the Clarisonic, This Stuff Heals Rashes Immediately

As I said previously in my review about Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castile Soap , long before the days of environmental chanting and the hipness of being green, my family was operating in as much of a chemical free situation as possible. One of the products we used often was Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap. We had various fragrances of Dr, Bronner's Castile Soaps, from Peppermint to Eucalyptus, to Almond, and eventually Lavender. Although Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap selection did not originally include lavender scent, it was around eventually and I used it.

Dr. Bronner's Soaps come in various sizes from 2 oz to one gallon, and if you have ever used it in years past, you might see that there has been a significant change in the way that it works and feels, and this may or may not be good news for you. The great news is that Dr Bronner's Lavender Castile Soap is still made without sodium lauryl sulfate, so it does not strip the skin like sodium lauryl sulfate does. That also means that it won't cut grease for household cleaning as well as it used to, but it still does a good job.

It can be challenging to use in the shower, however, because it comes out quickly and I find it goes to waste more than it used to when too much comes out.

There are many uses for Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap. Here is a list of all of those we or others we know have used it for:

* bathing and showers
* douche
* foot bath
* laundry
* pest spray
* rash proof diaper soap
* floor soap
* makeup brush cleaner
* hair cleansing (although it is a bit harsh for most hair)

**Unique Use For This Soap**

One of the best uses that I have found for Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap in Lavender, however, has been a rather unusual one. There was a rash that I kept getting on my inner leg near my knee. When it showed up, it would last for months and drive me wild with the itching and the torment it was giving me.  Nothing worked, and that was very unusual. Usually I can find a natural method to be rid of most anything. This rash had me stumped.

I looked all over and stumbled upon information that lavender is an antifungal and also that some people found relief from rashes using the Clarisonic cleansing brush, so I decided that I would try using Dr Bronner's Lavender Castile Soap on that rash with the Clarsonic brush. What happened stunned me- in two days, the rash stopped itching, and in a week, the rash was completely gone. I have used Dr. Bronner's Lavender Castile Soap several times on this stubborn rash, and it always goes away in a day or two.

Dr. Bronner's Lavender Castile Soap is good for bug repellant as lavender tends to repel moths and other bugs more than the peppermint, so I also like to use it for gentle washing of natural fibers such as wool or silks- used very diluted.

Dr. Bronner's is easier to find now than it used to be, but it still can be a challenge in some places. We have found Dr. Bronner's Lavender Castile soap at some grocery stores, natural foods stores, and www.drugstore.com and www.vitaminshoppe.com.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Dr-Bronners-Pure-Castile-Liquid-Soap-Peppermint-review-59908

For those who find the Dr Bronner's Peppermint Castile Soap too irritating to sensitive skin, I find that Dr Bronner's Lavender Castile Soap is much less tingly on the skin, yet it still cleans as well and smells wonderful. If you found any of the Dr. Bronner's Castile Soaps too drying in the past, I would encourage you to try it now, as it tends to strip the skin less than it used to although I still need a good moisturizer after using it. Dr. Bronner's Lavender Castile Soap is a good value. A container will last a long time and although it is not cheap, it does serve a lot of purposes, and due to its high concentration, a large container can last well over a year depending on how much you use it.

Dr Bronner's Castile Soap in Lavender is a very pale runny icy amber colored liquid. Compared to years past, the current version is quite runny and not as concentrated as it used to be, however, it is still concentrated, and has many uses. The lavender scent is strong, but not as strong as it used to be. I would say it is about half as powerful as in years past, but it is still nice.

I'm Not Sold

I wish I could say I enjoyed using Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap as much as the other reviewers. I was certainly optimistic when I purchased it in the store. I had heard such great things about it, especially that it is more mild and safer than typical soap. But when I tried to wash my hair with it or to use it as a body wash, I felt as though it left a sticky residue behind. I tried it a couple times and this happened each time. (I had to use apple cider vinegar to remove the residue from my hair!)

I will say, though, that after reading the other reviews, I did not know that the soap can be used to clean the house and can be added to the laundry. So, if I ever give Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap a second chance, I'll be sure to check out these properties. But I'm not sure this will happen soon, since other products work better for me.

I hope that you have a more positive experience than I did, if you do try it.

As I mentioned earlier, it was not so effective for me when I used it as a shampoo and as a body wash.

At least it smelled nice!

great healthy soap

from ohio

Pros

• Attractive Packaging
  • Cleans Effectively
  • Green
  • Kills Bacteria

Cons

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Lavender:

this is a great environmentally safe soap. it has been around for many decades and I proven safe for hundreds of use from bathing to cleaning house. pretty amazing really. you can replace all your hazardous cleaning and bath products with this one super concentrated bottle.
      Castile soap also comes in many scents or unscented so you can customize to your liking. It is a little pricey but a bottle will last you a very long time since a little goes a long way with this soap.

All Natural Great Smelling Versatile Soap

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Lavender:

I have been using Dr Bronner's soap since I was little and we would take it camping. It is amazing and so versatile. The bottles are concentrated, and a little goes a long way. You can get a foaming bottle and add a little soap to a bottle full of water for an effective hand wash soap. It can be used as a general all purpose cleaner in the house, and I have also used it as a shampoo with great results. It lends well to travel because of its multiple uses. For any of these uses i would recommend following instructions on how to dilute it, or experimenting or you may be left with a soapy film if you get it too strong. One bottle will last quite awhile so it is worth the cost to me. What I love best though is the knowledge that it contains no toxic chemicals, or anything that would make my child's sensitive skin break-out.

It is very gentle while still being an effective cleaner.

Lavender is my favorite smell, and this soap keeps its scent very well because it uses pure essential oils not artificial chemicals

A Good Simple Liquid All-Purpose Soap

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Lavender:

I have this in my bathroom in the hand soap container. I bought it to use for my shower, but I find the scent is a little overwhelming. It is a good soap that can be used for a myriad of uses. It is a good bath soap, and can even be used as shampoo and face wash. It is best to use a conditioner after using castile soap as shampoo, because it will take all the product build-up out of your hair. It is also a good soap for hand-washing delicates, and it can be used in the washer, as well. Read the label, you will see all the uses they recommend!

This is a very effective soap. It is made of all good ingredients and it gets everything clean and free of residue. I use castile soap for all sorts of things in my house and I feel comfortable using it.

This particular scent, Lavender, is a bit too strong for my taste. But this soap comes in so many other scents, that you can really pick and choose as your mood dictates. I really enjoy the peppermint scent for my morning shower. It wakes me up and if I use it as shampoo, it makes my scalp tingle. I really enjoy it. I like the Lavender as hand soap in the bathroom, it doubles as air freshener when I wash my hands.

You won't believe the things you can clean with it!

from Lilburn, GA

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Lavender:

OMG this soap is wonderful! Great scent, cleans well, is gentle, and natural! What more can you ask for? and it cleans almost everything. It seems a little costly, but a little goes a long way, so it is actually pretty economical.

It cleans almost everything...just check out the list on the bottle.

The lavender scent is heavenly!

Great soap for men's sensitive skin

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Lavender:

I have searched far and wide for a body wash that I can continuously use throughout the year without it irritating my skin or drying it out completely. Every winter my skin becomes dry and itchy, and during the summer it becomes much oilier. I have tried soaps labeled "sensitive skin" and they still give me slight irritations. I finally stumbled upon Dr. Bronner's soaps. I tried every scent of it and I loved all of them. The lavender one works perfectly for me because I shower at night and not the morning. The lavender actually helps me calm down and relaxes me before I sleep at night. I have used it in the morning, and it does not make me fall asleep again, but I prefer to use this scent at night. Like all Dr. Bronner's soaps, it comes out a bit thin and watery. You have to use to a sponge or loofah. Pouring this directly into your hands will result it most of it to be on the floor at feet. Expensive, but worth it. I recommend this product.

I feel squeaky clean

Helps calm me down after a long day

Wonderful soap

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Lavender:

I love this soap and I have been using it for over ten years.  I have a bottle in my shower and one by the sink for hand washing.  A little goes a long way.  I like the smell of the natural lavender it's so fragrant.  I also like the texture of the soap.  I would sometimes add the soap to my laundry to get the lavender scent on my towels. I have also used this soap for hand washables in the sink too.  It does clean the clothing well.  It's also all natural which I like.  I have also used the soap to wash my tile floor.  My skin feels so smooth after washing with this soap. My hands are never dried out even with constant washing.   I have used the soap in the bath for soaking and I felt great.  My body feels sneaky clean after use.  You will love this natural soap.  Just never ever get this soap into your eyes.  They will burn really bad. I have also tried using the soap as a shampoo and I must say that your hair will feel clean and smell nice too.

I'm Not Sold

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Lavender:

I hope that you have a more positive experience than I did, if you do try it.

At least it smelled nice!

Great for cleaning and disinfecting.

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Lavender:

I don't know if everyone knows this, but lavender has disinfecting properties, so using this soap to wash, clean, and wipe your counter tops is a healthy way to clean your home. No bad side effects from harsh chemicals, just pure lavender scent. Lavender is our second favorite scent from this line, and we use it specifically for cleaning the house even though it's gentle enough to clean your body and hair, too.

We've had no issues with cleanliness (with regard to our health) after using this produce to clean our kitchen and bathroom for years. It leaves things spotless and deep down clean at a bacterial level. It's safe to use around children. I would suggest that you make sure things are dry before letting cats touch it since they can be sensitive to essential oils, but at least lavender is the least toxic to them. We like the fact that you can dilute it as little or as much as you want. Where we cut raw meat in the kitchen and around the toilet we use the strongest solution, and then dilute it even more and keep it in a spray bottle to use on other appliances. It even cleans glass and mirrors without streaking!

Lavender isn't my favorite scent, but it's not harsh and it's not too strong. It dissipates quickly enough for anyone who's chemically sensitive. If scent bothers you and you plan to use it on your person, then you might want to get it unscented or his baby formula. It's a great product regardless!

Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Liquid Lavender Soap is so VERSATILE

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Lavender:

Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Liquid Lavender Soap is one of the most versatile products I have ever used in my life. It seems that it can be used on almost anything! When you think about it, we don’t really need different soaps for every thing we use soaps for. There are some products that are more effective than Dr. Bronner’s for certain jobs. But overall, this stuff can be used for almost anything with some amount of good results.

Of course the greatest thing about this soap is the smell. It is the best lavender smell! It does not smell like lavender soap. It actually smells like lavender! It’s GREAT!.

I have used it as a laundry soap with limited results. The smell is great. But it didn’t rinse out of my laundry that well. When I opened the washer, suds were still present. It required a second rinse. It’s great for washing sheets and towels. The smell stays in the sheets and towels! I love it!

I tried it once as a shampoo and, again, the smell was fantastic. But my hair felt a little dried out after I used it. I probably won’t use it as shampoo again.

The last thing I wanted to mention was the great label on the bottle. Even if you don’t love the soap, you will enjoy reading all the info on the label. Give it a try!

Great soap!

from Richmond VA

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Lavender:

I really love Dr. Bronner's soap! Not only does this smell wonderful, but it is so pure and natural and I love using it for my family. I was even able to use it to make my own homemade shampoo, and it worked better than anything else I have used! I highly recommend this soap for families that like to keep things natural in their household, and especially for those who love the scent of lavender!

This soap works beautifully! It does a great job of cleaning, works really well in homemade shampoo, and is just generally a great household soap to keep on hand. I really loved it.

I am a sucker for all things lavender, and I was so happy to see that not only does this soap have a lovely lavender scent, it actually smells like REAL lavender instead of that fake, overly floral "lavender" perfume used in so many products these days. This smells like a field of the freshest lavender and I love it!