4.9

4.9

Pros

Cons

Nice Scent For A Pretty Gentle Liquid Soap IF USED CORRECTLY

We have been using Dr Bronner's Soap for so long that it is hard to remember how many years exactly. Back when we first started using it, it was almost impossible to find anywhere, unless our local natural foods store ordered it for us.

The texture of Dr Bronner's Castile Liquid Soap has changed over time, but the performance is still nice.

We have had a bottle of every scent of Dr. Bronner's ever made, including Almond. Although it is not a scent often associated with personal products as a bath scent, it is an invigorating scent to use.

The key to using this soap is reading the label on the bottle. Although it can be a daunting task, if you find the use you want to use it for and then follow the dilution ratios, you will have better results. Keep in mind this is not designed to be used full strength in most applications. Full strength will dry out skin, brushes, hair, or anything else it is used on that is organic in nature.

I have dry skin and this works beautifully for me if used diluted. A 16 oz bottle lasts a very long time in my house despite using it for almost everything. My son is so fond of it that he bought his own bottle of Peppermint to use.

Here is a list of ingredients for Dr Bronner's Castile Almond Liquid Soap:

**INGREDIENTS**

*Water, sponified organic coconut and organic olive oils (w/ retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, natural bitter almond fragrance, sea salt, citric acid, and vitamin E.*

Using various dilutions of this soap, I have used it for hand soap (diluted down 1 to 4), for cleaning makeup brushes (same 1 to 4 dilution), dish soap, laundry soap (not my favorite use), floor soap, and very diluted for soap for my son's hair who has oily hair. It works nicely and a little goes a long way.

I happen to love the almond scent of this soap. My family prefers the peppermint, lavender, or my own custom mix where I got unscented and added my own essential oils.

Just a wordy way to say soap.

I was moderately disappointed with this. I guess I should have put a little more thought into spending so much on a bottle of soap. It looks very official, and special with the old fashioned label covered in so much text, like there's so much to be said about it! So it must be good! I totally fell for it, and I expected too much. It dried out my skin so badly I had to hide out for a few days! It's fair trade, so if that's important to you, you might like that it's available at the chain stores. I did like the consistency. It wasn't a gel or a watery liquid, it was somewhere in the middle... kind of like dish soap. The smell was okay, but it wasn't the almond scent I was expecting. I thought it smelled more like vanilla, or a pastry. It was given away.

If you have really oily skin this might work for you, but be warned: over drying your skin will make it oilier in the long run.

It smelled good, just not almond.

Maybe

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Almond:

I had great expectations for this product, after running into references for it in multiple blogs, as an ingredient to all sort of recipes for homemade lotions and cosmetics. Now, after having gone through the whole bottle (btw, good prices in Whole Foods and MOMs), I don't know if I will get another one...
It is effective, and it feels mild. I also like the smell. It would have made me overlook the bottle's bizarre personality. BUT... it does dry my skin, and it is too runny to be conveniently used in pumps, resulting in a mess around the pump that needs to be cleaned on a regular basis. Plus, I am not sure if the price is worth it.
The reason I think I will eventually get another bottle is its use in recipes, mainly for something like a homemade baby lotions (that was one nice experiment, but I need to check if it can be done using the bar version of it). But using it on its own... probably not.

Just a wordy way to say soap.

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Almond:

It smelled good, just not almond.

Excellent product with a very clean smell!!

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Almond:

There is no question that Dr. Bronners is effective. The smell is incredible. I appreciate the "clean" smell that is left on the skin. The natural Almond essence does not linger for long and what is left is an undeniable smell of clean. The soap leaves your skin feeling clean. Best of all, there is no denying that the soap is good for you and the environment. There are no harsh chemicals used in the soap's creation. Better still, Dr. Bronners has multiple uses as indicated on the label. It is a workhorse of a soap and while it may be a bit more expensive, it is worth it when you consider all of the benefits listed above. It is good for you and for the environment. I have also used the peppermint and the lavender scents. I love them all. They all clean incredibly well and the scents are excellent, not overpowering and very very clean smelling. The lavender is relaxing and the peppermint is invigorating. The almond smells wonderful. I recommend the soap!!!

A little bit will clean a LOT

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Almond:

I have recently joined the ranks of 'crunchy moms' who are trying to lead a more natural lifestyle. It hasn't been easy with the price of organic products triple the price of others. However when I heard that Dr. Bronner's Castile soap could help acne, I decided to give it a go.

I have been plagued with cystic acne for as long as I can remember, and it always appears in times of great stress. Well right now is one of those times. I have only been using the liquid soap for a week and already my skin feels so much healthier. The acne on my face is starting to fade and the smell is just delightful.

Reading more about Liquid Castile soap I realized I can use it for pretty much anything! Going to be trying some of the other uses soon. Even going to bring a small tub of it camping this summer, since we can use it for dishes, laundry, faces, bodies, and pretty much anything! I honestly wish I would have known about this miracle soap earlier.

Magic!

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Almond:

The good: Dr. Bronner's liquid soap is a mild, natural soap that can be used all over your body and which has an excellent scent to it. I have used it as my daily shower soap, as hand soap, and even as shampoo. I have even hand-washed a shirt with it, in a pinch. It is very effective at cleansing without being harsh or leaving behind a residue.

The bad: it is a really thin, runny formula. Not that this is that much of a downside, but it does mean that I frequently use more than I'd like because it just comes pouring out of the bottle as soon as I give it the tiniest squeeze. This makes it so I have to buy the product more often, because I'm accidentally wasting a little most times that I use it. Also, while it can be used as a shampoo, I would not use it that way every day for my fine hair, which needs a little more moisturizing help. The only other complaint I have is that I live in a rural area, and it can be difficult to find this product outside of overpriced health food stores. I have to order online, unless I want to pay a lot more than seems fair.

A gentle cleansing soap.

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Almond:

I am not usually a big fan of organic products, but I am impressed with this castille almond soap by Dr. Bronner, and I find quite a bit of uses for it. As far as a body and facial wash, it smells great, rinses away clean without leaving my skin feeling tight or dry, and a little bit of it goes a very long way. I also like to use it as a moisturizing shave gel, I find that it gives me a really close shave too. If I want some extra clarifying for my hair, I will even add a touch of it to my regular shampoo for a very deep clean. It leaves my hair bouncy and not at all weighed down. I do not recommend using it straight as a shampoo itself though, as it might be a bit too drying for hair to use alone. Another great use for it is to clean all of my makeup brushes ad applicators. It makes for a very strong cleaner that does not dry my brushes out but gets them so clean. I use it about once a week for that.

All purpose soap

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Almond:

I was given Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap by my mother because she thought it would be effective on my sensitive skin. The first thing that I noticed about this product is that it came in a huge 32 ounce bottle. This is a good thing, but after my first use I am a little worried that I'll use too much soap based on the top design. When I turned the bottle on its side the soap just pours out effortlessly so I have to be extra careful. The soap is very watery, but it makes a nice lather. This soap washes away very easily and didn't leave any residue on my skin. This soap left my skin very moist and smooth afterwards. This soap had no negative effects on my sensitive skin. It actually calmed down my previous outbreak from another soap. I have even used this soap as a shampoo and it left my hair very soft and shiny. I would definitely recommend Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap to anyone looking for a truly remarkable soap that has no drawbacks.

This website is actually what got me to try Dr. Bronner's soaps!

from Wisconsin

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Almond:

I am so happy to be able to add my review to this Dr. Bronner soap. I had initially tried this because of what I read about it on this site. The fact that it is not so full of chemicals like other soaps was one of the biggest reasons to try it as well. I LOVE IT! Thank you to all the Viewpoint viewers out there who reviewed this. This almond was is my favorite because of the scent. The lilac one is nice, too, but I just like this almond smell better. In the end, this soap is SO MUCH CHEAPER than others because a little goes a long, long ways. It's very easy to find, too. I bought mine at Target. One nice thing is that it's so gentle on my skin, and I don't worry about my kids using it on their skin. It seems very gentle. I am going to stock up on this stuff as soon as other soaps in our house is all gone. I am having a lot of fun trying out different kinds of all-natural soaps. I have a lot of fun trying out different types of toiletries anyways, but this particular brand of Dr. Bronner's is at the top of the list for me. I think this is one of the first times I've rated a product a 10.

Excellent Liquid Soap

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Almond:

The best feature of this castile based liquid soap is that a few drops goes a long way. A bottle of this soap will last for several months in my house hold when used in a efficient manner. I prefer to exchange the regular top with a dispensing pump top in order to avoid spillage and over usage. This castile based liquid soap has such a rich lather, cleans my skin exceptionally well and has a very nice sent. The scent is very pleasant and not overwhelming at all. The soap is not harsh or irritating and in a way it seems like it is dissolving the dirt from my skin. I have the occasional dry skin and this liquid castile soap provides the best moisture for the dry areas. I've used this soap on my sink counter top as a hand soap and also as a bubble bath and as a shower gel. And I must say that the results have been excellent each time. This Almond Castile Liquid Soap is one of many Dr. Bronner products that I have used in my home and I must say they are all excellent products. I highly recommend this soap.

Smells great!

from Voorhees, NJ

Comments about Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap - Almond:

I really love all of the Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soaps, but I think that the almond scent is definitely my favorite. This soap is a very runny liquid, and a little seriously goes a long way. Just a few drops on a loofah or washcloth foams up enough to wash your whole body. The soap leaves you squeaky clean, but never dries out your skin. It also never leaves a weird residue behind. The scent might be my favorite part though, it smells like delicious almond oil.

I love using this soap in the shower because it makes the whole bathroom smell like almonds, but it has a lot of other uses too. Put a few squirts in an empty soap pump and fill the rest with water and you have the cheapest hand soap ever. The soap is also gentle enough to use in your baby's bath. There are some people that use Dr. Bronner's for washing their hair and laundry, and even brushing their teeth! ( I haven't been brave enough to try that one). The label says you can use it to wash your car, too, so I guess this really is an all in one product!