Other Misc. Cleaning Products:
Downy
Downy Wrinkle Releaser

Downy Wrinkle Releaser

Releases me from having to iron clothes! Thanks, Downy!

***Quick View***: I am not into ironing clothes and, in fact, often shun cotton clothing because i know it wrinkles like crazy. I will iron when pressed (Get it? Ha) but would rather never haul out the iron and ironing board.** Downy Wrinkle Releaser** has saved me the trouble of ironing almost all of my wrinkles clothes. What a time saver!

***My Take on Downy Wrinkle Releaser***

This amazing spray comes in a 33.8 ounce trigger spray bottle. I believe they also sell a travel sized bottle but I just pour some into a small spray bottle for travel. It contains only Fiber Relaxers, Water, Quality Control Agents, and Perfume. The scent is subtle and fresh, like clothes just out of the dryer.

I just spray the clothing lightly, smooth it out with my hand, then hang it up for a couple of minutes to dry. Wrinkles are gone in minutes! I can't believe how effective this stuff is! I have used it on cotton, synthetics, and most other fabrics. I have not used it on silk for fear of staining but it has never stained any of the clothes I used it on.

**Downy Wrinkle Releaser** is a must for me on vacation. Clothes in suitcases always wrinkle and can small a little ... musty. This product zaps wrinkles and freshens my clothes and I never have to touch an iron. It does take a couple of minutes to dry but I treat my clothes, put my makeup on, and they're ready to wear. I haven't really come across anything that **Downy Wrinkle Releaser** couldn't handle. Naturally, if something if super wrinkled, it may not come out completely crease free. But in general on typical clothing, this stuff is miraculous.

**My Viewpoint**

Rarely does a product live up to all its claims but **Downy Wrinkle Releaser** does. Naturally, it can't release all wrinkles from all fabrics but, in general, it works extremely well. It saves me time and the fear of burning clothes (I burn everything), and makes my clothes fresh and wrinkle free. My sons use it and love it. They always look crisp these days. 5 stars. Love it.

Its a nice idea from Downy, Other things work too for the cost

I HATE to iron & this is a really nice idea. Having that said a simple spray bottle of water will do the same thing. If you just want to refresh the smell of your cloths add a cap full of softener to a big spray bottle of water. Cost a lot less & you get the same results. So a nice as the idea is its just not practical for our family's budget.

Works just as good as an ironing.

Comments about Downy Wrinkle Releaser:

This Downey wrinkle released has been an absolute life saver for me. I hate ironing so much that I think I'm allergic to it. When this stuff first came out I bought it right away and was so happy to learn that it really worked well at getting the wrinkles out of your clothing and left your clothes smelling refreshed as well.

Great for college students!

Comments about Downy Wrinkle Releaser:

This product is really great for anyone living in a dormitory or residence hall where irons and ironing boards are not permitted. This stuff really does work pretty well, so there's no excuse for being wrinkled! As long as you follow the instructions on use and pull the wrinkles out of the garment. but, It has kindof a weird smell but that goes away once it's dry. I usually will use this stuff the night before and hang the clothing item while i spray it and pull in both directions to get the wrinkles out, I come back to it one or a few times once it's dried to get any spots that I missed, especially if i have an important reason to look nice and pulled together. As far as I've noticed this product hasn't left any stains on most of my clothing. with the exception of one synthetic top, but once i washed it the spots went away. overall I would recommend this product for college kids and fellow lazy people!

downy spray on wrinlle releaser.

from Herman, NE

Comments about Downy Wrinkle Releaser:

Downy spray on wrinkle releaser is a great product. It works on most clothing.
Some good points of this product are:
- it has a nice light smelling fragrance
- it saves tons of time vs using an iron
- can be taken anywhere and takes up minimal space
Some negative points for this product are:
- it is a little expensive per bottle when a family uses it.
- it wets your clothes and when dewrinkling heavy clothing such as jeans and sweaters it uses lots of the product and you have to wait for it to dry.
- there is only one fragrance I have found. Not much to choose from for smells.
- I have only found 2 sizes. Large anda travel size.
Overall I feel this is a convenient and ingenious product that could be expanded into a great line of products. There could be more smells to choose from as well as a larger variety of sizes to choose from. However i still feel this is a great product that i would recommend to others to try.

No more Downy Wrinkle Releaser for me. Ever.

Comments about Downy Wrinkle Releaser:

I read countless positive reviews for this product, so I got some. I followed the minimal directions and it stained my good suits. Now I have two almost wrinkle-free but
stained garments. It would have been cheaper to just go get them pressed. Now I have to hope the stains come out, or they're both ruined. Thank you Downy. Not.

Downy to the Rescue!

from Norcross, GA

Comments about Downy Wrinkle Releaser:

I have been traveling a lot lately for work and I always forget to leave enough time to iron my clothes before my meetings. I'm not a big ironer at home and I hate having to deal with that while I'm on the road. A friend suggested that I try the Downy Wrinkle Releaser so I bought a travel sized bottle and - wow! - she was so right. It does usually take a lot of spray so I keep a large bottle at home and refill the travel sized bottle as necessary, but I have been saved on a number of occasions. I also like that it has a pleasant smell that often lingers long enough to make me feel like I'm wearing right out of the dryer clothes. You'd never guess that my clothes aren't ironed, just sprayed!

Time Saver!

Comments about Downy Wrinkle Releaser:

I love this product! The Downy Wrinkle Releaser is such a time saver! All I have to do is spray it on my damp shirts and pants, hang them up and when they dry there are no wrinkles! No more ironing for me! I am so excited about this product! A definite time saver for moms, working moms and dads, college students, ect.. I definitely recommend this product! I always buy a few bottles everytime I shop so I never run out! Do not go without this product!

Keep your laundry wrinkle-free when you travel.

from Jacksonville, NC

Comments about Downy Wrinkle Releaser:

Downy Wrinkle Releaser has no real purpose for day-to-day living, however if you travel, it is a definite must-have. To use it, simply hang up your garmet and spray the Downy Wrinkle Releaser all over it. Then, lightly tug and pull at the edges of the clothing. I run my hand gently along the fabric to help smooth it out, and VOILA! Wrinkles are gone.

The only time I have ever found a need to use this product is when we travel, but it is a real lifesaver for that purpose. The bottle says that it is also great for reducing static, but I tried that at home and didn't find that it worked. Still, it is so good at removing wrinkles I am giving it a good rating.

Another good feature about Downy Wrinkle Releaser is that it has a nice clean scent, but is not overpowering. No one would walk by you and know that you sprayed your clothes down with a laundry product.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Ambler, PA

Comments about Downy Wrinkle Releaser:

I love that you can easily spray your clothing and the wrinkles come right out. I am not a fan of the iron and with two small kids I frankly do not have the time, but this does the job quite nicely. It leaves behind a little bit of a clean smell, but not too strong that it overpowers.

Easy and Quick Wrinkle Remover without ironing/steaming

from Long Island, NY

Comments about Downy Wrinkle Releaser:

I bought a small 3 oz. bottle of Downy Wrinkle Releaser and have been using it on my comforter in the morning when I make my bed. Since I seem to get a lot of wrinkles on my comforter during the night, it looks very wrinkled in the morning. I decided to give this downy wrinkle releaser a try and it works great. You just spray a little on the comforter and pull it gently and the wrinkles actually disappear. The scent is really nice also. It can also be used on clothes as well.

Who is still ironing ?

from Cape Canaveral, FL

Comments about Downy Wrinkle Releaser:

Coming from Europe where everything and everything is ironed (yes, blue Jeans as well) on my first shopping trip I bought an iron and an ironing board. That was 12 years ago.
Today: I use downy wrinkle releaser and my friends keep teasing me: "Are you really still ironing ?" LOL.Obviousle, I'm not. Thanks for that wonderful product.