Other Misc. Cleaning Products:
Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster

Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster

Pros

Cons

Great product, but with this scent booster, less is much more!

Like most other people, I like for my laundry to smell fresh and clean, and I like it when the fragrance lasts for more than just a couple of days. The thing is, I am not at all fond of scented products that are so strong that they are overpowering and drown out the scents of my perfume, body sprays, scented bath products, etc. My 4 sons and husband are worse than me when it comes to laundry products that smell more like perfume than fabric softener or scented detergent. They don't like smelling "girly" at all. That is my family's only problem with **Downy UNSTOPABLES in Wash Scent Booster**. Keep in mind that sometimes less is more, be conservative when you use this scent booster, and I think you'll love it.

I bought a bottle of the "Fresh" scent of **Downy UNSTOPABLES** and used it as directed. It is basically little beads that you add to your washing machine's drum, along with your detergent and fabric softener. It gives the fabric softener a super "boost", just as it claims it will. You can use as much or as little as you prefer--in my opinion, 'less is much more' when it comes to this product.

If you use too much of this in your wash, your laundry will be sickeningly sweet. It's a little hard to not use too much of it because I sort of feel like I should squeeze the bottle and fill up the entire cap with the little beads. I have learned to FIGHT THAT URGE! It only takes a very small amount of Downy UNSTOPABLES to make laundry very soft and very nicely scented, and that softness and scent lasts a long, long time.

It may take you a couple of loads to figure out the perfect amount of these little beads you prefer for your laundry, but once you get it down to a science, I think you will love the product and the softness and nice, fresh scent it provides. I absolutely recommend it.

Downy has done it again! 5 stars!!!

Not impressed with this new product.

I just wanted to share my experience with the new Downy Unstopables In wash scent booster. I have washed 3 loads with it (2 loads of towels and 1 load of bed sheets) and the scent disappeared after I took the items out of the dryer. I followed the directions exactly. I thought the scent was supposed to remain until the items were rewashed or at least that is what the commercial states. Also I have a small child and while I keep all cleaning products and laundry products out of her reach I found the container to be very easy to open and the scent beads to look a lot like candy. I was worried for the safety if this product were left in reach of a small child. I will still continue to buy other Downy products such as dryer sheets and fabric softener liquid but I was not impressed with this new product.

Unstoppable of smelling amazing

from Slidell,la

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Efficient
  • Simple Instructions
  • Smells amazing

Cons

• Home
    • Laundry Room

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

These unstoppable downy boosters give me life! I recieved them for free to review from influencster in the goddess voxbox and ever since ive been hooked!! These and the pink ones( i got pink ones in my voxbox but dont remember the scent lol) i only use a half of cup (the top) and after they are dried, my clothes smell like they were sent from heaven. I was clothes weekly but wanted to see how long the scent would last so i picked a shirt and a pair of pants. I washed them with the scented booster n put them up, A WEEK IN A HALF later they still smelled amazing!!

Smells so good!

from LaPlace, LA

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

I received samples of this which made me buy a full sized bottle. Like everyone, I suppose, I want my laundry to smell fresh after it is washed/dried. And I am not talking about right after. I want to pull something out the closet and smell the freshness. This happens slightly with just detergent/fabric softener but it is very very faint. Unstopables smells freshly laundered well after it has been put away. I love putting on a comfy sweater or nightshirt and smelling that fresh scent. It is wonderful.

The best thing is I use this on my dog pillows, covers, and blankets. Talk about keeping my house smelling fresh. I love my pets but I do not love dog smell. And dog smell happens in the winter because it is cold and baths are less frequent. Using unstopables helps immensely with this. It keeps their pet areas smelling fresh, therefore no dog smell lingering in the house. Of course groomers cologne and "cat baths" help as well.

Easy to use and you don't need much. My laundry room and parts of the house near the laundry room smell amazing while I am doing one of my many chores.

It is a bit overpowering at first but it almost has to be in order to stay smelling that good for as long as it does.

Smells great

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

I love Downy unstoppable, The fresh scent it leaves on your towels and clothes is so fresh smelling. Even if you put it in a linen closet, drawers or closet, the scent will last for many weeks. I have tried all the other products that say they do the same thing but they really don't work as good.

What is the Purpose?

from Upland, CA USA

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

I decided to try the Downy Unstopables because I like the Downy softener product so much. I will admit that it did leave my laundry with a clean scent. The main problem of the scent is that it was pretty strong at first which my husband didn't like. He didn't like smelling like a soft flowery bunch of daisies. You don't even want to know what my teenage son said about the smell. This would be fine for my towel and sheets though, but I am not about to spend the extra money on just those few items, when the Downy softener alone leaves a mild, fresh scent. Secondly, the strong UNSTOPABLES scent faded pretty quickly, therefore my husband should be happy, but what is the point of this product? I did not see any difference in cleaning so the only purpose is to make the laundry smell good. A waste of money for men and women who wear perfume. Ultimately for my family, this product is a total waste of money.

Downy Unstopables

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

Downy Unstopables Fresh In-Wash Scent booster is amazing!! The price of this product deterred me from purchasing this for awhile but a friend recommended it to me so I decided to give it a try! It was easy to use just pour it into the washing machine along with the clothes and the detergent. It made my clothes smell so amazing, I almost couldn't believe it! The scent stays on my clothes for weeks on end and makes them smell like they just came out of the wash even if it's been hanging in the closet for awhile. I'm really big on scent so I love Downy Unstopables! It also makes my entire closet smell good cause of the nice clean clothes hanging up inside of it. I tell all my friends about this product because they always talk about how great my clothes smell. This works well with every detergent I have used so far and it doesn't set off my sons or my mothers allergies and they are sensitive to a lot of scents. It also does not leave any residue on clothes and doesn't leave a mess in the washing machine and it doesn't irritate the skin. Definetly recommend!

LOVE IT!!!

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

I love this stuff! Me and my husband are both "sweaty sleepers" and sweaty everything else, as you can imagine our clothes, especially workout clothes, our sheets and for sure the pillow cases get smelly easily. I am constantly doing laundry or spraying fabric refreshing stuff on the bed. I bought this to see if the claim "freshness that lasts for weeks" was true. It absolutely is! I washed all the bedding the first day (over a week ago) and the sheets STILL smell like the little bead things, just like the moment they came out of the washer. I also washed all the towels, I never realized my towels also stank, until they didn't anymore. We also have a cat and a rabbit, and rabbits are smelly, so everything that was animal smelly I washed and now the whole house smells fresh and clean! Plus anytime I add it to the laundry the whole house smells good!
    The only reason I hadn't bought these until now is because I thought they were beads and since I have an old washer and wash with cold water I wasn't sure if they would all dissolve or if they might gunk up my washer, but they are like the yogurt on pretzels. They're very soft and haven't caused my washer any problems.

Makes your laundry smell so good!

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

I can not praise this product enough!!! I am obsessed with this product! It makes your laundry even softer and smell so good! I love that I can hang my laundry in my closet and the aroma fills my closet! (I have a pretty big closet!) I also love that I can can put it in my drawers and after weeks of being washed when I go to put on my clothes they still have that fresh out of the dryer smell!! This is the best laundry product scent wise out there!

Best product ever invented

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

I love the downy unstoppables. While washing clothing, my basement has a wonderful smell due to the unstoppables and the scent just carries on to my bedroom closet and drawers. I love washing my blankets to keep my room smelling wonderful for months!

Use sparingly, that's a lot of scent!

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

this is an interesting idea, but the implementation of it just didn't work out. The problem is that the scent is so strong, it is just overpowering. If you put in the amount of what the bottle says, your clothes will smell from 4 feet away. If you use a very small amount, it's fine, but just use very sparingly.

Long lasting scent for laundry that is added to the wash water.

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

This has a fresh, clean scent that lasts a long time. My biggest complaint about fabric softeners has been that they disappear after a day or two. Not this product. It lasts for weeks at a time. I would recommend this to anyone that wants to freshen up their clothing.