Other Misc. Cleaning Products:
Laundry Detergent
Downy
Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster

Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster

Pros

• Easy to use (11)
  • Good power output (9)
  • Simple instructions (9)
  • Efficient (7)

• Cleaning (6)
  • Home (6)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Meticulous cleaner (6)

Great product, but with this scent booster, less is much more!

Like most other people, I like for my laundry to smell fresh and clean, and I like it when the fragrance lasts for more than just a couple of days. The thing is, I am not at all fond of scented products that are so strong that they are overpowering and drown out the scents of my perfume, body sprays, scented bath products, etc. My 4 sons and husband are worse than me when it comes to laundry products that smell more like perfume than fabric softener or scented detergent. They don't like smelling "girly" at all. That is my family's only problem with **Downy UNSTOPABLES in Wash Scent Booster**. Keep in mind that sometimes less is more, be conservative when you use this scent booster, and I think you'll love it.

I bought a bottle of the "Fresh" scent of **Downy UNSTOPABLES** and used it as directed. It is basically little beads that you add to your washing machine's drum, along with your detergent and fabric softener. It gives the fabric softener a super "boost", just as it claims it will. You can use as much or as little as you prefer--in my opinion, 'less is much more' when it comes to this product.

If you use too much of this in your wash, your laundry will be sickeningly sweet. It's a little hard to not use too much of it because I sort of feel like I should squeeze the bottle and fill up the entire cap with the little beads. I have learned to FIGHT THAT URGE! It only takes a very small amount of Downy UNSTOPABLES to make laundry very soft and very nicely scented, and that softness and scent lasts a long, long time.

It may take you a couple of loads to figure out the perfect amount of these little beads you prefer for your laundry, but once you get it down to a science, I think you will love the product and the softness and nice, fresh scent it provides. I absolutely recommend it.

Downy has done it again! 5 stars!!!

Not impressed with this new product.

I just wanted to share my experience with the new Downy Unstopables In wash scent booster. I have washed 3 loads with it (2 loads of towels and 1 load of bed sheets) and the scent disappeared after I took the items out of the dryer. I followed the directions exactly. I thought the scent was supposed to remain until the items were rewashed or at least that is what the commercial states. Also I have a small child and while I keep all cleaning products and laundry products out of her reach I found the container to be very easy to open and the scent beads to look a lot like candy. I was worried for the safety if this product were left in reach of a small child. I will still continue to buy other Downy products such as dryer sheets and fabric softener liquid but I was not impressed with this new product.

Love it! Will buy again!

from West Virginia

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Powerful

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

Made my clothes smell wonderful!

Refreshing scent

from Torrington CT

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Powerful
    • Simple Instructions

• Auto
      • Garage
      • Office

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

I received Downy Unstopable as a free sample and since then I'm addicted. I love the smell and how long it lasts. I can put this anywhere from my car, garage to my basement. I love putting it in my basement because it takes that misty smell away. I love how soft my clothes feel. I highly recommend

Great scent!

from Ohio

About Me Casual Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
      • Powerful
      • Simple Instructions

• Laundry

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

I love the long lasting scent that Downy Unstoppables leave on my laundry! They are very easy to use. Just measure them out using the lid, then toss them in the washing machine, add your laundry & detergent, then turn it on. The scent lasts for weeks! I get compliments about how good I smell all the time!

I loved my samples!! The scents lasted forever!!

from Perris Ca

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Efficient
        • Powerful

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

I loved my samples!! The scents lasted forever!! I was sad there were only few samples.

Laundry Scent Booster

from Milan, MI

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
          • Efficient
          • Simple Instructions

• laundry

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

Downy Unstopables is a scent booster that you use when washing your clothes. It doesn't replace laundry detergent or softener, but instead "boosts" the scent of your laundry so that it comes out smelling great! It's super easy to use; you just drop some in the washer before adding your laundry. I typically use a different brand, but received a sample of this one to try.

I would buy this product!

from Beloit Wisconsin

About Me Professional Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
            • Efficient
            • Powerful

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

I use this product in my laundry it smells amazing.

The smell is incredible

from Nesconset,NY

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
              • Efficient
              • Powerful
              • Simple Instructions

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

I do a lot of laundry even for only having four people in my home, but I have nine year old twins and a messy husband. I do about one load of laundry every day to every other day. Recently, I noticed I have been flying through dryer sheets more than ever. With my kids softball season it seems like I have to use more to make things smell better and to have the scent last longer. So I'm either using extra detergent or extra dryer sheets. I seen a commercial for the downy unstoppables and I knew I had to try it. I went to the store, grabbed it, and that day tried it out. I was excited because it's the first in wash product to use at the beginning of the cycle that easily pours in and says it keeps it smelling beautiful until you are ready to wear the clothes. Well, they were right and I couldn't be happier. It's easy to use. Just sprinkle in a small cap of the beads if you want a light fragrance or a larger cap at the beginning of the cycle if you want a powerful smell. Of course I went with the larger cap. I cannot tell you how amazing the smell is and it lasted for about two weeks with not one dryer sheet. It's not messy to use and extremely simple. There's no catch here! If you want great smelling laundry that lasts try this product! I'm so happy I did and I would absolutely recommend it. It's now apart of my laundry routine. It's also extremely inexpensive compared to what you would be spending to buy more dryer sheets or detergent!

I always keep this on hand.

from Ashtabula, Ohio

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
                • Efficient
                • Powerful
                • Simple Instructions

• In the washing machine

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

I love the way my whole house smells when I use Downy UNSTOPABLES fresh in-wash scent booster and it even makes my husband's work clothes smell so good. I don't do laundry without it. I haven't received a sample but purchased it myself.

Downy unstoppables are awesome!!!

from Duncan, ok

Pros

• Easy to Use
                  • Powerful
                  • Simple Instructions

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

Downy unstoppables are SIMPLE to use. You simply drop a capful in your washer when you start your clothes and then hold on for the scent slap you will get when the clothes are done. They will smell AWESOME and the best part is, that scent will last for days!! In my opinion the only drawback is the price. They are not super expenive, but they are around $4.00 a bottle and that can add up quickly. But even with the (little) drawback of the price, the overall experience with the downy unstoppables is a very good one

Skeptic, no more!

from New Jersey

About Me Casual Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
                      • Powerful
                      • Simple Instructions

Comments about Downy UNSTOPABLES Fresh In-Wash Scent Booster:

I was skeptical about these, so I'm a little late to the Unstoppables party. My only regret in purchasing these is not purchasing them sooner! They are AMAZING! I bought the new Tide scented ones, and used them in combination with my Tod pods. The scent is beautiful, without being overpowering.

It is very fragrant and beautifully so for adults, but as a new mama myself, I have to be honest and say that I would definitely not recommend using these with baby laundry, or even young toddler loads. The scent is beautiful and lasts as advertised, but might be too much for tiny nostrils.