Other Women's Deodorants:
Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Deodorant  - Cool Essentials

Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Deodorant - Cool Essentials

Pros

Cons

Dove ultimate deodorant has a good Secret too.

Try as I might to find a "green" deodorant that doesn't have aluminum (my husband has read one too many articles about health concerns from aluminum in deodorants), in the end there are some risks apparently I am willing to take but smelling bad just isn't one of them.

Secret has worked great for me for many, many years.  I am a scent lover but when it comes to deodorant, I really don't care.  I'll get my scent fix with other beauty products and with deodorant, I just really want to avoid scents if you know what I mean.

I generally stand in front of the Secret section and pick out which ever scent is on sale.  There almost always is one.  Last month there was not which made my eyes wander... over to Dove.

I chose Dove ultimate go fresh cool essential cucumber & green tea scent.  I am glad I did.

**Here's what I like about Dove deodorant:**

*The one click turning bottom to raise deodorant as oppose to the "wheel" that can raise it too high if you're impatient and get happy turning the wheel.

*The cucumber & green tea extract scent really is refreshing in the morning after all.  (I don't notice it after I apply, just during but it really is nice.)

*The dispenser is made for my hands.  Taller and narrower than other brands for easy pick up and handling.

*Dove really feels soft and smooth going on.  (More so than Secret.)

*It works.  This of course is the bottom with a deodorant.  My days may consist of any combination of teaching, cooking, cleaning, kayaking, playing tennis, hiking, dancing, gardening or meeting writing deadlines. Every day involves chasing kids and dogs and if he's lucky, my husband. I need a deodorant that successfully hangs with me through my entire busy day.

***My Viewpoint:  ***I will certainly buy Dove ultimate go fresh deodorant again.  I love you Secret but you have some new competition.

Smells pretty nice

I received a sample of Dove Ultimate go fresh in the cool essentials scent two summers ago, and I was smitten with the way it smelled.  I began buying this brand and only this brand.  I have been using it ever since.  I have found lately though that I do sweat more, which could be due to my age, over 50, and I am unsure if this product is going to be able to keep up with my busy life.  I always liked the fragrance of it, and I have found that they also have this fragance in their Clinical line.  So I may be giving that a try.  I have my daughter trying this brand now as her teen brand is no longer working as well as it did int he past.  I think our body chemistry changes and sometimes we have to change our products to keep up with it all.  This particular item is not pricey, and you can usually find a coupon in the Sunday paper for it, making it even more affordable.  All in all I was pretty satisfied with this until very recently.  I do like that it doesn't stain my clothes, and seems to wash out pretty easily.

I use this everyday!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Deodorant - Cool Essentials:

I love this deodorant! This is the deodorant that I use everyday and I have for many years! I like the Dove line of products and this is one of my favorites. I like how smoothly it goes on and that it doesn't leave white marks on my clothes. One of the things that I like best about this Dove deodorant is the scent. The cool essential scent with cucumber and green tea is very refreshing and crisp. I liked the scent of this so much that I bought the little body mist to go with it. I would definitely recommend giving it a try. It might end up being the only deodorant that you use. Also you can usually find this deodorant on sale or at a great price. It lasts me awhile when I buy it. I love it! I will probably keep using this as long as they keep this out in the stores. I have tried other scents of the Dove deodorants and they are great as well. This one is just my favorite. I put it on in the morning and it lasts me through the whole day.

Perfect deodorant

Comments about Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Deodorant - Cool Essentials:

I have been using this deodorant ever since I began PE in middle school, and I've stuck to it many years after because it works perfectly. I tend to get pretty sweaty whenever I do intense workouts, and I also go on long runs (typically 3-5 miles), so I need an effective antiperspirant. I use about two coats of this product, and my underarms usually remain bone dry the entire time, and they don't have any odor afterwards. This deodorant feels very cooling after a long, hard workout, and makes me feel instantly refreshed and less-gross afterwards when I can't take a shower right away. Plus, this deodorant has moisturizing benefits, which is always going to be a bonus since I wax or shave my arm pits. This is a real life saver in hot weather too, so I'm not sweating all the time. This is a great antiperspirant, and I've stuck with it because it's never let me down. The only time I don't use it is when I go to a party and I have a strapless dress on. But this is a perfect deodorant for daily use. I will be sticking with it.

Dove Cool Essentials has a nice scent and feels soft

Comments about Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Deodorant - Cool Essentials:

I started using Dove deodorant a few years ago and their "Cool Essentials" is one of my favorites. I bought it because it smelled nice -- a combination of cucumber and green tea. I am bothered by some scents, but this one is not overwhelming. Dove also does not irritate my under arms. It glides on smoothly and keeps me dry. It doesn't crumble off the stick either.

Smells great

Comments about Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Deodorant - Cool Essentials:

These deodorants smell really nice and fresh and clean, but the scent isn't too overpowering. My main problem with this product is that I find I sometimes will have to reapply it later in the day if it's hot out or if I'm walking a lot of anything like that. It does last just not as long as some other deodorant brands.

Gives me a rash :(

Comments about Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Deodorant - Cool Essentials:

For the smell of this deodorant, I would give it a 100. It smells amazing! However, I always break out in a painful rash if I use it. I wish I could use this deodorant! It is a little more expensive than some other brands, but I would say it is worth the price if this deodorant doesn't give you a rash. I'm sure I just have terrible luck though, so I would say to at least give it a try. It smells so good!

My favorite deodorant

Comments about Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Deodorant - Cool Essentials:

I absolutely love the Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Deodorant. My skin is extremely sensitive and can get red quite easily. The cucumber melon scent of this deodorant is both refreshing and subtle. It also does not leave white marks on the pits of my black shirts, which I greatly appreciate.

Very satisfied with this deodorant!

Comments about Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Deodorant - Cool Essentials:

I always buy and use Dove deodorant. I have always bought the original scent. I decided to buy this scent and give it a try, well I love it!! I thought that it may be a little weaker because of the cucumber scent, but it works just the same! I am very satisfied and will continue to buy all different scents.

My prefered deodorant

Comments about Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Deodorant - Cool Essentials:

I've been using Dove Go Fresh since college (8+ years) and I love it; I used to use Secret, but when they changed their formula I switched to Dove.

I tend to have very sensitive skin, and my underarms are no exception. Many scented deodorant brands tend to give me irritated skin. I tried using more natural deodorants, but they just weren't cutting it in regards to preventing odors and sweat.

I started using Unscented Dove and it worked pretty good, but once, they were sold out and this Cool Essentials type was on sale, so I tried a stick. I liked it a lot, the unscented type is fine for most days, but when I want to really do a heavy workout on a hot day, I need something to mask body odors. This lightly scented Dove stick was perfect.

Many other scented deodorants have such a strong scent that when mixed with sweat ends up making me smell worse, but Dove brand is mild enough to mask bad odors without the risk of making a secondary horrible smell.

I also like how this truly is an invisible solid; I've never had any issues with it getting on my clothes. This could be due to a variety of factors, one being that I only need a very small amount, thus making my underarms not caked with deodorant; and two, this really does go on clear.

A Back Up Deodorant

from Alexandria VA

Comments about Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Deodorant - Cool Essentials:

If your a child the Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Deodorant will work great for you. If you an adult you may want to find a more reliable product. This deodorant is good for when you run out of your main deodorant or for carrying around in your purse for emergencies. It will hold you for an hour or two. It may stain your clothing. You can feel it just sitting there underneath your arms. Apply just the bare minimum or it won't soak in. Don't use it if you are wearing dry clean only items or black tops. It is gentle and does not cause any type of break out or rash. Don't be fooled by the Dove hype and constant advertising of this product. If you use the Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Deodorant by day you will be stinky by night. Dove makes some great items but they have missed the boat with their line of deodorants so far. If I receive it for free I will use it as a backup but I will not buy this deodorant.

Using since it's release!

Comments about Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Deodorant - Cool Essentials:

I originally found out about this deodorant through a marketing research program. I was paid to test it out for two weeks and report back to the company. As like anything switching from something you use daily was hard and miserable the first few days. However, within the first week I fell in love. The product kept me sweat free, the scent was soft and pleasant, and no marks on my dark clothing. I have been using it for over a year and a half now since it hit the market. I will admit though that just like some products your reaction can change. I am still a fan but with my hormone changes being pregnant I had to switch to another version of Dove deodorant as it was no longer containing my sweating and the scent was not keeping me feeling fresh. I am sure I will be able to switch back in a few months and do stand behind this scent and specific line of deodorant and even as I can not get the results I want at this moment, the brand itself has kept me as a fan.