3.8

Dove Shampoo - All Types

3.8

Pros

Cons

Better then the expensive ones you buy in the salon

My hair was damaged from a perm when I started using Dove Intensive Repair (the blue bottle). I started noticing my hair was getting softer and laying much better almost immediately. I highly recommend this shampoo and conditioner to anyone who has damaged hair. Even my stylist commented on the difference in my hair after I started using Dove.

I would never use it again.

A few days ago while I was at work, we had a lady in the store who was doing a demo on Dove Cream Oil Body Wash. Now I am an Olay girl at heart and have not used anything else as long as I can remember. The demo person gave such a good sales pitch for her product and I thought what the heck, its a sample and if it works as good as she says, why not? I was soon to find out why not and was extremely happy that I had only taken the sample and was not talked into buying the product. Now, I realize that some of the problems I was having may be to having to hard water or to soft but none the less they were problems that I did not care for. It seemed that when I took my shower the body wash was to heavy or something. It was very difficult to get it to lather up and even more difficult to get it to wash off. (The wash itself seemed as if it was to thick.) It kind of felt strange even going on. Next was the scent. It was really overbearing. I took the cherry blossom and almond scent and it was enough to make me sick to my stomach. It could be because I have never bought a body wash that was scented before, so I will give the benefit of the doubt to that. With my sure displeasure of the scent and the feel of the product, it did nothing for my skin. The first night after I tried it, my skin was so dry that I had white flakes on it. I spent most of the night up itching and by morning my skin was red and irritated. I was sure that it had come from my outing in the sun and gave the product another try a few nights later. Unfortunately it resulted in the same dry skin. Again, I have used the same product for many years, and had not read the ingredients, so maybe I had an allergy of some type. Dove Cream Oil Body Wash claims to moisturize your skin better than any other regular body wash, but I did not find that to be the case for me. As I did not read the ingredients and that proved to be a problem for me, I am going to share them with you: Water Petrolatum Lauryl Sulfate Ammonium Laureth Sodium Sodium Hydroxpropl Starch Phospate Lauric Acid And other colorings to make the product a rather pretty pink There is a number that you can call if you have any questions on this product and it is as follows: 1-800-761-8683 or you can visit them at www.dove.com. All and all, I was not at all satisfied with this product and will not be purchasing it in the future. Remember this review is just my opinion and just because it did not work for me does not mean it will not work for someone else. There are many factors in using these product. Skin type, water type, allergies, and location are just a few.

Dove Intensive Moisture

from Memphis, TN

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Cleans Thoroughly
  • Great Smell
  • Improves Hair Health
  • Lathers Well

Cons

• Daily Use

Comments about Dove Shampoo - All Types:

I have been using Dove Intensive Repair for a couple of years. It is by far the best shampoo I have found for my hair. Using it with the conditioner afterwards keeps my hair shiny, full and non-greasy. Other brands either dry my hair out and leaves it looking greasy. This is the best!

• Hair Type:
    • Wavy Hair

Dove produces the best shampoos!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Dove Shampoo - All Types:

Out of all the shampoos I have used, I always make my way back to Dove's shampoos. I use their Deep Moisture hair care line and this shampoo is the best one I have tried so far. Their attention to intensive therapy for dried out hair is phenomenal. My hair always feels softer and pampered after using this product. Best of all, this shampoo actually helps strengthen and heal the damage done to my hair from dying it and from other hair products. I love all of Dove's shampoo products that I have tried. Dove seems to pay very close attention to the details needed to fix my hairs problems. The costs for their products are very reasonable and they smell great too! I would recommend these products and have already done so with many of my friends and family!

The type of shampoo I use from Dove has always been effective for me. Their Deep Moisture shampoo has helped me with dried out and damaged hair many times.

Dove Is The Best!

Comments about Dove Shampoo - All Types:

Dove is my favorite brand! I rarely use anything else. It feels light, like everything washes out. I have long, curly hair, and it doesn't leave anything behind that weighs my hair, or curls, down. When I temporarily needed a very gentle shampoo, my doctor told me that, after baby shampoo, Dove is the gentlest brand out there.

I like how Dove washes my hair. It always makes my hair so clean, soft, and shiny. It doesn't strip anything from my hair. Dove leaves it feeling light, not like something is weighing it down because it's leaving buildup behind. It leaves my hair manageable and run-your-fingers-thru- it touchable!

I LOVE the scents Dove has come up with! They're not very strong or overpowering, so they're perfect! There are a couple of other scents I would like to see added to their roster, but other than that, they've done very well with the different scents they have so far. :)

Good Shampoo without paying a whole lot.

from Indiana

Comments about Dove Shampoo - All Types:

Dove shampoo has a great clean crisp smell to it. It does exactly what it says leaving your hair feeling fresh and clean. I notice that my hair feels smoother and soft and I don't have to use any conditioner. On top of that the smell last throughout the day which is awesome since it does have a great scent. Overall this is a good shampoo without having to pay a arm and a leg for it. It will clean your hair and leave a great scent behind. AS far as conditioning it I didn't really notice a difference I just never had to use any conditioner with this product as it already left my hair feeling smoother and soft and with little to no frizz. Perfect shampoo for all weather.

It does leave your hair feeling much smoother and fresh. On top of that when you add the conditioner with it it doubles that feel. Its in the middle of the road for the shampoos and is perfect for about any hair type.

The scent is awesome. I love the smell of the dove shampoo and how long it lasts. You can go the whole day with smelling that scent in your hair and that is awesome feels like it gives you a real clean feel.

moisture without the oily feel

Comments about Dove Shampoo - All Types:

As a woman who looks for products that will keep my hair looking silky and soft without the oily feel and breaking my bank. Dove shampoo is the way to go.

My hair feels amazing when I wash it with the Dove shampoo the only problem I found is that by the end of my busy day my hair will look stringy and lacks bounce. Naturally my hair is "normal" and has some volume but during the winter I like to have some extra moisture to help with my dyer and cold wind damage.

Dove has a scent that is fresh and not overbearing. I like to smell clean and feminine without smelling like I drowned myself in scents. Dove delivers this for me.

leaves hair dry

from reading pa

Comments about Dove Shampoo - All Types:

I bought Dove shampoo when it was on sale at my local retailer. I brought it home and when I went to use it, while squeezing it out of the container I found it to look thick and like a lotion consistency. It went into my hair more like a lotion, it took much scrubbing to get it to a soap suddey like consistency. I found that when trying to rinse it out of my hair it left a greasey thick feeling. After drying it my roots felt thick and had a residue leftover on my hair. I was very disappointed in this shampoo. I would not pay my money onthis brand ever again. Left my hair dry and gross feeling. It did not leave my hair feeling cleaning but rather dirty and greasy.

Left my hair feeling dirtier than when I went into the shower to clean it. Felt like a conditioner mask type of thing for your hair than shampoo.

I did not find there was a scent really to it. It left a kind of fresh smell but it was more of a dull scent. Nothing overpowering or with a perfume smell.

Not worth it

Comments about Dove Shampoo - All Types:

I been using dove for some time and my hair is now so greasy I don't like it I'm going back to the shampoo I used before

This shampoo is messing my hair I hope I can get my normal hair type back

Is not worth it it can smell kind of good but it makes ur hair so greasy u will regret u ever use it

A great clean feeling

from Bellmore, NY

Comments about Dove Shampoo - All Types:

I love dove soap and have been using it for years so decided to try the shampoo and found an unexpected surprise. No harsh or strong smells and it works just great leaves your hair feeling fresh and clean. It is gentle so you can use it as often as you want in a week or as little as you want. The choice is yours. Also very reasonably priced compared to all the designer names.

makes your feel clean

no harsh smells

HORRIBLE! DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT!

Comments about Dove Shampoo - All Types:

I bought this product to try something new, and I usually have silky, shiny curly hair, then I used this product, my hair was dry, knotty, and frizzy. I've never seen my hair in such shape before!

dry, frizzy hair

not the best scent

The dove shampoo is a great value

from Bakersfield, CA

Comments about Dove Shampoo - All Types:

I have always been a little leary of using the budget shampoos because I like to take care of my hair but when I have used the dove shampoo I have always liked it. Smells good and works good. I like all of the dove products I have ever used. They are a good brand.