3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

DOVE +CARE BODY - FEELIN LIKE A DOVE. AS I CALL IT

I RARELY SHOWER... BUT WHEN I DO, I USE DOVE BODY AND FACE WASH LIQUID SOAP FOR MEN , IT BRINGS OUT THE DOVE IN ME. MY FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH DOVE WAS WITH MY WIFES DOVE FOR WOMEN BUT THAT WAS BEFORE THEY MADE DOVE FOR MEN. I USED TO ALWAYS USE ONLY THE MANLIEST BODYWASHES ON EARTH, THEN ONE DAY I WAS ALL OUT OF BODYWASH, AND ALL THAT WAS IN THE SHOWER WAS MY WIFES DOVE FOR WOMEN. I WAS VERY AFRAID TO USE IT.  I REALLY DIDNT WANT TO , I FELT REALLY  FRUITY JUST THINKING ABOUT IT. I COULDNT IMAGINE HOW I WOULD FEEL TO ACTUALLY USE IT . BUT I WAS REALLY STINKY THAT DAY... SO I DID.   AND LET ME TELL YOU... I DONT REGRET IT. I THOUGHT IT WAS THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD!  AFTER THAT DAY, I USED IT ALL THE TIME. (EVEN MORE THEN MY WIFE). IT GOT TO THE POINT THAT I WAS LYING TO MY WIFE ABOUT USING IT.... BECAUSE I FELT ASHAMED . I WOULD TAKE TRIPS TO THE STORE AT ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT JUST TO BUY THE DOVE BODY WASH FOR WOMEN  , I'D BUY 10 BOTTLES EVERY WEEK..... THATS HOW MUCH I WOULD USE IT.  I WOULD HIDE THEM FROM MY WIFE , I FELT LIKE I WAS CHEATING ON HER WITH BODYWASH. I WAS TAKING SHOWERS 5 TIMES A DAY , ***I WAS AN ADDICT,*** ***A FIEND *****.** ***I JUST COULDNT LIVE LIFE WITHOUT IT....*** BUT THEN, MY WIFE STARTED TO WONDER. I EVENTUALLY HAD TO TELL HER ABOUT MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH BODYWASH. SHE DIDNT CARE, BUT SHE DID LAUGH AT ME....... ALOT. THEN,  AFTER 2 YEARS OF USING THE WOMENS DOVE, I GOT THE SIGN FROM JESUS THAT I HAD BEEN SEARCHING FOR ALL ALONG..... THEY CAME OUT WITH DOVE FOR MEN , I WAS SO HAPPY . I FELT LIKE MY LIFE WAS COMPLETE. NOW THAT THEY HAVE DOVE FOR MEN I NO LONGER HAVE TO FEEL WEIRD OR FRUITY . NOW, WHEN I TAKE SHOWERS, I TAKE THEM WITH MY WIFE SHE HAS HERS AND I HAVE MINE. THE BEST PART IS THAT SOMETIMES WE EVEN SWITCH BODYWASHES!!!!!!!!  I TELL EVERYBODY THAT I USE IT AND I RECOMMEND IT TO PEOPLE OF KINDS AND AGES , I GOT THESE BUSINESS CARDS MADE UP ,THAT SAY   "HAVE A DOVELY DAY FROM YOURS TRULY -ANTHONY TEDESCO THADOVEMASTER FLEX' WITH DOVE INDUSTRIES' #- 1800.FEELIN.LIKE.A.DOVE . EVERYTIME I GO ANYWHERE... LIKE THE GROCERY STORE, THE MALL , GAS STATIONS AND ANYWHERE ELSE I END UP, I GIVE THEM OUT . SO WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS THAT I LOVE THIS PRODUCT , IT CHANGED MY LIFE FOREVER AND I WILL NEVER STOP USING DOVE BODY+FACE WASH FOR MEN. AS LONG AS I LIVE .  THANK YOU DOVE!

great lather, great smell, but a leaves skin a little oily

Dove men+care delivers a great up-front shower experience. Lathers up nicely and cleans sufficiently enough. Works well on dry skin and has a nice, manly scent. For those with city water which is almost neutral ph, like mine, it seems to leave a slight oily film on the skin. Within a few days of using it my face, neck and various other body parts developed pimples. I stopped using the body/face wash and went back to my regular soap and almost immediately these dried up and went away. So, while my skin felt very clean and moisurized, it also felt very oily and filmy, possibly leading to my skin problems. Like any body wash, it may not work for every skin type or water type.

Never Again

from Albuquerque, NM

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Doesn't Last Long
  • Dries Skin
  • Unpleasant Smell

• Showers

Comments about Dove Men + Care Body Wash:

I purchased this product last fall and used it for about a week and noticed that my skin was irritated and breaking out all over. I honestly didn't think much of it because I work out on a daily basis and I figured that was probably the cause. I stopped using it because I didn't like the scent and my skin cleared up shortly after that. So fast forward to last week and my wife bought some more by accident instead of what I normally use (Nivea) and I decided to try it again and within 2 or 3 days my chest, arms, and legs are all irritated and breaking out again. I don't think it's just a coincidence so I'm not using it again.

This product is going back to the shop; it doesn't work!!!

Comments about Dove Men + Care Body Wash:

Claims to keep you smelling fresh for 48 hours...I've been lucky if it lasts 4 hours. Seriously, I don't have a strong body odor to begin with, but the advertising indicated that it would keep going to 48 hours, so I bought the package at Costco...7 dispensers in one package...when I tried the first one, my wife indicated that it didn't smell very good and later said that it wasn't working...

Only lasts about 4 hours.

Almost neutral

Fresh and Clean - Great for men body wash

from Ardmore, TN

Comments about Dove Men + Care Body Wash:

Dove Men Body Wash is a refreshing cleanser for both body and face that I use in the shower, and it works great. The product is quick and requires little product for a lot of application, with a soothing foaming action. After showering with Dove Men Body Wash, you can't help but feel clean and refreshed. My particular favorite is the green "Extra Fresh" because of the soothing menthol and minty scent.

Dove Men Body Wash is great for sensitive skin, and not too harsh while still effectively cleaning both body and face. My acne on my chest and shoulders disappeared within a few uses, and the fresh scent stays on all day. I would highly recommend this product.

Dove Men Body Wash cleans quickly with little product, and is effective at preventing acne and odor. Long lasting scent and soothing to sensitive skin, it is an excellent product.

The primary scent I use is "Extra Fresh" and it smells minty and not over-powering.

Great Body Wash

Comments about Dove Men + Care Body Wash:

For years my wife used liquid body wash but I was a "bar man". About three years ago, I was traveling and could not find the soap I normally use. I have allergies to many soaps and even laundry detergent, so I went into a drug store. In years past it has always been a balancing act to find something that would leave me feeling clean while not giving me a skin rash from the product itself.

I was unable to find my regular soap and my wife suggested the Dove for Men. I got a small travel size of the Dove for Men in the Clean Comfort scent. After using the soap a few times, I was sold on the product. I had no allergic reaction or any problems with the soap at all.

The soap offers a MICROMOISTURE technology that helps protect a mans' body from dryness. The way this soap is formulated, it raises off your body easily as well.

A lasting, fresh clean feeling.

This product is offered in several scents. I have tried all and like the Clean Comfort the best.

Great product

Comments about Dove Men + Care Body Wash:

Over the years, I have used nearly every kind of body wash for men you can think of. I used to use the Old Spice until I started seeing the commercials for Dove Men +Care on TV. I went out and bought a bottle, and figured it couldn't hurt to try something new. With my old body was it always felt like my face, and hands were really dry. After using Dove for the first time I was immediately impressed. My hands felt refreshed, and my face had no more dry spots. I love that when you apply it to your skin, you can already feel it moisturizing your skin. After I used this I went out and bought all of the other types. I am highly impressed with what Dove has done with this body wash, and all of there other +Care products. It smells good, and works great. They have a couple different scents to choose from too. Its a little bit more expensive then some other body washes, but it is really worth every penny you will spend. I highly recommend this to anyone that may get dry skin from there other body washes.

Great Moisture with a Manly Smell

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Dove Men + Care Body Wash:

Dove Men+Care body wash is a great smelling body wash. It's helps you get clean, without drying out your skin. I have only found this type of moisture in women's body washes, which I'm not hesitant to use. But it's nice when I can find a product for men that can also infuse moisture right into your skin.

This is a great moisturizing body wash, although it's not as great as some of the brands that are made for women. I think for a product that is made specifically for men, it has a lot of moisture in it, however. I think companies forget that men get dry skin, just like women, and don't put a lot of moisture into their body washes. This one is excellent, which is a nice change from the flowering and fruity fragrances that I normally have to use.

This has a nice manly fragrance, which stays on your body throughout the day. It helps you smell like you just stepped out of the shower most of the day, well, unless you have a sweaty packed, smelly job. But it at least helps that odor after you come home and take a shower!

Just did not do it for me

Comments about Dove Men + Care Body Wash:

I do not know how to say this other than it just was not for me. The scent was fine and this body wash did do the job. I just like other body washes better. This body wash did tend to dry my skin out a little bit and it seemed to sting when I got it on my dry cracked skin. This also was something that i was not truly fond of.

Dove body wash did the job. This body was did foam up really nicely and gave me the impression that it was doing a good job cleaning. I did smell clean when I was done using it and the scent went away quickly which also was a good thing.

I think that this is were this body wash really lost me. The cleaning effectiveness and the price were favorable and probably would have had me strongly consider continuing with this body wash even tho it seemed to dry my skin out. I did try three different scents and not one of them smelled all that pleasant to me. My fiance enjoyed the scent which is why I ended up trying them but I personally did not like it.

Good Product but Pricey for the Quality!

Comments about Dove Men + Care Body Wash:

The Men's Dove Body Wash smells good and is refreshing but doesn't do anything extraordinary. The body wash is comparable to other products I've tried and used, but those are about half the cost of Dove.

It does what it says. It's cooling, refreshing and gets you clean but you can get that from other cheaper products. Plus I shave my head and it leaves my head a little oily whereas other body washes can be used on my head and they don't leave an oily, shiny feeling behind like Dove does.

It really does smell good. My kids always compliment me after I've showered with Dove and not so much when I use the cheaper products.

Not bad but not earth-shattering.

Comments about Dove Men + Care Body Wash:

Don't get me wrong, the product is decent. Some of the smells are better than others but all in all, none of them smell too frilly or odd. Some are even pleasantly understated after the shower. My wife brought this home for me and, not being too picky, I gladly tried it after my current bottle ran out. She liked the scent, so that's always a plus and she said that it's not break the bank expensive and we have since found that you can often find it on sale. Add in the occasional coupon and it's family budget friendly. In the shower, it gives a good lather, so a little goes a long way, another good point of the product. At first this all added up to thinking that this would be the new "go to" wash. I gave a good rinse off and went off to conquer the world. As the day went on, I started to notice that, well, in the best way I could put it, my skin felt tight. Not quite itchy, just too small for my frame. I shrugged my shoulders and moved on with the day. Day two was the same - skin feeling overly stretched and uncomfortable. A few days of this and I finally mentioned it to my wife who, being a woman and knowing these things better than I, said that my skin was dry and to try some lotion. That in and of itself was a whole other story where I ended up like a greased hog. The next morning I decided to experiment and reverted to my bachelor days - the old shampoo as everything wash routine. I found my skin to be more natural feeling and it was a heck of a lot less itchy and tight feeling. Talking it over with my wife we decided that perhaps in the dead of winter is not the best time to try a new body wash since your skin is attacked by, well, all of mother nature and so we'll probably swing back Dove's way again, but for now I'll be back to scrounging for whatever gets me feeling like a normal person.

Refreshing and Clean Feeling

Comments about Dove Men + Care Body Wash:

I love using this body wash! It makes my skin feel soft, clean, and refreshed. There's a great variety to choose from based on what you need, and the scents smell great as well. I've been using this body wash for a while now, and out of all the soaps I've used, this is the best brand so far.