Other Hair Conditioners:
Dove
Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner

Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner

Dove Intense Moisture Leaves Hair Looking and Feeling Right

I have never been a fan of Dove soap. I fully realize that it contains “One quarter moisturizing cream” thanks to the television commercials that emphasized this fact that ran for so many years. The reason I never liked Dove is the odd smell and this fact made me reluctant to try other Dove products for a long time. Thankfully, its shampoos and conditioners are either toned down or offer a scent all their own. One I have used and liked is **Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner.**

**Conditioner Commentary:**

Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner is a highly moisturizing conditioner that does, unfortunately, have a scent similar to Dove soap but less intense. On my short, straight hair, a capful is all I need to work the product into my hair and scalp.

Conditioners can often weigh hair down, but Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner is different. My hair is short, fine, and prone to static conditions, especially in winter. I need something that will tame the dryness but without giving my hair that flat, overconditioned look and feel. Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner does exactly that, sending its moisturizing agents into the hair and scalp and making both healthier.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner is a good product for those who want a light, inexpensive conditioner that does its job without going overboard. The added moisturization is very nice and it makes hair feel silky and soft. I could do with a better scent, but this is still a good product and one worth trying.

Effective at adding moisture and control to dry hair

Smells like Dove soap, so not the greatest scent.

Dove conditioner is a decent product.

I really like the Dove haircare line. The scents are gentle yet pleasant. The conditioners are lightweight and rinse clean. I don't feel like my hair is greasy or heavy after using this. The price is extremely affordable so I can try lots of different scents or types. It doesn't weigh my hair down so I can use it daily without needing to switch brands. My hair doesn't tangle as much afterwards and it feels very soft to the touch. I don't think it's as good as a brand I might buy at the salon; however, for everyday use it is just fine. My husband doesn't like to use it because of the scent and I really don't blame him. There are a few scents that would be okay (cucumber?) for a man though, so the macho guys can use it without shame. A little goes a long way with this product. Be careful not to use too much or it can make your hair feel weighed down. I like the shape and design of the bottles; they fit well on my shower shelf and it helps you get every last bit of the product.

Awesome conditioner

from Ashburn,GA

About Me Professional Stylist

Pros

• Detangles
  • Great Smell
  • Smooths & Softens

• Daily Use
    • Fine Hair
    • Thick Hair

Comments about Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner:

Very thick conditioner with a wonderful smell,which is long lasting.Works well on my 8yr. old granddaughter's fine but thick hair.Better than a lot of expensive conditioners that I have used.

• Hair Type:
    • Wavy Hair

I love this conditioner

from Memphis, TN

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Adds Shine
    • Detangles
    • Gentle
    • Great Smell
    • Improves Hair Health
    • Improves Texture
    • Smooths & Softens

• Daily Use
      • Dry Hair

Comments about Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner:

I have been using Dove Intense Moisture for a couple of years. It is by far the best conditioner I have found for my hair. Using it after using the shampoo keeps my hair shiny, full and non-greasy. Other brands either dry my hair out and leaves it looking greasy. This is the best!

• Hair Type:
      • Wavy Hair

Deep Intense Moisturizer

Comments about Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner:

Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner is a great product that does exactly what it says it does. You can see a difference in your hair after the first use. It's great on straight or curly hair, long or short. I doubt recommend if you color your hair because the color trends to fade faster. It's reasonably priced and almost as effective as salon products.

Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner is very effective on dry, heat damaged hair. After using for about a month, I noticed less breakage and split ends. My hair even felt stronger. I have naturally curly hair that is usually extremely frizzy after washing and drying. Dove has nourished my dry frizzy hair and almost eliminated my use of frizz control product. I recommend using the conditioner along with the shampoo and other intense moisture products offered by Dove.

The scent is not too strong, it's very subtle and lasts for a couple of days. It's not fruity or perfumey. I've tried changing to other products but haven't found a scent remotely close to Dove.

I love love love it.

from Kansas

Comments about Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner:

Dove products are always one of my first choices. They all seem to consistently work well, whether it's their hair products, soaps, deoderants, etc. I have used this conditioner off and on for a number of years. Firstly, it smells so good! I have a weird love for the scent of most Dove products. The smell of the conditioner remains in your hair so you have yummy smelling hair all day. The product is moisturizing a it claims to be. I have dry damaged, naturally curly hair and am generally always in need of something to help this poor head of hair to calm down. It made my hair much smoother with less frizz. It looks healthier overall when I used this conditioner. My only complaint with the product is the shape of the bottle. I can't count how many times I drop the bottle [usually right on my toes]. It's just kind of awkwardly shaped and hard to keep a grip on. [Now that I think of it I could just transfer it to another bottle, huh?] Overall I say give it a try if your hair is damaged, it's really good!

At least it smells good

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner:

I used Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner for a couple of months and I can honestly say it did nothing for my hair. I used this conditioner after every shampoo. This product isn't very dense, but a little will go a long way. This conditioner applied very smoothly to my hair like silk. This conditioner makes my hair smell very nice and the scent remains for up to 3 days after washing. This conditioner didn't make my hair softer or give it any shine. I tried applying a little of this product to my hair with a moisturizer to see if it would help, but nothing changed. I even tried leaving some of this conditioner in my hair to see if it would leave my hair soft, but instead it just made my hair greasy. I also tried just washing my hair with only the conditioner and rinsing with cold water, but it didn't help either. I definitely wouldn't recommend Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner to anyone looking for a great conditioner that leaves hair soft and manageable.

Dove Conditioner leaves my hair feeling softer and less tangled

from New York, NY

Comments about Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner:

Whenever trying new shampoos and conditioners I always try to use the recommended matching treatment from the same brand to get maximum results. it was for this reason that I used this Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner in conjunction with the Dove intense Damage Therapy Shampoo. These two products really worked well together and I could really feel a noticeable difference in my hair. Prior to using the Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner my hair was becoming a tangled, wiry mess. My hair is coarse and thick. Combined with years of coloring my hair, blow drying and the dry winter air left my hair an unmanageable mes. It got to the point where trying to comb my hair was painful and I had a real hard time brushing my hair.

I chose this Moisture Intense Conditioner from Dove hoping that it would add moisture and shine to my hair. I have been pleased with the results so far. My hair feels softer, has less knots and tangles and I am able to brush and comb my hair pain free.

I was also impressed by how well this protected the coloring in my hair. Other conditioners have a tendency to wash out the color rather too quickly for my liking. Not so with this Dove conditioner. Using this conditioner I can go an extra three weeks between coloring.

The only slight negative I have with this conditioner is that the smell is rather on the strong side. I do prefer lighter scents but given how well this conditioner works I am willing to accept this trade off.

gets tangels out hair softer, coarse thick wiry I struggle to even get a comb through my thick, coarse and wiry ahir.

I used this Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner

Not impressed

Comments about Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner:

When Dove came out with a hair care line I was excited to try it unfortunately I was not impressed. The scent was pleasant enough but my hair felt weighed down and greasy. After blow drying and staying my hair, my hair fell flat pretty quickly. When I woke up the next morning my hair looked like I hadn't washed it in days. It was average to a little high priced ( if not on sale). I feel that most other products in this price range do a better job. I usually go with higher priced hair products and I think unless they rework the product I wouldn't buy again. This is one product to get a trial size of to try first.

It left my hair feeling weighed down and greasy. I rinsed my hair several times and even rewashed it but it still felt really greasy. After blow drying and styling it, my hair just fell flat. I Don't see myself buying it again.

The scent was quite pleasant and pretty understated and lasts throughout the day.

Dove products are usually effective, and this is no different.

Comments about Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner:

I love most of the Dove hair products that I've tried, and this is one of the staples of my bathroom. I use this conditioner almost every day, and it makes my hair soft and manageable without being too greasy in the summer or dry/frizzy in the winter. I use it with Dove shampoo usually (or with something else if I'm in the mood to try something new), and it always works great. It has a creamy texture that absorbs well and then rinses out fairly easily.

This is a very effective condition. It does everything it says it will. I don't have color or chemical treatments on my hair, but it can go either oily or dry depending on the time of year and what I use. I can use this conditioner year-round and not have any of those issues. If you have damaged hair, this would probably work well, but there are specific conditioners for damaged hair if this one isn't quite what you need.

I like the scent of this conditioner, but I don't love it. It's hard for me to identify the scent as floral or fruity or spicy or anything really. But it doesn't really stay after styling, so it doesn't really matter.

Great for dry hair

Comments about Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner:

I really like using the dove intense moisture conditioner. It works best with the dove intense moisture shampoo. I have very dry hair and this conditioner makes it feel soft and look a lot healthier. It smells really good. It does not leave build up on your hair or cause any damage. I recommend this.

Dove Conditioner Is A Must-Have!

Comments about Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner:

Dove is my favorite brand! It makes my hair soft, shiny, and clean, while washing out completely. No heavy buildup weighing my hair down. I have long, curly hair, and it doesn't weigh down my curls at all! It's rare that I will use another brand. When I do, I always end up back with Dove. It works so well for me, and makes my hair look wonderful! Now if they could get a tangle-free version, like for kids, we'd be all set!

LOVE this conditioner! I have long, curly hair. When you brush out all the knots from curly hair, they're right back again. With Dove, it makes it SO much easier to brush thru all the knots. I spend a lot less time having to get thru all my hair. It also makes my hair healthy. Not as much breakage or as many split ends. Just healthy hair!

I love Dove's scent in this conditioner, It's just a hint of a light, fresh, clean smell. Nothing heavy or overpowering. Just right for everyday use!