Other Shampoos:

Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo

Pros

Cons

It's amazing

I love Dove's Intense damage therapy shampoo. It cleans my hair so extremely well without drying it out.  it makes my hair smell amazing.  It's so silky and lathers so well, it is the best shampoo that I have ever used in my entire life.  Using this shampoo makes me want to adopt the entire Dove hair care system.  I am an African American Women with Natural hair.  Mu hair is not frizzy, but it is very curly and wavy in different  places on my head.  It is very difficult to find a shampoo that is suitable for all of my different hair textures. I have tried so many shampoos over the years. I have been trying different shampoos for people of color and different shampoos that are not for people of color.   This shampoo has worked better than any other shampoo I have tried.  The only only thing I wish is that it wasn't so expensive, but I understand you get what you pay for and those cheap shampoos have not been cutting it fopr my hair.

intense therapy for damaged hair

I have dry brittle and coarse hair. It tends to frizz heavily. The very first 2 times I ever used Dove Intense therapy shampoo and conditioner, I fell in love. It made my hair smooth, softer, more manageable, and there was no frizz. But by the third time i used it, my hair was back to normal. It was like every other shampoo, no longer helps my crazy hair.

I don't know if this reflects on the product as a whole or if it's just my hair. I say, "Go for it! Try it!" Since the results were so good on my hair the first two times-who knows? It may work for you. It's worth a try and hopefully it will last on your hair, instead of your hair getting used to it, like mine did. It could just be my very difficult hair.

I find the Dove shampoos themselves, to be quite pleasant and "clean" smelling. They are also very creamy and soothing. One again, I find the price to be too high. It is pretty epensive for shampoo, conditioner and hair styling products. I wish dove would lower their prices so I could try a few of their other products.

Great Shampoo

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo:

I am very pleased with my purchase of Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo. It is offered at a great price and Dove always delivers great products. I have very coarse, curly, dry hair that is heat damaged. I really needed a shampoo that would rescue my hair! Dove delivered, as always. The smell of this shampoo is amazing and it's enjoyable to use. My hair smells so good after I use it and the scent lasts for quite some time. I have even received compliments on how great my hair smells from total strangers. The damage has noticeably improved and my hair is so soft to touch. This shampoo also smooths the frizz, which makes my curls more defined and natural looking. It doesn't leave my hair feeling greasy either. This shampoo also detangles my hair. I no longer have to buy a separate products to be able to get a comb through my hair. I highly recommend Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo to anyone with damaged hair.

The product works amazingly.

Props to Dove, once again!

from Kansas

Comments about Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo:

I'm a long time user of Dove products, especially their shampoo and conditioners. I have dry and damaged hair. I have dyed, blow dried, and flat ironed my hair for many years and the damage I have done to it shows. When I saw the Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo come out I went and bought it because Dove products have always worked well for me. The shampoo is thick and as usual for Dove products, it smells GREAT. [I would like to note i also used the matching conditioner that goes with the shampoo]. When i blow dried and flat ironed my hair after the first time using the product(s) I noticed my hair was much softer and had less frizz. It continued to impress me as I used it. I have still used it off and on since the first time I tried it. I highly recommend this product for those with dry and/or damaged hair, it works great [especially when used with the matching conditioner], isn't expensive, and smells yummy!

Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo is a nice shampoo

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo:

I love trying new products. I received a sample of Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo and couldn't wait to try it. I really thought it worked great. I like and trust the Dove brand. It is a great shampoo that you can buy in almost every drug and grocery store at a resonable price. Dove frequently offers coupons for additional savings.

This shampoo did a wonderful job at cleansing my hair and making it look great. I live in an area where the winters are very harsh. My long, fine, and straight hair starts to suffer from the dryness. This shampoo really made my hair look soft and smooth. It helps fight static and flyaways. It is very nourishing and moisturizing. It has a thick and creamy consistency that lathers and rinses well. I also like the matching Dove matching conditioner.

This shampoo smells really good. It has a nice clean and fresh scent. The scents lasts and lingers in my hair all day.

Great Shampoo

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo:

I have gone through using many different shampoos, mainly buying what is on sale or what I have coupons for. Recently, I was using V05 shampoo and conditioner and that was a waster of money.It left my hair in worse condition than before using it. I already have fine, brittle hair and it was unmanageable after that so I tired the Dove Intense Damage Shampoo. Normally, I would not spend so much on shampoo but wanted to get my hair back looking nice again. After about two weeks of using this shampoo have to say I am beyond impressed. It is more expensive but worth every penny. My hair feels very healthy and strong. I am not having as much breakage and the amount of split ends I have has decreased. My hair is also very soft and easy to brush without excessive tangles. The smell is good as well, leaving my hair pleasant. The shampoo creates a nice rich lather that rinses out completely without leaving a greasy feeling that some cheaper shampoos seem to do.

This shampoo from Dove has helped repair my damaged hair

from New York, NY

Comments about Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo:

I have long been a fan of Dove products. I think they manufacture a number of high quality beauty products, especially their beauty bar soaps. Despite my familiarity with Dove's beauty products I had never actually used any of their shampoos until late last year when I purchased a bottle of this Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo. I was getting extremely frustrated and fed up with how dry and coarse my hair was becoming. The combination of monthly hair colorings and the dry winter temperatures had really taken its toll on my hair which is naturally thick and on the dry side to begin with.

The results have so far been great. Admittedly it has taken a little while to receive the full benefits of this shampoo and I didn't receive an overnight improvement (although to be honest, given the bad state of my hair expecting this would have been more than just wishful thinking, it would have required a miracle). I have been using this shampoo for a couple of months now and my hair is tamer, feels softer and has some bounce to it.

The scent of this Dove shampoo was a big selling point to me. I like to smell products, especially shampoo, before purchasing, and the clean, fresh, pleasing scent is what sold me on this shampoo. I am not a big fan of big, bold, perfumed shampoos and so this cleaner, almost understated scent is perfect for me.

I would recommend Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo for those that suffer with dry or damaged hair, although I would caution not to expect overnight results. It has taken a while, but if you stick with this shampoo, you will see an improvement in the overall look and feel of your hair.

Just ok and kind of greasy

Comments about Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo:

I tried this shampoo for about a month. I have extremely fine, thin bleached hair that needed a lot of repair. I tried this shampoo because my friend used it as her daily shampoo and her hair looked so good and shiny. This shampoo did help a little with my dry ends but made the crown of my hair so greasy and limp. I would wash my hair up to three times in one shower just because I thought I had dirty hair being that it was the summertime and the humidity was really high. However, this would actually make the greasiness worse. I kept trying to like it but my hair got so limp and greasy that it just looked gross as soon as I dried it after my shower. I had to toss it. I couldn't even style my hair it was so greasy. I was embarrassed because it looked like I didn't wash my hair. It also made my hair look dull and my roots show darker. I don't know if it was just too heavy of a formula for my fine, thin hair or not. My hairdresser seemed to think that it might be too dense for my hair type. Either way, I scrapped it and went back to my expensive salon brand and was happy.

Great for color treated hair!

Comments about Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo:

I have found that this shampoo works really well to repair damage done by coloring your hair. My hair took a lot of damage between constant coloring, hair drying, and curling. The products and heat I was using on it caused it to get brittle. I have always been a fan of the Dove brand so I gave this shampoo a dry. It definitely helped my hair get back to that soft, thick texture I had before. It lives out to what it promises to do. It is a great shampoo.

It did a great job for me in restoring my hair back to a healthy place. I paired it with the conditioner as well. It definitely took away the brittle feeling my hair had and restored a soft texture. My damage was from coloring and heat. If you have damage from these things, I recommend trying it out.

I have never tried a Dove product where I didn't like the scent. This product has a nice scent to it as well. When paired with the conditioner, it will leave your hair smelling nice the rest of the day.

divine dove

from Edina, MN

Comments about Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo:

Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo is really great for getting your hair back to how it used to be, whether its dryness, brittleness, dullness, or to much blowdrying or ironing. This shampoo really adds moisture, hydration and shine to your hair. It creates a nice lather that cleans your hair of any products, oils, and dust and leaves it clean, but without drying it out. Dove is known for the fabulous moisture that their products provide. It is really hard to compare to other brands. This is a great shampoo if you have very dry hair or need to repair any harm done to it. It sells for a great price and lasts a long time. A little bit goes a long way. I love Dove products and this one will not let you down.

Hydrates, smoothes, shines, moisturizes and repairs your hair.

The scent is nice, soft, delicate and not overpowering. It won't clash with aromas from your perfumes or lotions.

Dove Shampoo

Comments about Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo:

The Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo is pretty good. I constantly dry and straighten my hair which leaves me with a lot of split ends. I also dye my hair a lot, and they just leaves my hair looking fried. I've been using another Dove shampoo for years, so I decided to try the Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo. Just after the first use, my hair already looked prettier. It hadn't repaired any damage at the point, but my hair was soft and shiny. My hair is usually pretty dull looking, so that was great. After a couple months of using this shampoo, my hair looks less fried. For the most part, my hair looks healthy. I can't tell if it really helped with my split ends. They are less noticeable, but I think that may be because my hair isn't as frizzy now, and the split ends don't stick out as much. If I look closely, I can still see the split ends. Overall, I'm happy with this shampoo because my hair looks a lot better than it did. I guess I was just expecting a miracle.

I don't really notice a scent until the next time I get in the shower. When my hair gets wet, I can smell it from the wash before.

Shampoo leaves your hair feeling greasy.

Comments about Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo:

I tried this shampoo and honestly I did not like it that much. It did not lather up the well and left my hair feeling kind of greasy and heavy. It was almost like a cream rinse instead of a shampoo. I am not sure exactly how clean it left my hair but it did not feel that clean. I do not think I would recommend this shampoo to someone because of the way it leaves your hair feeling.

As far as the effectiveness of this shampoo I would say its not very effective. I used it a few times and it always left my hair feeling very greasy and heavy. It does smell pretty good but I definitely would not recommend it for hair cleaning.

This shampoo does have a very good smell. It is like a fruity smell that smells very fresh and very clean. It does not have that chemical or artificial smell that some shampoos have. The smell last for quite a while. If you have really dry hair and are looking for a shampoo that smells good you may want to give this shampoo a shot.