Other Shampoos:

Dove Heat Defense Therapy Shampoo

Pros

Cons

An outstanding shampoo!

The first time I tried this shampoo, I fell in love! I have to be very picky about shampoo products, because my hair tends to be quite frizzy and dry. I use a flat iron and blow dryer almost daily, and my hair takes a lot of abuse. I also dye my hair every few weeks, so you can imagine the beating it gets! The price of this shampoo is great too, leave it to Dove to make a fabulous shampoo that is affordable too!

First off, the shampoo smells fabulous! It's a thick and creamy formula that creates a fantastic lather on your head. Some shampoos cause my hair to feel stripped of all oils, very very dry and nasty after rinsing, but not Dove Heat Defense! Even before I used the matching conditioner, my hair felt better, protected even. The removal of product build-up and residue is quite gentle, but totally thorough.

I used both my blow dryer and my flat iron after getting out of the shower, and my hair responded beautifully! This is a heat defense product that actually follows through with it's promises, and gives you fabulous looking hair! A total reccomendation from my hair and I!

Not good at all

I don't usually like dove products but I always seem to want to try them out. I tried the dove heat defense therapy shampoo because I use a flat iron on it almost daily. I don't feel like it did anything for my hair. While my hair felt clean it did not feel healthy or sily as it normally would. As for heat defense, well that's just a joke. I don't feel it helped protect my hair at all from the heat of the flat iron. Waste of a product, in my opinion.

This shampoo is amazing - it truly repaired my heat-damaged hair

Comments about Dove Heat Defense Therapy Shampoo:

I used to do a lot of things to damage my hair, such as blow drying it and using straighteners on it every morning. After a while, I really started to notice how dry and frizzy my hair was becoming, so I purchased this Dove Heat Defense Therapy shampoo. Let me just say, this thing quickly began to repair my hair. Its thick formula coated my hair, soothed it, and hydrated it. Now, my hair is pretty much back to being soft and moisturized.

This shampoo was extremely effective. As I mentioned previously, it totally transformed my hair from being dry to being nice and healthy. The effects of this shampoo obviously are not immediate. As long as you continue to use it everyday, you will definitely notice results after your first week. Then, from my experience, your hair just seems to get healthier and softer every week.

This Dove shampoo smells absolutely wonderful. It has a very fragrant and soothing smell. I can't complain about a good-smelling shampoo :)

Helps repair broken hair

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Dove Heat Defense Therapy Shampoo:

I wanted to try a repair shampoo for my daughters hair. She was getting split ends and breakage from wearing her hair in a ponytail all of the time. I received a coupon for Dove so I thought I would give it a try. It worked really well to soften her hair and make it more manageable. I could see a difference in her breakage as well, her hair seemed to be smooth and silky. I love the way this shampoo lathers as well, it makes your hair feel very clean, yet manageable. Her hair did not feel heavy or weighted down. I would recommend this for people that have breakage and use heat products on their hair everyday. I think it would help prevent breakage, and also repair hair that has been damaged from heat products.

Dove makes great products and I will continue to buy their products. This shampoo works really well and is inexpensive.

The scent is great! I love the way my hair smells when I use this product. Its a light scent, but smells wonderful.

Love this

Comments about Dove Heat Defense Therapy Shampoo:

Like most ladies out there I always want perfect hair every day, well this makes me either curl my hair or straighten it to get the look I want. Which is not good for my hair or anyone else’s since heat is really damaging to hair strands. I am so glad that I found this shampoo it has most likely saved my hair from being damaged beyond repair. After the first time I washed with this shampoo I noticed the difference and I was so over whelmed with happiness! My hair felt so much softer and stronger I was amazed! I also cannot get over how good it smells to. It has a very nice strong clean smell to it which I love and it lasts days after you have washed your hair also. I have also seen that I have less breakage now and fewer dead ends. Yay it makes me so happy. I cannot say how much I love this shampoo. It also cleans very nice. I recommend this to anyone looking for a nice shampoo that protects from heat damage and make your hair stronger.

Pretty good

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Dove Heat Defense Therapy Shampoo:

I have to say that I recently purchased and tried this Dove Heat Defense Therapy Shampoo and it worked pretty good. I can honestly say that my hair was not quite as damaged once I started using this particular product. I pretty much wash and style my hair on an every day basis so I need products that can protect my hair from the hot styling utensils such as hair dryers and straighteners and curling irons. This shampoo somehow offers protection again the heating elements. This is definitely a good product for anyone who has to use a lot of heat to style their hair. Another good thing about this Dove Heat Defense Therapy Shampoo is the price. It is in the average to low price range for shampoos so anyone should be able to afford it. It is defintely worth the money to try it. Of course, another good thing about this Dove shampoo is the scent. It is a little strong for me but it does smell good. And last but not least it does a great job of cleaning your hair. So it cleans and protects your hair so your hair stays healthier between cuts and trims.

Saved me from damaging my hair, and saved me money too!

Comments about Dove Heat Defense Therapy Shampoo:

I think this product is genius. Personally, I use a lot of heat on my hair, so I'm always looking for was to protect it. Normally, I just apply a heat protectant on my hair before I use any hot tools, but I find that I don't need to do that when I use this product. It's a heat protectant and shampoo… all in one! I enjoy using this product because it saves me from having to buy 2 different hair products.

I enjoy using this product immensely. Normally, I find my hair starts getting damaged 3 weeks after getting it cut. I use hot tools almost daily on my hair, so it's very prone to damage. I used this shampoo regularly after getting my hair cut, as I wanted to test out how it worked. I didn't see damage on my hair until nearly 6 weeks after I got it cut. I think that's incredible! This shampoo nearly doubled the amount of heat my hair can stand before damage sets in.

I don't really have much to say about the scent. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing either. Honestly I barely noticed in while using this product.

Keeps my hair healthy despite daily straitening

Comments about Dove Heat Defense Therapy Shampoo:

Whenever using different styling products, like curling irons or straiteners, I like to use shampoos and other products that will help protect my hair from the heat since it tends to cause split ends and fly-aways. Dove Heat Defense Therapy Shampoo is one of the best heat protection shampoos available.

I only need to use a little bit of this shampoo on my thick, long, frizzy hair. It lathers really nicely, and it keeps my hair clean while preventing it from getting oily throughout the day. I also like how shiny and healthy this makes my hair look. It helps prevent my hair from drying out even though I use heat on it daily.

This keeps my hair healthy despite the fact that I use heat on it daily. It also keeps my hair clean and is gentle enough for use on my color-treated hair. It doesn't fade the color of my hair at all.

This smells great, and it keeps my hair smelling nice all day long.

Dove Heat Defense Therapy Shampoo is great.

Comments about Dove Heat Defense Therapy Shampoo:

My hair is always so fried and dead from always curling and straightening it. I never thought i would find a shampoo that would help fix the problem. The Dove Heat Defense Therapy Shampoo is the first thing i found to help my hair. My hair is very thin and fine so ruining it isn't hard to do. This shampoo made my hair feel so soft and alive now. I love this shampoo.

Best Shampoo for Dry, Brittle Hair!

Comments about Dove Heat Defense Therapy Shampoo:

I flat iron my hair alot, and need a shampoo that won't strip my hair of moisture right before I do so. The Dove Heat Defense Therapy Shampoo saves the moisture and life in my hair, so when I'm done flat ironing, my hair is shiny and soft. I never really liked to use shampoo too often because it really makes the hair extra dry when applying heat, but the Dove brand does the exact opposite. It retains the moisture, so if you don't use conditioner, you won't have to worry about your ends splitting and your hair breaking off from heat damage. This shampoo has really made my hair healthier and more satisfying in my appearance.

It works. Nothing else to say in this area. I've had the worst heat damaged hair, and this shampoo has made a difference in repair.

Dove never fails in making a scent that makes you want to stand in the shower all day and wash your hair. I've gotten so many compliments on what product I use in my hair, because the scent of the shampoo sticks around for most of the day.

Not good at all

Good shampoo, good cost

Comments about Dove Heat Defense Therapy Shampoo:

This is great shampoo. I straighten my hair almost everyday and other heat protectant products can get expensive. I trust this to protect my hair from the heat, as well as a few other products, but I have to say I am happy with this. Reasonably priced and a trusted brand.