Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Dove Go Fresh Body Wash Energize Grapefruit & Lemongrass

Dove Go Fresh Body Wash Energize Grapefruit & Lemongrass

Pros

Cons

Happiness in a bar of soap.

Where to begin? I have loved Dove soaps since I was a child, it was (and still is) my Moms favorite brand of soap. I have long used their unscented beauty bars to wash my face with, and have been very happy with them, but when I saw the Dove Go Fresh- Energize, I knew I had to give it a try. I could smell the fabulous grapefruit and lemongrass scent right through the box, and was captivated. I wanted to walk around the whole store smelling it!When I tried it for the first time, I fell in love with not only the scent but the invigorating little scrubbing beads. I use this everyday when I shower, and I love that the fragrance stays on my skin. It really does help me wake up and get going in the morning! I love that Dove offers great beauty bars at affordable prices. They say you get what you pay for, but in this case you really get so much more! I would definitely reccomend this beauty bar for any one looking for a fresh, clean scent.

The Scent Is Do Die For- The Itch Made Me Want To

When staying at one of the many places I have had opportunity to stay at over the last five years, I noticed a bottle of Dove Body Wash in the shower. I didn't have any soap that I could use at the time, so I decided to try out what they had in the shower.

Dove Body Wash Energize in Grapefruit & Lemongrass scent smells divine! I absolutely love the scent of lemongrass and grapefruit. It is very strong and stays with you a while. The problem is that I got itchy- REALLY itchy. I had to stop using it.

**Ingredients**

Here is a list of ingredients if you have any sensitivities:

*Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Petrolatum, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Fragrance, PPG-9, Propylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Red 4, Yellow 5.*

I am rating this a 1 because although sodium laureth sulfate is supposed to be a more gentle alternative to sodium laryl sulfate, it is one of the worst on skin that I have seen. I have tried this with my entire family who thought I was crazy for saying sodium lauryl sulfate was awful for skin- they didn't know I changed products on them. The entire family complained of severe itching after only two uses. So it was with this stuff for me. The scent is delicious. I truly loved it. However, the severe itching I got from this stuff was enough to make me run the other way- FAST.

I absolutely LOVE the scent of this stuff. I wish it did not strip my skin and leave me with severe itching, or I would make sure to use it. The scent is invigorating and strong enough to stay with you a short while after the shower, but the itch is so bad, it isn't worth it.

Love this stuff!

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Dove Go Fresh Body Wash Energize Grapefruit & Lemongrass:

I am not so much a fan of grapefruit so when I originally smelled it in the store I didn't think I would like it. But I was wrong. The smell is really good. Fresh and clean but not too strong. The soap itself is thick and smooth. It does not leave a residue. This did not dry out my skin at all. I use this product about 3 times a week just to have a mix in cleanser. This is definitely a fresh product! Would recommended Dove Go Fresh Body Wash Energize in Grapefruit and Lemongrass.
The price is not too expensive which is great because with 7 of us in our household we use alot of soaps, cleansers, etc.
We have used Dove products forever now and I love that the brand is a good, quality brand. It is consistent time and time again.
The bottle shape and size is great for our window ledge in the shower.

Another great Dove product!

from Kansas

Comments about Dove Go Fresh Body Wash Energize Grapefruit & Lemongrass:

I absolutely love Dove products. I have tried almost every single one of them I have come across. They always perform well, smell amazing, and are fairly priced! I have dry skin and Dove products always moisturize my skin amazingly. Although this isn't my favorite Dove body wash, the Dove Go Fresh Body Wash Energize Grapefruit and Lemongrass is good.

It comes in a big bottle and is not too expensive. It smells really good, like most Dove products do. It's refreshing. It has a low lather like most of the Dove body washes, which doesn't bother me at all, but I know some people like a lot of lather. It rinses clean and doesn't leave a weird film on your skin. I found this body wash to be slightly less moisturizing that other Dove body washes but I can still use it. I have not been able to find this body wash recently though, so I’m not sure if it is still around?

Overall, I recommend the Dove Energize Grapefruit and Lemongrass. It may not be the best of the Dove body washes but it's still effective, smells great, and is fairly priced.

A great body wash for everyone!

Comments about Dove Go Fresh Body Wash Energize Grapefruit & Lemongrass:

I love Dove go fresh body wash! A friend gave me a bottle of Dove beauty body wash as a gift. I had never used it before, but she said that she really liked it and wanted to share with me. I tried it and love it. It has a great fresh fragrance that makes my skin feel and smell great after each use. it gives your skin nourishment is the #1 choice of dermatologists. I love how it lathers up and you do not need a lot for each use. It has ingredients that help keep skin moist and soft after showering. The price for this product is great compared to other body washes of it's kind. I would recommend Dove beauty body wash to everyone. It is even gentle enough to use for babies.

This body wash leaves your skin feeling fresh and smooth. It gives your skin moisture as it washes. It leaves you feeling very clean and refreshed.

I love the grapefruit and lemongrass combination. It keeps my skin smelling fresh after each use.

Great scent!

Comments about Dove Go Fresh Body Wash Energize Grapefruit & Lemongrass:

I really enjoy using this body wash from Dove because the scent is outstanding. It is one of my all time favorite smelling body washes. Dove is a great brand and makes high quality products. This body wash is certainly one of those high quality products. It does an excellent job at getting you clean. It also really does a great job at keeping my skin really soft and smooth. It definitely hydrates your skin as you use it. I use it as a body wash and as a shaving cream for my legs. It works great as both. I would highly recommend this product from Dove. It is high quality and worth the price. you pay for it.

I found it very effective at getting me clean and keeping my skin healthy. It does not dry out your skin at all and works to keep it hydrated. I experience no negative side effects while using this body wash.

The scent is amazing. It is a unique scent that you don't see often. It smells really good and leaves you smelling really good!

Refreshing body wash!

from Miami, Florida

Comments about Dove Go Fresh Body Wash Energize Grapefruit & Lemongrass:

I absolutely love this body wash and use it every morning to wake me up. The scent is light and refreshing and really wakes you up and makes you wide awake. It is my favorite body wash scent from Dove and it seems to be a hit in my area as well as they are constantly out of it and I have to now resort to ordering it online.

My favorite thing about this wash is the micro-beads located inside that scrub your skin to get rid of any dead skin. It truly feels as if I am helping my skin. The bottle is quite large at an inexpensive price and lasts me months. It lathers great and moisturizes my skin. I like to put a quarter size amount of my hands, then rub them together to create a nice thick lather before applying.

I also really like how this scent lasts on your skin all day. Some body washes from other companies only last as long as the shower itself. Dove is different in this sense; their body washes are made to last and make you feel fresh and clean all day!

I love the natural scent of this product.

from West Virginia

Comments about Dove Go Fresh Body Wash Energize Grapefruit & Lemongrass:

Although this body wash doesn't claim to be all natural and organic, it certainly smells like it is. The ingredients list will say otherwise but I do enjoy the smell of the grapefruit and lemongrass. It has a very earthy and citrusy scent melded together and it's pleasant to me. I understand this may not be everyone's preference but I find it pleasant.

The energizing part of the body wash is definitely in its scent. The smell perks up my nose and wakes up my brain when I use this in the mornings. It's refreshing and it's zingy. The body wash gets an okay lather but I could use a little more suds.

The body wash comes out creamy and it goes on smooth and silky. It isn't gritty or exfoliating but it does moisturize and leave skin feeling softer and more supple.

I am a fan of this but I do wish the bottle were designed differently. I hate not being able to turn the bottle upside down in the shower. The only thing that could make this better was if it were actually a natural product free of sulfates and the like.

I love how this feels on my skin but I do wish it lathered a little better.

I find the scent to be refreshing and awakening. It smells like a fresh cut lawn and a lemon mixed together. It's very earthy and citrusy at the same time in the best possible way.

Refreshing

from Portland, TX

Comments about Dove Go Fresh Body Wash Energize Grapefruit & Lemongrass:

The Dove Go Fresh Energize Grapefruit & Lemongrass Body Wash is just that--refreshing! Grapefruit and Lemongrass are two scents which sound unusual but when paired, they make a scent which can not be forgotten in the most pleasant way. The positive thing about this product is that it has a very unique and memorable scent. In addition, it is very affordable and comes in a large bottle. The downside is that the product basically just smells good. It does not moisturize, exfoliate, or double as a shampoo, as many other body washes do.
I like to use this product once I have used my regular body wash because it smells better than my regular body wash. I will not be purchasing this product in the future, however, because I have found that I use twice as much product between wanting to exfoliate and wanting to smell nice all in the same shower. This product is good, though, if you just want to use your body wash to clean yourself with.

A Spa in the Shower

Comments about Dove Go Fresh Body Wash Energize Grapefruit & Lemongrass:

The scent of this body wash is AMAZING. I can't say enough how much I love it. Every time I shower I look forward to using this body wash because it makes me feel like I'm at the spa! Plus it is very rich and moisturizing, so it makes me skin feel super hydrated, smooth, and soft!

Cleans my skin and invigorates my senses!

Aromatherapy in a bottle!

Smells Sensational

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Dove Go Fresh Body Wash Energize Grapefruit & Lemongrass:

We have been a Dove using family for at least twenty five years and have never been disappointed. Dove Go Fresh Body Wash Energize Grapefruit and Lemongrass is no exception. All of the Dove body washes smell good but this one is my favorite. It smells so citrusy and fresh and you can smell the nice scent almost all day long. It is a bit more expensive than other brands and it seems that Dove always is so when I see it on sale or have a coupon for it , I will pick up a couple of bottles. You do not need to use a lot to work up a soapy lather and the soap rinses clean and does not leave a soapy residue on your skin. I have pretty sensitive dry skin and this body wash does not irritate my skin with harsh chemicals or irritating ingredients. The smell is refreshing and like the name says, Engergizing. Good for men or women as it is a nice clean scent and works on all skin types. Recommended for all.

I really like to wash with this product in the morning.

Comments about Dove Go Fresh Body Wash Energize Grapefruit & Lemongrass:

Dove has done it again. I love this product line because they support women and young ladies! However, I also happen to really like their products as well. I have very dry, mature skin. Their products are great at moisturizing, so we are a perfect match! I like this body wash. The smell is as advertised, invigorating. This scent is a perfect mix to me, not too strong, yet just strong enough for me to know I used the product. I find this product to be a good, daily cleanser. I would not recommend it for nighttime use as it will wake you up and make you want to get up and go again. My husband actually comments on this product when I use it. I smell fresh and he loves the scent as well.

This product is a perfect balance of effectiveness. It cleanses well and is great for daily morning use. I bathe at least once a day (depending on the weather and my exercise for the day), and this product is gentle enough on my already dry skin not to irritate it or to dry it out further. I really like it.

Not too strong, but very pleasant. It truly is invigorating and I look forward to bathing with this product each morning.