4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

The best conditioner I can find for my thick hair

I've always had a hard time finding conditioners that are good for my thick hair, but I think I've got it now.  This conditioner is super thick and makes it very easy for a comb to go through when I'm done washing my hair ... most other conditioners make my hair feel like straw, but this feels nice and silky.  It may be the only conditioner I ever use again.

Take your foamy friend and get outta my shower!

Despite the fact that  have horrible luck with Dove haircare products, I purchased a bottle of Dove Cool Moisture Conditioner.  I had received a free bottle of Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo with my soap purchase and since I'm totally weird about my shampoo and conditioner matching I had to buy the conditioner.

I typically am not at all impressed with Dove shampoos or conditioners.  They are pricey for drugstore products, they don't usually smell very good, nor do they perform well for me.  Fortunately this conditoner completely surprised me when it not only smelled nice and fresh, but conditioned my hair well.  After shampooing with the Cool Moisture shampoo I applied the matching conditioner and was pleased to find that I only needed a small amount to coat my long hair.  I was even more pleased to find that my hair was quite manageable and soft after it was dry.

But I can only give this conditioner 3 stars because the smell became completely disgusting to me after about a week of use.  It's not terribly cucumberey but the combination of cucumber and green tea just does not sit well with me and after several days' use I just could not stomach it again and threw it and it's shampoo buddy in the trash.

My favorite

from Fairfield me

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Adds Shine
  • Gentle
  • Improves Hair Health
  • Smooths & Softens

Cons

• Too Light

• Curly Hair
  • Daily Use
  • Deep Conditioning
  • Dry Hair
  • Fine Hair
  • Thick Hair

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy/Go Fresh Cool Moisture Conditioner:

I love this product it is my favorite one out of the Dove products. It leaves a nice refreshing smell even though I feel it doesn't linger as much as I like. I have very thick frizzy hair and this smooths it and adds a nice sheen to it. Doesn't leave any residue or greasy feeling after use which is great!

• Hair Type:
  • Wavy Hair

Not good for long hair

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy/Go Fresh Cool Moisture Conditioner:

I have used a lot of the go fresh products and was happy with them, but I was not impressed at all with this conditioner. I have hair that's very thick and long and this didn't work for me or one of my daughters who also has long hair. We both had to stop using this because it was making our hair into a disaster. It was terrible to brush our hair after using this. It smelled great but made my hair extremely hard to brush and in turn caused me massive breakage. I even thoroughly brush my hair out before showering and it still was a mess to brush after using this. It even seemed to dry my hair out and made it frizzy. It would probably be fine for short hair but not long and thick hair.

Smells good but that's not everything.

Does not work for my long hair.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy/Go Fresh Cool Moisture Conditioner:

The consistency of this is very thin and runny. When I put it into my long hair it seemed like most of it just dripped off onto my shower floor. I ended up using about twice as much as I normally would. It did not hydrate my hair or smooth it down and it felt pretty course. Oddly, it made my black hair very shiny! I was surprised to see it radiating when I was outside. My hair had a really nice wave too, and I am guessing that it was because this was so light that it did not weigh it down. I ended up flat ironing my hair though, and my hair just felt dry. My hair was also hard to comb out at the end of my shower and I had to use a lot of detangling spray. It was a hassle using this on my daughter because of how long it took to get the knots out. Although she did comment on how good it smelled.

It makes my hair shiny, but it does not do much else.

It smells really light, fresh, and clean. It reminds me of spring time.

I didnt like this conditioner.

from West Virginia

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy/Go Fresh Cool Moisture Conditioner:

I bought this conditioner because I love the Dove body washes. The body washes always leave me feeling silky and soft and moisturized. This conditioner is supposed to be good for moisturizing your hair but it didn't moisturize me like I wanted.

The scent is a Go Fresh but it smells like cucumber to me. It's a pleasant scent and it really is fresh but that's all this conditioner has going for it for me. The conditioner is a bit thin. It kind of seems watered down to me. I put this product in my hair and used a bit more than the recommended amount but it still wasn't enough. I ended up using triple or quadruple the amount and I still couldn't run my fingers through my hair.

The conditioner didn't moisturize my hair. It left my hair feeling dry and tangled. I liked the smell but I felt ripped off after spending my money on this. I didn't get any softness or shine to my hair. I was disappointed in every category with this conditioner.

My hair was dry, brittle, and greasy all at the same time after using this product. It didn't moisturize or condition at all.

It has a nice cucumber scent.

Too heavy for my hair

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy/Go Fresh Cool Moisture Conditioner:

I tried this product because I had a coupon and it was on sale at our local drug store. I have to be careful when choosing conditioners because they tend to be too heavy for my fine, thin hair. This product was too heavy. I tried using a quarter sized amount and it made my hair look heavy and oily. I thought I may have been using too much. I tried a smaller amount and it made my hair look the same.
I think this product would work better for people with thicker hair. I think my hair is just too thin and this conditioner is too heavy.

This product just didn't work for me, it was too heavy and made my hair look lifeless. I think Dove makes great products, but this one was just not the best for my hair type. I would recommend this for people with thicker hair.

The scent was wonderful. It made my hair smell so good throughout the day and stayed with my hair until the next wash. The scent was light and fresh, not fruity at all.

Smells Fresh and Clean

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy/Go Fresh Cool Moisture Conditioner:

I use the Dove Go Fresh Cool Moisture Shampoo and always finish washing my hair with Dove Damage Therapy Go Fresh Cool Moisture Conditioner. I have long, naturally curly hair and need a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner because my curls tend to get dry from all of the styling products I use. Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner is the best combination of products I have ever used on my hair. My curls are more manageable, and so soft. My hair looks and feels healthier also. When I pour some of this conditioner into the palm of my hand, I am overcome by the amazing cucumber and green tea scent. The scent is strong, which I prefer because it lasts longer on my hair. I constantly get compliments on how good my hair smells. I wish Dove would make a body spray in this scent because it smells so natural and refreshing. Dove really knows what consumers want. Their products are amazing.

Pretty good

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy/Go Fresh Cool Moisture Conditioner:

I have purchased and have tried this Dove Damage Therapy/Go Fresh Cool Moisture Conditioner and I must say that it was really pretty good. I do wish that this Dove conditioner did a little moisturizing but other than that it worked really well. I mean it did a pretty good job moisturizing my hair and it did leave it pretty soft and smooth and not brittle like a lot of others. I guess that this Dove Damage Therapy/go Fresh Cool Moisture Conditioner just did not do a lot to repair the damage that was already done but it was aw to tame it temporarily. One good thing I noticed about this Dove conditioner is that it has a very nice refreshing scent that is actually kind of energizing. Another thing I love us that the cooling part of it gives you a kind of tingle. That makes it feel like it is actually working.i would certainly recommend this Dove Damage Repair to all of my friends and family. The price is very reasonable so it should be affordable for most budgets.

Amazing product, Amazing scent

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy/Go Fresh Cool Moisture Conditioner:

I love, love, love this product! I started using it in March 2007 and it is the only conditioner I have used since then. This is the longest I have stayed with the same conditioner, so that must say something! I have normal, straight hair and it works really well on it. It does give it some volume, but not too much that it is overwhelming. The scent is amazing. It really does smell like cucumbers! I have gotten a lot of compliments on it. You can still smell it in the evening, and even the next morning! I use it with the shampoo, which probably gives it an even stronger scent! I leave it in for about 5 minutes to let it soak into my hair. It leaves it soft and shiny! It is getting harder and harder to find. I try to buy it at a pharmacy because they have rewards programs, plus there are always coupons in the paper that same week. I recommend giving this product a try! Keep buying it and let Dove know because I am not sure how much longer it will be on the shelves! I promise you will not be disappointed!

It leaves hair soft and shiny!

Smells just like cucumbers!

The best conditioner I can find for my thick hair

from Halstad, MN

No tangles, ever!!

from Olive Branch, MS

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy/Go Fresh Cool Moisture Conditioner:

I have two girls that constantly have their hair pulled back into a ponytail.  They both play competitive fast pitch softball so they are either at practice or at a game.  Both are tender headed and HATE brushing their hair.  I've been known to describe their hair as a 'rats nest'.  Yes, it's that bad.

So, I searched high and low for a good, affordable conditioner.  This Dove product is both!!  Both girls love the scent of cucumber and green tea and the results are wonderful.  You don't need much product and as long as you run it through your hair you'll come out with very easy-to-brush hair.

Dove recently put a bonus bottle out too that even has a pump on it.  Unlike other pump products built to expel more product than you need, this pump puts out the right amount and is therefore not wasteful at all.

I have to say that we try all the different Dove scents in our house.  The corresponding shampoos are great too!