Other Hair Conditioners:
Dove

Pros

Cons

LOVE this stuff!

While it may seem weird to get excited about a hair product, when it's as amazing as this one is, I can't help it. A while ago I noticed that my hair was getting really dry and brittle from the [other] hair conditioner I was using, although I never figured out why, since it was a good brand. My best reason I can think of is that my hair needed a break from the previous product. So I switched to this dove product (which I found in the back of my closet) and was instantly impressed. It does EVERYTHING that a conditioner is supposed to do. Plus, it smells really good, but not at all fruity or "perfumey." After using this product only once, my hair was instantly transformed to it's usual self, in fact, it was probably even softer than normal and definitely not dry anymore. I would highly recommend this product!

Too much scent but nice feel to hair

I got my sample of this conditioner from Dove. I really like Dove products, however, I have one complaint about their products in general. They are TOO highly scented. The conditioner while moisturizing gave me a headache for two days. I had to wash twice to get it out. This is something I experienced before with Dove products.

I know, people are going to say is why try it if you know it going to give you a headache. I like Dove and I desparately want to be able to use their products but I think this is probably going to be my last try.

A question I have is why use Potassium Chloride as a thickner in conditioner. There are other more non-corrosive additives to thicken a product. I like to use conditioners with the moisturizing abilities like this Daily Moisture product as a leave-in. But the Potassium Chloride means you have to rinse and rinse really well.

That said, this conditioner really moisturizes and makes my curls pop and shine. Its a great detangler or combing conditioner. Its not heavy even though the product is thick. Just don't use it as a leave-in and as long as you rinse well and don't have my annoying problem with highly scented products. I'd recommend this to other curlies.

I'm giving it 3 stars because it is good product but I think even if you don't have allergies to scent, the scent should be a little lighter. People have so many products to use on a daily basis that the scents begin to compete.

I expected more moisture from this product.

from West Virginia

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture Conditioner:

I bought this conditioner on sale but I expected it to provide more moisture and softness to my hair. The conditioner is called Daily Moisture Therapy so I anticipated a deep, penetrating conditioning treatment.

What I got out of this was little better than water quality conditioner. The conditioner isn't as thick and creamy as I usually prefer my conditioner to be. I knew as soon as I applied the product that it wasn't what I wanted. I applied probably quadruple what the bottle recommended because I have three feet of hair. I even let the conditioner soak into my hair for about fifteen or twenty minutes while I shaved. I wasn't pleased with the results. When I rinsed my hair, it felt dry and not smooth.

When my hair dried, it was dry and tangled. My hair wasn't soft but rather starchy feeling. Starchy is not how I want my hair to feel. I didn't get any conditioning out of this. It was more drying for me than anything. It has an okay scent that is kind of tropical and fruity but the conditioner is a joke.

My hair was left dry, tangled, and not soft. I may have had a little shine but it didn't moisturize my hair at all. It wasn't what I was expecting. Perhaps I got a bad bottle.

It has a good scent. It's tropical and fruity scented.

Love this!

from Auburn, WA

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture Conditioner:

I am writing this review on Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture Conditioner. I have very thin, fine, color treated hair. Doesn't help that I use curling and/or flat irons on it, which causes additional damage. It is really hard to manage. I get split ends easily, fly aways, frizzies, you name it. I don't like to use too many products on my hair because they always just seem to damage it more. I also suffer from allergies, so the products that I use must meet certain criteria for me. My allergist and dermatologist both suggested using the entire Dove line. I have to say that I have never been happier with a product line. I love that this product does what it says it will. It helps to repair my hair, leaves it feeling soft and looking smooth and shiny. I highly recommend it. Pair it with the shampoo and you will be really pleased. I also use the body wash which is really terrific. The product is reasonably priced which is a plus. Considering I've tried a lot of salon products at a much higher price that didn't work half as well as this. I do not think that you will be disappointed trying this. Terrific products!

Okay conditioner. Not special.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture Conditioner:

This conditioner claims to be for specifically for damage, but I don't understand how. My hair is damaged from heat tools and this hasn't helped repair it much. It did add softness to my hair, but that's about it. I did not notice any more moisture than usual. If anything, the ends of my hair were actually quite dry. It didn't help with split ends or anything. They just got worse as usual. I still had breakage around the front layers of my hair. It smells good, like a light perfume. It also took some of the color out of my hair when it was dyed red, so it is not color-safe. It made my hair limp and flat. When I used a flat iron and blowdryer on my hair, my hair was not as smooth because there was not as much moisture, shine, etc. It was thick though so when I applied it and put my hair up into a bun, it did not drip off. I use it on my daughter and her hair is naturally healthy, so this is just fine for her.

This is an amazing product that will make you hair much softer.

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture Conditioner:

This is my favorite product from dove. I use it on my hair all the time and it makes it so soft instantly. I love how fast it works. Definitely a must have! I also like that the texture is really creamy. It helps it spread through my hair evenly and nourish every single strand. It also helps with dripping so that it doesn't get into my eyes or anywhere on my face.

This product does what it says and so much more. After using this, my hair is so much softer and easier to manage. I love my hair after every time I use it. It really softens it and leaves it moisturized. This was my first time using a Dove hair care product and I was so satisfied. It did what it said it would and so much more. Thank you Dove!

The scent is neutral, but doesn't smell bad. It's a very fresh smell. The scent is a little surprising considering it's a cream and not gel or foam. I personally like the smell because it's not strong.

I Love This Conditioner!

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture Conditioner:

I would never forget the first time I used this conditioner. I found it very funny because I went into the shower with two bottles of Dove Daily Moisture Conditioner, apparently when I bought it instead of picking up a shampoo and conditioner, I picked up two conditioners. After picking up the conditioner bottle, I automatically assumed the other would be shampoo and started putting it in my hair. I was amazed because I was saying the whole entire time oh my gosh this is the most moisturizing shampoo ever! When I noticed it was not lathering but looking more like conditioner, I picked up both bottles and noticed that both of them were conditioner. I was laughing at myself the whole entire time but I really did love the does of moisture this gave my hair. For some one that did not even use shampoo, my hair came out very clean. This was an awesome conditioner because not only did it thoroughly moisturize my hair but it also left it clean, soft, smooth, and a bit shiny. This is an awesome conditioner for the price and I'm happy I got two.

This came with a great amount of product for a fairly low price and I got wonderful moisturized hair each time I used it with no problems at all. Even though it is a conditioner, it did clean my hair very well and left me with wonderful looking hair. After using this conditioner a couple of times, I even noticed how much healthier my hair got.

I enjoyed the scent of this conditioner because it is very refreshing and I loved how it made my hair smell so clean throughout the day.

Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture Conditioner worked on my hair

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture Conditioner:

I received both the Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner samples in the mail. I decided to use both of them at the same time, because my hair was really messed up, due to spending time at the beach.

I washed my hair with the Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture Shampoo, and then opened the sachet of conditioner. The sachet held .28 fluid ounces (8.3 ml). I squeezed out all of the conditioner, and loved the floral/fresh smell. I rubbed my hands together, and then dabbed it onto my hair.

I then used my fingers to run the conditioner through my hair, making sure that it went right down to the ends.

I left it on for about 5 minuets, to ensure that it did what is was supposed to. After rinsing it off, my hair felt soft, smooth, and shone. The damage seemed to repair itself.

My hair felt in excellent condition after using it.

Fresh and floral.

Best conditioner for damage-prevention and silky, healthy hair

from Rowland Heights, CA

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture Conditioner:

I have tried so many conditioners, and this one is definitely the best by far. My hair is very prone to damage and dry ends, because I like keeping my hair pretty long (generally at the length that hits around the top of my waist). This conditioner definitely saves my hair from being brittle and split ends. It leaves my hair so full of moisture, so that it does not dry out into the ugly hay-like texture and break off. I have definitely noticed a difference since I switched to Dove, and occasionally when I try other conditioners for too long, they all seem to allow my hair to become dry again.

little-to-no scent in this product

Dove Damage Therapy does wonders for my dry, frizzy hair

from Joliet, IL

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture Conditioner:

I'm someone with chronic dry frizzy hair, and I'm always on the lookout for a conditioner that can actually smoooth and moisturize my hair and not just coat it with all sorts of fillers. I'd never been really satisfied with any conditioner until I found Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture Conditioner.

This stuff is SO good! Honestly, all you need to do is do a side by side comparison of this conditioner with a generic brand and just see the difference. Dove is thick and almost creamy, while most other conditoners are thin, watery and slick. When you can just see a difference like that, it's no wonder that this product gets the job done as well.

I put this product to the ultimate test last summer when I was swimming in chlorine pools (which is terrible for my hair). Not only did Dove conditioner, paired with Dove Shampoo, get all the nasty chemicals out of my hair and keep it from becoming frizzy, but it actually made it smoother than it was before. When a conditioner can do THAT, you know it has to be good.

This is the conditioner that I am currently using, and I have no plans to switch!

from Malta, IL

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture Conditioner:

Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture Conditioner is awesome. This conditioner is very unique. With most conditioners of this nature, one can't use it daily. But with this hair conditioner, it's encouraged that you use it every day. When I first learned that Dove had come out with products other than soap, I was like *no way.* But now I am her to say *yes way.* All Dove products are simply awesome and amazing. This product is no exception. I am still in awe about all this product does. It is a great product if you have dry hair. It is soooooo amazing that I am shocked that everyone who suffers from dry scalp or hair does not use this conditioner. It does not take much at all, so a bottle of it lasts an extremely long time. Well, when others in your family find out about it, it may not last as long...LOL. It doesn't leave my hair with any frizz. It doesn't leave my hair in a mess, full of tangles. It leaves my hair soft. It leaves my hair silky. It leaves my hair shiny. It leaves my hair *normal* looking. It leaves my hair healthy. I really like using it because it puts moisture in my hair and leaves it there so my hair is *normal.*

Dove Daily Moisture Therapy Conditioner

from Schenectady, NY

Comments about Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture Conditioner:

I have talked with several people who use or have used this product, and I just got finished reading the reviews on this site of this product. It does seem that most people love this product. You have my permission to add me to those. I love this product. I don't use it now, but there is a good reason as to why I don't. I won't bother you with that, but let's just say that I do love this conditoner and would have no qualms in using it again. I think it's an amazing product and really goes up and beyond what a conditioner is supposed to do. This conditioner is unique in that it puts moisture in your hair and helps retain that moisture so you don't have dry hair or a dry scalp. People with bad dandruff or dry scalp or dry hair rave over this product. I know that it really relieves dryness and actually makes the hair normal again without overdoing it. I know that some products do that but they leave the hair looking wet or weird or even oily. This is certainly not so with this product!