Other Mousses:
Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse

Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse

Pros

Cons

I tried them all and the cheap stuff works the best. Go figure.

**Quick View**

**Quick View**

I have pin straight hair but **Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse **gives it waves and body. I don't like the Pro Age line but regular Dove products - at least for my hair - seem to be excellent. I use this mousse when I want a little wave in my hair with no bothersome curling Irons or hot rollers and it works!

**Full View**

I have long, straight hair. It won't hold a curl no matter what I do. I always hated it and permed it for years until I gave up and accepted my hair for what it was. However, I still try to get a little wave out of it now and then and the only product that truly does it for me is **Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse.** I have used expensive stuff but this cheap stuff works the best!

**Curl Me, Dove**

This mousse has the same floral scent that every regular Dove product on earth seems to have but it's not so bad when in my hair. In fact, it makes my hair smell pleasant when it is dry. The mousse is white and fluffy and leaves no stiffness or flakes in my hair. I just let my hair air dry for a bit then apply a blob of the mousse through my hair. I don't even use a diffuser when I blow dry. I scrunch my hair and dry it. When I am done, my previously pin straight hair has gentle waves. I spray it with a bit of hair spray and that's it. I'm good to go. It is quite amazing how an inexpensive product like this can make such a difference but it does. I have two pictures up. One of my straight hair with nothing in it and one with just the mousse in it. Not huge bouncy curls, but a pretty decent wave for not even using a diffuser!

**My Viewpoint**

I have trashed Dove's Pro Age line for making products for mature women that smell like a funeral home. And they do. But this regular Dove product - despite its floral tendencies - doesn't have the wretched scent. It does have a strong scent but it is fairly pleasant and fades away when my hair is dry leaving just a trace of a fresh scent behind.

In all, I really like **Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse **and will continue to use it whenever I want a little bit of wave or curl in my hair. When I use it with hot rollers (A rarity), the curls are amazing. This is very good stuff! ***5 stars.***

Not so hot

I have naturally curly hair and recently tried Dove Mousse. I was surprised that it made my hair feel stiff, sticky, and tacky, as I am a fan of Dove's hairspray. The frangrance is nice, but that's about all this product has to offer. It did not define my curls or even remotely make my hair look styled. The best thing I can say is that there was no frizz!

Sticky but a good product!

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse:

This product gives amazing results but the foam is really sticky and gross feeling. The product smells really good. This is the best mousse I have ever used by dove or any other person. Go and try this product for yourself and watch you have amazing curls.

Dove's Mousse is Average

from Louisiana

Comments about Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse:

To put it quite simply, Dove's Curl and Sculpt Defining Mousse works just like any other mousse out there. It gets the job done, nothing impressive, but it does. It is fairly inexpensive, but I have found other mousse's that I prefer more over Dove, which is unusual because generally I like Dove products. There is no unique scent to this mousse. It isn't sticky, nor does it leave your hair stiff. Pretty much, the product goes on unnoticeable. It lets you work with your hair while staying together, but as for waves or curls, not so much. I also had a problem with too much foam shooting out of the top every time I pumped it out. So I would be careful how long you hold down the pump, because a bunch shoots out altogether.

Dove makes my hair sexy !!

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse:

I love using Dove mousse on my hair. My hair smells so good and looks great. This product keeps my hair looking great the whole day. Since my hair is curly it keeps my curls in place it all weather types. I feel confident and my hair is not frizz. This product is definitely worth buying and it works just as great as the very expensive brands.

Dove Curl & Sculp Defining Mousse does more than any other!

from Rainsville, AL

Comments about Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse:

Dove Curl and Sculp Defining Mousse works so good that I am hoping you are reading this review just because you like it too and want to read about others who like it as good as you do. No? Oh boy, are you in for a treat. I tried probably all styling products, but this one works better than any other. It doesn't leave your hair sticky or unmanageable. It leaves your hair shiney, defrizzed, and looking great. I am always amazed at how easy it is to fix my hair now. It doesn't take long, and the hold lasts all day and into the evening. Even on windy days, I don't have to worry about fixing my hair. It's amazing. Do you know how a newscaster's hair looks? That's how mine looks all the time. It really is a gift from God. Of course, all Dove products are great. I do not think that they make bad products. I was so happy when I found out they had started making other products besides soap. That was the best move they have made.

Dove Curl and Sculpt Defining Mousse is great

from Shelby, NC

Comments about Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse:

Dove Curl and Sculpt Defining Mousse is great. If you are a fan of Dove products like I am, then you know that this is a great product. It is really fantastic. It styles your hair with little work for you. It's almost as if it does it itself. LOL. I am not kidding. I like start styling, and in no time, I am done. It holds my style all day. It also doesn't cause a greasy or unnatural look. I like all that.  it leaves my hair really manageable if something were to happen to it during the day (which is very unlikely because of the way it holds, but that option is there). It washes out quickly and easily, and it really is a great product--one you should try. I like the fact that it causes no frizz when you are styling your hair. There's no stickiness, no stiffness, just product that's ready to do its job. What else can I say, except reach through the computer screen, grab your car keys, and take you to the store to get this product!

Just Alright for Me

from Saint Clair Shores, MI

Comments about Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse:

I had a coupon for Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse and as I was getting low on mousse. As I  am not brand loyal, I decided to purchase a bottle.

First, on the plus side, it is cheap and it does hold and style well.  It also brings out my slightly wavy hair and makes it bouncy, which is what I am looking for in a mousse.  On the negative, though, I have to use alot to get the proper effect, and my hair looks frizzy and dry.  Frizzy and dry is never good.

I think will not be purchasing this product again.  The quantity you have to use overrides any savings you get with the price.  This is one case of "you get what you pay for."  I think if Dove can eliminate the frizzys, focus on hair being softer, and make it so one does not have to use so much, then it would be a great product and I would consider purchasing this again.  Maybe Dove is trying too hard to expand their product line too quickly?

I'm a picky girl and I use this.

from Trenton, OH

Comments about Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse:

I take a lot of pride in my hair because It is beautiful and extremely curly, but it can be really frizzy if I don't take the right precautions. I switch up my hair products every time I buy a new one. I'm pretty much on a rotating schedule because I have found if I use the same one it stops working. Dove is in my rotation as well as paul mitchell, herbal essence, pantene and revlon. I like dove a lot, not only for its price and comparable quality to salon products, but because it is extremely light and does not weigh my curls down, which is very important to me. I like a lot of body and I hate it when hair products weigh my hair down or make it cruchy. Dove doesn't do either. Also some days I do not get to shower, like if I am running late, and so I have to put more product on top of what is already on there. Dove works well when doing that, you can't really tell I missed the shower that day.

Love the dove curl mousse

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse:

I really prefer mousse over gel! I really love the smell of the dove. It does not make my hair feel nasty after using it. I have crazy hair so it helps keep the frizz down as well. The cost of it is not outrageous and you can always get a coupon for the stuff. The bottle seems to last me forever! I do not do my hair every day though. I am assuming if you use it daily that it would last a month-three months matters how much hair you have and how much you put it. I love the smooth feel of the bottle. It stays in all day till I wash it out and helps keep my hair a little more curlier than frizzy. It is easy to get out of the bottle so no real messes if you are careful. It is  a little bit sticky on your hands but easy to wash off! You do not need very much of it to use in your hair so do not over do it or I think your hair would become crunchy. Over all the product does what it says it will do and smells good too!

One of the best mousse products I've found.

from Sterling Heights, MI

Comments about Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse:

I use Dove's Curl and Sculpt Defining Mousse every time I style my curly hair.  I can honestly say that I appreciate the way this holds my curls all day long but doesn't look like I piled on an extravagant amount of styling product.  It looks natural.  I have had curly hair all my life and have tried many, many other brands of mousse.

However, it's easy to use too much of this product in my hair leaving it a little crunchy and stiff, but never sticky.  Although I believe that is user error on my part. When using some other mousse products I didn't have to worry as much about that issue. So in comparison it's a little less easy to work with.

The scent is nice and doesn't have the smell of chemicals or alcohol that some other less expensive brands sometimes have. The smell doesn't stay all day long, which I appreciate so that it does not interfere with my perfume.

Not so hot