Other Body Lotions:

Dove Cream Oil Intensive Body Lotion

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Instant relief for extra dry skin.

I was pleasantly surprised with the soothing results I had when using *Dove Cream Oil Intensive Body Lotion*.  Because it is a cream oil, I was expecting it to be very greasy or oily, but that's not how it is at all.  The formula comes out of the bottle white, and looks like a regular lotion.  However, when you rub it into your hands, you can feel the oil mixed in with it.  It glides onto your skin and it feels almost like your skin is drinking it in, because there is absolutely no greasy feeling left on your hands when you're done.

During winter months, my hands are so extremely dry.  Although I am always applying some kind of moisturizer, they still remain so dry they hurt.  But once I apply *Dove Cream Oil*, I feel an instant relief.  Cold weather is brutal on our skin, and for some reason, the skin on  legs seems to dry out all the time.  *Dove Cream Oil*is a LIFESAVER!  I don't know a product that gives my skin such a feeling of re-hydration.

**What makes *Dove Cream Oil* so refreshing?**  According to Dove, it's because the formula includes TWO powerful moisturizers.  Nourishing oil AND a rich hydrating cream.  Maybe that's what feels so extra special about it when it is applied!

The scent is pleasant, but is in no way flowery or perfumey.  It is a mild aroma that certainly wont overpower any other perfume or cologne you want to wear.

If you are a dry skin sufferer like me, then I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this product!  I like it so much, in fact, that I'm going to purchase the body wash as well.

Expected intense moisture but only got enough to get me by

I am a faithful user of Dove products since a very young age and when I saw the advertisement coupon for this new Dove Cream Oil simultaneousy at the time I ran out of my other Dove night lotion (which I love) I thought that I would give it a try. After all, the commercial promises softer and more moisturized skin than (I suppose being new) anything else that they have made. So, I bought the bottle the next day and took it home, eager to try it after I showered (the usual routine). Sadly, I wasn't impressed and longed for my original Dove Regenerating night lotion back. It didn't moisturize any better and it also smelled a lot more intense (or suffocating) rather than clean or fresh like I would have liked.It isn't the worst lotion I have tried but I definitely recommend the other Dove lotions highly before I would recommend this.

Absolutely the best!

from Memphis, TN

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Long Lasting
  • Moisturizes Well
  • Not Greasy
  • Smells Great
  • Softens Skin

Cons

• After Shower/Bath
    • Bedtime
    • Deep Moisturization
    • Dry/Chapped Skin
    • Winter Dryness

Comments about Dove Cream Oil Intensive Body Lotion:

Dove Cream Oil is my go to, everyday lotion. I especially love to use it after I shave because it absorbs quickly and moisturizes my freshly shaved legs. I use this as an all over body lotion all year round and have not suffered with dry skin since I started using it.

a mild great workin skin oil

Comments about Dove Cream Oil Intensive Body Lotion:

Dove cream oil has worked wonders for my skin and I was thrilled with the immediate results after just the first use. I like a product like this one because not only is it mild but also can be used on my whole body and has all the benefits to take care of all types of skin so it works well for everyone in my family and I save money.

I am very sensitive to a lot of highly perfumed skin products but this one does not bother me and it only has a light fresh and clean scent that does not linger for a long time on my skin.

Absorption
    This skin cream is highly concentrated and thick but absorbs quickly into my skin and keeps working all day long without leaving behind a greasy residue.

I like a body care product that all the people in my family can use and this lotion is it. I have sensitive skin and many skin combinations on my body and this skin cream has helped level them out and heal them.

• Absorption:

Another slam dunk from Dove's lotion line!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Dove Cream Oil Intensive Body Lotion:

Dove Cream Oil Intensive Body Lotion is another product that I love from the Dove company. I just recently purchased this lotion as a Christmas gift to myself to try to combat my winter dry skin. As soon as it gets cold outside, my skin loses all moisture. My skin get so dry that I can scrape the dry skin off. I have to exfoliate nearly every day. This lotion really helps with this problem. I noticed right away that my skin felt smoother and softer to the touch. I stopped having to exfoliate every single day and I was able to go almost four days without having to scrub off dry skin. It is a cream oil lotion, but it is not greasy or oily, which I also really like. I really enjoy the scent of this lotion. It really absorbs into my skin (so does the lotion!) and sticks with it for a long time. I like that I can still smell on my skin hours later. My skin also stays soft for hours after I use this product. This product is wonderful and that is why I am giving it a nine out of ten.

A little too oily

Comments about Dove Cream Oil Intensive Body Lotion:

The dove cream oil intensive body lotion felt a little too oily for me. I have very dry skin and I thought this would work, but it felt greasy. I think it is meant for ashy or super dry skin. A little goes a long way. But this lotion does smell really good. And it is a great buy for the price.

Mediocre

from Arlington, TX

Comments about Dove Cream Oil Intensive Body Lotion:

Dove always boasts that its products are good for your skin and is very moisturizing. For the most part, that is true, but that is not the case with this product. I was expecting this product to work exceptionally well because with a name like cream oil, it sounded like it was going to moisturize to the point of making you a grease ball! It was not that expensive and was what I would expect from a lotion of this caliber. The smell was not bad; Dove hardly makes any products with unbearable smells. The lotion was creamy and not very thick. I was very surprised and thought that for a lotion that is supposed to moisturize well, that it was so thin. I applied it on and it dried nicely but it did not really moisturize my skin. I was very disappointed because I usually love Dove products but I don't know what went wrong with this one. Overall, I'd say that you shouldn't buy this. It doesn't work well and you can do a better job with cocoa butter!

Love it!

from Miami, FL

Comments about Dove Cream Oil Intensive Body Lotion:

Dove Cream Oil Lotion:  I think this a a fantastic product!  I have both dry and sensitive skin.  The cream oil lotion is silky smooth, lightly fragranced and dries quickly and grease-free. I put it on after my morning shower, and even into bedtime my skin is still soft, hydrated and silky smooth. I will happily continue to use this product as long as Dove continues to make it!

Dove cream oil

from New York, NY

Comments about Dove Cream Oil Intensive Body Lotion:

Someone gave me the Dove Cream oil intensive body lotion.  The cold climate really

does a number on my skin.  Here we go...another lotion.  It's a Dove lotion...I can't go

wrong.  Well I was sooo right.  As I applied it on my chapped hands...I felt the lotion

just soak into my skin..it just ate it right up.  My hands felt so new and smooth.

I used the extra dry skin advanced formula...I guess they had me in mind.

Dove is a great product..I almost forgot...the scent is soo nice and light not heavy,

moisturizing lotion!

from Riverside, CA

Comments about Dove Cream Oil Intensive Body Lotion:

this is a great moisturizing lotion. i have experiemented with many lotions aimed for dry skin, and this lotion from dove was one fo the lotions that i have tested out. i really like this lotion because it dones't linger on your skin after you apply it, and it definately absorbs quickly into your skin. the lotion is not oily or greasy, despite the fact that creme oil is included in the lotion ingredient. i like the smell, but if you prefer more heavily scented lotion, then i would not recommend this lotion, because the scent is not very floraly or anything... it's hard to describe but the smell is not very fragrant. that's the only reason why i gave this product a 4 stars instead of the perfect 5 stars. other than that, the lotion is very inexpensive, and it costs even less when you find a coupon in the sunday papers or online. if you want smooth skin, then this lotion is the definate one for you!

Love this lotion!

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Dove Cream Oil Intensive Body Lotion:

Dove cream oil intensive body lotion is a really great product.  I was not sure about the Dove name just because I had never used a lotion of their's before. But, this product really is good.  I love the scent and the combination of the oil and lotion together make for a nice, silky feel afterwards.  It is great for summer use when you are shaving your legs a lot and you want a really smooth feel and look.  My husband loves feeling my legs after I use this lotion.  I can't complain about the scent either.  It isn't overpowering like a lot of perfumey lotions. I tend to have a bit of eczema sometimes in the winter and I have not had a problem using this lotion at all.  It does not make my skin sensitive like a lot of other lotions either.  Overall, it is a great product, perfect for every day use, smells good, and makes your skin feel luscious!  It's a silky smooth experience for your body!

Dove Cream oil is indulgent!

from Bellingham, WA

Comments about Dove Cream Oil Intensive Body Lotion:

I received this as a gift because all my friends know how crazy I am about Dove and all their products. What they didn't really know is that I'm not a huge fan of their lotions because their soaps and body washes all do such a great job of moisturizing my skin that I can always skip the lotion step after taking a shower! I decided to try this lotion in winter because my skin tends to be drier and needs some extra help in the cold months!

The consistency of the lotion is thick like a cream, but it is very easy to apply. It is not too thick like the Nivea cream I am used to using on much drier areas of my skin. It goes on very smoothly and is so easily absorbed onto my skin. It doesn't leave a greasy feel, just a smooth one.

I like it for what it is, but when shopping for a new bottle, the price floored me and I don't think I would shell out that much money for this lotion, even though it is great!