Other Women's Deodorants:
Dove
Dove Clinical Protection Visibly Smooth - Wild Rose

Dove Clinical Protection Visibly Smooth - Wild Rose

Whoa there rose smell! Good deodorant but scent too strong.

from Quincy, WA

Comments about Dove Clinical Protection Visibly Smooth - Wild Rose:

I don't know, maybe I got a batch with double the perfume in it but my stick of Dove Ultimate Visibly Smooth Wild Rose was way too strong. I smelled it literally all day and all night. I guess that says something about the long lasting endurance of this deodorant. I don't think I am overly sensitive, but I didn't really like such a strong fragrance hanging about me constantly. It was too floral sweet. Other than the scent- this was good deodorant. I loved the concept that it minimizes the appearance of underarm hair over time. Unfortunately, due to the scent I discontinued use after two weeks so a little too soon to really tell for me, but my armpits did seem smoother and the hair was a little finer. I love the long-lasting nature. It really did protect against wetness and odor much better than other deodorants. I have been disappointed by clinical productsin the past and this one seemed to live up to the promise. I just wish they had this exact product available in a different much lighter scent.

Amazingly awesome...this stuff really does what it says

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Dove Clinical Protection Visibly Smooth - Wild Rose:

When I first picked up this product, the scent is what got me.  It smells amazing and I'm always into changing up things.  Then I realized that it says it will minimize hair growth, soften hair, and make it appear less.  I absolutely love it.  Sidenote:  the protection is a lot better than the regular Dove deodorant.

Try it..you won't be disappointed!

Thanks for the try Dove...

from Denver, CO

Comments about Dove Clinical Protection Visibly Smooth - Wild Rose:

I was captivated by what this Dove Clinical Protection Visibly Smooth in Wild Rose claims to do--reduce the appearance of underarm hairs. I have really coarse and dark hair so I especially was excited about this possibility. First off, the Dove deodorant was a little pricier than others. I'm used to the cheap brands, but I was willing to give this one a shot. Secondly, the scent is awesome. I love the scent. Not overpowering, very feminine and lovely. The wetness and odor protection it provided was great. I went through the entire stick, but didn't seem to notice any change in the appearance of my underarm hairs. Disappointing! I even went and bought the same product, but in a different scent to see if that would be any better. After using the entire second stick, I didn't see any difference. Thoroughly disappointing, but good try Dove! I guess it doesn't deliver for everyone. It's worth a shot--sounds so awesome if it works out for yoU!

I am hooked on Dove Clinical Protection, Visibly Smooth!

from Conway, SC

Comments about Dove Clinical Protection Visibly Smooth - Wild Rose:

I found Dove's Clinical protection, visibly smooth, wild rose on clearance. Being someone with very sensitive skin, I literally DOVE on to the opportunity to try something new and inexpensive. I am almost done with my first one but I have to say... I am HOOKED on it! The scent is not over powering - actually - it just about disappears after an hour of wearing it! It is easy to apply and goes on nice and smooth. The price (regular shelf price) is competitive with the other brands but Dove tends to release coupons every so often. It controls odor and my skin feels great! No irritation, no bumps. Just nice smooth armpits (after shaving of course). The bottle states that it minimizes the visual appearance of hair over time but I have not noticed that yet. Maybe when I use my next one it will start minimizing? All in all, this is a great product if you can find it at a good price. I would recommend at least trying it.

Dove Clinical Strength Nearly Perfect

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Dove Clinical Protection Visibly Smooth - Wild Rose:

I'm just one of those people that seems to have overactive glands under my arms.  It could be freezing out and I'll still be sweating, it's pretty gross.  I was looking for something to stop the wetness, not really odor, as that's not a problem.  After a few weeks of using this product I can say that it has indeed, reduced the underarm wetness.  Unfortunately, there are a few drawbacks.  First, it is a bit pricey.  If you pay attention to sales and coupons you can probably get it for about five bucks, but otherwise you'll be paying double what regular deodorant goes for.  The other issue I have with it is that it makes my armpits more sensitive, especiallly when shaving.  It doesn't hurt, but it seems a bit rougher when using a razor. I also haven't really noticed my hair being less visible, but perhaps it takes a longer usage time before that happens.  Right now, however, the pros are outweighing the cons and I will continue to use it.

The Stength is clinical but not the scent

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Dove Clinical Protection Visibly Smooth - Wild Rose:

Dove Clinical Protection visibly smooth-wild rose, is a gentle scent that leaves you feeling dry all day. I tried it with a coupon and I got both the rose, and the original scent. This product is strong and effective. The very light floral fragrance of the wild rose is just enough to let you forget that it's actually a clinical protection version of the product. Yet is will still not clash with your perfume, shampoo, or other beauty products in your routine.

This does on smoother than I would expect from a stick but not as smooth as clear gel. As far as I noticed, it will not stain clothes, but I do not make guarantees about your fabrics. this is definitely a boost in confidence and does not have to be re-applied as often as the other brands I have tried, including regular Dove deodorant. If I were expecting a long day, or travel, and wanted to feel my best, I would certainyl purchase Dove Clinical Protection visibly smooth in wild rose again.

great scent, powerful anti-perspirent

from Mansfield, TX

Comments about Dove Clinical Protection Visibly Smooth - Wild Rose:

I took the "Dove challenge" to try this product and find out if it has the results it claims. I'm a little surprised to say it did.

First of all, I chose this deodorant almost exclusively for the scent. It smells great, and I love smelling great all day. I quickly found that it goes on smooth, feels creamy, and controls perspiration all day. It's the best anti-perspirent I've used (though I've never tried a clinical strength deodorant before).

As for visible smoothness, I've got to say I did notice this. My underarms are soft as baby skin after I shave. This is supposed to make your underarm hair softer and less noticeable. If it grows out just a little, it's definitely noticeable. But it is softer, and I am never "prickly" after shaving. So the results are not super dramatic, but it certainly had the effect it claimed to have. Just don't expect magic.

I definitely recommend this product! I recently used one of my old deodorants and felt almost like I hadn't used it after experiencing Dove Visibly Smooth. It's a great product!

Dove Clinical Visibly Smooth Smells and works great.

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Dove Clinical Protection Visibly Smooth - Wild Rose:

I live in Orlando, Fl and it is very hot and humid most of the time and I tend to sweat a lot. Most deodorants I have tried don't seem to last long enough. I tried the Dove Clinical Protection Visibly Smooth deodorant because I wanted to try something new and I love things that are rose scented. It has a wonderful smell to it and it lasts hours, and I noticed that when I do sweat the rose scent seems to get a little bit stronger which I love. Another good thing about it is it never leaves marks on my clothes which I hate about most deodorants. It also claims to reduce appearance of hair and keep you stubble free for longer, at first I didn't notice a difference but after using it for a few weeks I didn't have to shave as often and when I did it was a much smoother shave, and my underarms were incredibly smooth. It did not reduce the appearance of the hair like it said though. It is a bit pricey but I love it and I think it is worth it.

Clinical Protection, Visibly Smooth: smooth indeed.

from Norwalk, CT

Comments about Dove Clinical Protection Visibly Smooth - Wild Rose:

In the race for the most effective antiperspirant/deodorant EVER, the "clinical" label is currently in the lead for the most hype. But not only is this rose-scented one advertised as clinically strong, but it also promises to keep your armpits stubble-free for longer. And it's ALSO supposed to be moisturizing. Is there anything this humble deodorant (supposedly) can't do? Well, can it even do those things?

**Scent:**

It does smell like roses. Unfortunately, I hate floral scents. Fortunately, it's pretty subtle.

**Clinical strength:**

Yes, it does last! If applied before bed (2 clicks in each 'pit), I'm still pleasant before bed the following evening.

**Stubble:**

Um. If this actually works, it's either very subtle or very slow. Or the weasel words "minimizes the visual appearance..." are important here. I don't spend a lot of time LOOKING at my own stubble, just generally feeling it. Sensing its presence.

**Moisturizing:**

Yes! This is a very moisturizing product for something that is supposed to be drying.

**Does the dishes:**