Other Women's Deodorants:
Dove
Dove Clinical Protection Cool Essentials Anti Perspiration Deodorant

Dove Clinical Protection Cool Essentials Anti Perspiration Deodorant

really is more effective

Comments about Dove Clinical Protection Cool Essentials Anti Perspiration Deodorant:

My underarm perspiration seems to have become worse over time, so I decided to seek out a more powerful product. I was skeptical that the "clinical" strength would do anything special, but I was pleasantly surprised. This product dramatically reduces my underarm wetness and odor.

I move around all day at work, and I have 8- or 9-hour shifts. Dove Clinical ensures that I don't have odor or wet spots on my shirt even at the end of the day.

I also wear this to the gym. Of course no product can stand up to an hour of full-on running, so I do sweat, but the odor is significantly reduced.

If I had one wish (and this is why I rated it a 9 instead of a 10), I would love for the product to be completely clear. I have to make sure to apply it after I get dressed and avoid bumping my shirt, because it does leave white marks if I'm not careful. However, it does wash out without leaving a stain, and if I wear it to the gym with a sleeveless tank, it looks okay as long as I use a thin layer.

Would recommend! This is now my go-to deodorant.

DOVE DEODERANT WORKS

from Coatesville, PA

Pros

Cons

THIS DEODERANT WORKS VERY WELL. IT HAS A GREAT SCENT. IT IS NOT TOO STRONG OF A SCENT, IT IS SUBTLE YET JUST ENOUGH AND NOT OVERPOWERING. IT REALLY KEEPS ME DRY. IT IS VERY EFFECTIVE. IT IN NOT IRRATATING TO THE SKIN. A LITTLE BIT GOES A LONG WAY. THE DIAL UP APPLICATOR IS MESS FREE AND DELIVERS THE PERFECT AMOUNT. IT IS A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE THE OTHER DEODERANTS HOWEVER, IF YOU NEED THAT EXTRA PROTECTION IT IS VERY MUCH WORTH IT. THERE ARE COUPONS QUITE OFTEN FOR THIS PRODUCT. DOVE ALSO SENDS OUT A NICE SAMPLE SIZE TO TRY BEFORE INVESTING IN IT, OR IS GREAT FOR TRAVEL OR KEEPING IN YOUR PURSE. IT IS VERY SMOOTH WHEN APPLYING. I HAVE NEVER BEEN DISSAPOINTED WITH DOVE'S PRODUCTS, AND THIS LIVES UP TO THE DOVE NAME. DOVE MAKES QUALITY PRODUCTS AND HAS BEEN AROUND FOR DECADES BECAUSE OF THEIR GREAT PRODUCTS AND REPUTATION. THIS DEODERANT IS AVAILABLE BASICALLY ANYWHERE, FROM GROCERY STORE TO DRUG STORES TO MASS RETAILERS.

Great Protection and a Great Product

from Pinellas Park, FL

Dove Clinical Protection Antipersperant Deoderant is a great product!  I can definitely tell a diference in its dryness protection compared to a standard antipersperant.  I would say that the dryness protection lasts anywhere from eight to twelve hours.  The product goes on smooth and does not irritate the skin.  I have very sensitive skin, and I have never had a problem with tolerating this product.  As a matter of fact, I find the deoderant to be very gentle and even moisturizing to my skin.  Also the scent is very nice.  The fragrance is sweet and long lasting without being overwhelming or obnoxious.  Again, I am very sensitive to many different scents, but this was not bothersome to me at all.  This product is more costly than a regular deoderant, but I'd say its definitely worth the extra money, and a savvy shopper will be able to find sales and coupons to discount the product.  I would highly recommend Dove Clinical Protection!

Dove Clinical Protection Cool Essentials: effective.

from Norwalk, CT

Prior to the "clinical" antiperspirant trend of late, I relied upon old-fashioned unscented Mitchum. You know the commercials: "So strong, you could skip a day." I never did, but I could have!

Other antiperspirants, especially the ones for women:

- were scented too heavily

- had weird scents, anyway (what does "sport" and "fresh breeze" smell like, anyway?)

- didn't last long enough

So I stuck to Mitchum, my reliable friend. Then, of course, I started seeing the word "clinical" all over and thought these must surely be the next best thing to armpit surgery.

**Texture: **

Very creamy, dispensed by turning a dial and clicking through the top of the container. Two clicks on each side is my particular clinical dose. Yes, it does seem less drying than other antiperspirants. It also does leave a residue on my clothing.

**Scent:**

This is billed as "cucumber and green tea." I can soooort of detect some cucumber in here, but it doesn't last long. It's a very nice, subtle scent, and isn't a full-on chemical assault, like so many other deodorant products out there. The scent also does fade fairly quickly, which for me is an advantage.

**Does it work?**

Yes! Yay! If I apply it before bed, I still smell decent when I go to bed the next evening.

Unilever Dove Clinical Protection is okay

from Salem, NH

I recently tried Dove Clinical Protection Prescription strength anti-perspirant and I think the smell is great.  I purchased the cool essentials cucumber scent and I love how fresh and clean the anti-perspirant smells.  I have used it on a daily basis to help with under arm perspiriation.  On a scale of one to ten I think it is about a six.  I did not feel that it does that great of a job of to prevent wetness and keep me dry but it does do a great job of keeping me smelling fresh.  I don't like how it is a wet anti-perspirant rather than a dry bar.  I usually have to wait a few minutes after I apply it to my underarms in order for it to dry.  I do feel it works well immediately after apply but definitely does not have the all day protection I would hope a prescription strength anti-perspirant would have. I think this product is may work for somes better than for others.  I think that you should give it a try and see for yourself.

Keeps you dry and fresh without smelling terrible

from Salem, IL

I am unfortunately a 'heavy sweater' type of person.  This means that just sitting at work typing or answering the phone, I can sweat like a fat kid running after a piece of choclate cake.  All through my teenage years I had this same problem and never knew what to do about it.  My own home 'fixes' were strange and didn't really cut it, I was constantly in the bathroom spraying perfume and blotting my armpits with toilet paper- nice huh?  Especially for a teenage girl it was SO embarrassing, and even now as an adult it can be horrific to have pit stains!  Dove Clinical is a LIFE SAVER!  Every time I use it I am amazed at how well it works.  I don't have to worrry anymore about customers thinking I have some kind of strange issue because I smell like men's deorderant or have sweat pouring from my armpits, I can raise my hands and not feel self-concious.  What a relief it has been.  Dove Clinical works so well and it even smells great, a definite confidence booster in my book!

Dove clinical protection Anti Perpirant Deoderant is great.

from Apollo Beach, FL

Pros

Cons

Dove clinical protection Anti Perpirant Deoderant has been a great product for me.  I do have a bit of a sweating problem and this made my underarms feel like they never get wet. It goes on smooth and smells really good. The best part is I can put it on at night and be good all through the next day, which is what is recommend on the directions.  This is amazing. It works all day, no wetness, no overpowering scent. It is moisturizing at the same time, so no red bumps. I was hesitant to try this at first, but I'm glad I did. It seemed like an expensive deoderant and a cheaper one might work just as well.  I was wrong.  Also, it goes on invisible so I have not had any problems with white marks. A phenomenal product for me.  I do not know how I lived without this.  I have always struggled with deodorants not being powerful enough, and it was so embarrassing.  Excellent wetness control for me, and odor control.

Dove clinical strength deoderant really does work.

from Germantown, TN

This product keeps me from sweating during the day. I put it on every night before bed, and sometimes I use it during the day too. It can be used either way.  It has a good scent, and makes my underarms feel smooth.  Sometimes it does make them feel a little too dry, but not too often. Overall it is a wonderful product.