Other Women's Deodorants:
Dove
Dove Clinical Protection Anti Perspirant Deodorant Solid - Cool Essentials

Dove Clinical Protection Anti Perspirant Deodorant Solid - Cool Essentials

Dove Clinical Protection Deoderant keeps my dry and smiling!!

I first tried Dove Clinical Strength Deoderant about three years ago.  I had seen the ads on television and then I got a coupon out of the Sunday paper so I figured why not.  Normally I am fine as far as perspirant during the winter months but come spring and summer it is a totally different ballgame.  I am outside a good bit of the time a we raise dogs and have horses which we trail ride and playday with which means lots of outside chores.  You have heard of the expressions - sweats like a pig - well thats me during the summer.  I am a clean person so I get embarrassed when I sweat because you know that leads to stinky armpits - yuck!!  Well from the minute I tried Dove Clinical Strength was hooked.  Not only did it cut back the majority of excessive sweating from my armpits but it completely stopped any smell.  I do not worry now like I used to because I know I do not stink - Yeah!!!  As an added benefit I have the softest underarms now from using the Dove which is great. It is a little pricey but you do not have to constantly apply it as I used to with the regular deoderant.  In the long run the benefits far outweight the cost in my eyes.  Thanks Dove!!

Dove Clinical works but is it safe? I'll let others find out!

***Quick View: ***I don't generally perspire much at all but this winter, I have been bundling up to go outside then getting too warm in the car and at times, I end up sweat stains under my arms from the extreme temperatures. Ugh. I picked up some of this antiperspirant deodorant on sale hoping it would stop any perspiration that may occur this winter. I actually perspire more in winter than summer! Anyway, it works well enough but leaves terrible white marks on all my clothes unless I use it at night which then gives my underarms no time to breathe and release toxins.

***My Take on Dove Clinical Protection Antiperspirant & Deodorant Solid, Cool Essentials***

This product is supposed to be much better at stopping wetness than the average antiperspirant. It says it is "prescription strength" and claims to last  for 24 hours. It comes in a swivel up container with little holes in it for the white creamy substance to be applied. The price is high for this type of product but, if it does all it says, I am sure many people don't care about the extra cost.

The scent is subtle and nice. Application is easy and **Dove Clinical Protection Antiperspirant & Deodorant Solid** smooths right on and doesn't sting even after shaving. It is supposed to have one quarter moisturizers to smooth the skin.

As far as how it works, it seems to perform well. As I said, I'm not generally one to perspire a lot so my case may be a simpler one than those who do. I haven't noted any breakthrough perspiration when I used this product.

BUT! This stuff leaves white marks all over my clothes. I mean ALL OVER! I first noticed it when I looked at my navy blue sweater and saw all kind of white residue everywhere. It took a lot to get it off! The next time I used the Dove product, I was wearing a purple top. I had white marks all over the underarm area and all down the side of my top. I scrubbed with a white washcloth and clear water and those marks still didn't come completely off.

I even put a top through the washer and dryer and there was STILL a bit of residue on it!

I then looked on the net and saw that it was supposed to be applied at BEDTIME and not in the morning like every other antiperspirant in the world. I was not down with that. That would probably take care of the white marks but plugging up my pores all night and all day sounds dangerous. There are lymph nodes right there that don't need to be bombarded with chemicals day and night. I stopped using the product at that point and bought an invisible solid one that works fine. I guess my last deodorant was failing me. But I don't need or want clinical protection if it doesn't give my skin time to breathe.

While **Dove Clinical Protection Antiperspirant & Deodorant Solid** does seem to work to stop perspiration, I wonder if it doing damage to the area by not allowing the body to breathe and release toxins at night. It's not worth the worry for me.

***My Viewpoint***

**Dove Clinical Protection Antiperspirant & Deodorant Solid** may work for those who need extra protection against perspiration. It doesn't seem to fail in that way. It is easy to apply and smells nice. However, if you apply it in the morning, as I was, you will get white marks all over your clothes and it may not work for you. If you apply it at night, you rob your body of of precious time to eliminate toxins naturally and for the area to breathe***. I am going with 3 stars. ***It's effective but is it safe? I would only use this product is nothing else worked and I absolutely had to. I am sure it has been tested and it wouldn't be on the market if it was a huge danger. I just don't think anyone with normal perspiration issues who wants protection should use it. Many daily products work great for normal use and allow the area to breathe at night.

Invisible but not very anti-perspirant

from Schenectady, NY

Comments about Dove Clinical Protection Anti Perspirant Deodorant Solid - Cool Essentials:

I have been using Dove Clinical Protection for about two months.  I found it in the regular drugstore deodorant aisle.   I bought it before taking a warm weather vacation, thinking it would be great to stay dry all day long while on-the-go.  Unfortunately, this product doesn't really deliver on its promises for either vay-cay or everyday wear.  I still need to reapply it after strenuous activities or being out in hot weather for a few hours.  I am not even that sweaty!

On the positive sides, I have found it to truly be invisible.  It dries fairly quickly.  There are no white spots or unsightly clumping.  This product doesn't make deodorant marks on my clothes, even in the underarm area.  That's pretty impressive, and helps this product rate higher than it otherwise would be.

I think the scent is pleasant and light without smelling like soap or baby powder.  Once it's on, the scent is almost undetectable.

I will not be buying this product again.

Dove Clinical Deodorant is for me

from Auburn, NY

I used to hate deodorant, it seemed it never did its job right... not that I ever used anything really expensive, but what did I know? My mom started using Secret Clinical a few years ago when it first came out, so I tried it too. I liked it. After a year or so of using that, I came across Dove Clinical and decided to try it. I figured it might work just as well as the Secret and Dove is a tad bit cheaper. Now I'll use either but I do like the Dove better. Mainly, I prefer the cap and the way it goes on. With Secret clinical, I am always getting it on my clothes if I don't let it dry long enough and for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to happen with the Dove.

I also like that Dove Clinical deodorant is not too smelly. Strong scents are a big turnoff for me with any product (hair products, body creams, etc).

And best of all Dove clinical works. I don't ever have to worry about having sweat stains on my clothes. I am glad to have found a product that actually works for me.

nice pretty scent, great protection

from Mount Pleasant, MI

My daughter swares by this deodorant. I wasn't too sure especially because of the price. It's not cheap, but after trying a free sample I found that it really is a good product. I wish it wasn't so expensive, but it really does work well. I like the scent and it provided great protection even on hot sticky days.

I don't use this product all the time because it is so costly. However, I am more inclined to use it durning the summer months and I liked the scent. It's not overpowering. My favorite is "Energize" it's a light citrus grapefruit/lemongrass combination. Perfect for summer :)

The downside is that I don't see this on sale very often and even when it is on sale it's still about twice as expensive as other name brand deodorants. Yet, the product does what it claims to do and seems to do it well. The upside is that it really does seem to last so it doesn't require multiple applications even on the hottest summer days.

I would recommend this product to my friends and family.

Dove Clinical works but is it safe? I'll let others find out!

from The heart of , NY

***My Viewpoint***

Love it love it love it!

from Danville, IL

I used to use the regular dove deodarant but it just did not quite do it for me. So I switched to this to try and boy am I glad I did. I was a little thrown off by the price when I saw it in the store but one day I came across a sale and I thought I'd get it. It's amazing (okay this is going to be a TMI moment but I want you to know my honest opinion) and I do not have as sweaty pits as I use to I love it! Finally I have found the deodarant to counteract that! At first the clicky thing to get it to the top was frustrating, but once it finally comes out you should not have any more problems. So after that it comes out really easy and it goes on really smooth. They suggest you put some on at night before bed, but I usually do it when I wake up in the morning. They also said you should not do it after you shave under your arms, but I do and it doesn't burn me or anything. I would highly suggest this if you sweat or have more odor than you should under your arms!

PS: This smells better than I thought it would!

Keeps you dry and fresh

from Sammamish, WA

Wanting to try another deodorant after having used a competiting product for five years, I did myself some research and decided to give Dove's clienical protection anti-perspirant solid in cool essentials a whirl. And boy am I glad I gave it a whirl! I had thought my former anti-perspirant was good, but this one was seriously great!

The pros to using this anti-perspirant that I experienced were (in no particular order): a clean scent (read: not too foo-foo or flowery or overwhelming so everyone around you knows you use anti-perspirant, but enough to cover any scents you don't want to share), clean application and no residue or sticky, cakey feeling, no leave-behind white flakes on clothes or skin, and, of course, no sweat! Oh, and for bonus points, this product lasts for a long, long, time! So it's seriously worth every penny!

I highly recommend giving this product a try. If you're a little weary, you can always check the official Dove website and see if they're offering samples to try first.

Dove Clinical Protection keeps me cool and calm.

from Houghton, MI

I never thought that I was a heavy sweater, and I still would not classify myself under that category. The problem that I ran into in the summer was that the deodorant that I had been using was wearing off part way through the day. One game of volleyball mid-way through the evening and I could smell my BO start to form under my armpits.

I decided to try Dove Clinical Protection Anti-Perspirant Deodorant because I was fed up with being worried and embarrassed about the way I smelled while trying to have fun. I noticed an extremely noticeable difference after using the Dove Clinical Protection Deodorant. I was able to enjoy the athletic activities I had throughout the day without worrying excessively about if someone could smell me.

The price is higher than other brands and types of deodorant, but I would highly recommend it, especially if you have experienced slight embarrassment like me. The price is worth the confidence that I gained after using this product.

Smells great but I prefer Secret

from La Crescenta, CA

I had previously only used one brand of clinical strength deodorant (Secret) and was hesitant to try another brand, because I was already satisfied with that one. But, since the one provided by Dove was on sale at a decent price, I decided to forgo my reservations and bought this product. What I immediately noticed upon using it was that it emitted a very lovely fragrance and I found by later usages that the deodorant was doing what it was supposed to do- basically block bad odors and the like. In that sense, I was ultimately satisfied with the product. When turning the base at the bottom, I noticed that it also always would dispense the perfect amount to use. However, one of my peeves with the Dove product was that whenever I would take it out of my cosmetic case, some of the deodorant would leak, and thus leave the rest of my contents in the case with a lotion-like residue, which I must say was quite annoying. I would recommend purchasing this product; however, I would much rather stick to using Secret's Clinical Strength Deodorant.

Dove Clinical Protection Deoderant keeps my dry and smiling!!

from Wister, OK

smells great!

from Alpharetta, GA

This deodorant smells great!  Plus it works wonderfully!  I have a problem with sweating and I've noticed a drastic change since using this product.  I would highly recommend giving it a try.  However,  I will warn you that it is more expensive than regular deodorants.