Other Misc. Dogs:
Dog
Dog Rescues

Dog Rescues

Rescue a dog or puppy and give it a forever home!

I am a volunteer for a boxer rescue and it is very satisfying but also very sad. I have fostered a boxer and ended up adopting him. I am grateful to the rescue for letting me know how important it is to rescue a dog and not buy one. There are so many animals out there that need forever homes. If you know anyone that is considering buying a dog, tell them about petfinder.com. They have every kind of dog, cat, animal possible for adoption. Just pick a breed and your community and you will be amazed how many are available in your neighborhood just waiting for you to love them.

Ace of Hearts Dog Rescue.

I had a very bad experience with this rescue place. The staff at this rescue was very nice and i could tell they are there for the dogs, but the founder... she is an awful person who puts you off the second you meet her. I should have known the i needed to go to a diferent rescue and not deal with her, but i fell in love with a dog there and i figured it would all be ok. When i rescued my dog i was told that he got along with children and other dogs and only had problems with cats, we live in a dog friendly building and i soon realized that my dog was not at all friendly with other dogs, in fact he was agressive to other dogs. There was an incident with a neighbor who was very negligent with his god and my dog attecked his dog. The apartment management decided to evict my dog because he is a bully breed and therefore they dicided that if had to be his fault. We were unable to move out at the moment and we were not able to give my dog to anybody else because of the rescue contract we signed. I contacted Ace Of Hearts for help becase i had no choise than to find him a new home. They told me that i had adopted him and they would not take him back, we were facing eviction if we did not find a place for him. i feld i would have to take him to a dog pound if i could not place him, but i loved him so much and i could not bring my self to do that to him. so i began calling other rescues and emailing them to see if they could help me in some way, they all kept telling me that Ace of Hearts had to help me becase it was their dog. One rescue company actually forwarded my emails to Ace of Herts and the next thing i know i get a call from the founder threatening to sue me and saying that i was not allowed to give the dog to anybody else or they would sue me so fast my head would spin. I emailed them backt that i did not care about anything or anybody all i wanted to was to find a safe and good home for my dog that i loved very much and it was hard enough that i had to get rid of him but i also had to deal with harassment from them. Needless to say they finaly took my dog back and made me promise to foster a dog, witch i did. Now i see that they have my dog on their adoption sight again and it said he is friendly with kids and dogs... i think people that are going to adopt have the right to know that they are lying and have the same problem again. I feel like they are not very responsible by keeping his dog agression from potential adopters.

SCARS Pit Bull - Indiana

Comments about Dog Rescues:

Stay clear...they are frauds. Had a puppy I rescued from the cold took her to the Vet. They stole her from me and I had to go to the Police station to file a report. Now I'm going to Court also. They are in it for the funding of donations only. They are dishonest and dishonorable I wish I had read this article first! Read this article...Great Animal Rescue or Great Scam? A Complete Guide by Alison Hector
They do not show where they are and now I have learned to check people out FIRST!

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Dog Rescues:

Don't believe that all dog rescues are run by people with who love dogs and hwant to help them. There is dog rescue that is run by a puppy broker in the Los Angeles areas that buys puppies 2 for the price of one and makes money on the deal because she askes twice for the adpotion fees. She does't care if the puppies are sick, or if the placement isn't good (putting an unaltered male and female in the same home). I got a puppy from her that had to be euthanized at 11wks for distemper. Just like anything else don't make assumptions.

Ace of Hearts Dog Rescue.

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Dog Rescues:

If you love your pets you are your own pets best rescue

from Braddock, PA

Comments about Dog Rescues:

I belong to the furbaby rescue and when I lost my pet I wrote them an email requesting assistance and they never even gave me the curtisy of a response postive or negative.  I also paid for a membership to Dog Detective to send out an alert to where my dog was lost. I ended up finding my dog on my own. I myself sent emails to all the shelters in the area we determined we lost our dog.  A resident in South Carolina responded to the email and said the saw a puppy that looked just like mine in the area.  I then went to the spot they said they spotted her and with the help of the wonderful residents of Blythewood, South Carolina and a lot of foot work and inovative ideas I finally found my dog.  When I got to South Carolina I asked the shelters, local police and Animal rescue if they received an alert from Dog Detective and no one knew what I was talking about.  The only thing paying for the membership did for me was give me peace of mind that I did everything at that time I could to find my dog.  I would never recommend Dog Detective to anyone; in fact, I would advise against it.  As for the furbaby rescue league, I could never have been more disappointed in the fact they didn't help but were so rude they never responded to my plea.

It is a heartfelt loving phase of life.

from New Egypt, NJ

Comments about Dog Rescues:

Being a dog rescuer can be one of the most rewarding things you have ever done in your life. Just to see the longing and loving look in their eyes is all the reward you need. And yet they give more. They give their unconditional trusting love. Their undying love. What more could you ask for? What more could we ask for with humans? If only it was that easy. God bless our adopted dog. We love you Pandora!Love,Daddy and Mommy

Second Hand Dogs Give First Class Love!

Comments about Dog Rescues:

I'm a reformed backyard breeder and have been doing rescue as a foster mom for almost ten years.  Because of all the health problems I ran into with my own dogs, I naturally migrated into special needs care of Yorkies with Seattle Purebred Dog Rescue originally, and now with Compassionate Animial Rescue now that SPDR does not have a Yorkie rep.  Fostering is immensely satisfying and also heart-breaking.  My job as a foster is to return these babies to health, evaluate them for their forever homes, and then help match them with the right placement.  There have been times when fosters don't get adopted, and they just turn into forever dogs in my own home, which is just okay with hubby and me, because it's the more the merrier as far as we're concerned.  We got into fostering when we lost our own babies and went from six Yorkies to only three over the course of just 2 1/2 years and it got wayyy too quiet in our house.  :)It's hard to say good-bye to them when it's time for them to go to their forever homes, but I've always been able to keep a good perspective on it.  I know that they're only mine for a little while and that there's someone out there just waiting for them.What people don't realize is the tremendous amount of work that goes into rescue, and the tremendous need for help.  If someone is looking to rescue a baby, please cut the rescue organization and their helpers some slack.  It takes time to return phone calls, do home checks, etc.  Anything you can do to make their job easier would be greatly appreciated.  If you're looking for a baby, go to Petfinder.com and enter the pertinent info about what you're looking for.  If you want to help, click on Help Pets to see what you can do to help in your area!

ANIMAL RESCUES RULE!

from Rolling Prairie, IN

Comments about Dog Rescues:

Don't breed or buy while others die!  Through a dog rescue you get a dog that has been fully vetted, spayed/neutered, has a known personality, and you are saving a life.  We get many purebreed dogs with papers, as well as mixed breeds.  You can find your new best friend, exactly what you want, if you try a dog rescue.  Chances are if they do not have what you are looking for they will find you what you want (with an approved application).  Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!

i love animals especially little dogs

from Jackson, MI

Comments about Dog Rescues:

little dogs are the greatest i love mine and spoil her rotten in return she gives me the best of company the lady that gave her to me was going to have her put to sleep and i told her that id take her as i had been looking for a small dog she made us both happy the day she gave her to me

The best place to find your forever friend.

from New Milford, CT

Comments about Dog Rescues:

The most rewarding way to get a new pet is adoption.  You can even get purebreds, I have a German Shepherd and at one time had a purebred Siamese.  We even have the kitten of a purebred Maine Coon that we adopted.  Give the love you have to give to an animal to one that really needs you.  There are many wonderful animals out there that need a loving forever home.  The love they have is unconditional and you will be doing your part to help with the over population of the shelters.

Was never a dog lover until . . .

from Hamilton, OH

Comments about Dog Rescues:

I have always been a cat person who liked dogs, just other people's dogs.  With apartments and rentals, dogs weren't even an option for my dog-loving husband.  When we were finally able to buy our own home, my hubby was anxious to get "his" dog.  We looked & looked and put off choosing; then our house was burglarized.  That pushed us to do something.  A co-worker was getting a divorce and leaving her farm, moving to an appartment.  Her black lab, Shadow got lose the year prior and had come home expecting. :)  She gave birth to 3 pups, all solid black but each looking like a black lab mixed with a different breed.  She sent out an email begging for anyone to adopt them; they were born on Thanksgiving day in 2005 and were nearly 4 months old.  I replied, yes, and she responded with descriptions of the pups: male, black, cury furred, floppy ears (lab & newfoundland?); black, male, short haired and straight-up ears (lab & sheppard?); and female, black and mid-length fur with floppy ears (she had no real guess on that one:).  Since I have a fondness for curly hair/fur, I asked for the possible lab-newfie mix.  The night before we were to "make the exchange," I had a dream I was calling "Donavan" to a small black, curly furred puppy.  Guess what his name was to be? She gave him all his first shots, a bath and style (:) and brought him into work.  He is the absolute best thing that EVER happened to me.  Any farther description is nearly impossible because I become so emotional, but I adore him.  He is so affectionate and I am, without any doubt, his human.  I truly wish we could have afforded to care for him AND his brother and sister if they were anything like him.  I am still a cat person (8 of them, all but one are rescues), but Donavan is my baby.