2.3

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Reliability:
    • Content Variety/Availability:
    • I received a sample (32), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

So far, so good

We just got the Dish Network this month. So far we are loving the lower cost and more channels. The reason that we left Comcast who was our provider for many years was that the last seven bills that I got from them were incorrect and I would spend 45 minutes on the phone getting it straightened out. We have not gotten a bill from Dish Network as of yet and won't get one for three months. I have had a couple of conversations with them, but I have been speaking with Americans who can understand my southern accent and I have no trouble with their northern one. So far... so good. More will be revealed.

Customer Service
Two calls in getting things all set up and trying to understand the different componets. Talked with people whose first language is my first language and they were courteous and patient.

Content Variety/Availability
More channels that two people could ever want.

How can they lie to me like that and get away with it????

Ask anyone that knows me and they will tell you I really do my research to get the best deal. When cable prices kept getting higher and higher, I looked at many satellite companies. I decided on Dish Network, they gave me a few special deals at the time: ten dollars off per month for 10 months and free in home service plan for a period of time. They advised me which channels were included in my package. The NFL network was INCLUDED in my package. Ten months later I get a notice that my bill is going up by three dollars. My receiver quit working and I had to pay 29.99 for someone to come out and give me a new on. I had not even had it for a year! Then BAM, my hubby comes home from work, switches to his favorite channel: NFL Network, and it is not there. That was the main reason we chose dish! I just called the company and it says, "If you are calling about the NFL network, please press one." I pressed one then, "We hope you enjoyed your free preview of the NFL Network, if you would like to keep the channel you have to upgrade to the top 200 package."

Talk about mad! I pressed the option to speak with the rep and said, "So, NFL was a preview for a year? So when the person said it was included in my package they were lying?"

The rep had no answer for that one he just reinstated the fact that it was a free preview.

So on top of having no TV every time it rains, my husband can't watch his favorite channel unless we want to fork out more dough!

I am very disappointed in the lack of honesty with this company and will cancel my service at the end of my contract.

I find it laughable that I can sign a contract that is okay for THEM to change at anytime, but I am not able to cancel my service when I want to do so.

Constantly calling to adjust surprise bills and more

from Centralia, IL

Comments about DISH Network:

We have had Dish for about 5 years now and I have called them at least every two months (sometimes multiple times in one month) since the first day. If it wasn't such a hassle to have old taken out and new put in, we would already be with Direct Tv (HAVE to make time to do this). We have the Hopper main DVR system and two joeys and they are in constant conflict with each other and someone is always having to stop watching whatever live show so that someone else can continue watching theirs. I do believe they have upgrade the Hopper so I can't attest as to if this issue is fixed but it is a big issue in our house. Our recorded shows have been completely deleted several times and Dish never has an answer as to why it happens and cannot fix the issue or restore the recordings. While all this is annoying, my biggest complaint is the constant climbing bill. I have to mentally prepare myself every time I have to call about the bill because the whole process takes an hour or more and I am transferred multiple times and have to repeat my entire complaint enough times to want to pull my hair out before anyone will even attempt to remedy the problem. I always love the disappearing channels too, that's always fun. My mom doesn't seem to have any of these problems with DirectTv. The only positive to mention is that the picture is very rarely interrupted. Storms, clouds, whatever hardly ever hinder watching shows. However, I'm sure this varies from house to house depending on satellite placement. When it works and the bill is consistent, We get along just fine but unfortunately the problems are so persistent this is hardly ever the case. I have got to make time to change companies!!

Been with Dish 14 yrs.2003.They R now screwing me BAD.NewCon

from Hermann, Mo

Comments about DISH Network:

went w/Direct tv for less than 24 hr's. Called Dish to cancel. Gave me a sweet deal at new customer price. Had to sign new 2 yr contract. Okay Great! Not!. Canceled direct tv. Dishnetwork immediately within 24 hours jacked my bill up 48.00 a month. Been on auto w/d. Now, I can not go back to direct w/o paying dish the cancellation fee. They lied, broke their word. Contract only means they may do as they wish, & you must pay it. No honor. No respect for loyal patrons, nor their own company. I feel a fool. go with direct tv. Better prices now and better quality pictures. They did not even give me 3 mo's of prem movie channels. I too feel as a fool as I read some one else wrote. Fixed income. Rural living. Only satellite tv out here. That means, only dish or direct tv. Go with direct. dish is an sham. May sure your contact has a price lock written into it or you are screwed. big time.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Worst customer service

from Missouri

Comments about DISH Network:

Since my mother died in 2016 , I have called Dish 4 times and requested the account be changed to my name. I sent them 2 death certificates per their request. Each time, I was assured that the account was changed to my name. Finally on 021617, I cancelled the Dish service. Today I received a box from Dish to send the modem, etc back and it was addressed in my mothers name. When I called a so-called account specialist, I was informed that the account was still in my mother's name and they wanted $7.00 for sending the box and refused to change on the account unless I agreed to sign for a NEW 2 year contract. I am refusing to send the modem, etc back as they are refusing to credit its return in my name. I asked : What are you going to do destroy a dead person's credit?

Not Happy

from St Charles Mo

Comments about DISH Network:

Got Dish was promised 200 gift card, then they changed it to 150, also they gave my checking account info to another company and yes they took money for some bogus program, also charged 40 dollars just to set it up, and 6 months later no gift card, Not Happy At All

Avoid Dish

from Maplewood, MN

Comments about DISH Network:

When you sign up they are so worried about getting their payment that they require a bank account or credit card. Then you try to get out of automatic payments and make payments yourself and they still take it from your card as well. Then when you have overpaid, they want 19 business days after you finally call because you overpaid 2 months ago and they will do nothing to refund your money. However if you owe them money and it is even 1 day lately, they call daily asking for payment and apply late fees. Is it possible to apply late fees to them since they kept my money for 2 months??

Scam

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about DISH Network:

I was on autopay for a $10 discount, then their system took my off and tried to charge me for it. I disputed the $10 charge so they disconnected me. Then tried to charge me $49 to reconnect my service. I've been on auto pay for about a year since I started. Extremely frustrating how terrible their customer service is. I wouldn't recommend this service.

VERY disappointed

from Oregon

Comments about DISH Network:

I was a customer of Dish for years and loved it for a long time. My husband and I moved and could not get Dish where we were temporarily living because THEY could not get connection with satellite because of a tree, so we temporarily got Charter while we looked for a house to buy. When we finally got to move to our new home I was really excited to get our Dish back. Well I called and they had never heard of me and made me sign up like a new customer and sign contract etc. Bla Bla I was not happy about that but did not foresee canceling within 2 years anyway so I did it. MISTAKE. When I was with Charter I was paying 110.00 month bundle TV/Internet/Phone. At Dish I was paying 165.00/ month for just TV and internet. I called and the best they could do for me was 148.00 still without phone, and keep channels I wanted. So I decided to go back to Charter because they said they would pay off my contract with Dish. While I am waiting to get that money, Dish goes into my checking account and takes out what they need to pay off contract without notifying me. Needless to say we are over drawn and my husband has to spend half the day finding money to cover. Thankfully we have a Credit Union the covers us and appreciates their long term customers and they did not bounce our bills we paid as it was the first of the month. I will NEVER give them another cent and I hope everybody becomes wise to the SCAM they call a business. Believe it or not I am the tolerant one in the family.

DISH NETWORK CROOKED

from Cullman, AL

BEWARE BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OF DISH NETWORK SCAMS
Want to warn all my friends and family about Dish Network practices going on. We have not had Dish Network in over 3 years. Two days ago Dish Network some how was able to get our checking account number and make charges to our account. Deena has been on the phone with them for a hour trying to get our money back. They are telling her they want our banking information so they can check to see what happened. They should have all our banking information since they made charges against our account. They can't even tell us what the charges are for.
EVERYONE THAT HAS EVER HAD DISH NETWORK BEWARE OF THERE UNDER HANDEDNESS. DISH NET WORK ARE OUT RIGHT THIEVES.

Dissatisfied Customer

from CT

Comments about DISH Network:

After losing service twice in one week, I was dismayed to learn that I couldn't access one of the major networks On Demand. My recorded shows were lost and I couldn't access them despite paying for On Demand in my package. When I tried to discuss with a supervisor that I wasn't getting what I contracted for and was paying for , he hung up on me. I switched to save money, but beware , sometimes it doesn't pay. I am locked into a 2 year contract- don't make my mistake!!

The worst customer service and TV provider on the market

from Ga

Comments about DISH Network:

Had Dish TV come out hang some TVs round two hundred bucks they charge my credit card over $2,000 had to fight with them to get my money back my service was cut off everyday after the fact that I stopped payment on the 2000 filed a complaint then they would not let me pay my bill for 6 months on a credit card so I call to get an extra box they need me to qualify by putting a credit card number down I would have to do another two-year contract I would say Dish TV is the worst cable company as far as customer service and the fact that they lie lie lie I would never deal with them again I asked them what it would cost to get out from under them they said $300 I asked them again what is the real price to get out from under them she come back to me 5 minutes later and said it would be $500 so beware