2.3

• Customer Service:
    • Reliability:
    • Content Variety/Availability:

So far, so good

We just got the Dish Network this month. So far we are loving the lower cost and more channels. The reason that we left Comcast who was our provider for many years was that the last seven bills that I got from them were incorrect and I would spend 45 minutes on the phone getting it straightened out. We have not gotten a bill from Dish Network as of yet and won't get one for three months. I have had a couple of conversations with them, but I have been speaking with Americans who can understand my southern accent and I have no trouble with their northern one. So far... so good. More will be revealed.

Customer Service
Two calls in getting things all set up and trying to understand the different componets. Talked with people whose first language is my first language and they were courteous and patient.

Content Variety/Availability
More channels that two people could ever want.

How can they lie to me like that and get away with it????

Ask anyone that knows me and they will tell you I really do my research to get the best deal. When cable prices kept getting higher and higher, I looked at many satellite companies. I decided on Dish Network, they gave me a few special deals at the time: ten dollars off per month for 10 months and free in home service plan for a period of time. They advised me which channels were included in my package. The NFL network was INCLUDED in my package. Ten months later I get a notice that my bill is going up by three dollars. My receiver quit working and I had to pay 29.99 for someone to come out and give me a new on. I had not even had it for a year! Then BAM, my hubby comes home from work, switches to his favorite channel: NFL Network, and it is not there. That was the main reason we chose dish! I just called the company and it says, "If you are calling about the NFL network, please press one." I pressed one then, "We hope you enjoyed your free preview of the NFL Network, if you would like to keep the channel you have to upgrade to the top 200 package."

Talk about mad! I pressed the option to speak with the rep and said, "So, NFL was a preview for a year? So when the person said it was included in my package they were lying?"

The rep had no answer for that one he just reinstated the fact that it was a free preview.

So on top of having no TV every time it rains, my husband can't watch his favorite channel unless we want to fork out more dough!

I am very disappointed in the lack of honesty with this company and will cancel my service at the end of my contract.

I find it laughable that I can sign a contract that is okay for THEM to change at anytime, but I am not able to cancel my service when I want to do so.

Not Happy

from St Charles Mo

Comments about DISH Network:

Got Dish was promised 200 gift card, then they changed it to 150, also they gave my checking account info to another company and yes they took money for some bogus program, also charged 40 dollars just to set it up, and 6 months later no gift card, Not Happy At All

Avoid Dish

from Maplewood, MN

Comments about DISH Network:

When you sign up they are so worried about getting their payment that they require a bank account or credit card. Then you try to get out of automatic payments and make payments yourself and they still take it from your card as well. Then when you have overpaid, they want 19 business days after you finally call because you overpaid 2 months ago and they will do nothing to refund your money. However if you owe them money and it is even 1 day lately, they call daily asking for payment and apply late fees. Is it possible to apply late fees to them since they kept my money for 2 months??

Scam

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about DISH Network:

I was on autopay for a $10 discount, then their system took my off and tried to charge me for it. I disputed the $10 charge so they disconnected me. Then tried to charge me $49 to reconnect my service. I've been on auto pay for about a year since I started. Extremely frustrating how terrible their customer service is. I wouldn't recommend this service.

VERY disappointed

from Oregon

Comments about DISH Network:

I was a customer of Dish for years and loved it for a long time. My husband and I moved and could not get Dish where we were temporarily living because THEY could not get connection with satellite because of a tree, so we temporarily got Charter while we looked for a house to buy. When we finally got to move to our new home I was really excited to get our Dish back. Well I called and they had never heard of me and made me sign up like a new customer and sign contract etc. Bla Bla I was not happy about that but did not foresee canceling within 2 years anyway so I did it. MISTAKE. When I was with Charter I was paying 110.00 month bundle TV/Internet/Phone. At Dish I was paying 165.00/ month for just TV and internet. I called and the best they could do for me was 148.00 still without phone, and keep channels I wanted. So I decided to go back to Charter because they said they would pay off my contract with Dish. While I am waiting to get that money, Dish goes into my checking account and takes out what they need to pay off contract without notifying me. Needless to say we are over drawn and my husband has to spend half the day finding money to cover. Thankfully we have a Credit Union the covers us and appreciates their long term customers and they did not bounce our bills we paid as it was the first of the month. I will NEVER give them another cent and I hope everybody becomes wise to the SCAM they call a business. Believe it or not I am the tolerant one in the family.

DISH NETWORK CROOKED

from Cullman, AL

BEWARE BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OF DISH NETWORK SCAMS
Want to warn all my friends and family about Dish Network practices going on. We have not had Dish Network in over 3 years. Two days ago Dish Network some how was able to get our checking account number and make charges to our account. Deena has been on the phone with them for a hour trying to get our money back. They are telling her they want our banking information so they can check to see what happened. They should have all our banking information since they made charges against our account. They can't even tell us what the charges are for.
EVERYONE THAT HAS EVER HAD DISH NETWORK BEWARE OF THERE UNDER HANDEDNESS. DISH NET WORK ARE OUT RIGHT THIEVES.

Dissatisfied Customer

from CT

Comments about DISH Network:

After losing service twice in one week, I was dismayed to learn that I couldn't access one of the major networks On Demand. My recorded shows were lost and I couldn't access them despite paying for On Demand in my package. When I tried to discuss with a supervisor that I wasn't getting what I contracted for and was paying for , he hung up on me. I switched to save money, but beware , sometimes it doesn't pay. I am locked into a 2 year contract- don't make my mistake!!

The worst customer service and TV provider on the market

from Ga

Comments about DISH Network:

Had Dish TV come out hang some TVs round two hundred bucks they charge my credit card over $2,000 had to fight with them to get my money back my service was cut off everyday after the fact that I stopped payment on the 2000 filed a complaint then they would not let me pay my bill for 6 months on a credit card so I call to get an extra box they need me to qualify by putting a credit card number down I would have to do another two-year contract I would say Dish TV is the worst cable company as far as customer service and the fact that they lie lie lie I would never deal with them again I asked them what it would cost to get out from under them they said $300 I asked them again what is the real price to get out from under them she come back to me 5 minutes later and said it would be $500 so beware

Feeling like a fool.

from Oklahoma

Comments about DISH Network:

I used to appreciate Dish until I decided to bundle with the internet. I am not someone who understands a lot about the internet usage but was convinced that I would be getting a great deal with 50 GB off peak between 2am-8am and 15 GB during anytime. It took me a year to realize that this was just screwed up! I am not some creepy person who sits up between 2am and 8am to get on the internet. So why do I need 50 GB during this time? We got the internet so my grandson who is 9 could do his school work...during the day time! After having to add on extra GB at $10 for 1 GB at a time I finally realized this was screwed up! Time to find a better deal!

They may seem cheaper up front, but they get you in the end

from Santa Barbara County, CA

Comments about DISH Network:

Dish has lots of discretion to forgive charges, but only if you get really upset, so if you have the misfortune to have signed one of their contracts be sure to escalate any problems immediately or you will just waste your time.

Dish Satellite is horrible

from Pfluggerville, Tx

Comments about DISH Network:

Dish Satellite is the most unprofessional disgusting business out there. They sold us a bundle package that was supposed to be around 90.00 a month and came out to install it. The technician even assured us that the cost was including the internet. They had to use a small piece instead of dropping a wire from the attic that cost around 20.00. What they didnt tell you was the internet they provide is not strong enough for the on demand and we would have to get our own internet server almost doubling the cost. When I call the customer service, if thats what you want to call them, they tell you to bad and they will charge you a disconnect fee of 400.00 even though they lied to you. They then send you to the upper eschelon of their customer service which is called the 'presidents office' who read from.the same script and pretty much blow you off. The worst came when they took almost 500.00 dollars out of my husbands social security disability account without authorization and was never given as a source of payment. He gets only so much a month to live on and when I advised them of this, they could have cared less and told us that they were not going to refund the money. I have never complained against any business but when.they took the money that my husband has to use for medicine and to live on and they had such a callous attitude, I made up in my mind to put what a pathetic business they are out there.