2.3

• Customer Service:
    • Reliability:
    • Content Variety/Availability:

So far, so good

We just got the Dish Network this month. So far we are loving the lower cost and more channels. The reason that we left Comcast who was our provider for many years was that the last seven bills that I got from them were incorrect and I would spend 45 minutes on the phone getting it straightened out. We have not gotten a bill from Dish Network as of yet and won't get one for three months. I have had a couple of conversations with them, but I have been speaking with Americans who can understand my southern accent and I have no trouble with their northern one. So far... so good. More will be revealed.

Customer Service
Two calls in getting things all set up and trying to understand the different componets. Talked with people whose first language is my first language and they were courteous and patient.

Content Variety/Availability
More channels that two people could ever want.

How can they lie to me like that and get away with it????

Ask anyone that knows me and they will tell you I really do my research to get the best deal. When cable prices kept getting higher and higher, I looked at many satellite companies. I decided on Dish Network, they gave me a few special deals at the time: ten dollars off per month for 10 months and free in home service plan for a period of time. They advised me which channels were included in my package. The NFL network was INCLUDED in my package. Ten months later I get a notice that my bill is going up by three dollars. My receiver quit working and I had to pay 29.99 for someone to come out and give me a new on. I had not even had it for a year! Then BAM, my hubby comes home from work, switches to his favorite channel: NFL Network, and it is not there. That was the main reason we chose dish! I just called the company and it says, "If you are calling about the NFL network, please press one." I pressed one then, "We hope you enjoyed your free preview of the NFL Network, if you would like to keep the channel you have to upgrade to the top 200 package."

Talk about mad! I pressed the option to speak with the rep and said, "So, NFL was a preview for a year? So when the person said it was included in my package they were lying?"

The rep had no answer for that one he just reinstated the fact that it was a free preview.

So on top of having no TV every time it rains, my husband can't watch his favorite channel unless we want to fork out more dough!

I am very disappointed in the lack of honesty with this company and will cancel my service at the end of my contract.

I find it laughable that I can sign a contract that is okay for THEM to change at anytime, but I am not able to cancel my service when I want to do so.

Feeling like a fool.

from Oklahoma

Comments about DISH Network:

I used to appreciate Dish until I decided to bundle with the internet. I am not someone who understands a lot about the internet usage but was convinced that I would be getting a great deal with 50 GB off peak between 2am-8am and 15 GB during anytime. It took me a year to realize that this was just screwed up! I am not some creepy person who sits up between 2am and 8am to get on the internet. So why do I need 50 GB during this time? We got the internet so my grandson who is 9 could do his school work...during the day time! After having to add on extra GB at $10 for 1 GB at a time I finally realized this was screwed up! Time to find a better deal!

They may seem cheaper up front, but they get you in the end

from Santa Barbara County, CA

Comments about DISH Network:

Dish has lots of discretion to forgive charges, but only if you get really upset, so if you have the misfortune to have signed one of their contracts be sure to escalate any problems immediately or you will just waste your time.

Dish Satellite is horrible

from Pfluggerville, Tx

Comments about DISH Network:

Dish Satellite is the most unprofessional disgusting business out there. They sold us a bundle package that was supposed to be around 90.00 a month and came out to install it. The technician even assured us that the cost was including the internet. They had to use a small piece instead of dropping a wire from the attic that cost around 20.00. What they didnt tell you was the internet they provide is not strong enough for the on demand and we would have to get our own internet server almost doubling the cost. When I call the customer service, if thats what you want to call them, they tell you to bad and they will charge you a disconnect fee of 400.00 even though they lied to you. They then send you to the upper eschelon of their customer service which is called the 'presidents office' who read from.the same script and pretty much blow you off. The worst came when they took almost 500.00 dollars out of my husbands social security disability account without authorization and was never given as a source of payment. He gets only so much a month to live on and when I advised them of this, they could have cared less and told us that they were not going to refund the money. I have never complained against any business but when.they took the money that my husband has to use for medicine and to live on and they had such a callous attitude, I made up in my mind to put what a pathetic business they are out there.

Third world customer service and even worse tv service

from Englewood Ohio

Comments about DISH Network:

I was a customer for 5+ yrs letting little things go like bad reception and sound that goes in and out for years. I called in during that span at least 4 times to try to correct the spelling of my name which was still incorrect via mail up until cancellation. The sad part is they wanted to charge me $100 to fix an error in their system not allowing me to view local channels...... Professional crooks

We do not recognize long term customers?

from Lodi CA

Comments about DISH Network:

Just got an email today saying that my account was seriously overdue. Logged onto dish and see that the payment has been applied every month, as my bank automatically sends the payment every month.
Also notice on my account page that $157 is due immediately, but says for next months billing period?
Chat with Dish and ask what gives? She states that the last payment was $17 dollars short. Dish probably added some new surcharge?
So I say, you are threatening to interrupt my account for $17 dollars and demanding all of next months bill immediately to a long term customer?

The response says it all!!!!
Our system does not recognize long term customers.

I told her that her Dish should recognize their long term customers and paid the $17 dollars.

Good until you have a problem....then beware!

from Arab AL

Comments about DISH Network:

I usually like Dish and have even recommended it to people a couple of times. Then last night, both of our wireless Joeys fell off the system. We have this issue every couple of months but we can usually connect it back. This time, no luck. I went onto chat and after 45 minutes with Juliet, I was told the problem was my Joeys were offline.....which I mentioned as my issue from the beginning. She eventually told me that it would take 14 days for the engineering dept to look at the cloned software and then they would let us know. My husband called when he got home and asked if they are going to pro-rate us for the days we don't have service and he was told they would refund $5.70 for every 4 days the system is down. We pay over $80 a month so this does not even come close to being adequate. Yes. Dish is good until something goes bad. Then it goes very, very bad.

Priced too high

from Merritt, MI

Comments about DISH Network:

We had Dish Network for a few years. I loved it at first...with the introductory price it was well worth what we paid for it. We had a midlevel package of channels to include sports channels for my husband and kids channels for our children. However, once the introductory price was gone and the price per month went up, it wasn't worth it anymore. In fact, we cancelled it about 6 months ago and substituted it with Netflix and Hulu. We have saved almost $70 a month doing that and don't regret it one bit. If they were priced around $40 a month we would probably have kept using them.

Worst Hopper receivers do not work

from Los Lunas, NM

Comments about DISH Network:

After over 15 calls to tech, a second installer coming to the house and email to CEO of Dish......no reply. The Hopper is the worst receiver, was told all channels would be stretch but they are not HD channels have to go to * all the time on at leat 33 channels to stretch screen and it does not stay you have to do that all the time. It is a pain may go back to Directv. They know they have an issue with these receivers but still try and say they have the best service. Advise your friend not to install there receivers in your home!!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Terrible Business Ethics

from Oak Hill WV

Comments about DISH Network:

Not able to compromise with Viacon we will be losing 1/2 of our cable channels. I call 3 different times and get the same junk for an excuse and they don't wanna explain how to make adjustments to our services. Get a grip on your services or you will lose a lot of business. POOR ETHICS

Most Unreliable Has To Be Worst Content Provider

from miami Florida

Comments about DISH Network:

Dish is the absolute most unreliable content provider. Constantly looses signal. Loses signal multiple times a day! And in perfect clear skies weather! I have had 4 different receivers replaced in the past 6 months. I had to pay for a technician to come out and switch receivers, fiddle with the dish change some things. For a few weeks it was a little better. Then with increasing frequency signal loss, signal loss etc etc. Do not Do Dish. Just say no to Dish!