2.3

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Reliability:
    • Content Variety/Availability:
    • I received a sample (35), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

So far, so good

We just got the Dish Network this month. So far we are loving the lower cost and more channels. The reason that we left Comcast who was our provider for many years was that the last seven bills that I got from them were incorrect and I would spend 45 minutes on the phone getting it straightened out. We have not gotten a bill from Dish Network as of yet and won't get one for three months. I have had a couple of conversations with them, but I have been speaking with Americans who can understand my southern accent and I have no trouble with their northern one. So far... so good. More will be revealed.

Customer Service
Two calls in getting things all set up and trying to understand the different componets. Talked with people whose first language is my first language and they were courteous and patient.

Content Variety/Availability
More channels that two people could ever want.

How can they lie to me like that and get away with it????

Ask anyone that knows me and they will tell you I really do my research to get the best deal. When cable prices kept getting higher and higher, I looked at many satellite companies. I decided on Dish Network, they gave me a few special deals at the time: ten dollars off per month for 10 months and free in home service plan for a period of time. They advised me which channels were included in my package. The NFL network was INCLUDED in my package. Ten months later I get a notice that my bill is going up by three dollars. My receiver quit working and I had to pay 29.99 for someone to come out and give me a new on. I had not even had it for a year! Then BAM, my hubby comes home from work, switches to his favorite channel: NFL Network, and it is not there. That was the main reason we chose dish! I just called the company and it says, "If you are calling about the NFL network, please press one." I pressed one then, "We hope you enjoyed your free preview of the NFL Network, if you would like to keep the channel you have to upgrade to the top 200 package."

Talk about mad! I pressed the option to speak with the rep and said, "So, NFL was a preview for a year? So when the person said it was included in my package they were lying?"

The rep had no answer for that one he just reinstated the fact that it was a free preview.

So on top of having no TV every time it rains, my husband can't watch his favorite channel unless we want to fork out more dough!

I am very disappointed in the lack of honesty with this company and will cancel my service at the end of my contract.

I find it laughable that I can sign a contract that is okay for THEM to change at anytime, but I am not able to cancel my service when I want to do so.

WORST CUSTUMER SERVICE EVER!!!

from crescent city ca

Comments about DISH Network:

I signed up for dish when I signed up for frontier and they offered me a bundle deal they had going on with dish. the 3rd month in my bill started going up drastically and I was calling to figure out why. frontier did what they could on there end but it kept coming back to charges coming from Dishes end. every time I would call dishes customer service line I would get the run around and almost every time I would get hung up on. they offered no help and no explanation as to why these charges were happening. when I told them I was upset due to not getting the price I was originally quoted, they then informed me that frontier quoted me that price, not them, so even tho they were bundling with frontier they did not have to abide by the price I was quoted. so due to the bill being to much more that what I had originally budgeted for and just having a baby, I got behind on my bill. I was going through some financial problems and was late paying my bill. I had planned to pay my bill right after the 4th of july but before I had the chance frontier took $320 out of my debit card I had on file without any warning to me or even getting my approval. I called and spent hours on the phone with many different of there customer service reps. they were no help what so ever! I finally got transferred to someone who spoke good English and said it was dishes presidential office, she informed me this was an early termination fee and in there contract it states they can take this money from your account at anytime if they feel you may not pay your bill. even tho I had no plans to terminate my service they took this money with no warning to me. she then informed me that even if I pay my bill this money would not be given back to me. I tried to express to them that I am a mother of 4 and my husband and I have been dealing with financial struggle lately and I could not afford to pay my rent if they didn't return the money they took. they said that they would not be returning the money.

worst service EVER!

from Livermore CA

Comments about DISH Network:

I have been waiting since 12 pm for service which was promised 12-5 pm. I have NOT had TV since Sunday!! Lousy SERVICE!

Never had a problem.

from Waco, TX

Comments about DISH Network:

I've been a customer of Dish Network since 2001 and have never had a problem. Always excellent customer service.

dont buy it

from Dyer TN

Comments about DISH Network:

Their service sucks wont even watch tv

Worst customer service EVER

from Aloha Oregon

Comments about DISH Network:

In September of '16 their salesmen came to our house and offered for us to change from Frontier tv to theirs, bundling with Frontier for the other companies internet. Because we had no contract with Frontier, I specifically asked several times if we would have a contract with them. The salesman said no, because we had none with Frontier, that would be honored.

The first two months into this, we were charged with both Dish and Frontier for tv. After approximately 15-20 hours on the phone with both companies (each was stating it was the other companies problem), they finally figured out how to bundle. However, neither would give us back the overcharges.

Skip to March '17: We gave up trying to get the overcharges refunded, and went back to Comcast.

Once Comcast was installed, I called and cancelled with Frontier (funny thing, then and only then the customer service guy called Dish, figured out that we were overcharged and credited our bill). The service rep then transferred me to Dish.

Dish charged us $360 for an early cancellation fee! But we had no contract? Oh yes we did! We did not have a copy (kept all the paperwork together), but they did, and sent me a PDF copy (I still question the signature).

I called AGAIN and respectfully asked if, because their own salesman TOLD me there would be no contract, could we split the difference. I even confided in them that I had lost my job recently and couldn't afford this. Nope, won't do it, no way. They won't even come out and take the dang dish off our roof ("you could pay a professional to remove it)!

I'm so overwhelmed at the lack of customer service, and the quality of their scam! I feel sorry for those that have to be in that job. If they treat their customers like this, how do they treat the employees??

Moral of the story, don't believe what Dish tells you, and don't EVER bundle with Frontier.

OH HECK NO

from FOSTORIA, OHIO

Comments about DISH Network:

NEVER EVER DEAL WITH THEM !!!! 11 CALLS 4 TECHS..SAME PROBLEM..BAD SOFTWARE.WARPED DISH..RUNAROUND..GAVE UP 4 OF MY DAYS WAITING FOR THEM..THREATENED ME WITH $480 EARLY DISCONNECT FEE EVEN THOUGH ONLY HAD IT 1 WEEK AND DIDN'T WORK THE WHOLE WEEK!! NOT CONVINCED IT IS FIXED EVEN THE FOURTH TIME THEY WORKED ON IT..

Dish has the worst customer service EVER

from Scottsdale Arizona

Comments about DISH Network:

I was a customer dish for 11 years they jacked up their rates I canceled my service they have shipped me three different boxes to return my receiver every single one to the wrong location they are absolutely the worst I would not use them if they were the last satellite provider

No public channel access - no customer service - no ethics

from Aptod, CA

Comments about DISH Network:

The continuously increasing fees never stop. The latest example - DISH tacked on another $10.00 per month for "Local Channels". This simply sneaked into the bill under a news blackout, as DISH provided zero explanation. Turns out, at this exact time, DISH negotiations with two local channels failed. So customers are now paying MORE for LESS service. DISH blames the networks, blah, blah, blah. Their idea of Customer Service is a joke. This company is for you if you like steadily increasing bills for steadily decreasing service, with zero resources provided for customer service. Good luck, I'm fed up.

Receiver

from Overbook, Ks

Comments about DISH Network:

Dish put in A receiver, after "maybe" one month of use it went bad, they refused to send out A tech,unless I paid a $91 service charge,only other option was to ship me A new one and for me to install it myself, I'm 84 years old and they expect me to do that on my own, now if I get on the floor to do that how do they expect me to get up plus have the know how to put which wire where, on top of all this I'm with out TV device for 5 days waiting for shipment plus they say I have to pay for shipping. They installed a deflected receiver and I am expected to be without TV ,carry the financial burden of getting a new one to my house, and install by myself too. Even when I explained my situation, they refused to bend their rules to help me. After my 9 months,which I have left on my contract, needless to say......IT IS GOODBYE to Dish Network forever!!!

Never again....

from Georgia

Comments about DISH Network:

Crooked company! I was a dish customer for 4 years. I upgraded to another box, simple add they came out to install it. After a few months my dish bill kept increasing I downgraded my package deal but had no channels so I finally chose to cancel services. When I called the guy never tried to keep me by offering a better package with more channels all he said was where can I sent the boxes too. I sent our stuff off and called to confirm that everything was good and the girl told me I was in a contract for two years and would be charged 400 dollars just to cancel. I never agreeed to a contract, I was never told that I was re entering a contract. I was on the phone with them for 3 hours trying to resolve this issue I even offered to pay my past due balance right then and be done and they wouldn't even take that without the 400 dollars included! Dish is a fraud company they do not care about making the customer happy and stress free even if they have to leave. What sense does it make to charge a customer who can't even afford your services to begin with a 400 fee for leaving like it's a punishment. Never again will I ever recommend someone to dish! I was happy to pay what I owed but they won't be getting that 400.00 and this situation ain't over it's down right WRONG! Don't ever go with them and if you do ask for a copy of everything