2.3

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Reliability:
    • Content Variety/Availability:
    • I received a sample (36), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (4)

So far, so good

We just got the Dish Network this month. So far we are loving the lower cost and more channels. The reason that we left Comcast who was our provider for many years was that the last seven bills that I got from them were incorrect and I would spend 45 minutes on the phone getting it straightened out. We have not gotten a bill from Dish Network as of yet and won't get one for three months. I have had a couple of conversations with them, but I have been speaking with Americans who can understand my southern accent and I have no trouble with their northern one. So far... so good. More will be revealed.

Customer Service
Two calls in getting things all set up and trying to understand the different componets. Talked with people whose first language is my first language and they were courteous and patient.

Content Variety/Availability
More channels that two people could ever want.

How can they lie to me like that and get away with it????

Ask anyone that knows me and they will tell you I really do my research to get the best deal. When cable prices kept getting higher and higher, I looked at many satellite companies. I decided on Dish Network, they gave me a few special deals at the time: ten dollars off per month for 10 months and free in home service plan for a period of time. They advised me which channels were included in my package. The NFL network was INCLUDED in my package. Ten months later I get a notice that my bill is going up by three dollars. My receiver quit working and I had to pay 29.99 for someone to come out and give me a new on. I had not even had it for a year! Then BAM, my hubby comes home from work, switches to his favorite channel: NFL Network, and it is not there. That was the main reason we chose dish! I just called the company and it says, "If you are calling about the NFL network, please press one." I pressed one then, "We hope you enjoyed your free preview of the NFL Network, if you would like to keep the channel you have to upgrade to the top 200 package."

Talk about mad! I pressed the option to speak with the rep and said, "So, NFL was a preview for a year? So when the person said it was included in my package they were lying?"

The rep had no answer for that one he just reinstated the fact that it was a free preview.

So on top of having no TV every time it rains, my husband can't watch his favorite channel unless we want to fork out more dough!

I am very disappointed in the lack of honesty with this company and will cancel my service at the end of my contract.

I find it laughable that I can sign a contract that is okay for THEM to change at anytime, but I am not able to cancel my service when I want to do so.

Horrible customer service

from Denver, CO

Comments about DISH Network:

I called to cancel in December after I moved to an apartment that does not allow dish. The rep told me there would be an early termination fee for not making it to the end of the contract. He said he would send me the contract to confirm the fee, and he did, but he didn't cancel the service as I requested. In January I got another monthly service bill. When I called to asked why, Ben said that's too bad, it didn't get cancelled, you have to pay through January. I asked to talk to supervisor. Ben said a supervisor wouldn't say anything different so he wouldn't let me talk to a supervisor. I will NEVER use dish again and you shouldn't either!! I gave them 1 star because they wouldn't let me give no stars

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER

from Navajo Nation, Arizona

Comments about DISH Network:

I do not recommend this business to anyone. DON"T SUBJECT YOURSELF TO THEIR LIES. . I am a single parent who got the service for my children. I've been faithfully, paying my account each month. Recently, unforeseen circumstances came busting through my door. Last payday, I made arrangement with DISH to extend my payment. I agreed to their fees. Now today, I politely requested to "extend my promise to pay". The female customer service rep told me that can't be done. "The computer won't allow that'. She tried explaining to me, so I cut her off and told her my plight. I only asked for a few days extension but her response was "The computer won't allow that". After going round and round, and having to explain myself, I told her I needed to speak to someone with authority. She put my on hold for the longest time. I got fed up and just hung up on her. She obviously wished I'd hang up, so I did. Dish Network has a payment extension option but it don't ask you how long? It only give you 7 days. So I question, what happens if that 7 days can't be adhered too? the failed on the customer service part, its because of us consumers, they have their job, and big company. Now, I have no choice to get an advance and pay my bill. I regret getting this service. Isn't is convenient that you are obligated to a contract, but your payment history don't show up on your credit report. Once, you default they are quick to judge, and bring you to collections which will show up on your report. Once my contract is up I AM GONE.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Enough!

from Round Rock, TX

Comments about DISH Network:

I was a DISH customer for 12 years, but even this patient senior could not take the poor customer service any longer.

Don't assume you will get the latest equipment

from Cross, SC

Comments about DISH Network:

Recently placed an order through Dish.com for new service. Ad's indicate order would include Hopper3, but confirmation email did not include the Hopper3. I called Dish prior to installation to get the matter corrected. I was told I needed to pay $50.+tax to get the Hopper3, as the Hopper3 was not included in my offer. If you become a customer, be sure to verify your order line by line and make sure you know what you are actually getting.

NEVER EVER AGAIN WOULD I EVER GET DISH

from Muscatine, Iowa

Comments about DISH Network:

I hated Dish when the wind blew, rained, snowed, specially during storms when you really needed it to listen to the weather. I stayed with Dish until my contract was up then in May 2017 I called and cancelled Dish and the rep gave me offers to stay with Dish I declined. My local cable guy was here hooking up my cable when I called. Now 3 months later they are trying to bill me 438.00 for unpaid months of June, July, August. I got on the computer last month and chatted with a rep on the computer. Told him that the service was suppose to be disconnected and to send me the boxes to send back the receivers and here it is a month later and I am now talking to the 3rd rep explaining to him that I had chatted with the rep and still haven't received the boxes and your still charging me for months that I haven't had Dish, their excuse is the reason it wasn't disconnected is because that chat was closed before he disconnected it. Well after being on the phone for 1 hour and 16 minutes and threatening them with the BBB and talking to the 3rd rep I got my amount due wiped away!!! I will not owe nothing. I still won't recommend Dish to my family or friends. They are a rip off.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone!!

from Arkansas

Comments about DISH Network:

THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST COMPANY YOU COULD EVER GET. I HATE THAT WE EVER EVEN CONSIDERED THIS COMPANY!

WORST CUSTUMER SERVICE EVER!!!

from crescent city ca

Comments about DISH Network:

I signed up for dish when I signed up for frontier and they offered me a bundle deal they had going on with dish. the 3rd month in my bill started going up drastically and I was calling to figure out why. frontier did what they could on there end but it kept coming back to charges coming from Dishes end. every time I would call dishes customer service line I would get the run around and almost every time I would get hung up on. they offered no help and no explanation as to why these charges were happening. when I told them I was upset due to not getting the price I was originally quoted, they then informed me that frontier quoted me that price, not them, so even tho they were bundling with frontier they did not have to abide by the price I was quoted. so due to the bill being to much more that what I had originally budgeted for and just having a baby, I got behind on my bill. I was going through some financial problems and was late paying my bill. I had planned to pay my bill right after the 4th of july but before I had the chance frontier took $320 out of my debit card I had on file without any warning to me or even getting my approval. I called and spent hours on the phone with many different of there customer service reps. they were no help what so ever! I finally got transferred to someone who spoke good English and said it was dishes presidential office, she informed me this was an early termination fee and in there contract it states they can take this money from your account at anytime if they feel you may not pay your bill. even tho I had no plans to terminate my service they took this money with no warning to me. she then informed me that even if I pay my bill this money would not be given back to me. I tried to express to them that I am a mother of 4 and my husband and I have been dealing with financial struggle lately and I could not afford to pay my rent if they didn't return the money they took. they said that they would not be returning the money.

worst service EVER!

from Livermore CA

Comments about DISH Network:

I have been waiting since 12 pm for service which was promised 12-5 pm. I have NOT had TV since Sunday!! Lousy SERVICE!

Never had a problem.

from Waco, TX

Comments about DISH Network:

I've been a customer of Dish Network since 2001 and have never had a problem. Always excellent customer service.

dont buy it

from Dyer TN

Comments about DISH Network:

Their service sucks wont even watch tv