Other Learning Toys:
Discovery Toys
Discovery Toys Zingo!

Discovery Toys Zingo!

Zingo -- fun for toddlers, kids, and adults

Zingo is a clever picture-based variation on the classic bingo. Instead of a card with numbers, you have a card with pictures. Instead of dealing number tiles, you deal picture tiles. The first one to fill his or her card wins and calls out "ZINGO!" Kids about 3 or 4 can deal the plastic picture tiles from the nifty red slider case. The only hard part is stacking them up again. The game cards are double-sided, with one side slightly more difficult than the other. The pictures make the game accessible to children who are not yet reading, even very little ones. My 18-month-old absolutely loves Zingo, even though the game was given to her older sister. She has even learned many words from it, like "worm," "panda," and "yo-yo". Best of all, we can play Zingo as a whole family, the girls can play on their own, or the little one can even play by herself -- it's that easy. (When the little one plays by herself, we don't bother using the slider. We just put the tiles in a plastic baggie for her and she reaches in and takes them out one at a time.) This is a great pre-reading game for the whole family.

Zingo lost its zing

Like with  many of the Discovery brand toys, my kids lost interest quickly. They played Discovery Toys Zingo!a couple of times and liked it when it was novel but it quickly lost its appeal. This brand is pricey and I would have liked to get more mileage out of it. I tried twice to sell it at a garage sale with no takers-and it looks like brand new! So now its still sitting in the garage. I think it might be a good classroom game for a small group. I had first seen this game in my sons classroom. He thought it was "really cool" but when I bought it he played it once and was then tired of it.Zingo! lost its zing! I actually wanted to play it at my daughter's at home birthday party when it was new but soon discovered it would not work because we had too many players. I've been disappointed with Discovery toys in the past and I should have learned!

Like Bingo, only a lot more fun!

from Manhattan, IL

Comments about Discovery Toys Zingo!:

This is one of the best kids games made today!  I don't normally like to get down & play games because either the kids can't follow the rules, or the game takes forever, or all the kids can't all play it together.  This game is completely different.  Our kids are 2, 4, & 6 and they can play this game completely by themselves; even my 2 year old likes to shout out "cake" when that tile appears.The tiles feed from a little dispenser that puts out 2 tiles at a time.  The "caller" says the names of the pictures (easy even for non-readers!) and the first person who yells that they have that picture puts the tile on their bingo card.  It's easiest at our house if we just play "fill the card", so the games are a little longer, but they're still very quick.I even like to get down and play this game.  Sometimes I'm the caller and sometimes not.  It's easy to get excited when everyone is yelling "star" or "duck" trying to be the first to get their tile.  As a bonus, it's even helping our 2yo to speak more.

Zingo -- fun for toddlers, kids, and adults

from Cambridge, MA

My kids love this game

from Saint Augustine, FL

Comments about Discovery Toys Zingo!:

I have a 5 yr old son and 3 yr old girl twins. We have tons of games, puzzles and toys around the house and when they want to play something together they always want to play Zingo. It is an easy game for kids to learn and looks just like Bingo. It is so fun to play that we all play as a family too. It is a very fast paced game but not too fast for little kids to learn. My mom loves to play with the kids too. She tells people at work about it.

I love Zingo!

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Discovery Toys Zingo!:

For Christmas this year my daughter received Zingo as a gift from her aunt and uncle.  She loves this game and has been playing it non stop sice Christmas.  She even sits on the floor and plays the game all by herself.  The game is like Bingo, but with words instead of numbers.  There are two levels of play.  The first level is where they can see the pictures on the tiles along with the words.  The second level is where you hide the picture and only show the words.  That is harder, but they learn what the words are.  Anyway, you have to be the first to call out what is on the tile if it matches your card.  Then you have to fill the whole card with tiles or just make a line.  We play filling the whole card and it makes the game lst longer.  Both of my daughters love this game and it says it if for ages 4 and up.  I think that is right because our four year old can play this game.  WE highly recommend this game for any family with small kids.

zingo! we have a winner

from Cary, NC

Comments about Discovery Toys Zingo!:

Not to gush too much, but this really is a game the whole family can play. Unlike Candyland or Hi-Hi-Cherrio which either bore me or one of the kids to death, Zingo has the suspense factor -- what picture's going to pop up next? It works just like regular bingo for the preschool set. The game is based on pictures (words are written beneath the pictures on the cards) so the most challenging part is matching the flipped tokens to your card -- which even a three-year-old can do without problems. One of the funnest parts for my kids is being the "slider" -- the pesron who gets to push the token-holder to pop out the next two tokens.

The game is pretty short -- five minutes or so per round. Not like the never-ending Candyland. No scores to keep track of, no arguments over whether someone really rolled what they said they did, no forgetting where your piece is on the board. It's very simple, and can be made more or less challening depending on which cards you use and how you play (three in a row? all nine pictures covered?).

In short, Zingo! We have a winner.

Great little game.

from Sycamore, IL

Comments about Discovery Toys Zingo!:

Zingo is a favorite in my house.  It is a version of Bingo for toddlers.  My 3 year old daughter loves it and even likes to play it by herself.  We recently brought it with to Grandma's house for Thanksgiving and she played with her 3 year old cousin.  They often fought over who got to be the "dealer" and slide the Zingo slider to reveal the two Zingo pieces.  We resolved this by bending the rules and passing the slider from person to person.

I agree with some of the other reviews that the tiles are thin and annoying to put back in the slider; however, my daughter is able to put them back herself and this is helping her develop her fine motor skills.  She does not know how to read yet, but the pictures on the tiles are enough for her to know what the word says.  This is also helping her build her word recognition skills.

I've only played this with a max of 4 people with a "coverall" pattern, so not sure how it would play out with 8.

I've seen this on sale at other retailers for more than what it is offered for at Discovery Toys and believe it was a great deal for the game.

Best product ever!

from Durant, OK

Comments about Discovery Toys Zingo!:

Love Zingo, and so do my children. I decided to purchase this product last year, it is fun for all ages. Our family loves playing Zingo. We love it so much that we have decided to buy one for Grandmas and Grandpas house to. So when the kids are over at grannys they enjoy the day playing Zingo with granny and grandpa. Very educational.

For anyone 3 and up

from Plainfield, IL

Comments about Discovery Toys Zingo!:

Zingo is by far The favorite Discovery toy I have ever purchased. I bought this when my son was just 3 yrs old! He was able to play with this with minimal help! My daughters grew to love this toy as well. It is very durable; travels well and is always lots of fun! It is no longer just sold by Discovery toys. This can be found at your nearby Target and Educational toy stores as well (ie. The Chalkboard). My kids love playing this game and they love putting the tiles back in the case when we are finished playing. The two levels of play are perfect for preschool age that are just learning. Lots of fun for all ages! I have never lost a single tile; easy to find and don't get lost around the house! Ours was blue/green. East to find and not lose. There is nothing worse than losing little pieces around the house! My son is now 6 and still loves to play this game! This is an easy game to bring out and set up on no time!

Kid Friendly Bingo With A Twist

from Glenwood, GA

Comments about Discovery Toys Zingo!:

My daughter received this as a gift. I loved that is it easy to use and the game grows with them. She started playing with it at 3 and is now 5. She still loves it. She can easily work the tile thingy and now is learning to spell by matching the words to the pictures.

I would definately recommend this to any parent for its educational stimulus and for the pure fun of it. I admit that it is fun (even as an adult) to try to win and get to yell ZINGO!!

Zingo lost its zing