Other Credit Cards:

Discover More Credit Card

Pros

Cons

Discover Card Platinum

I chose this card because of the cash back bonus award program.
I've had it for many years.

I chose this card because of the cash back bonus award program.
I've had it for many years.

Discover card is widely accepted. I've yet to find a place that does not accept it.It has a cash back bonus award.

There are several ways you can earn cash back. They pay a higher rate for various things, which are eligible for a 3 month period.
You register on line with a simple click whenever the new period starts and for the next three months, you reap the rewards, which may be on things like gas, restaurants, drug stores, department stores, etc.
You can shop certain merchants online through Discover's website, earning more that way.
When you amass a certain amount, you can ask them to send you a check or you can have it applied towards your current bill.
They've recently added a great new feature. You can get your FICO score, right on the website!

Customer Service
I've only had a few occasions to need their help but it's always gone completely smoothly.
One time I asked to have my credit line increased, as I had a big expenditure coming up and wanted to use the Discover Card to pay for it, so that I would get the cash back bonus award. They told me that they would consider the request and a decision would be made within a certain length of time, which was quite acceptable, although I can no longer remember how long a period that would be.
The next day, they contacted me and the increase was in place and not only that, it was higher than what I requested.

Available Rates
The rates are competitive with other many cards out there. Perhaps not quite as low as some others, but certainly not as high as many that are out there.

Very Poor Rewards

As a credit card itself, Discover is pretty good. But personally, I look for the best rewards I can get in a card, and Discover is far worse than most other companies I've looked at. Most companies give 1% cash back on everything. With Discover, you need to spend about $3000 in a year (outside certain categories) before it kicks up to 1%. In addition, certain stores, including Walmart, only give 0.25% cash back all the time. Discover's one redeeming value in rewards is their rotating categories of 5% back. Every three months, they offer 5% back on purchases in certain categories, such as gas, restaurants, and movies. The only reason we keep our Discover card is to get this 5% back at certain times of the year.

Customer Service
Never had major problems with them. I did receive an offer for a good deal on a personal loan based on a good history credit (that I hadn't asked for). It noted that this was a special offer only given to certain card members who had a great credit history. The ironic thing was that the offer was already opened when I received it in the mail. I'm not sure how or when it got opened, but when I called in, they did immediately take care of any potential problems by flagging it as something I didn't want, so if someone tried to use my information they would know it wasn't me.

Available Rates
The rates seem comparable to other credit card companies, although I honestly don't pay too much attention to the rates. We pay our credit card off every month, so personally, I'm more concerned about the rewards offered than the interest rates. Someone that has looked at the rates more would be able to offer better advice.

Satisfied customer for almost 15 years

from Willow Grove, Pa

Comments about Discover More Credit Card:

I use my Discover card for gasoline, netflix and other rolling bills. Customer service is always friendly, they will review all disputes and mention any benefits I could better utilize. Recently changed to the Discover It card but still happy with Discover.

Good

from English

Vire good

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Very good

from Warren, OH

Comments about Discover More Credit Card:

This discover more credit card has been a wonderful addition to my life. I don't have many credit cards but this was being advertised on amazon that when you apply you would get an 100 dollar amazon gift card! What a great offer I thought and I had to take advantage of this and apply right away! I was very happy to learn that this was not a scam and really was true. I was immediately approved and then I received my gift card shortly after in an email from discover! I would also highly recommend this discover credit card to anyone looking for a new credit card because it is a great promotion that you can't pass up. Their customer service is very good and they are all very helpful when you need assistance. Their rates are also very low and there is no annual fee which is great and I am very happy about that. So overall this is a great credit card to have and I would highly reccommend this to anyone looking for a new one.

Love the Cashback Bonus

Comments about Discover More Credit Card:

I'm a big fan of this card. When I opened it a year ago, I needed something with no annual fee and great ways to earn rewards. This gave me both. The rotating categories of 5% rewards (which other cards call "too complicated") are a great way to build up more cash back. On top of that, shopping online through Discover's site can bring even more reward cash. All of that is quick and easy to use. Signing up for the 5%, one click. For online shopping, find the store on Discover's list, follow the link and that's it. With that kind of ease of use and the potential to earn great rewards, why wouldn't you want this card? And when the rewards they offer cover such a wide range of gift card options, everyone can find some kind of benefit from this card. The card's services are also very easy to use, and very helpful. Paying bills online is quick and simple. I've also loved the addition of FICO credit scores to the account. With the growing potential for fraud, having instant access to the score is a big plus. And after my card was compromised in the 2013 Target breach, Discover automatically issued me a new card. I didn't even need to call them, it just came a few weeks later. With all the benefits and services that come with this card, I'd recommend it to anyone,

Cash Back Bonus

Comments about Discover More Credit Card:

The Discover More credit card has been a great credit card for some purchases depending on the cash back bonus offered. When I first signed up I thought I would be getting 1% on all purchases but it is actually up to 1%. You start out at .25% and then with $3000 per year you can earn the 1% on purchases (excluding places like Walmart). This really isn't that great of a deal, however they offer throughout the year 5% cash back bonus in certain categories and this is totally worth it. The categories include things like gas, restaurants, online shopping, and home improvement stores depending on the month. You have to sign up for these but if you can be on top of it, it really can work well in your favor. You can redeem your cash back for checks in $20 increments or into gift cards which will usually give you a bit more than what you put in. Many companies will have the turn $20 into $25 with a gift card and up to turning $20 into $40 which can be a great deal if you need that gift card.

• Available Rates:

This card has a crappy rewards program!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Discover More Credit Card:

I have several major credit cards that offer rewards. Discover was the first card I had that offered rewards. Even though they were the first and use this as an advertising point, they say they are the best and they are not. The Discover rewards program is so terrible compared to my other cards. I don't use it anymore. You have to spend so much money to receive 1% cash back. All my other cards offer that automatically if not more. The only reason I still used it occasionally was because they would have special promotions that was worth it. However, I was calling customer service constantly because they weren't posting correctly. It just wasn't worth it. I use it every once in a great while just so they don't close it and make my credit score go down. Do yourself a favor and go over the rewards programs for several cards before you choose one. This isn't a great choice.

Customer Service
This credit company made more mistakes than any other I've dealt with. I was constantly on the phone with them. They usually were polite and did eventually fix things but I don't have time to deal with that.

Available Rates
For the most part, the interest rate and credit limit you receive is based on your credit history and score. However, most of my cards have the about the same APR while this one is a little higher.

• Available Rates:

Discover More really is more than other cards

Comments about Discover More Credit Card:

I have had a Discover More credit card since 1999, so it's safe to say I have plenty of experience with them. They really do offer more than any other credit card with which I have had experience.

First, their customer service is top notch. If you ever need to call them for anything, you'll be answered quickly by a friendly voice every time. Aside from feeling like you're talking to a friend who aligns with you and is empathetic, you'll talk to someone who is highly knowledgeable about all of their products and services. They really go above and beyond the typical call center customer service that other cards offer.

Next, the card benefits are fantastic and hold up to the More name. You get cash back rewards everywhere you use the card, plus extra higher rates of cash back at specific categories throughout the year. Discover provides your FICO score to you for free on their site, which is something you have to pay extra for elsewhere. They have lots of budget-planning tools available to help you pay off your balance or work on your credit. All of these make you feel like you're not just another customer number to them.

Then, they have great rates. I have kept a low fixed rate for many years, so I don't have to worry about an adjustable rate that fluctuates with the market. They don't surprise you by changing your rate to something higher down the road. What you see is what you get with them. Plus, they're always happy to look for offers for you, like low-rate balance transfers.

Altogether, I would highly recommend the Discover More credit card. It's my favorite card, and if you get one, you'll likely feel the same way.

Loosing faith

from Knob Noster, MO

Comments about Discover More Credit Card:

For many years I was very pleased with my Discover More card but that is slowly fading away; I have experienced having disputes processed improperly which cost me the opportunity to get refunds.
When I referred a friend that applied through a promotional offer online, the offer was never honored because of an internet processing error and although all of the specified criteria was met, customer service would not correct the error.
I was given incorrect information on combining coupons when redeeming cash-back bonus on promotional offers and as a result used it on more coupons than I was allowed to use so it ended up costing me more that if I had just paid regular price; once again customer service would do nothing to help.
Now I have learned that I can no longer redeem cash-back bonus for account credit or bank deposit in increments smaller than $50, although my minimum payment is only $35.

Customer Service
Although they are very pleasant and professional, in an unusual situation they do not offer any satisfactory resolution.

Available Rates
I can consistently get better rates on other cards.

I love my discover CARD!

from Frisco, TX

Comments about Discover More Credit Card:

I have been using this Discover Card since 1999. This card gives cash back 3% for a certain category each quarter and 1 % for everything else. The best part of this card is using their online shopping. I get 5% off Groupon and Nike.com when I used the click thru at Discover.com and I don't even have to shop with the discover card. In addition to that, I get excellent customer service from them. They called me to let me know a suspicious transaction was detected on my account and they verified to make sure if I did make that purchase. Even it was only a $20 Walmart purchase, they caught the criminals. They credited the money back to my account and sent a replacement card to me the next day. I cannot believe how their customer service is on top of their business!Please get a discover card, you will never regret. I use it so much that I always have average of $300 cash back in my account every 3-4 months!

Customer Service
I love the Discover Card!

Love my discover!

Comments about Discover More Credit Card:

I love my Discover card! I earn great rewards, can personalize my card design, have access to my FICO credit score on each statement, have access to great customer service, and have periodic special deals through my card.

Customer Service
I called one time to get help accessing my online account and the customer service representative was so pleasant. I actually felt like I was talking to my best friend and not a stranger on the phone. She even identified what state she was working out of! She efficiently helped me remember what my online login was and reset my password for me. She also ordered me a new card since I had lost my previous one.

Available Rates
To be honest I'm not even sure what my rate is but I do know that the rewards for the card are great! They do specials where you'll get extra cash back on certain types of purchases. My favorite is when they give back extra on gasoline purchases!

I pay my card off each month so I don't have to worry about the rates and there is no annual fee either.