3.4
M140000
Dirt Devil Purpose For Pets Bagless Vacuum

Dirt Devil Purpose For Pets Bagless Vacuum

3.4

Problems aren't always the machine

The dirt devil purpose for pets vaccum was my first non-bag upright and I was excited to pick it up with my wife to clean up our new house. Cat hair had been a huge pain for a long time and I was ready to get a vaccum that I could just pick up, go, and empty instead of going on bag runs.Well, it worked like a dream for the first month or two and then I noticed the suction dying out. Eventually, the motor started overheating. Now, if I were clueless, I would have left it at that and thought that it was a bad machine, HOWEVER, I like to find the problems with my machines and I figured if there was some sort of blockage, I could fix it.I opened the dirt cup, cleaned out everything, but the problem still prevailed. Finally, I took a look at the HEPA filter - more accurately, the small piece of foam that sits on top of the hepa filter - it was covered almost an inch thick with dirt. Knowing that I had found the culprit, I shook it out and then ran it under my faucet for a while. I squeezed the water out, let it dry, replaced it, and the vaccum works just as good as it did the first day that I got it.I've seen complaints scattered all across the internet about how their suction messed up and how they were having overheating problems .That small filter square being caked with dust is most definitely the problem. If anything, Dirt Devil should have noted more obviously the need to rinse the little thing out. It would have saved them from the majority of bad reviews.

Don't buy Dirt Devil Purpose for Pets Upright!

I bought the Dirt Devil Purpose for Pets upright in April of this year.  In June, the ends of the roller disintegrated into tiny pieces.  I contacted Dirt Devil about getting a new roller.  I was told that the roller was not covered under warranty and that I would need to purchase a new one.  I was also told that I needed to remove the roller each time I vacuumed and clean it after every use!  I had cleaned it once since I purchased it, and let me tell you, it is so difficult to remove to clean!  You would think that if Dirt Devil makes a roller that needs to be cleaned after every use, they would at least make it easy for the customer to do the task!  But you have to remove the bottom plate with a screwdriver and it is extremely difficult to put back together afterwards!

Given that it was still new, I tried to purchase a new roller directly from Dirt Devil, but it was on backorder until November!  The customer service rep gave me listings of two dealers in my area from which to buy a new roller.  I visited both dealers and both of them told me that this is a common occurance with the Dirt Devil Purpose for Pets, that it was a very poor quality vacuum and that neither dealer would ever sell that vacuum in their store because they know they would have a lot of angry customers if they did. I found a website that sold the rollers and purchased one; however, after placing the order, it too was on backorder!

It's now October, and I have not had the use of my upright since June!  And although a roller has been purchased, it's of no use when on backorder!  I bought the sweeper because I have two cats.  I've had to use an electric sweeper and hand-held vacuum in the meantime.

I honestly believed that Dirt Devil had a reputation for quality, but after this experience, I will never purchase another product from that company!

Dont purchase

from Zephyrhills, FL

Comments about Dirt Devil Purpose For Pets Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum is highly priced and doesnt work well. It will work ok the first few times then the suction is lost. Break easily and gets clogged easily. Dont purchase this vacuum. I had two of these and both of them worked and broke the same way. Not good for pet hair as advertised.

Devil of a machine

from Fargo, ND

Comments about Dirt Devil Purpose For Pets Bagless Vacuum:

We have owned this machine over two years.  I like the way it works except.  The foam filter needs to be washed to clean,  this machine should come with a second filter, because to wash and dry the filter stops the cleaning and if used before completely dry it will plug like cement and is almost impossible to clean.  If a second filter can not be provided with the initial purchase, it should at least be sold separately.

The other thing I do not like about the machine is the container for the lint and dirt.  I like the idea of bagless but it is very easy to over fill and than the dirt and dog hair goes into part of the vaccum which is not designed to be opened.  I would like to suggest somehow the collection container be sealed better and that the machine automatically shuts off when the collect container needs to be emptyed.

I do like the machine because I have two dogs, one white and one black and it does pickup the dog hair, but I do not have time to vaccum everyday so it does become a problem when it fills too fast.

Good Vacume

from Clovis, CA

Comments about Dirt Devil Purpose For Pets Bagless Vacuum:

I have had this vacume for going on 3 years now, and it still works well for me, which is more than I can say about most vacumes. I have an apatrment, and don't need a heavy duty vacume, so this one does the trick. It picks up hair, dirt, and dust quickly and efficiently, and only overheats when the brush or belt need to be replaced.

One of my favorite things about the Dirt Devil vacume is that you are able to buy parts to all of the Dirt Devil Vacumes on thier website at a reasonable price. The website makes finding the parts easy - you just type in the type of vacume you have, and it lists all the parts for you. They have free shipping on some orders, and my product always arrives quickly. I love this Dirt Devil Vacume and all of the Dirt Devil line.

dirtdevil for pets: Good machine, if maintained!

from Elk Grove Village, IL

Comments about Dirt Devil Purpose For Pets Bagless Vacuum:

Had this for almost two years now. I understood going in that at this price point you are getting a cheap, plastic, chinese-made vacumn, regardless of make. You get what you pay for. That said, it really does pick up pet hair very well. The brushroll (beater bar) broke after a couple of weeks, but dirtdevil sent out a new one right away with no argument. It just broke again after 2 years so I ordered another one online and some spare filters and belts. Parts are cheap and easy to order. The key to success with this machine is that you must be aware of how it filters, when the filters are dirty, and how to clean it; I have two small dogs and a cat and I will have to dump it out at least two or three times when vacuuming the whole house. As others have mentioned there is a foam filter and a hepa filter that you have to clean out frequently in addition to dumping out the main canister. I now know how often I have to clean it, and as long as I do that, for 80 bucks or so this does a super job. Occasionally the brushroll will get too much hair wound around it and give off a burning smell that is actually from the hair, but that happens to the central vac as well so I don't consider that to be a problem unique to this unit.

Dirt Devil animal hair vacuum did nothing for cat hair

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Dirt Devil Purpose For Pets Bagless Vacuum:

The Dirt Devil Animal Hair Vacuum is supposed to pick up unwanted pat hair, all it did for me is leave me with a clogged vacuum cleaner and nothing to get ANY dirt up out of the carpet. I have one little cat that is an average shedder and I thought that the price was right on the vacuum and that it would help take care of the pet hair. I wish I would have paid for a better vacuum because this one caused me nothing but heartache and trouble. The price was right but all the grief was not worth it. After being clogged several times and only three months use this vacuum completely wore out. I normally love Dirt Devil products but with this one I really have to say save yourself the trouble! Buy another pet vacuum. This vacuum will not do the job it is supposed too! I had one measly cat and it could not pick up her hair. There are so many other great products on the market, go buy yourself one of those and enjoy a pet hair free environment!

Love this Dirtdevil!

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Dirt Devil Purpose For Pets Bagless Vacuum:

We have very thick carpets and we went through 3 or 4 vacuums before I found this one because of the amount of pet hair and how often I had to vacuum they would burn up! I have had this vacuum for almost a year now and it is still going strong! The only vacuum that has left my carpet looking spotless! I love it!

Don't waste your money on this dirt devil!

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Dirt Devil Purpose For Pets Bagless Vacuum:

I bought this vacuum shortly after purchasing a new home which had carpet instead of the hardwood I was accustomed to. I do have a short haired dog who sheds a little, and little kids I didn't want accidentally injesting her fur. Right after I got it home it worked well, it was light enough for me to use easily. About 2 months after I got it, maybe 8-10 uses, it began overheating. I can't vaccuum more than about 500 sq feet at a time now without it overheating and shutting down. After cooling for about 30 minutes I can begin again. I have replaced the belt 3 times in 6 months (and I'm not trying to vacuum up rope or anything crazy like that). The belt breaks during normal use. Even when it is working the suction is noticably reduced from when I bought it less than a year ago. On top of that, when you bump a piece of furniture while vacuuming the dirt cup falls out and spills! I'm now looking for a new vacuum and I'll never try a dirt devil again.

Great for a while

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Dirt Devil Purpose For Pets Bagless Vacuum:

At first this vacuum was great and would work while I vacuumed the entire house.  It is very easy to push and I like that I can change the carpet height on the vacuum so if I go from a high carpet to my short carpets and get a good suction.  I have never had any suction problems and using the attachments to clean the couch, curtains, blinds and anywhere else high up.  There is even enough attachments to make the hose reach up to my ceilings to get cobwebs!  The vacuum is a little bit too heavy to clean the stairs but it does have a handy handle for carring it on the stairs.  I feel this machine has done a great job especially since I have two cats and a dog and it sucks up all the pet hairs.  The canister is easy to empty and clean and don't forget to remove the filter which is in a door under the canister.  This filter can be rinsed to get all of the dust and dirt out of it.  With that said I would think that would be enough cleaning to keep the vacuum running but after about a year's worth of vacuuming it now overheats.  I have to let it sit for 30 minutes just to finish one of the carpets.  This is enough for me to rate this two stars because it is very annoying for the vacuum to stop running during the middle of cleaning.

Dirt Devil Purpose For Pets--Love It!!

from Glenwood, GA

Comments about Dirt Devil Purpose For Pets Bagless Vacuum:

I saw this vacuum and fell in love. I even asked for it for Valentines Day. It is bagless and picks up pet hair very well. It tends to fill up the canister fairly quickly and you have to double check to make sure it doesn't go up the neck. If you use it regularly you have to wash out the filter so it doesn't overheat. I love that it is easy to use and really lightweight.

I would definately recommend the dirt devil purpose pet vacuum for its price, design and ease of use.

Dirt Devil Purpose for pets Vacuum rocks!

from Zion, IL

Comments about Dirt Devil Purpose For Pets Bagless Vacuum:

**Dirt Devil Purpose for pets Vacuum has been the best thing to get my dogs hair up off the couch.  I have two big german sheperds and they shed like crazy. When i  bought this vacuum i was instantly in love. It picks up the hair and dander like nothing i have ever seen. The vacuum is going to one of the best investments that you can make if you have pets. Unless you like pet hair all over the place. i recamend this product to every one even if you dont have pets. its good on humen hair. ladys and you know how you shed, sometimes worse then a dog.  bottim line is that you need a good vacuum one thats no going to loose sucton while your vacuuming. This vacuum does the job. it cleans, dusts and doesnt loose suction. so if you are ever wondering wwhat vacuum do i get the **Dirt Devil Purpose for pets Vacuum** is probully gonna be one of the best investments that you can make. if your looking for a good vacuum pick the **Dirt Devil Purpose for pets Vacuum** , it wont let you down. Thats all i have to say about this wonderful product...**