3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

A Fantastic Stick Vacuum by Dirt Devil

I have owned the Dirt Devil Power Stick Bagless Vacuum for the last three months and have been thrilled with my purchase. I am the proud owner of the Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus vacuum which has far exceeded my expectations, the only downside to this vacuum is that it does not work so well on hardwood or tile flooring. It was because of this that I decided to purchase a stick vacuum.

This stick vacuum is yet another success from Dirt Devil. I use this on my hardwood flooring in the living room and also on the tile flooring in the kitchen and bathrooms. I like that this vacuum is light weight and compact. Despite its small size it packs a powerful suction. I have yet to encounter any spillages or messes on my floors that have not been removed with one push around with this stick vacuum. I like that this vacuum is bagless. This was a big selling point to me. I can simply use it and empty the canister and not have to worry about the bags getting old or purchasing new ones or worse yet that they are discontinued.

I use this stick vacuum especially for smaller messes in the kitchen. It is great for picking up pet hair, crumbs, dirt, dust and other typical spills. I have also found this vacuum to work well on stairs. It is just the right size for cleaning each step and saves me having to pull out my main vacuum.

This vacuum is very easy to maneuver which makes it great for using in small confined spaces such as bathrooms. The powerful suction, ease of cleanup/maintenance, maneuverability and price make this an incredible buy. I am so thrilled with both my Dirt Devil vacuums. Both serve their purposes and both help me keep my home looking spotless. This is the first stick vacuum that I own and I am so happy with my purchase. This is a definite 10 out of 10 purchase.

Mediocre in performance and power

This is my second Dirt Devil vacuum. Inusevthis for quick pick- ups before I use my Shark Steamer. It has several pros and cons, but it is lightweight and for very small jobs (like dust or a few crumbs) works well. Biggest drawback is it's power, doesn't always pick up items. It also has a very small holding basket and very short cord. Like my other Dirr Devil vacuums, they just don't do a terrific job and tend not to last.

Maneuverability
It's small enough to get around corners and does a great job on area rugs, but it can't fit under furniture or beds. The cord is so short I find I need to unplug even to do a very small room. For example, I have to unplug tondo a 7x9 area rug!

Ease of Maintenance
It has a very small crumb basket with filter. I find myself always emptying the basket. There is no indicator light to let you know when it's full, it just stops picking up. The filter is not washable and not easy to find to replace.

Suction Performance
If basket empty, okay for small crumbs and dust. I use it before I steam mop.
The crevice tool has very poor suction power.

Versatility
Cannot recommend this for full size carpets of any pile large jobs. It's meant to be used in lieu of a broom and dust pan. Using it to "sweep" the hardwood floors prior to steaming is asking too much from it's design or power.

Terrible design flaw in the lack of cord and basket that you can't tell when it's full. Also it's high and wont fit well under a sofa or low bed.

Not likely to hold up but cheap enough to replace.

You cannot get a stick vacuum any better thn this.

Comments about Dirt Devil Power Stick Bagless Vacuum:

This stick vacuum is absolutly the best stick vacuum that I have ever used.i would recommend this vacuum cleaner to anyone, and this thing picks up pet hair like none other. It

Maneuverability
This vacuum is light weight easy to carry and very easy to push and pull across the carpet you are cleaning, and hard floor is easier than ever.

Ease of Maintenance
This vacuum is easy to maintain, because even though the filter is within the dust bin of the vacuum cleaner it does not get that dirty very often. This vacuum has a easy empty dust bin and cyclonic filter make this vacuum ver easy to maintain. The filter does not get very dirty because the cyclonic bin spins the dust constantly keeping it away from the filter, and when the filter does get dirty just lightly tap it out and go back to vacuuming.

Suction Performance
I tell you what I have never had a stick vacuum with the suction power of the stick vacuum. You can see the suction power of this vacuum while you are cleaning as the dirt enters the dust cup it is thrown into a cyclone in within the dust bin and no matter how full it gets it does not loose suction and the cyclone is still active.

Mediocre in performance and power

from Tampa Florida

Suction Performance
If basket empty, okay for small crumbs and dust. I use it before I steam mop.
The crevice tool has very poor suction power.

Versatility

Not likely to hold up but cheap enough to replace.

Not Great for Carpets

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Dirt Devil Power Stick Bagless Vacuum:

I am a fan of Dirt Devil so when I saw their Power Stick Bagless Vacuum I picked one up to try out. I ultimately ended up returning it though.

First, this is incredibly lightweight and easy to use. It's compact and gets in tight spaces relatively well. It's not designed for super small places like behind the toilet, but it's good for about ninety percent of what you need it for, size wise.

The problems arose when I tried to use it on carpeting. Not even thick carpeting, just regular, low pile carpet. It just did not suck things up. I don't know if the carpeting itself interfered with the suction or what. It worked quite well on tile and linoleum and hardwood floors but just not on carpet. This was quite annoying for me as I have quite a bit of carpet and that cut down on the number of areas that I could actually use this vacuum. So, after realizing that I didn't need a separate vacuum just for the bathroom and kitchen I decided to return it.

The little canister was easy to remove and empty. And the cord control was very good. I never found myself running the cord over like on some models.

So, if you have only tile, hardwood, or linoleum floors this would be a good option for you, but give it a pass on carpets.

A Fantastic Stick Vacuum by Dirt Devil

from New York, NY

• Versatility:

Very lightweight and efficient vacuum cleaner.

Comments about Dirt Devil Power Stick Bagless Vacuum:

Great vacuum for stairs, or smaller and hard to reach areas. Lightweight, easy to use and maneuver.

Maneuverability
Very light and easy to carry especially between multiple floors.

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy to empty and clean.

Suction Performance
Great suction for the size and cost of the vacuum.

Versatility
Not good for heavy cleaning, but easy to use for smaller jobs or stairs.

Very small and light making vacuum easy to use.

I have had this vacuum for over a year and have experienced no problems. Vacuum is very durable.

This Dirt Devil Is Cute & Good For Small Vacuum Jobs

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Dirt Devil Power Stick Bagless Vacuum:

Dirt Devil Power Stick Bagless Vacuum M084100 is small but it does a fair job on carpets and on floors. It works well on floors for picking up small little things. This vacuum will clean your floors better than a broom, believe me. It can get under cabinets that are high off the ground easily because it is so small and on the thin side. It is really good at vacuuming up dust particles. It has a long cord for its size, and the vacuum itself is lightweight. It will maneuver around floors and carpets effortlessly. The stairs are so easy to do as well. It does an okay job on pet hairs. It needs a little help with the suctioning because it won’t vacuum up really thick stuff. It picks up lightweight things the best. Upon occasion it will clog up and you’ll have to clean it. You just take out the canister and throw out it contents, and it’s done. The cleaning part is super easy because it is bagless. This isn’t the kind of vacuum you would use for heavy duty vacuuming. It won’t work well on a thick or super thick carpets either. I think this vacuum will last a long time, as long as you use it for light jobs. The small size makes for easy storing. You will not have to fight with it, when you are putting it away in a closet, like some vacuums. It is “not” bulky. It will not take up a lot of space either. I think the “color and design” of this vacuum is really “cute”. It is a good price for what it does. It gets (3 STARS), and I recommend it for light vacuum jobs.

Very little power.

Comments about Dirt Devil Power Stick Bagless Vacuum:

I bought this vacuum thinking that it would be a great way to clean up small spaces with little effort. I was wrong! This vacuum is not fun to use. True, it is light. I do like that it is easy to lift, easy to push, and easy to store. BUT ... it does not really work! I try to use it to clean our 5X8 living room rug, and it does not even touch the dirt. It is not strong enough to pick up anything on the rug! It works OK on places where the dirt moves freely (like our hardwood floors), but I have a different vacuum to do these large areas (this one is too small to work well on the large areas, and it would really be a pain to use this small size on large areas). This was supposed to work on the carpeted stairs and rugs, but it just isn't strong enough to do the job. Such a disappointment. I could only recommend it if you were using it on linoleum or wood floors, definitely not on rugs or carpet.

good for hardwood floor

from Redmond, WA

Comments about Dirt Devil Power Stick Bagless Vacuum:

I got this vacuum cleaner because it was small and light, and looked easy to wield. From my experience, it seems like it does well on the hardwood floor part of the house but once I get onto the carpet, it doesn't do nearly as good of a job.

Very lightweight

Ease of Maintenance
I don't like having to clean the dirt container

Suction Performance
Good on hardwood floor, bad on carpet

Didn't come with attachments

Looks sleek

No problem for 4 years

Pretty good!

from Ft Mitchell, KY

Comments about Dirt Devil Power Stick Bagless Vacuum:

I am always on the lookout for a lightweight vacuum that works well on hard floors without having to lug out the regular vacuum, but have often been disappointed. This one, however, was not a let down. It is able to pick up most everything, from dog hair, to mud clumps, seemingly without effort. The dirt cup is large enough to do about one floor level without emptying, and it is easy to dump the cup and whack the dust out of the little filter thingy.

Maneuverability
the head is small and maneuvers easily around furniture and edges.

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy to empty and clean dirt cup

Suction Performance
Best I have experienced in a stick vac.

Versatility
Does an OK job on pile carpet, but does not deep clean. Works well on mats and hard surfaces though.

Easy to change filter/clean cup

I have bumped it, dropped it, the cord has been accidentally pulled from the outlet several times, and no problems.

Inexpensive and quick vacuum

from Newport Beach, CA

Comments about Dirt Devil Power Stick Bagless Vacuum:

It does a small job, gets hair and dirt up, it works best if you need small jobs. Its nice with no bag, the container doesnt hold much

Maneuverability
It is is pretty basic, very light weight, can fit in most areas

Ease of Maintenance
No bag is nice, the container is small but easy to take off and on for cleaning

Suction Performance
This is the part that lacks, hair gets caught easy and has to be cleaned. Not very good at deep cleaning

Versatility
Can take anywhere with ease, lightweight and fits in most places because it is small.

Easy to put away, small enough to fit in small closets. Lightweight