Other Vacuums:

Dirt Devil Gator Cordless Hand Vac

Great For Small Clean-Ups

from Virginia

Comments about Dirt Devil Gator Cordless Hand Vac:

I bought the Dirt Devil Cordless Hand Vacuum since I have small children. I was constantly using my large vacuum cleaner for small clean ups. My daughters are at the age where half of what they eat hits the floor. I use this hand vac on hard services as well as carpet. It's quick to grab since there's no cord. This vacuum has saved me time by not having to constantly get my large upright vacuum out. I also use it to clean up what I sweep with a broom. It picks up dirt, hair, food crumbs and even salt or sugar if it's spilt. That's how I can tell if it has good suction when it will pick up something that small. The Dirt Devil Gator is lightweight and easy to clean. When the filter gets dirty you can wash it out. I keep mine charging when it's not in use. I have also used this vacuum to do a quick clean up in my vehicles. Since there's no cord it can be used anywhere in your home. It cleans out my girls car seats and underneath them, the carpets and seats. If you have had children you know how crumbs seem to be everywhere you kids go and I'm right behind them with my handheld cordless vacuum.

Maneuverability
It's light weight and small enough to be used in small places.

Ease of Maintenance
It comes with a charger, you have to clean out the filter regularly.

Suction Performance
Powerful suction when the filter is clean but it lowers when the filter starts filling up.

• Maneuverability:
  • Ease of Maintenance:
  • Suction Performance:
  • Versatility:

The Gator is a hand vaccuum that works.

from Fredericksburg, VA

Comments about Dirt Devil Gator Cordless Hand Vac:

I got this vaccuum to deal with dog hair that collects in various corners of the rooms of my house, stuff the stand up vaccuum cleaner does not get. The unit doesn't have any glaring faults. It's cordless and rechargeable and I've yet to run out of battery when I needed it. The dirt chamber is easy to access and isn't too hard to clean. The suction is enough to pick up the little stuff you'd want to pick up with something like this. The problem is that all of these things are not as good as you'd probably want them to be. The chamber that holds the filter and all of the things it picks up is not very big, I have to empty it often. It's also not easy to clean. In fairness I haven't read the instructions but that doesn't seem like something you'd have to do for a dust buster. You have to reach your fingers in to get at anything that won't shake loose and I'm afraid I'll tear the filter, though that hasn't happened. The suction is adequate but had less power than I was expecting. It picks up what I need it to but I feel like it isn't as powerful as it should be.

Dirt Devil little vacuum=little suction

from Zeeland, MI

Comments about Dirt Devil Gator Cordless Hand Vac:

The Dirt Devil Gator vacuum has such poor quality. I love their other handheld vacuum (an older model) that has bristles and their dust-busters are excellent so I figured this would be another great product, but I was sorely dissappointed. This vacuum cannot be plugged-in while being used, and it does not hold a charge. There is very little suction, and the inside fills extremely quick and the more inside the vacuum the less the suction (the little bit that is present) works. Another negative is the filter is so little that it fills quicker than the inside cup that is supposed to catch the dirt. I am so glad I got this on a clearance sale, or I would have been extremely upset.

Dirt Devil handy portable sweeper gets the dirt away

from Geneva, OH

Comments about Dirt Devil Gator Cordless Hand Vac:

This Dirt Devil portable sweeper is a great buy and value for the price.  Easy to use and operate for those hard to reach places with a regular size sweeper.  Works great for picking up animal hair and lint. I use it for cleaning the inside of the car and it's great.  Recharging is made easy with the plug provided.