Other Vacuums:

Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Vacuum

Pros

Cons

Great value!

We love our vacuum. It does a great job of getting the dirt and stuff out of the carpet. I love the bagless system and that you can just dump it out and go. It was well worth every penny that we spent on this vacuum. I would recommend this for anyone that wants a value vacuum but also wants to have their house or apartment clean as possible. We switched to this vacuum from a standard bagged vacuum and I would not even consider going back to the bags. We don't have to constantly get new bags and the dirt canister is easily cleaned and does not stay dirty. Although not the smallest vacuum it is not large and stores away very easily. If you are looking for something that is inexpensive but very powerful, look no further than the Dirt Devil bagless model. It will get everything clean. I love the attachments as well.

You get what you pay for with this one

This vacuum was the least expensive one at the store. We were on a tight budget, so my hubby and I decided to give it a shot. We've had our Dirt Devil featherlight bagless vacuum for about 8 months now and use it about twice a week. Unfortunately in this case, we got what we paid for. The vacuum is not at all as powerful as the larger Hoover that we used to have. Having two dogs in a small apartment, the Dirt Devil struggles with pet hair. One sweep of the apartment still leaves visable hair on the rug. The baggless container is small and fills up very quickly. I have to empty mine after almost every use. The vacuum doesn't have adequate suction in my opinion, and the rug doesn't look fluffed and clean like it ought to right after a cleaning..

The vacuum is small (easy to store) and very light (easy to manuever). I don't think this compensates, however, for the lack of performance that comes with larger more powerful vacuums, and it doesn't work well for people with pets.

A weight less vacuum with great suction.

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum lives up to it's claims. It is very light weight. The suction on this vacuum is very good, and the bagless feature makes it very easy to empty.

Maneuverability
This vacuum maneuvers around corners with ease and under tables etc.. The only problem I have with this vacuum is that it does not reach into crevices.

Ease of Maintenance
The fact that it is a bagless vacuum makes it very easy to empty so there is no messy bags to deal with. Keeping it clean is very easy also, all you have to do is wipe it down with a damp cloth.

Suction Performance
The suction on this vacuum is very good for the price of the vacuum. I do find that I have to go over the same area a few times to get that area clean.

The design of this vacuum is very good. I am able to use the tools with no problem. The foot pedals make it easy to turn on and off.

I have had this vacuum for some time and I have not lost suction action during this time, and the hose is very thick so there is no chance of puncturing it.

• Versatility:

Love this dirt devil vacuum(:

from Eddyville, KY

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Vacuum:

Will never buy a different vacuum cleaner than this one(:

Ease of Maintenance
Super easy to clean and no dirt fly g filters to have to clean or replace.

Suction Performance
I have not had any changes in the suction force and I use it several times a week since I clean homes and businesses. Amazing. I've had much higher priced vacuums loose their suction power in hardly any time... Not this one. Consistent and faithful to deliver.

Versatility
With its light weight, you can easily do stairs. Also the hose easily slips out to get corners and furniture.

The handle folds down with a simple press of a button making this vacuum easy to carry and easy to stow away, as it takes less space. Since I clean homes and businesses for a living, I have found this fits easily into my trunk... Compact, lightweight, and works excellently. Extremely easy to transport from place to place. I will continue using this type of vacuum. I also love the red color. No more boring black for me:)

I use this vacuum everyday and it has worked perfectly and all in one piece... No parts have broken.

• Versatility:

Could've been better, but at least it works.

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Vacuum:

I went to my local Biglots and bought this vacuum on sale, I was excited because usually I hear good things about Dirt Devils. I was a bit disappointed. It's cool that there's no bag and all, but this vacuum gets clogged way too easily. If you used the extension part to the vacuum it builds up in an upper part of the vacuum that is almost impossible to get out unless you stick your fingers into the hole and slowly get it all out slowly.
This vacuum is not cat hair friendly, barely sucks up the cat hair I rugs and if it does it gets clogged. I would recommend this vacuum only to people without pets, or else you'll just be disappointed.

Maneuverability
Very light weight, easy to move and bring up and down stairs. Quite surprised with how weightless it is.

Ease of Maintenance
Extremely hard to clean out, easily cloggable, and sometimes suction becomes weak.

Suction Performance
Becomes clogged in invisible spots causing suction to become weak and quite disappointing when you have a mess to clean.

It's easily moveable and it's a good looking vacuum. Could've made inside design better so less clogging happens.

Great Value

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Vacuum:

I received this for Christmas from my mother. She was looking for an inexpensive, yet durable vacuum. This has held up great and still had excellent suction even after 3 years. We have 2 dogs that shed very badly. The vacuum has done a wonderful job at combating the shedding issue. The only down side is the filter. I wish there was an easier way to clean it so that it lasted a little longer. I have replaced the filter about 2 times so far, which I think is pretty good. I should probably have replaced it more often than that, but it keeps going even on a heavily used filter. The design is pretty basic. Sometimes I wish it was a little less bulky so that I could reach a little further under some items, but for the size of it, it actually lays down pretty far to reach under things. I would buy another one in a heart beat. My mom did her research before she bought this for my sister and I, and I would say that everything she heard and read about it was correct and has even surpassed what she was hoping for.

Ease of Maintenance
There really isn't that much to maintain. You just have to switch out the filter every 6 months or so.

I really like the simple design. Nothing fancy, but I know how to use and maintain it.

• Versatility:

Works good but I wouldn't pay full price for it

from Chesterton, IN

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum is not too bad. I have definitely had worse! I acquired mine after a friend was moving out of the country and couldn't take it with him. I was in a need of a vacuum and he was in need of getting rid of one so it was the perfect deal.

First off, I love that it's bagless. Not only do I not have to buy bags but it also cuts down on waste ending up in the garbage. Yes, it can be messy but I just wash my hands when I am done and it's not a problem.

I also love that it comes with a variety of nozzle attachments. These are really convenient for hard to reach spot like behind the bed and up by the corner of the ceiling.

I think the suction could be a bit better. I use the vacuum on both carpet and hard wood floors. When I'm done cleaning, I often find small piece of lint till stuck to the carpet. Also, if I sweep my hard wood floors right after, I am usually left with a pile of dirt. Now I know that it's intended more for carpet, but if it can't suck up dirt on my hard floor, then can it actually suck up dirt in the carpet? I'm a bit skeptical.

Overall, for the price paid aka zero, it was a good deal. If you are thinking about getting this vacuum though, I wouldn't pay full price. Hopefully you can snag a good deal on it too.

Love Dirt Devil!!

from Landrum, SC

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Vacuum:

I have always been a dirt devil fan! I love there vacuums! I purchased the Dirt Devil Featherlite bagless Vacuum and it is so nice! I love that it is bagless , I remember the old days having to change out bags and its so nice to not have to do that anymore! The Dirt Devil is also feather lite and makes it easy for carrying up stairs and it really does the job when cleaning your carpet!

Great little vacuum!

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Vacuum:

Will this vacuum work for big, industrial jobs? No. But it does an excellent job around my 2/2 home! It is light, easy to clean, and fits nicely into a small closet. It was also quite inexpensive, making it an excellent value.

Maneuverability
Moves easily and without a lot of effort.

Ease of Maintenance
It is easy to empty the receptacle and to clean the filter in it. The only downside is that longer hairs can get caught in the receptacle in a spot where you can not get it out. For that reason, I wouldn't suggest it to people to long-haired pets.

Suction Performance
I've never had an issue with the suction. It has always gotten the job done.

Versatility
I use this both on carpet and tile/linoleum floors with ease.

Lightweight and easy to use! Great color options also.

I've had this vacuum for 3 years and it is still as great as the day I got it. No complaints!

Very Diasppointed

from Madison, AL

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Vacuum:

I bought this vacuum 6 months ago and it has already stopped suctioning. In all honesty, this vacuum has been performing poorly since I bought and I loved my old cheaper one much one than this one. I really feel like I wasted money for this product because now I have to buy another one

Light and reliable

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Vacuum:

I purchased this vaccum because I was in new of a new vaccum but I wanted something that was practicial as far as price is concerned but also reliable because I have spent a lot of money in the past for vaccum that would easily break. I was a bit skeptical of the weight of this vaccum because it was sooo light weight but this vaccum gets the job done. it is comparable to more expensive and heavier vaccum. I actually like the light weightness of this vaccum being a petite woman. I would recommend this to anyone that is in need of a good inexpensive vaccum.

Maneuverability
easy to use on carpet or hardwood

Ease of Maintenance
its bagless so that a plus

Suction Performance
sucks up anything so be careful

Versatility
its pretty basic. i wouldnt use it for a car vaccum

soo light weight and perfect

its holding on because it gets a lot of use at my home

Love this vaccum

from Cockeysville, MD

Comments about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Vacuum:

I love this vaccum it's small but does the job of a large one!!

Ease of Maintenance
You have to realize that with all bag-less vacuums they are going to be messy to clean but I love the power of this, the price of this one and taking care to clean it properly makes it a work horse!

Love dirt devil - always dependable and lasts