3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

i was about to give up on dirt devil, then found this baby!

I had owned other dirt devils and they all fell apart. then we borrowed a neighbors lil dynamite and fell in love. as soon as we could we went out and bought one of our own. that was a year ago and it has kept up with our cats (and the dog we had) perfectly.

yeah it doesnt have attachments, but we really never used them anyway. no dust after and cleanup is a snap with the canister instead of bags. i would recommend this one for the person that doesn't have time or money for something fancy, but just needs something to kick butt on pet hair, dust and dirt. the hepa filter is pretty cheap to replace at most walmarts.

Using this vacuum is a work out!

Price of product fit my pocket book at the time. Needed something fast. Worked very well at first but a month or two after purchasing it the wheels began to fall off. At first I could put them back on, but I had to vacuum a certain way so that they wouldn't come off again. Eventually, it was just easier to leave them off. I have only changed the belt twice in a years time. Which isn't bad. I guess you get what you pay for!

Terrible

Comments about Dirt Devil Dynamite Compact Bagless Vacuum:

My husband and I only bought this vacuum because it was cheap and we needed one at the time, however I wish we had splurged. First off, make sure you know it does not have a suction hose. I did not realize this until we got home and took it out of the box. That was my first disappointment. Second, it is the LOUDEST vacuum ever. We live in an apartment and so I always make sure I vacuum at a decent hour due to the fact that you can hear me cleaning from the street outside.
It also does not suction well at all! I have to go over spots several times in order to make sure that it has picked everything up. Who knows if it is actually getting the whole thing, probably just a surface cleaning of my carpets. Ew.
It overheats very easily and will shut off for a couple of hours if that happens. It also has a foul burnt rubber smell everytime you vacuum.
All in all, we are looking for a new vacuum.

Nice, compact vacuum!

Comments about Dirt Devil Dynamite Compact Bagless Vacuum:

I use this vacuum while away at school. I enjoy it because it's compact, but very powerful. It's bagless so you don't need to replace anything, which is convenient. It's pretty small, and the handle can be pushed down to make it even smaller. The only downside is that it gets clogged with hair pretty easily (I am a girl with pretty long hair), and that needs to be cut out of the bottom every once in a while. I've had this for about three years (and, admittedly, have not given it as much wear and tear as I should) and have had to replace the belt once. Once in a while I will need to run the vacuum over a spot multiple times, but considering the price of this vacuum and the smaller areas that I use it for, it's not a big deal. It's a great, cheap vacuum for being away at school and small apartments, but when I am in a larger apartment or my own home I may spring for something just a little bit nicer.

Ease of Maintenance
There is no bag for this, and the filter is washable.

• Versatility:

Good for in between cleans.

from Cantonment, FL

Comments about Dirt Devil Dynamite Compact Bagless Vacuum:

Very lightweight vacuum. Easy emptying and good for picking up cat hair. However, only picks up surface dirt/ hair and not good for bare floor. Seems to just scatter dirt everywhere. I would recommend just for quick cleaning. The attachments are pretty worthless. The hose is not long enough and the vacuum cleaner tips over because it is not heavy enough.

Maneuverability
Easy to maneuver because of light weight.

Ease of Maintenance
All you have to do is empty the canister.

Suction Performance
Surface OK but not much suction at all for attachments.

mighty midget

from Danielson, CT

Comments about Dirt Devil Dynamite Compact Bagless Vacuum:

Small is the operative word for this little vaccuum.  It's lightweight, fits everywhere and is very easy to use.  The bagless design is great since you don't have to spend money on bags.  The small size is deceptive because this little machine has all the power of it's big brothers.  it will basically pick up everything and it's fantastic on pet hair.  the air filters are a bit expensive but you can make them last a long time by brushing the dirt off them.  The cord is very long so it's a snap to clean a big room.  The vac is also very light so doing stairs is easy.  it's also easy for a disabled person to operate since it's so small.  The handle extends and contracts for people of different heights.  it does tend to be a bit noisy and the exhaust will blow things off the walls but those are minor glitches.  It's everything I ever wanted in a vaccuum and more.  the onboard tools are also easy to use.  Very affordable and worth every penny.

Maneuverability
this thing fits almost everywhere and is not heavy

Ease of Maintenance
changing the belt is not easy but most of them aren't

Suction Performance
it loses a bit of suction when the filter is dirty but replacing that solves that problem

Versatility
it fits into small places and the onboard tools are very helpful

i love the extending handle and the tools are easy to use

it has stood up to years of cat fur and dirt

• Versatility:

the dirt devil dynamite is really dynamite at cleaning floors!

from Danielsville, GA

Comments about Dirt Devil Dynamite Compact Bagless Vacuum:

I have never seen a light weight vaccum that has the power the Dirt Devil Dynamite has. It is so light weight and easy to use. Since receiving mine, I have recommended it to my mother, daughter-in-law, friends, and my aunt. It is great for my mother and aunt because it no longer hurts their backs to vaccum. They love it because it is so light weight. The power behind this vaccum is excellant, and I am a picky person when it comes to clean. This vaccum really solved a problem for me and for my mother and aunt. I could not wait for tehm to get one for themselves and try it, because they were always so tired after using their old vaccums. But the Dirt Devil Dynamite eliminates that. Now they both love to vaccum and have thanked me so many times for telling them about it. I live on a farm and get alot of dirt and grass tracked in, this vaccum picks up everything with ease and even vaccums the throw rugs so easily. It doesn't have above floor capabilities, but it is the best floor vaccum you could use. The power is tremendous and you just empty the dirt cup and you are ready to go again.

Turns corners so wonderful

Ease of Maintenance
Easy to clean dirt cup and casing.

Suction Performance
Dyanmite at getting even the little things like thread and lint off the carpet

Versatility
I do miss the on board tools for above floor cleaning.

I love that the handle slips into the vaccum and it is so easy to carry

Holds up really well. And I use it at home and at my neighbors beauty shop, It has lasted now for over 3 years.

• Versatility:

Good power but no accessories and dusty when cleaning

from Copperas Cove, TX

Comments about Dirt Devil Dynamite Compact Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum loses power dramatically when the filter gets dirty, which happens quickly. I have trouble emptying the dust bin because the dust gets caught on the filter connection when emptying. I would rather have a bagged vacuum cleaner. Although bagged vacuums lose suction as they get full, it's not that hard to change a bag and then you're back in business. The filters in bagged vacuums rarely need to be cleaned or changed, and the bagless vacuums require new filters every couple of months. I could buy several sets of bags for the price of one filter for a bagless vacuum. I think bagless vacuums are a fad and people will soon revert to bagged vacuums.

Using this vacuum is a work out!

from Lake Village, AR

Great Apartment Vaccum

from Sellersville, PA

Comments about Dirt Devil Dynamite Compact Bagless Vacuum:

I bought this vaccum 2 years ago when i moved into my first apartment (800 square feet) with wall to wall hardwood floors. I now have moved on to condo with carpet and hardwood floors (1100 square feet). I bought this vaccum at the time because it was small and cheap. I though I would upgrade when I had the money. It's been 2 years and I have no plans on replacing it till it breaks. I have a long haired cat and this vaccum never gets clogged with pet hair. It's also so easy to use my nephew 4 year old can use he has gone over items that shouldn't be vaccumed (larger pieces of paper, quarters etc.) and the vaccum has yet to break. My sister bought for her home so he could help with chores as her vaccum is too big for him.

Pros:

Handle comes down when not in use. I have stored on the bottom of my linen closet.

With the handle down it the perfect size for a child to use.

Cleans up pet hair.

Cons:

No attachment.

Filter gets dirty fast. (I bang it out every couple uses and reuse it for up to six months)

In order to get all the dirt out with emptying you must remove the filter and I admit I have gotten dusty a few times while doing this.

The Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus Vacuum Is Horrible!

from Chattanooga, TN

Comments about Dirt Devil Dynamite Compact Bagless Vacuum:

For Christmas last year I purchased a pink Dirt Devil Dynamite. I love it but I didn't like that it had no hose attachment. After looking around I noticed that Dirt Devil made the Dynamite Plus Vacuum which comes with the hose attachment that I wanted so badly. I used this vacuum for a few days and noticed that it stopped picking up stuff off my carpet. I then noticed that it looked like it was smoking from the bottom panel. I unplugged the machine and found that it was clogged. I had to take the whole thing apart and clean out the clog. The next day I used it again and it worked for a few min's and then started doing the same thing. It was clogged again! The vacuum clogged up so easy that I don't even like to use it. Also, the hose has very little pickup power and doesn't really do well at sucking anything up. Another thing I don't like is the filter. I thought since the vacuum was so cheap then the filter would be too. This is not the case. By the time I figure in all the money I've spent in buying filters for this vacuum I could have purchased a much nicer vacuum with a much cheaper filter. I donated this vacuum about a month ago because I was so frustrated with using it. I greatly dislike this product!

love it

from Beaver Dam, WI

Comments about Dirt Devil Dynamite Compact Bagless Vacuum:

this is our second dirt devil vaccuum and this one is the best so far. Great suction and light weight, and love the bagless. This one picks up cat hair and dirt really great. And it matched the toy dirt devil my grandkids have. LOL just think what there expressions were when we pulled it out and they saw we had the same one as them. Was great.