3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

It's a breeze to use the Dirt Devil Breeze!

I bought the Dirt Devil Breeze at a time when I didn't have much money thinking it would do until I could do better.  Here it is five years later and i am still using my Dirt Devil!  The only part I have replaced is a belt one time.  The Breeze is light-weight  and easy to maneuver. It has great suction power.  It has on-board tools.  It has a much longer warranty period than most vacuums (not that you will ever need it).  No bags to buy!  Too bad more products aren't as reliable as the Dirt Devil Breeze!

It might be ok if i lived alone..and in a sterile bubble

Living with 2 teenagers (3 if you count my husband) 2 boxers and the cat i struggle to keep our house clean..ok neat anyway ..this vacuum was purchased after our first dirt devil sucked the tie from my robe into its motor and died. my husband bought it and i could end this story there,....     but for those who dont know my hubby ill continue..    the major problem with this vacuum is the fact you have to stop and empty the bagless container every 5 minutes..not because its full (im not that filthy) but because the filter needs to be slammed against the wall. it clogs easily and then nothing gets picked up..if i use carpet fresh i have to make sure i have all day to vacuum...the filter is my enemy...i have vacuumed a room over and over then used the brush attachment and found the brush would be covered with pet hair.that was not picked up ..the carpet looked clean but it wasnt...so i dont recommend it for pet owners. it does work for human hair and i know this because i have to vacuum the boys bathroom daily as well..an 18 yr old, a 13 yr old , and a 50 year old man all share a bath and they shed so much hair ( head hair, face hair, back hair, ass hair...)that i could weave a blanket with it if i only had a loom..instead i use the dirt devil and if it would clean up the pee on the floor surrounding the toilet then i would say its great..but i would never buy this vacuum again..so unless you like banging out the filter every 5 minutes and then cleaning up the dust cloud from doing so this is something to stay away from

Nice performance for such a small vacuum

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

We got this vacuum as a hand-me-down from neighbors who were moving, and my expectations were modest. I have been very pleasantly surprised at what a good job this little vacuum does. We have some rooms with wall-to-wall carpet, some with hardwood, and others with area rugs over wood. Our Dirt Devil cleans them all really well. It's easy to maneuver, and cleaning out the canister is a snap! It's small and light enough to bring to the garage to vacuum the car, too! The attachments make it even easier to get into crevices and/or clean delicate furniture and blinds.

• Versatility:

good, but not super powerful

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

I bought this vacuum after my big old Hoover was ruined in a house fire. It's a fine tool, but not powerful, will not pull up dirt that has settled into carpeting. Does have good option for cleaning hard floors, which I appreciate because I have both hard floors (laminate) and carpeting in my home. Doesn't do a great job on super fine things like flour that has spilled on the hard kitchen floor or the carpeting. the hose pops out quite easily, and I've found myself vacuuming and everything picked up is just blowing back out on the floor! But it's lightweight, and very easy to clean. You can see what's in the container really easily, so you know when it's time to empty it. it's really easy to clean out the container and snap it back in place. It's also easy to wash the container and filter and foam filter cover so you feel like you are not blowing the stuff back into your air, breathing in dust and particles. The basic attachments are fine for a house vacuum, but only if you are vacuuming about once a week or more often. Once nice thing about the container type vacuum is that if you accidentally vacuum up an earring or something, it's easy to find, rather than having to comb through a bag full of dust and gunk. So I can recommend this vacuum for light type cleaning, but nothing very heavy duty.

Ease of Maintenance
changing belts is not difficult, and removing the brush roller to clean out hair and such isn't too cumbersome

• Versatility:

Not bad for a first vacuum!

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

This is a good little first vacuum. Mostly easy to use. The bagless feature is great but you have to remove the filter to dump or it all gets stuck on it! That can be messy! However the container can be removed easily and put back with no problems! Although it is a two handed job! Using the hose can be a pain! The hose is a bit short if you want to reach up high! I was used to dusting the corners of the room with my last on and unless you put the attachments on you are stuck with a hose that works great down low but not high. The attachments you can use are great though! Many fit the hose and that gives you a variety of ways to vacuum. Does not work great on hard floors, it flicks everything back at your feet! On carpets it works though! Easy to push and rolls well. Suction can vary. I am not sure why. I have used washable filters and new filters and it still can vary. Replacing the belt is as easy as it can be on a vacuum. You have to be able to pull and line up but all belts on vacuums are a hassle!

Maneuverability
Rolls well and I never had a problem getting around corners!

Ease of Maintenance
easy to replace the belt and filter!

Suction Performance
not super great but works enough

Versatility
basically an upright carpet vacuum, hard floors you are stuck with the hose!

the dirt container having the filter in the way when you are dumping it sucks but everything else was fine

it held up to me and my kids with the exception of the clip, or whatever called, stopped working and it didn't stay standing up unless propped. This made using the hose a horrible thing.

• Versatility:

DirtDevilBreezeBaglessVacuumM088160 is a breeze for small areas.

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum M088160 is easy to use. This vacuum does an average job at vacuuming the carpet because it doesn’t have enough suction. The way it moves on the carpet is smooth and it’s very easy to maneuver. It picks up tiny things and small miscellaneous things, but it doesn’t suck up medium things. It works on kitchen floors too. It does a good job of picking up pet hairs as well. For a small vacuum it has a few benefits that make it worth trying. I love using vacuums without bags because bags are so messy to use. When you try and empty the bags a lot of what you vacuumed up will fall right back onto the carpet. That doesn’t happen with this one, because it’s bagless. That’s my favorite thing about the Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum. I think it works better in a small room then in a big room. It just does a better job in small rooms because it doesn’t have as much area to cover. You easily remove the container and you can quickly dump it into a nearby trash can. You don’t have to search for vacuum bags, which was always a pain to me with other ones. The attachments are cute and easy to use. They aren’t very heavy and neither is the vacuum, as it is not bulky. I dislike vacuums that are heavy to lift. The color and design of this vacuum is so striking. It looks space-aged, and I love anything that looks like it’s from the future. The black & red color adds to its beauty. I think this vacuum is over-priced, so it’s best to buy it on sale. This vacuum is good for simple, small and dust areas, not big ones.

Simply love this vacuum

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum is the best value for the money invested on this vacuum. I have had this vacuum cleaner for two years now and absolutely love this product. It cleans very nicely and sucks the smallest dirt on the carpet. I use it to clean the kitchen hard floor and even the fan. The extensions are really useful to clean hard to reach places with ease specially for a person like me who is not very tall. With a active toddler sround, i have to clean the home constantly and this vacuum really works hard. Even after 2 years of constant use, it works as a breeze. This vacuum is also very easy to clean and just takes few minutes. I feel this is the best investment i ever made and hope to have this vacuum for many years to come.

No More Dust In My Home!

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

Its been only a couple of week since we bought this vacuum and we are so in love and fascinated with this item that we considering on purchasing a second one for my mom. First of all, its a very light vacuum so you wont get exhausted after finishing the first room. Its very flexible, so you be able to reach difficult to clean surfaces, even under the bed. I have to mention that its fast and easy to clean. For this last two weeks, we haven't even sneeze or had any allergies 'cause this vacuum its so powerful that suction all the dust and my cat hairs. It did work very good on my tile and carpet. I didn't like the color too much 'cause I rather a black but couldn't find any at the store, but overall its an excellent product that I will buy again and again.

No More Bags?!

from Norcross, GA

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

One of the things that I always hated about my previous vacuums was having to remember to buy bags when I would go to the store. It seemed like a silly extra expense and I always thought, why don't they just find a way to make a vacuum without a bag. Well, Dirt Devil, you've done it. I absolutely love this feature.

Unfortunately, I'm not so thrilled with the quality of the suction now that I've had the vacuum for a while. I expect my vacuums to last years and this one barely made it over a year before it simply stopped suctioning things efficiently. I'm reluctant to buy another one, but I really did like the vacuum until it started to conk out on me.

I think that the best thing this did, when it worked, was collect all of the dog hair. For those pet owners who are desperate for a solution to their pet hair woes, this might be an answer (assuming that mine was a lemon and/or you have money to replace it somewhat frequently). It did occur to me that perhaps it was the volume of hair that caused the suction to fail. I may never know.

• Versatility:

Effective vacuum for a reasonable price

from Riverview, FL

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

I have owned this vacuum for about 2 years. I have replaced the filter once in that time. I live in Florida where you can leave your doors open for fresh air a significant amount of the year, this of course increases the amount of dust you get in your house. That combined with 3 kids and a dog and my carpets get pretty dirty. I am always a little shocked when I empty the canister and see just how much dust comes out of the carpets. It is also effective at getting pet hair up. I find I have to empty the canister at least twice when vacuuming my house, this shows me how well it is actually working. I also like the canister over the bagged variety vacuum because sometimes you accidently vacuum up something you didn't mean to (that earring you dropped and couldn't find) the canister allows me to search the contents without tearing open a bag and getting it everywhere. My only complaint would be the design of the hose attachment, it does tend to pop out which can be annoying.

Does the Job

from Carol Stream, IL

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

I use this at my apartment at college. It does a pretty good job and you notice how much it picks up. It is a little loud though, louder than most vacuums. I like vacuuming and do it often, so I need a vacuum that does a good job and lasts. I like the different setting for higher carpet or a lower floor. The attachments are nice and I do not need much, so what it came with is perfect for me. One thing that bugs me is it is a little messy to empty it. I usually do it outside because dust goes everywhere! Which is a little counterproductive if I just cleaned.

Other than that, it does a good job and leaves my apartment clean and free of dust/etc.

Maneuverability
A little hard to move sometimes, but pretty good.

Ease of Maintenance
Like mentioned, it is a little messy to empty.

Suction Performance
Suction is good.

Versatility
Enough attachments/settings for me.

A simple design.

Has lasted me 2 years.

Easy to use

from Shelbyville, KY

Comments about Dirt Devil Breeze Bagless Vacuum:

I have had this vacuum for about 7 years. I haven't changed the filter as I should but it works fine. The hose is a little inconvenient. Takes some effort to attach. I really like that it is bagless and light-weight. Would be better if the hose and floor vac would switch with a button.